Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor user guideModified on: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 at 2:41 AM
Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor was developed to detect open/close of door/windows, temperature, and vibration while it is connected to Aeotec Smart Home Hub. It is powered by Aeotec Zigbee technology.
Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor must be used with a compatible ZigBee Gateway, like Aeotec Smart Home Hub, in order to work.
Familiarize yourself with Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
- Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
- User manual
- Health and safety guide
- Magnetic ball mount
- 3M adhesive strips
- 1x CR2032 battery
Important safety information.
- Read, keep, and follow these instructions. Heed all warnings.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce hear.
- Only use attachments and accessories specified by the Manufacturer.
Connect the Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
Video link: https://youtu.be/-EY_XxvfUDUSteps in SmartThings Connect.
- From the Home screen, tap the Plus (+) icon and select Device.
- Select Aeotec and then Multipurpose Sensor (IM6001-MPP).
- Tap Start.
- Choose a Hub for the device.
- Choose a Room for the device and tap Next.
- While the Hub searches:• Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor.• Scan the code on the back of the device.
Using Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor is now a part of your Aeotec Smart Home Hub network. It will appear as an Open/Close widget that can display open/close status or temperature sensor readings.This section will go over how to display all information in your SmartThings Connect app.
Steps in SmartThings Connect.
- Open SmartThings Connect
- Scroll down to your Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
- Then tap Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor widget.
- On this screen, it should display:• Open/Close• Temperature
You may use Open/Close and Temperature sensor in an Automation to control your Aeotec Smart Home Hub home automation network.
How to remove Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor from Aeotec Smart Home HubIf your Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor is not performing as you expected, you’ll likely need to reset your Multipurpose Sensor and remove it from Aeotec Smart Home Hub to begin a fresh start.Steps
- From the Home screen, select Menu
- Select More Options (3 dot icon)
- Tap Edit
- Tap Delete to confirm
Factory reset your Aeotec Multipurpose SensorAeotec Multipurpose Sensor can be factory reset at any time if you come across any issues, or if you need to re-pair Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor to another hub.
Video link: https://youtu.be/yT3iVHuO7QkSteps in SmartThings Connect.
- Press and Hold the recessed connect button for five (5) seconds.
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red.
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect.
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed in “Connect the Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor” above.
Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor technical specificationsModified on: Wed, 17 Feb, 2021 at 9:41 PM
This page lists Aeotec product technical specifications for Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor.Name: Aeotec Multipurpose SensorModel number:EU: GP-AEOMPSEUUS: GP-AEOMPSUSAU: GP-AEOMPSAUHardware required: Aeotec Smart Home HubSoftware required: SmartThings Connect (iOS or Android)Radio protocol: Zigbee3Power supply: NoBattery charger input: NoBattery type: 1 * CR2450Radiofrequency: 2.4 GHzSensor:Open/CloseTemperatureVibrationIndoor/Outdoor use: Indoor onlyOperating distance:50 – 100 ft15.2 – 40 mDimension of Button:1.72 x 2.04 x 0.54 in43,8 x 51,9 x 13,7 mmWeight:39 g1.44 oz
How to reset Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor | Samsung US – YouTube
How to connect Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor – YouTube
AEOTEC SmartThings Smart Home Hub | Home2Link