allen + roth ® and logo design are trademarks or registered trademarks of LF, LLC. All rights reserved.
ITEM #2806774FLUSHMOUNTCEILING FIXTUREMODEL #CLL14CH
Purchase Date ATTACH YOUR RECEIPT HERE
Questions, problems, missing parts? Before returning to your retailer, call our customerservice department at 1-866-439-9800, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., EST, Monday – Sunday. You could also contact us at [email protected] or visit www.lowespartsplus.com. RR20387
|B||Shade (preassembled to the fixture (A))||1|
|C||Screw (preassembled to the fixture (A))||3|
HARDWARE CONTENTS (shown actual size)
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.DANGER
- For your protection and safety, carefully read and understand the information provided in this manual completely before attempting to assemble, install or operate this product. Failure to do so could lead to fire, electrical shock, or other injuries that could be hazardous or even fatal.
- DO NOT connect this fixture to an electrical system that does not provide a means for equipment grounding. Never use a fixture in a two-wire system that is not grounded. Installing a fixture into an electrical system not having a proper grounding means could cause metal parts of the fixture to carry electrical currents if any of the fixture wires, wire connections, or splices were to become broken, cut, or loose during the mounting or normal operation of the fixture. Under this condition, anyone coming in contact with the fixture would be subject to electrical shock, which could cause serious injury or death.
- DO NOT connect the bare or green insulation fixture ground wire to the black (HOT) current-carrying wire or the white (NEUTRAL) house wire. Connection of the bare or green fixture ground wire to theblack or white house wires may cause metal parts of the fixture to carry electrical currents. Underthis condition, anyone coming in contact with the fixture will receive an electrical shock, which couldcause serious injury or death.
- DO NOT damage or cut the wire insulation (covering) during the installation of the fixture. DO NOT permit wires to contact any surface having a sharp edge. To do so may damage or cut the wire insulation,which could cause serious injury or death from electrical shock.
- All electrical connections must be in agreement with local codes and ordinances, the National ElectricCode (NEC) and ANSI/NFPA 70-1999. Contact your municipal building department to learn about your local codes, permits, and/or inspections. Risk of fire – most dwellings built before 1985 have supply wire rated for 140° F. Consult a qualified electrician before installation.
- To avoid personal injury, the use of gloves may be necessary while handling fixture parts with sharpedges.
DO NOT suspend any fixture by the house wires. A fixture must always be mounted directly to anoutlet box or to a mounting plate that is first attached to the outlet box. Wire connectors will notsupport the weight of a fixture. Suspending a fixture by the house wires and wire connectors willresult in the fixture falling, with the possibility of personal injury and the danger of electrical shock orfire.
- To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or personal injury, wire connectors provided with this light the fixture is designed to accept only one 12-gauge house wire and two lead wires from the light fixture. If your house wire is larger than 12-gauge or there is more than one house wire to connect to the corresponding fixture lead wires, consult an electrician for the proper size wire connectors to use.CAUTION
- TURN OFF ELECTRICITY at the main fuse box (or circuit breaker box) before beginning installation by removing the fuse (or switching the circuit breaker off).
- If you are not sure the lighting system has a grounding means, DO NOT attempt to install this fixture.Contact a qualified, licensed electrician for information regarding the proper grounding methods asrequired by the local electrical code in your area.
- All fixtures must be mounted to an outlet box that is supported by the building structure.
- If a dimmer control switch is used with this fixture, obtain professional advice to determine the correct type to use as well as the electrical rating required.
- To reduce the risk of damage to the fixture, DO NOT use power tools to assemble any part of thefixture.
- Do NOT tamper with or attempt to repair the LED component of the fixture. The light source is designed for this specific application and should not be serviced by untrained personnel. If any servicing is required, call our customer service department.NOTE: Dimmable to 10% with select dimmers. See Lowes.com for more information.Modifications not approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority tooperate the equipment.
The device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.• Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device,pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: – Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. – Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. – Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Distributed by: Litex Industries Inc., P.O. Box 535639, Grand Prairie, TX, 75050; 1-800-527-1292
Before beginning the assembly of the product, make sure all parts are present. Compare parts with packagecontents list and hardware contents list. If any part is missing or damaged, do not attempt to assemblethe product.
Estimated Assembly Time: 30 minutes
Tools Required for Assembly (not included): Flathead Screwdriver, Phillips Screwdriver, Wire Strippers,Pliers, Wire Cutters, Safety Glasses, Stepladder, Electrical TapeHelpful Tools (not included): A/C Tester Light, Do-It-Yourself Guide, Soft Cloth, Level
- Turn off circuit breakers and wall switch to the fixture supply line leads.DANGER: Failure to disconnect the power supply prior to installation may result in serious injury or death.
- Remove existing fixtures and disconnect all electrical wiring.
- Carefully remove shade (B) from fixture (A) by removing screws (C) from the edges of the fixture (A). Remove the packing material from the shade(B) and dispose of packing material. Save screws (C) for later use.
- Attach mounting strap (D) to outlet box (not included) using existing washers and outlet box screws or the machine screws (BB). NOTE:If the outlet box screws required for your outlet box are of a different size than the machine screws (BB), consult a licensed electrician before proceeding. Tighten machine screws (BB) to secure mounting strap (D). CAUTION: The fixture must be mounted to an outlet box that is supported by the building structure. Plastic outlet boxes are not recommended.Insert fixture screws (CC) two full turns into screw holes on the mounting strap (D).Hardware Used
- Unwrap BARE fixture wire from BLACK and WHITE fixture wires. Prepare wires by stripping 3/4 in. ofinsulation from wire ends using wire strippers (not included). Connect WHITE wire from fixture (A) to WHITE wire from outlet box using existing wire connector or wire connector (AA). Connect the BLACK wire from fixture (A) to BLACK wire from the outlet box using the existing wire connector or wire connector (AA). Connect BARE/GREEN ground wire from outlet box to BARE ground wire from fixture (A) with wire connector (AA).NOTE: Screw wire connectors (AA) on in a clockwise direction.WARNING: Never connect the ground wire to WHITE or BLACK power supply wires.WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or personal injury, wire connectors (AA) are designed to accept only one 12-gauge house wire and two lead wires from the light fixture. If your house wire is larger than 12-gauge or there is more than one house wire to connect to the correspondingfixture lead wires, consult an electrician for the proper size wire connectors to use.
- Wrap electrical tape (not included) around each individual wire connector (AA) down to the wire. Push wire connectors (AA)gently back into the outlet box. Carefully push excess wiring into the outlet box. WARNING: Make sure no bare wire or wire strands are visible after making connections.
- Align key slot holes on the fixture (A) with fixture screws (CC) and push up. Secure fixture (A) to mounting strap (D) by tightening the fixture screws (CC).
- Attach shade (B) to fixture (A) using the screws (C) previously removed (Step 3, Page 6).
- Restore power and test fixture (A). If the light does not function, please refer to TROUBLESHOOTING on the next page.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Shut off the main power supply. Wipe fixture with a soft, damp cloth. Use window cleaner to cleanglass. Do not use an abrasive cleaner.
- Total wattage for this fixture is 20.84 watts. Do not attempt to replace the LED.
|Light does not come on initially or no longer comes on.||1. Power is OFF.2. Faulty connection.3. LED component is not working properly.||1. Make sure the power supply is ON.2. Check wiring and all connections.3. Contact Customer Service.|
|Fuse blows out or circuit breaker trips.||1.Crossed wires.2.Power wire is grounding out.||1. Check to wire.2. Check all connections.|
WARNING: Before beginning work, shut off the power supply to avoid electrical shock.
WARRANTYThe distributor warrants all of its lighting fixtures against defects in materials and workmanship for five (5) years from the date of purchase. If within this period the product is found to be defective, take a copy of the bill of sale as proof of purchase and the product in its original carton to the place of purchase. The distributor will, at its option, repair, replace or refund the purchase price to the consumer. All costs of installation and removal of the fixture is the responsibility of the consumer. This warranty does not cover fixtures becoming defective due to misuse, accidental damage or improper handling and/or installation and specifically excludes liability for direct, incidental, or consequential damages. As some states do not allow exclusions of limitations on an implied warranty, the above exclusion and limitation may not apply. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
Printed In China – PWLI2010