Nebula SolarUser Manual
Read all instructions before you use this device. Do not make any changes or create settings that are not described in this manual. If physical injury, loss of data, or damage is caused by failure to follow instructions, the warranty does not apply.Setup
- To reduce the risk of fire and/or electric shock, do not expose the device to rain or moisture. Objects filled with liquids, such as vases, should not be placed on this device.
- Do not place this device on soft surfaces such as tablecloths or carpets, otherwise, the device could be a fire hazard.
- Do not place this device in areas susceptible to excessive dust and dirt or near any appliance generating a strong magnetic field.
- To prevent overheating, do not block or clog the ventilation openings.
- Never place this device in a confined space. Always leave enough space around this device for ventilation.
- Protect this device from overexposure to direct sunlight, heat, large temperature fluctuations and moisture. Avoid extreme temperatures. The suitable operations and storage temperature for this device and its accessories is 41°F to 95°F/ 5°C to 35°C.
- When this device is running for a long period of time, the surface may become hot. Shut it down immediately and unplug the charger. Resume operation after this device has cooled down.
- Always handle this device with care. Avoid touching the lens. Do not allow children to handle the device without supervision.
- Never place heavy or sharp objects on this device.
- To avoid electric shock, do not disassemble.
- Use attachments or accessories specified by the manufacturer only.
- Avoid extreme vibrations as they may damage the internal components.
- Use only the provided power adapter.
- Power off the device before removing the power supply from the socket.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from this device.
- Unplug this device if there are lightning storms or when unused for a long period of time.
- Where the power plug or an appliance coupler is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
- Before you make or change any connections, ensure that all devices are disconnected from the power outlet.
- Never touch the power cable or the power connector with wet hands.
- To prevent hearing damage, do not listen for extended periods at high volume. Set the volume to a safe level.
- The charger type for D2130 is NSA60ED-190300 with output voltage/current of DC 19V, 3A Max.
- The charger type for D2131 is PN653I with output voltage / current of 5V DC, 3A / 9V DC, 3A / 12V DC, 3A / 15V DC, 3A / 20V DC, 3.25A.
- The charger type for D2131 is A2713 with output voltage / current of 5V DC, 3A / 9V DC, 3A/ 15V DC, 3A / 20V DC, 3.25A.
- The adapter should be installed near this product and should be easily accessible.
- This adapter is for indoor use only.
- When charging, place this device in an environment that has a normal room temperature (ranges from 5°C to 25°C/ 41°F to 77°F recommended) and good ventilation.
- Due to the enclosure material used, this device shall only be connected to a USB interface of version 2.0 or higher.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth. Never use liquid, gaseous, or easily flammable cleansers to clean.
- Do not use any liquid cleaning agents to clean the lens to avoid damaging the coating film on the lens.
- Use lens cleaning paper to clean the lens.
- Do not make any repairs to this device yourself. Only have your device repaired by an authorized service center.
- Improper maintenance can result in injuries or damage to this device.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
- Possibly hazardous optical radiation emitted from this device.
- Do not stare at the operating beam. The bright light may damage your eyes.
- Camera for Autofocus
- Power Button• Press to power on• Press and hold to power off
- USB-A Port• Connect to a USB flash drive
- DC Input (Nebula Solar)USB-C Charging Port (Nebula Solar Portable)
- HDMI Input Port• Connect to a playback device
- Solar / Solar Portable nameplate• Open to use it as a stand
- Tripod socket
|1. Adjust Focus2. Navigation3. Back4. Power On / Off5. Press to activate Google Assistant||6. Confirm the selected content7. Home8. System Settings9. Volume up / down|
Remote Control: Nebula RCModel: D0413
LED Indicator Guide
|Solid blue||Power on / operating in projector mode|
|Solid yellow||Standby in projector mode|
|Flashing blue||Ready to pair / Bluetooth is pairing /Bluetooth disconnected (Bluetooth speaker mode)|
|Solid blue||Bluetooth connected (Bluetooth speaker mode)|
Nebula Solar Portable:
|Solid blue||Power on / operating in projector mode|
|Solid yellow||Standby in projector mode|
|Solid green||Fully charged|
|Flashing red||Low battery|
Place this device on a stable, flat surface, and squarely point it to face the projection surface. For best results, the projection surface should be white and flat. The distance between this device and the projection surface must be a minimum of 30 inches (0.8 meters) and a maximum of 120 inches (3.18 meters) to get a projection image from 30 to 120 inches.
- It is unnecessary to tilt it towards the projection surface. You can correct the projection image with the built-in keystone correction.
- The distance between the device and the projection surface determines the projection image size. For the best result, set the projector between 63 and 104 inches away.
- You can also mount your projector on the ceiling.
There is a nameplate on the back panel of Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable. Open the nameplate to use it as a stand. After use, close the nameplate.
Prepare the Remote Control
The remote control comes with two AAA batteries.
- For first-time use, slide to open the battery compartment and install two AAA batteries.
- To replace the battery, unlock and open the battery compartment, insert a new battery matching the polarity (+/-) as indicated, and then close and lock the battery compartment.
- Connect Nebula Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable to the power outlet by using the provided power adapter.
- Nebula Solar: Press to turn it on.Nebula Solar Portable: Press and hold for 2s to turn it on.
- Angle the projector towards a suitable projection surface or wall. The built-in autofocus automatically adjusts the protector’s image focus. Or you can press on the remote control to manually adjust the focus.
- When using for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the basic setup.
Nebula Connect App
To easily control this device, we recommend downloading the Nebula Connect app. With this app, you can operate your mouse using your phone screen.
- Download the Nebula Connect app from the App Store (iOS devices) or Google Play (Android devices).
- Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone and select [Nebula-XXXXXX-Solar] or [Nebula-XXXXXX- Solar P] as the device to be connected.
- Open the Nebula Connect app and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection setup.
Powering the Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable with Android TV™
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.Option 1. Quick setupAndroid phone users can follow the instructions to quickly set up Android TV with your Android phone.Option 2. Set up Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar PortableFor iOS users, follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Skip the quick setup process.
- Connect Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable to the network.
- Sign in with your Google account.
Your Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable will be powered by Android TV after finishing the setup process.
Go through the setup process when you turn on Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable for the first time.NetworkThis device can be connected to the Internet via a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection.
- On the home page, select > [Network & Internet] and press
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the network connection.
- On the home page, select> [Projector Settings] and press
|[Brightness] / [Image Mode]||[Brightness]: Adjust the brightness from 0 to 100% (forNebula Solar)|
|[Image Mode]: Auto / Standard / Battery Mode (for NebulaSolar Portable)|
|[Color Temperature]||[Normal] / [Cool] / [Warm]|
|[Wall Color]||[White] / [Red] / [Orange] / [Blue] / [Green] / [Cyan] / [Yellow]/ [Purple]|
|[3D]||Press Enter to select 3D effect.Option: [2D] / [3D (Side by Side)] / [3D (Over-Under)]|
|[Keystone Correction]||Enable / disable auto keystone correction.|
|[Auto Focus Correction]||Press Enter to run autofocus correction. Set to On by default.|
|[HDR]||Enable/disable HDR effect.|
|[Projector Mode]||[Auto]: Automatically detects whether the projector is inverted.Automatically switch between these options.|
|[Front Projection]: The projector is located in front of theprojection surface.|
|[Rear Projection]: The projector is located behind theprojection surface.|
|[Inverted Front Projection]: The projector is hangingfrom the ceiling in an upside-down position. The image isrotated by 180 degrees.|
|[Inverted Rear Projection]: The projector is hangingfrom the ceiling in an upside-down position behind theprojection surface. The image is rotated by 180 degreesand horizontally mirrored.|
The audio format can be changed via Audio Settings.
- On the home page, select > [Audio Settings] and press.
Auto changes the digital audio format: Enable or disable automatic digital audio format change between PCM and RAW.
Choose HDMI as the input source. You can also change CEC settings.
- On the home page, select > [HDMI] and press.
|CEC Settings||Press Enter to change CEC settings.|
|HDMI||When an HDMI device is connected, the projector will start playing content on the HDMI devices.|
|HDMI 2.0||On / Off|
You can use Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable as a standalone Bluetooth speaker.To switch to Bluetooth speaker mode, you have two options:
- A. Press to switch to Bluetooth speaker mode.B. On the home page, select > [Bluetooth Speaker Mode] and press.
- Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone and select [Nebula Solar] or [Nebula Solar P] as the device to be connected.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Bluetooth connection or quit the Bluetooth speaker mode.
- On the home page, select > [Apps], and press.
- Select an app and check the current version, open or force stop, check the storage used, clear data or cache, or enable or disable notifications and permissions.
On the home page, select to find more setting options.
|[About]||Check the device information and firmware version.|
|[Date & time]||Manually set the date and time.|
|[Language]||Select the on-screen language.|
|[Keyboard]||Select the keyboard language type.|
|[Sound]||Select the audio output source and sound format.|
|[Storage]||Check the device storage and removable storage.|
|[Reset]||All data from your device’s internal storage will be erased.|
|[Date & Time]|
|[Automatic date & time]||Enable or disable automatic date and time.|
|[Set date]||Manually set date.|
|[Set time]||Manually set time.|
|[Set time zone]||Set a time zone.|
|[Use 24-hour format]||Enable or disable 24-hour format.|
Using Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable
Play from HDMI Playback Devices
Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable can be connected to various HDMI playback devices such as a TV box, TV stick, DVD player, set-top box (STB), gaming consoles, or other devices.To play from HDMI playback devices:
- Connect Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable to an HDMI playback device with an HDMI cable (not included).• It will automatically start HDMI playback once connected to an HDMI playback device.
Play from a USB Drive
With Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable, you can enjoy music, video, and pictures that are stored on a USB drive.
To play from a USB drive:
- Download the ES File Explorer from Google Play.
- Insert a USB drive into the USB port.• The USB folder will appear on the ES File Explorer.
- Select videos or photos from the USB drive that you want to play, and press.
- Press to stop playback.
Connect Bluetooth Accessories
You can connect Bluetooth devices to Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable.
- On the home page, select > [Remotes & Accessories] and press.
- Select Add accessories.• This projector will begin searching for accessories.
- Pair your projector with the device to be connected.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Bluetooth connection.
Note: Before pairing your Bluetooth devices, make sure the remote control and your projector are in pairing mode.
Use Chromecast™ Built-in
You can wirelessly cast photos, videos, and music from your phone or computer right to your Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable.
- Play a YouTube video clip on your phone and then tap the cast icon on the video screen.
- Select the device “D2130” or “D2131” you want to cast to.• This projector will mirror the screen of the connected phone or computer.
- Make sure Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable and your phone are connected to the same wireless network.
- Certain content may be unavailable to be cast due to copyright restrictions. In this case, you can stream the content via the same app installed in your Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable.
Enjoy Google Features
Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable also supports Google features. Once connected to a wireless network, you can access online services, enjoy movies, music, and pictures, and browse online. Aside from the pre-installed apps, you can also install any other apps from Google Play, and talk to the Google Assistant to do certain tasks.To talk to the Google Assistant:
- Make sure you’ve followed the steps in the section “Connect Bluetooth Accessories” to connect your remote control to Nebula Solar / Nebula Solar Portable. Once connected, the LED indicator on the remote control turns solid red.
- Press on the remote control to talk to the Google Assistant.
Specifications and design are subject to change without notice.
Nebula Solar:Power supply: 19V 3APower consumption: < 57WStandby power consumption: < 0.5WDisplay technology: FHD 1920 × 1080pDLPLight source: RGB LEDProjection image size: 30-120 inchResolution: 1920 × 1080pBrightness: 400 ANSI LumensContrast ratio: 1000:1Throw ratio: 1.2Throw distance: 0.8m to 3.18mCPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A55OS: Android TV 9.0RAM: 2GB DDRROM: 8GB eMMCSpeaker drivers: 3W × 2Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac DualFrequency 2.4G/5GBluetooth version: V4.2USB file system: FAT32 / NTFS / exFATRecommended ambient: 41°F to 95°F /5°C to 35°CRelative humidity: 15% ~ 85% (noncondensing)Storage temperature and humidity: <149°F / 65°C, < 90% humidityDimensions (H*D): 192.25 × 192 × 58.65 mm / 7.6 × 7.6 × 2.3 inchWeight: 1 kg / 35.2 oz
Nebula Solar Portable:Power supply: 20V 3.25APower consumption: < 65WStandby power consumption: < 0.5WDisplay technology: FHD 1920 × 1080pDLPLight source: RGB LEDProjection image size: 30-120 inchResolution: 1920 × 1080pBrightness: 400 ANSI LumensContrast ratio: 1000:1Throw ratio: 1.2Throw distance: 0.8m to 3.18mCPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A55OS: Android TV 9.0RAM: 2GB DDRROM: 8GB eMMCSpeaker drivers: 3W × 2Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac DualFrequency 2.4G/5GBluetooth version: V4.2USB file system: FAT32 / NTFS / exFATRecommended ambient: 41°F to 95°F /5°C to 35°CRelative humidity: 15% ~ 85% (noncondensing)Storage temperature and humidity: < 149°F / 65°C, < 90% humidityDimensions (H*D): 192.25 × 192 × 58.65 mm / 7.6 × 7.6 × 2.3 inchWeight: 1.4 kg / 49.4 oz
- Fail to turn on the projector with the remote control?• Press on the projector to turn it on.
- The remote control doesn’t work?• Make sure the battery is already installed in the remote control.• Replace the batteries.
- Blurred image?• Move the projector slightly.• Press on the remote control. The projector will adjust the focus automatically.• When the focus-adjusting icon shows on your projector, use the navigation button to manually adjust the focus.
- Cannot connect to a Wi-Fi network?• Refresh the list of available networks and retry.• Reboot the wireless router or the device and retry.
- How do I update the firmware?• When a new version is detected you will be asked to reboot and update.
This product complies with the radio interference requirements of the European Community.
Declaration of ConformityHereby, Anker Innovations Limited. declares that this device is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. For the Declaration of Conformity, visit the Web site www.SeeNebula.comRF exposure information for D2130/D2131: The Maximum Permissible Exposure (MPE) level has been calculated based on a distance of d=20 cm between the device and the human body. To maintain compliance with RF exposure requirements, use products that maintain a 20cm distance between the device and the human body.CAUTION RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE. DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS Wifi Operating Frequency Range (for D2130/D2131): 2412~2472MHz(2.4G);5150~5250 MHz, 5725~5850 MHz (5G)Wifi Max Output Power (for D2130): 18.47 dBm(ERIP for 2.4G); 20.95 dBm(ERIP for 5G)Wifi Max Output Power (for D2131): 18.22 dBm(ERIP for 2.4G); 21.22 dBm(ERIP for 5G)BT Operating Frequency Range (for D2130/D2131): 2402~2480 MHzBT Max Output Power: 8.63 dBm (ERIP for D2130); 7.38 dBm (ERIP for D2131)
RF warning statement for D0413:The device has been evaluated to meet general RF exposure requirements. The device can be used in portable exposure conditions without restriction.Bluetooth Operating Frequency Range (for D0413): 2402~2480 MHz;Bluetooth Max Output Power (for D0413): 4.346 dBmAnker Innovations Deutschland GmbH | Georg-Muche-Strasse 3-5, 80807 Munich,GermanyAnker Technology (UK) Ltd | Suite B, Fairgate House, 205 Kings Road, Tyseley, Birmingham, B11 2AA, United KingdomYour product is designed and manufactured with high-quality materials and components, which can be recycled and reused.This symbol means the product must not be discarded as household waste and should be delivered to an appropriate collection facility for recycling. Proper disposal and recycling help protect natural resources, human health, and the environment. For more information on the disposal and recycling of this product, contact your local municipality, disposal service, or the shop where you bought this product.
FCC NoticeThis device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These imits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communication. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: (1) Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. (2) Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. (3) Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. (4) Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.FCC Radiation Exposure Statement:The device has been evaluated to meet general RF exposure requirements. The device can be used in fixed/mobile exposure conditions. The min separation distance is 20cm.Notice: Shielded cablesAll connections to other computing devices must be made using shielded cables to maintain compliance with FCC regulations.The following importer is the responsible partyCompany Name: Fantasia Trading LLCAddress: 5350 Ontario Mills Pkwy, Suite 100, Ontario, CA 91764Telephone:1-800-988-7973
HDMI, and HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby, Dolby Audio, Pro Logic, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.Android, Android TV, and Google AssistantGoogle, Android, Android TV, Chromecast, and other related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee for Any ReasonYou may return your undamaged product and packaging within 30 days of purchase to receive a FULL REFUND for any reason. If the reason for return isn’t quality-related, the customer must pay for the return shipping.12-Month Warranty for Quality-Related IssuesNebula’s products are warrantied to be free from material and workmanship defects for 12 months from the date of purchase. Within this period, Nebula will provide a replacement and cover any return shipping costs for products that fail in normal use.Please Note: Any provided shipping labels must be used within 20 days from the date they’re issued by Nebula Support.
NEBULAFor FAQs and more information, please visit:www.SeeNebula.com [email protected]
+1 (800) 988 7973 (US) Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm (PT)+44 (0) 1604 936200 (UK) Mon-Fri 6:00 – 11:00 (GMT)+49 (0) 69 9579 7960 (DE) Mo-Fr 6:00 – 11:00
©Anker Innovations Limited. All rights reserved. NEBULA and the NEBULA logo are trademarks of Anker Innovations Limited, registered in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.Model: D2130/D2131 V01