anko Air Fryer AF-18A-1
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
- Always turn the appliance OFF and disconnect from mains power when not in use, before attempting to move the appliance and before cleaning or storing.
- Never immerse the housing which contains electrical components and heating elements, the supply cord and plug in water or any other liquid, nor rinse them under the tap.
- To prevent electric shock and short-circuit, avoid any liquid from entering the appliance.
- If the supply cord or plug is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard or the product must be disposed.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when in use or when connected to mains power.CAUTION: Do not press the basket release button to remove the basket from the pan until it is placed on a flat, firm and heat-resistant surface.
- Surfaces may become hot during use. This is normal.
- Do not let the cord touch hot surfaces, become knotted or hang from the edge of bench tops.
- Do not place this appliance on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or where it could touch a heated oven.
- Keep the unit clear of walls, curtains and other heat sensitive materials (leave a minimum distance of 20cm).IMPORTANT! Do not place unit under shelving or flammable materials when in use.
- Never overfill ingredients above the Max level mark in the basket. Keep all ingredients within the basket and do not overfill beyond the basket to prevent any direct contact with the heating element.
- Do not move the appliance when in use.
- Do not cover the air inlet or the air out let when the appliance is working.
- Do not touch the inside of the appliance while it is operating.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual.WARNING: FIRE HAZARD. DO NOT fill the pan with oil.
- Do not place anything on top of the appliance when in use and when stored.
- Before connecting the appliance to the power supply, check that the voltage indicated on the rating label attached to the appliance corresponds with the voltage in your home. If this is not the case, DO NOT use the appliance.
- This appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or a separate remote-control system.
- The use of accessory attachments is not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause serious injury and/or damage to the appliance.
- This appliance is for household use only not for commercial use. Do not use this appliance for other than its intended use. Do not use in moving vehicles or boats. Do not use outdoors.
- This appliance is intended to be used indoors in household and similar applications such as: staff kitchen areas in shops offices and other working environment, farm houses, by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments, bed and breakfast type environments.
- During hot air frying, hot steam is released through the air outlet. To avoid scalding keep a safe distance from steam and the air outlet.
- Be careful of hot steam and air when you remove the pan from the appliance
- CAUTION! Hot surfaces. The baking basket/pan and air outlet become hot when the appliance in use. Always use oven gloves when handling the baking basket/pan.
- Use the appliance only on a dry, level, stable, and heat-resistant surface only, away from any edges.
- Do not use the appliance under overhead cabinets or presses. Steam generated from the appliance may cause damage to the cabinets or presses.
- This appliance must be connected to a three-point power outlet socket connected to Earth. If unsure check with an electrician.
- Never use the appliance with oil, this can cause a fire.
- Always unplug the power cord from mains power outlet socket when the appliance is not in use.
- Always allow the appliance to cool down completely before cleaning.
|WARNING: To prevent risk of severe personal injury and/or property damage, use extreme caution when cooking.|
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS. FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
KNOW YOUR AIR FRYER
- Control panel
- Basket handle
- Hot air outlet
- Power plug & cord
1. Power/start/stop button
- Once the appliance is plugged in, the Power/start/stop Button will light up the appliance is in standby mode.
- Touch the power/start/stop button, the full control panel will light up for setting.
- Touch the power/start/stop button to start cooking process after setting.
- Touch the power/start/stop button at any time during the cooking process, and the appliance will stop heating whilst the fan will continue running for 15 seconds.
- The power/start/stop button will blink with 6 beep-beep sounds when cooking process has finished.
2. Preset function icons
- The preset functions are for high-efficiency cooking.
- Selecting any of the icons will set the cooking Time and Temperature to a default setting for the particular food. You can over-ride these presets with time and temperature setting buttons.
- The selected icon will keep blinking when selected, constantly light up during the cooking process and it will turn OFF when the cooking process is completed.
- The selectable preset functions as follows:
|Icons||Preset||Time (minutes)||Temperature (℃)|
3. Function select button
- Touch the function select button, and one of the preset function icons. The selected icon will blink to indicate your selection.
- Keep touching the function select button, the preset function icons will blink one by one for your selection.
4. Temperature setting buttons
- Temperature setting buttons enable you to raise or lower cooking temperature by 5℃ starting from 80℃ to 200℃.
- You can touch the temperature setting buttons to set the temperature before or during cooking.
- Touch and hold the temperature setting buttons for faster selection of the temperature.
5. Time setting Buttons
- Time setting buttons enable you to select exact cooking time by 1-minute intervals.
- You can increase or decrease time by 1 minute, from 1 minute to 60 minutes. You can touch the time setting buttons to set the time before or during cooking.
- Touch and hold the time setting buttons for faster selection of the time.
6. Digital Display
- The Digital Display shows the set time and temperature in regular turns before cooking and shows the remaining time and set temperature in regular turns during cooking.
- It will show 00 when the cooking process is finished and then turns OFF.
7. Heater indicator
- The heater indicator lights up when the appliance is heating up.
8. Fan indicator
- The fan indicator lights up when the fan is switched ON automatically.
INTRODUCTIONThe air fryer provides an easy and healthier way of cooking your favorite foods. By applying rapid air circulation from all directions additional to a top grill, it is able to cook a variety of dishes without adding any oil or by adding just a little oil to specific ingredients in the table shown in this booklet.
HOW TO USE YOUR AIR FRYER
Ensure the following before using the product:
- Remove all the packing materials including any in the pan and basket.
- Slide out the basket and pan, place on a flat surface, slide forward the button cover, and separate the basket from the pan by pressing down the basket release button. Clean both basket and pan with a non-abrasive sponge, with hot water and dish washing liquid. Rinse with clean water and set aside to dry. Sliding button cover Basket release button Slide out
- Wipe the inside and outside of the appliance clean with a moist soft cloth.
Preparing for use:
- Place the appliance on a stable, horizontal, flat and heat resistant surface.IMPORTANT! To prevent heat damage, place the appliance on a heat-resistant surface only. Not recommended to use directly on laminated / Vinyl bench top. Placing the air fryer on an insulated heat pad is recommended.
- Remove the pan and basket from the appliance and place it on a flat surface.CAUTION! After use the basket will be hot. Do not press the basket release button to remove the basket from pan until it is placed on a flat, firm and heat-resistant surface.
Using the appliance:
This appliance is able to cook a variety of dishes. Refer to the `Cooking Manual’ for reference and respective cooling times.
- Connect the supply cord plug into a mains power outlet socket. The appliance is now in standby mode.
- Place the ingredients into the basket. IMPORTANT! Do not fill beyond the MAX mark in the basket.
- Slide the pan and basket back into the appliance. CAUTION! Never operate the appliance without the basket placed in the pan. Do not touch the pan and basket during use or immediately after use, as the pan and basket get very hot. Only hold by the handle.
- Touch the power button to light up the control panel.
- Select a preset function or set the time and temperature manually, then touch the power button to start cooking.
- For cooking of some ingredients, it may require to turn/toss the contents in the basket or add small quantity oil in the cooking ingredients during the cooking process to ensure even cooking and avoid charring of ingredients positioned at the top of the basket. When this is needed, you can pull out the pan and basket. The appliance will stop heating automatically. After turning/tossing or adding oil, place the pan and basket back into the appliance to resume cooking.WARNING! Do not press the basket release button when tossing/turning the ingredients. Otherwise, the pan could fall onto the floor with the possibility of striking and cause serious injuries and damage to the floor or splashing hot contents from the pan.NOTE: You may slide out the pan and basket to check at any time during the cooking process, the appliance will pause when the pan and basket is taken out or powered OFF. The appliance will continue the cooking process if the pan and basket is slide in or powered ON again.
- You can reset the time and temperature during the cooking process if necessary.
- When you hear the “beep-beep” sound, the set time is elapsed and the cooking cycle is completed. The appliance is now in standby mode.
- Check if the ingredients are cooked to your satisfaction. If not, set the timer for a few more minutes until it cooked to your satisfaction.
- Remove the pan and basket from the appliance, only hold by the handle as other surfaces will be hot. Press the basket release button to remove the basket and tip contents onto a dish or place the pan and basket on a flat firm and heat-resistant surface. During the cooking process, oil from food will drip and be collected on the bottom of the pan. This can be cleaned at the end of the cooking process when the pan has cooled down.
- After using your appliance, remove the power supply cord plug from the wall socket immediately and allow it to cool down completely.CAUTION!Do not press the basket release button to remove the basket from the pan until it is placed on a flat, firm and heat-resistant surface. Beware of escaping steam from the pan, as there is a danger of scalding. Do not turn the basket with ingredients upside down with the pan attached when tipping the contents onto a dish. Excess oil may have collected in the pan, it could drip out and cause scalding.
IMPORTANT! NEVER LEAVE THE UNIT UNATTENDED WHEN IN USE
- Smaller ingredients usually require a shorter cooking time than larger ingredients.
- A larger amount of ingredients requires a longer cooking time.
- Tossing/turning smaller ingredients halfway during the cooking process optimizes the end result and can help prevent unevenly fried ingredients.
- To remove large individual or delicate ingredients from the basket, do not tip them out. Pick them up with a pair of tongs.
- Do not prepare extremely greasy ingredients such as sausages in the air fryer.
- Snacks that can be prepared in an oven can also be prepared in the fryer.
- The optimal amount for preparing crispy fries is 300g.
- Place a baking tin or oven dish in the air fryer basket if you want to bake a cake/quiche or if you want to fry fragile ingredients or filled ingredients.
- You can also use the air fryer to reheat ingredients. To reheat ingredients, set the temperature to 150 for up to 10 minutes.
- For best results with home-made chips, soak the cut chips in water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch. Dry on kitchen paper and toss in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil (or lightly spray with olive oil spray) until the chips are coated.
- For a crispy home-made coating, mix fine breadcrumbs with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Pre-packed snacks like bread crumbed fish or chicken drumsticks only need to be coated lightly with olive oil.
SETTINGSTo assist with selection of cooking times and maximum basket volumes for specific ingredients, refer to the cooking manual section in this booklet. NOTE: Please keep in mind that the cooking manual is indicative and for your reference only. Variation in size, shapes and brands may require an increase or decrease of cooking time and temperature setting to achieve the desired and best cooking outcome.This type of heating technology reheats the air inside the appliance instantly, so pulling the pan briefly out of the appliance to toss/turn ingredients during cooking will barely disturb the process.
AFTER USING YOUR AIR FRYER
- Remove the supply cord plug from mains power outlet socket and allow the appliance to cool down completely before cleaning. Clean it after every use.NOTE: Remove the pan to let the air fryer cool down faster. CAUTION! Do not immerse the housing of the appliance in water or any other liquids when cleaning.
- Do not touch hot surfaces.
- Do not use harsh abrasives, caustic cleaners or oven cleaners when cleaning this appliance.
- Wipe the outside of the appliance with a moist soft cloth.
- Clean the pan and basket with hot water, use a non-abrasive sponge with dish-washing liquid. The pan and basket are dishwasher-safe. Tip: If dirt/oil is stuck to the basket or the bottom of the pan, fill the pan with hot water and some dish-washing liquid. Leave it in the basket to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Clean the inside of the appliance with a slightly dampened cloth and polish it with a soft dry cloth.
- If required, lightly brush the heating element to remove any attached food residue.
- Make sure all parts are clean and dry before storing or using it again.
- Store the air fryer in a safe, cool, dry place. Do not place any objects on top of the air fryer during storage as this may damage the appliance. Keep it away from children.
COOKING MANUALMax. Food weight must not exceed 1Kg.
|Ingredients||Amount (g)||Cooking time (minute)||Temperature (℃)||Toss needed||Extra information|
|Potato & Chips|
|Thin frozen chips||200-300||18-20||180||√|
|Thick frozen chips||200-300||20-25||180||√|
|Meat & Poultry|
|Spring rolls||100-250||8-10||200||√||Use oven-ready|
|Frozen chicken nuggets||100-300||6-10||200||√||Use oven-ready|
|Frozen fish fingers||100-250||6-10||200||Use oven-ready|
|Frozen bread crumbed cheese snacks||100-250||8-10||180||Use oven-ready|
|Cake||250||20-25||160||Use baking tin|
|Quiche||300||20-22||180||Use baking tin/oven dish|
|Muffins||250||15-18||200||Use baking tin|
|Sweet snacks||250||20||160||Use baking tin/oven dish|
|The fryer doesn’t work.||The appliance is not connected to mains power outlet socket.||Connect the appliance into a mains power outlet socket.|
|The ingredients fried in the fryer are not done.||The amount of ingredients in the basket is too high.||Place smaller batches of ingredients in the basket.Smaller batches are fried more evenly.|
|The set temperature is too low.||Set the temperature to the required temperature setting (refer to the above cooking manual).|
|The preparation time is too short.||Set the timer to the required preparation time.|
|The ingredients are fried unevenly in the fryer.||Certain types of ingredients need to be tossed/turned halfway during the cooking process.||Ingredients that lie on top of or across each other (e.g. fries) need to be tossed/turned halfway during the cooking process (refer to the cooking manual).|
|Fried snacks are not crispy when they come out of the fryer||You used a type of snacks meant to be prepared in a traditional deep fryer.||Use oven snacks or lightly brush some oil onto the snacks for a crisper result.|
|Can’t slide the pan into the appliance properly||There are too much ingredients in the basket.||Do not fill the ingredients over the “MAX” mark in the basket.|
|The basket is not placed in the pan properly.||Push the basket down into the pan until you hear a ‘click’.|
|White smoke comes out from the appliance.||You are preparing greasy ingredients.||When you fry greasy ingredients in the fryer, a large amount of oil will leak into the pan. The oil produces white smoke and the pan may heat up more than usual. This does not affect the appliance or the end result.|
|The pan still contains grease residues from previous use.||White smoke is caused by grease heating up in the pan. Make sure you clean the pan properly after each use.|
|Fresh chips are fried unevenly in the fryer.||Not using the right potato type.||Use fresh potatoes and make sure that they stay
firm during frying.
|The potato chips are not rinsed properly before frying.||Rinse the potato chips properly to remove starch from the outside of the fries.|
|Fresh chips are not crispy when they come out of the fryer||The crispiness of the chips depends on the amount of oil and water in the fries.||Make sure to dry the potato chips properly before adding the oil.|
|Cut the potato chips smaller for a crispier result.|
|Add slightly more oil for a crisper result.|
Voltage: 220-240Va.c. 50-60Hz Power: 900W MAX Food Weight: 1Kg
12 MONTH WARRANTY
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.