anko HEG11C Rechargeable Handheld Fan User Manual
Model No.: HEG11C
Note: The specifications and/or components of this appliance are subject to change without prior notice.
1. Safety Instructions
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Carefully read this instruction manual before using the Fan and/or the USB cable.
- Keep the Fan and USB cable out of reach of young children.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the Fan and/or USB cable.
- Ensure children and babies do not play with plastic bags or any packaging materials.
- Do not disassemble the Fan and/or USB cable. There are no user serviceable parts inside.
- VERY IMPORTANT:Ensure that the Fan and/or USB cable does not get wet (water splashes etc.).Do not use your charger, Fan or the USB cable with wet hands.Do not immerse the Fan and/or the USB cable in water or other liquids or use near sinks, baths or showers.
- Only Charge the Fan with the USB cable that was supplied with the Fan.
- Only Charge the Fan from an Extra Low Voltage Battery Charger with an output rating the same as indicated on the Fan’s rating label.
- Position the power supply lead properly so that they will not be walked on or pinched by items placed on or against them.
- Use the Fan and USB cable only for its intended use. The Fan and USB cable is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
- Inspect the USB cable and Fan for damage prior to every use.
- Do not use the Fan if it has been dropped or any part of the Fan and/or the USB cable has been damaged.
- If the USB cable is damaged, call our customer service for a replacement.
- The use of accessories not intended for use with this the Fan may cause injuries to the user or damage to the Fan and/or the USB cable.
- Do not sit the Fan on other appliances, on uneven surfaces or where it could be subject to heat sources (e.g. radiators or stoves), direct sunlight, excessive dust or mechanical vibrations. The Fan and/or USB cable must not be used outdoors if raining, near water, placed near a hot gas or electrical burner or placed in a heated oven.
- Do not place or leave near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus that produce heat.
- Do not operate or charge the Fan underneath or near flammable or combustible materials (e.g. curtains).
- Always switch off and unplug the charger when finished charging the fan, or during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Do not cover the fan or charger when charging.
- Turn off and unplug before cleaning or storing.
- Any type of servicing, apart from ordinary cleaning, must be carried out by a qualified electrical person only. There are no user serviceable parts in this Fan and USB cable.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- If this Fan and USB cable is used by a third party, please supply the instruction manual with it.
- Do not misuse the USB cable. Never carry the Fan by the USB cable or pull to disconnect it from the socket. Instead, grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter the grille openings as this may cause damage to the Fan and/or injury to the user.
- Do not leave the Fan running or charging unattended.
- Avoid contacting moving parts. Keep fingers, hair, clothing and other items away from the Fan grille during operation to prevent personal injury and/or damage to the Fan.
- Never poke anything through the fan grille.
- No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by non-compliance with these instructions or any other improper use or mishandling of the Fan and/or USB cable.
- This product has not been designed for any uses other than those specified in this manual.
- ONLY for domestic use. Industrial or commercial use invalidates the warranty.
WARNINGOnly use the USB Cable that was supplied with this Fan.
Consumers are cautioned against trying to replace the battery. Using and/or purchasing counterfeit and/or inferior quality batteries have the potential to cause fire, personal injury, and/or damage to property. These batteries are typically found on online-auction websites or from other retailers, and are known to pose a potential safety risk.
- Batteries may explode if disposed of in fire.
- The battery is not replaceable. Do Not open the fan.
- Do not use or store in temperatures above 40°C
At the end of the fan’s life, it must be disposed of correctly.Contact your local waste management authority for more information on Battery Recycling and disposal regulations in your area.
This symbol on the product or its packaging indicates:
Do not dispose of electrical appliances or batteries as unsorted municipal waste, use separate collection facilities. Contact your local council for information regarding the collection systems available. If electrical appliances are disposed of in landfills or dumps, hazardous substances can leak into the groundwater and get into the food chain, damaging your health and well-being. Please contact your local council or regional authority for more information on collection, reuse, and recycling programmes.
Read and Save These Instructions
3. Instructions for Use
3.1 Charging the Fan
Read the Safety Instruction first.
IMPORTANT: This Fan contains a built-in lithium ion battery which must only be charged using the supplied USB cable.
Always switch off and unplug the USB cable when charging is completed or when not in use.
If any abnormality occurs during charging, (such as a burning smell or excessive heat or even a strange sound) immediately turn off the charger and disconnect the USB cable, then contact our service department for assistance.
- The Fan must be fully charged prior to first use.
- Take the USB Cable and fully unravel before using to charge the Fan.
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the socket located in the side of the Handle.
- Plug the large end of the USB cable into your 5Vd.c. charger, then switch on the charger.
- During charging, the lights on the front of the fan handle will illuminate as follows:
3.2 On / Off
To Turn the fan on, press the On / Off button located on the front top of the handle.
To turn Off, Press the On / Off Button again.
3.3 Speed Control
Each press of the On / Off button will increase the speed of the fan as follows:Note: The default speed setting when first switched on is “Low” Speed.
3.4 Desk Stand
During Charging or whilst using at your desk, you can place the fan into the stand for handsfree operation.
3.5 Battery Level Indication
During use, the indicator lights just above the On/Off Switch will illuminate and indicate the battery charge state.
The light sequence displayed indicates the following:
4. Care and Cleaning
NOTE: Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Ensure that the fan is switched off and unplugged from the charger.
- The Front and Rear grille can be cleaned with the aid of a vacuum cleaner and small brush.
- Never stick anything inside the fan grille. Only clean the outside.
- Clean the motor housing and body assembly with a clean, damp cloth and wipe dry.
- Never spray with liquids or submerge the Fan or USB cable in water or any other liquid.
- Do not use flammable liquids, chemicals, abrasive creams, steel wool or scouring pads for cleaning.
- Switch off and unplug the fan.
- Coil the USB cable loosely. Do not kink or pull the cable tight.
- Store your fan in a cool, dry location
6. Warranty Against Defect
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
IMPORTANT!For all technical queries or difficulties in operating the product and for spare parts, contact H.E. Group customer service 1300 105 888 (Australia) and 09 8870 447 (New Zealand).