anko Kmart T3206FE Sandwich Press User Manual
- Please read these instructions before operating and retain for future reference.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrical person in order to avoid a hazard.
- The bread may burn, therefore do not use the toaster near or below combustible material, such as curtains.
- The appliances are not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- Regarding the instructions for cleaning surfaces in contact with food, thanks to refer to the section “Care and Cleaning”.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as
- staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- bed and breakfast type environments.
- To protect against electrical hazard do not immerse any part of the appliance or cord in water or any other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when the appliance is used near children.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when in use.
- Always use the appliance on a dry, level surface.
- Do not use this appliance outdoors.
- Always unplug from the plug socket when not in use and before cleaning.
- Do not operate the appliance if damaged, after an appliance malfunctions or it has been damaged in any manner. For electrical safety, any repairs to the appliance must be carried out a by a qualified electrical person only.
- In the interest of safety, regular periodic close checks should be carried out on the supply cord to ensure no damage is evident. Should there be any signs that the cord is damaged in the slightest degree, do not use the toaster.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of a table or counter or touch hot surfaces. Allow the unit to cool before wrapping the cord around base for storage.
- Care must be taken not to touch any hot surfaces. Do not store or cover the appliance until it has fully cooled down.
- Do not place this appliance on or near a hot gas or electric burner, in or where it could touch a heated oven, or a microwave oven.
- Do not use harsh abrasives, caustic cleaners or oven cleaners when cleaning this appliance.
- When using this appliance, allow adequate air space above and on all sides for air circulation. Do not allow this appliance to touch curtains, wall coverings, clothing, dishtowels or other flammable materials during use.CAUTION is required on when placing the toaster on surfaces where heat may cause a problem. Placing the toaster on an insulated heat pad is recommended.
- Do not use the toaster without the crumb tray in place. The crumb tray should be cleaned regularly. Do not allow crumbs to build up in the tray.
- IMPORATANT! To prevent fire, do not use this appliance with any foodstuff product containing sugar content or with products containing jam or preserves.
- The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating.
WARNING!Never attempt to extract jammed toast, muffins, bagels or any other item with a knife or any other object, as contact with live elements may cause an electric shock. Allow the appliance to cool down, unplug and carefully remove the bread.
- Variable width toasting slots
- Carriage control lever
- Reheat button
- Cancel button
- Electronic variable browning control.
- Defrost button
- Pull out crumb tray
CAUTION: The bread may burn, therefore do not use the toaster near or below combustible material, such as curtains.
IMPORTANT! To prevent fire, do not use this appliance with any foodstuff product containing sugar content or with products containing jam or preserves
OPERATING THE TOASTER
- Insert the plug into a suitable mains supply socket.
- Place up to two slices of bread, muffins, or bagels into bread slots.
- Select the desired browning setting, from No.1 to No.6 on the browning control knob. (No.1-lightest, No.6-darkest). When using the toaster for the first time we suggest you toast on number 3. Varying types of bread and personal preference may require a different browning setting.HIGH LIFT FUNTION:TO REMOVE SMALLER ITEMS SUCH AS CRUMPETS AND MUFFINS, LIFT THE CARRIAGE CONTROL LEVER APPROXMATELY 20MM ABOVE THE STARTING POSITION.
- Press the carriage control lever down until it clicks into place. Toasting cycle will automatically commence. Please note: if the toaster is not connected to mains power and switched ON at the power point the carriage control lever will not ‘click’ into place.
- The toaster turns OFF when the desired toast colour is achieved and automatically raise the toast. The toasting process can be stopped at any time by pressing on the Cancel button.
TOASTING FROZEN BREAD:To toast frozen bread, place the bread into the bread slots and select the desired browning setting. Press the carriage control lever down until it ‘clicks’ into place then press the Defrost button.
REHEATING TOAST:The toaster allows you to reheat toast without additional toasting. To reheat, place toast into bread slots, lower the carriage control lever until it ‘clicks’ into place and press the Reheat button.
In the unlikely event that the bread or crumpet becomes jammed, switch the toaster OFF at the mains power outlet, remove the plug from the supply socket and carefully ease the bread out of the toaster, ensuring that you do not damage the heating element.
CARE AND CLEANING
- Always turn the power OFF, remove the supply cord plug and allow the toaster to cool down before cleaning.
- To remove any crumbs from the toaster, slide out the crumb tray from under the toaster, empty and replace in the toaster before using it again.
- Wipe the outside of the toaster with a slightly dampened cloth and polish with a soft dry cloth.
- Do not immerse the unit in water or other liquids.
- To clean the interior, turn the toaster upside down over the sink and shake to remove any breadcrumbs.
WARNING! Fire hazard. The crumb tray should be cleaned regularly. Do not allow breadcrumbs to accumulate in the bottom of the toaster
Voltage: 220-240V~ 50-60HzPower: 1300-1550W
12 MONTH WARRANTY
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation