anko KP398 Bluetooth Portable speaker with Wireless Charging User Manual
Caring for your Speaker
Important Safety Information
Important – Please read these instructions fully before installing or operating your speaker.
Keep away from flame sources such as lighted candles.
Do not expose to dripping or splashed fluids. Objects filled with liquids, such as vases, should not be placed close to the speaker.
The unit should not be exposed to direct sunlight, very high or low temperature, moisture, vibrations, strong magnetic fields, high frequencies and dusty environments.
Do not place the unit in enclosed bookcases or racks without proper ventilation. Ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings with items, such as newspapers, table-cloths, curtains, etc.
This product contains a built-in Li-ion battery. It must be used and charged properly. Improper use can cause the battery to catch fire or explode resulting in serious or fatal injury
Never attempt to insert wires, pins or other such objects into the vents or openings of the unit.
Do not disassemble or modify the speaker, there are no user serviceable parts.If the speaker is damaged in anyway or malfunctions do not use. Consult a qualified service engineer.
Do not use abrasives, benzene, thinner or other solvents to clean the surface of the unit. To clean, wipe with clean soft cloth and a mild detergent solution.
This product contains a Li-ion battery and should be disposed of appropriately. Do not dispose of it with household waste at the end of its life cycle; hand it over to a collection center for the recycling of electrical and electronic appliances with batteries. Please check with your Local Authority for recycling advice.
- a. Battery cannot be subjected to high or low extreme temperatures, low air pressure at high altitude during use, storage or transportation.
- b. Replacement of a battery with an incorrect type that can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
- c. Disposal of a battery into fire or a hot oven, or mechanically crushing or cutting of a battery, that can result in an explosion.
- d. Leaving a battery in an extremely high temperature surrounding environment that can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
- e. A battery subjected to extremely low air pressure that may result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
Box Contents1x Wireless charging speaker, 1x 1m Micro USB charging cable
Getting to know your speaker/charger
Before you get started please read the safety information on pages 2-3.
Top – Control Panel
- Power On/Off
- – Reduce volume/ Previous track
- + Increase volume/ Next trackFeatures
- Phone stand
- Wireless charging LED
- Power/Mode LED
- Centre of wireless charging areaConnections
- 3.5mm AUX IN socket
- DC Micro USB power socket
Charging your wireless charging speaker
Your speaker has a built-in non user-replaceable Lithium battery. For best results, the first time you use the speaker, let it charge for 4-5 hours until fully charged.
- Connect the micro USB cable supplied to the speaker’s Micro USB socket (10) and to a powered USB port on a USB charger or computer.
- The Power/Mode LED (7) will be lit a constant Green while the battery is charging and will also flash Blue and Red while in Bluetooth pairing mode. The Green LED will switch off when the battery is charged or the charging cable is disconnected.
- For mobile use disconnect the USB cable when the battery is fully charged, for wireless charging leave connected.
Bluetooth connecting & disconnecting
- Long press the (1) power button to switch on your speaker. You will hear a “power on” message and the left hand LED (6) will flash Green once. You will next hear “Bluetooth mode” and then “pairing” messages, the Power/ Mode LED (7) will start flashing Blue and red.
- Place the device you want to pair with your speaker within 1m of it, enter your device’s Bluetooth menu and select “43067312” in the device list. When your speaker and device are paired, the Power/Mode LED (7) will stop fast flashing and you will hear the message “connected” and the Power/Mode LED (7) will now flash Blue twice at 5 second intervals.
Once paired with a device the speaker will reconnect automatically when switched on if the paired device is within range.
Bluetooth play operation
- Short press +/- (4/3) to increase or reduce the volume level.
- Long press + (4) to play the next track or long press – (3) to select the previous track.
- Press (2) to play or pause the track.
During Bluetooth playback the Bluetooth LED (7) will be lit constantly Blue. Please Note: Your speaker will notify you if you receive a call while it is connected to your phone but does not have Handsfree capability. Please answer your phone normally when it is connected to the speaker.
If there is no Bluetooth audio input for 5 minutes your speaker’s speaker will automatically power off.
AUX IN connection and operation
For audio sources without Bluetooth capability you can connect via the 3.5mm AUX IN socket (9) on the back of the speaker.
- Use the 3.5mm audio lead supplied to connect an audio source to the AUX IN socket (9). On connection you will hear an audio message, “AUX mode” and the Power/Mode LED (7) will be lit a constant Red.
- Select and play tracks using the controls on your audio source.
- Short press +/- (4/3) to increase or reduce the volume level. Press (2) to mute the sound (the track will continue to play). When the aux lead is disconnected the speaker will revert to Bluetooth mode.
If you have a phone with wireless charging capability you can use your speaker to charge it. Thanks to the smart positioning of the charging pad it is easy to watch movies etc. while charging.
- Place your smartphone centrally on the phone stand (5) as shown opposite.
- The battery charge status can be seen on the display of your phone and the wireless charging LED (6) will be lit a constant Green during wireless charging and switch off when charging is complete.
- You can still charge your phone when the speaker is switched off, as long as the speaker battery is charged or there is a USB power connection.
- During wireless charging (with the USB cable connected) , the input power can only support wireless charging and cannot charge the speaker battery at the same time. Battery charge level will drop if the speaker is used during wireless charging. If the speaker battery level is low you will need to stop wireless charging and give the speaker battery time to recharge.
- If the USB cable is unplugged during wireless charging, wireless charging will stop for 8 seconds while the electric circuit switches from using mains to using the built-in battery.
If problems occur when charging or if charging does not start
- Remove your smartphone from its case if the thickness of the case exceeds 5mm or if it has a metal composition.
- The optimum charging position for phones with wireless charging function can vary by brand/model some phones may need to be placed slightly off center.
- The charging time varies depending on the charging capacity of the battery and its current residual capacity.
- The components may heat up during the charging process. They will slowly cool down again after the charging process.
Power Input: 5V=2ALithium Battery Output: 4,000mAh
Speaker Output: 2 x 5WWireless Charging Output: 5WMusic Playback: Up to 13hrs
12 months warrantyThank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.