Cordless Water KettleWK8315AAEEKUSER MANUAL
PLEASE READ AND SAVE THESEINSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- Please read these instructions carefully before using the water kettle for the first time.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- For electrical safety, if the supply cord is damaged do not use the kettle. Have the supply cord replaced by a qualified electrical person only or the kettle must be disposed
- If the kettle is overfilled, boiling water may be ejected.
- Kettle is only to be used with the stand provided. ·This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:– staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments,– farmhouses,– by clients in hotels, motels, and other residential type environments,– bed and breakfast type environments.
- The outside surface on the kettle is subject to residual heat after use.
- Use the kettle in accordance with the instruction manual supplied, any misuse may cause an electric shock or other hazards.
- This appliance is not intended for heating liquids other than water.
- Do not operate the kettle if damaged, after an appliance malfunctions or it has been damaged in any anner. For electrical safety any repairs to the product must be carried out by a qualified electrical person only.
- Before connecting the kettle to mains power, make sure that the voltage indicated on the rating plate, located on the bottom of the water kettle matches the mains voltage in your home. If it does not, contact Kmart and do not use the kettle.
- The kettle will switch OFF automatically when the water has boiled. If you want to stop the heating process before the kettle automatically switches OFF, press the ON/OFF button.
- After the kettle has switched OFF automatically (or has been switched OFF manually) it may need time to cool down. After 15-20 seconds, the kettle can be switched ON again.
- Always fill the kettle with water before switching it ON.
- The kettle is designed to disconnect the live electrical supply from the heating element under abnormal operating conditions.
- If the water kettle is accidentally switched ON without water, the boil dry protector will activate disconnecting power to the heating element and the power indicator will go out. Allow 15 minutes to cool before refilling the kettle with cold water. The safety cutout will automatically reset during this time.
- Place the kettle on a stable flat surface.
- CAUTION: Do not operate the kettle on an inclined plane.
- Do not move the kettle while the kettle is switched ON.
- Do not operate the kettle unless the element is fully immersed.
- Do not use this appliance outdoors.
- Ensure that the kettle is switched OFF before removing it from the base.
- Never immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid. Do not allow liquid to penetrate the electrical parts of this kettle.
- Ensure that the mains power cord does not overhang on the worktop surface to prevent children from pulling on the mains cord or accidentally knocking the kettle over.
- The outside surface of the kettle may get hot during and immediately after use, please take care when using the kettle.
- Never fill with water above the maximum water level mark on the water gauge.
- Never use the kettle with the lid open.
- Do not open the lid when steam is coming out of the spout.
- Before cleaning the kettle disconnect from the power supply and wait until the kettle hascompletely cooled down.WARNING! To avoid spillage on the connector.WARNING! Potential injury from misuse.IMPORTANT! To prevent damage to the kettle, do not use alkaline cleaning agents when cleaning，use a soft cloth and a mild detergent.
- Lid button
- Handle cover
- Water gauge
- Power base
- Metal body
- Temperature selection button
- ON/OFF button
- Keep warm button
Before first use
Before first use, it is recommended to operate the kettle for 2 or 3 times following the instructions below. This will remove any dust or residues remaining from the manufacturing process.
Button FeaturesON/OFF – To activate the boiling function / to switch the appliance off in the boiling process or keep-warm process.
Keep warm – To activate the keep-warm function.TEMP ℃ – To set the boiling / keeping warm temperature.Boiling water➢ Remove the kettle from the base before filling with water.➢ Open the lid by pressing the lid button and fill the kettle with as much fresh, cold water as you desire, then press the lid down until it ‘clicks’ into place. The water capacity must between the Max and Min level shown on the kettle.➢ Plug the power base into mains power. All the LEDs will go out after flashing 3 times. The kettle will enter “stand by “mode.
· Boiling temperature setting: Under the “stand by” state, press “TEMP ℃” button to set the boiling temperature (The default boiling temperature is 100℃). Each time the “TEMP ℃” button is pressed, the temperature is set from ” 100℃ → 90℃ → 85℃→75℃→ 100℃….”. Press ON/ OFF button to start boiling the water or the kettle will go back to “stand by” state within 5 seconds.
· Working mode➢ Press ON/OFF button，and then press “TEMP ℃” button to set boiling temperature.➢ If no other function is selected for 5 seconds, the kettle will start to work.➢ When the water reaches selected temperature, the kettle enters “stand by” mode and all LEDs will turn off.
Keep warm mode
· Set the keep warm temperature➢ Press keep warm button under “stand by” mode, and then press “TEMP ℃” button to set the keep warm temperature. The maximum temperature of “keep warm” will not be greater than the boiling temperature.➢ If no other function is selected for 5 seconds, the kettle will start to keep warm. The keep warm time is 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, all LEDs light will turn OFF and the kettle will enter “stand by” mode.
Note: Keep warm temperature cannot be set at 100℃.
Keep warm setting under working state➢ Press keep warm button, and then press the “TEMP ℃” button to set keep warm temperature.➢ If no other function is selected for 5 seconds, the kettle will start to work.➢ When the water reaches the selected temperature, the kettle will maintain the set temperature. Keep warm setting under keeping warm state➢ Press “TEMP ℃” button to set keep warm temperature.➢ If no other function is selected for 5 seconds, it will start to keep warm.Note: If the current water temperature is higher or lower than the set temperature or when the water emperature falls below the set temperature or boils to the set temperature, the kettle will start to keep warm. The keep-warm time is 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, all LEDs light will turn OFF and the kettle will enter stand by” mode.
Whether the appliance is in working mode or keep warm mode, all the LEDs will go out and enter standby mode once ON/OFF button is pressed.
If the kettle is removed under any state, all LEDs will go out and the kettle will enter “stand by “mode and all buttons are OFF, and pressing any button will have no effect. The kettle will remain on “stand by“ mode even if the kettle is placed back onto the power base.
After boiling water Disconnect the plug from the wall socket when the water has reached the set temperature. Take the kettle from the base and pour the water from the spout. Only hold it by the handle. Do not open thelid because the hot water could splash out.
- First read the instructions in the section titled “IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS”.
- Always disconnect the kettle from the electrical power outlet before cleaning.
- Before cleaning, make sure the kettle has cooled down completely.
- Empty the kettle, clean the exterior surface of the kettle with a clean, damp cloth to preserve its original highly polished finish. Dry and polish with a soft cloth.
- Do not use abrasive cleansers or scouring agents of any kind inside or on the exterior of the kettle.
- Only use the dry cloth to wipe the base of the kettle.
- Avoid wetting the buttons and other electrical parts.
- Do not immerse the kettle or power base in water or other liquid, and make sure the electrical socket on the kettle is kept completely dry.
- To clean the filter, empty the kettle and allow to cool, open the lid, lift out the filter, rinse the filter under warm water and brush off any impurities.
- Refitting is the reverse of removal.
- Half fill the kettle with tap water and add the juice of 1 lemon to the water.
- Boil this mixture and allow it to stand for 15 minutes. Re-boil the mixture and allow it to stand a further 15 minutes. Re-boil this mixture a third time, then rinse the kettle well.The kettle must be descaled at regular intervals, especially if the heating plate inside the kettle is visibly encrusted with limescale. Regular descaling saves energy and increases the service life of the kettle. Alternatively, you may use a commercially available kettle cleaning solution to descale the kettle. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions supplied with the cleaning solution.
- If you don’t use the kettle for a long time, please store it carefully.
- Make sure the appliance is unplugged and completely dry.
- Store the appliance in a cool, dry place.
- Make sure the appliance is kept out of the reach of children.
Voltage: 220-240V~ 50-60HzPower: 1850-2200W
12 MONTH WARRANTY
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.