ANOVA PRECISION COOKER PROTHE NEXT LEVEL OF PRECISIONQUICK START GUIDE
At Anova, our mission has always been to create products that empower people to Cook Like A Pro. Over the past decade, we have listened to our community to learn what our members would want in their ultimate sous vide device. Anova Precision Cooker Pro is that product – our most accurate and powerful sous vide device yet, created to help you take precision cooking to the next level. In this manual, you will find everything you need to get started with your Anova Precision Cooker Pro. As always, if you need any additional service, our customer support team is ready to help.
- ADJUST the height of the clamp by loosening and tightening the side screw
- ATTACH the device to a pot or other heat-safe container with the rear screw
- FILL your container with water between the minimum and maximum line on the metal skirt
- PLUG IN in your Pro and place your sealed food in the water bath when you are ready to cook 4
ADJUSTING THE CLAMP
Tighten the screws with finger pressure only, so the clamp feels snug around the device and your container. Do not over-tighten the side or rear screws.
HEAT SAFETYKeep your pot or container away from counter edges and place it on a heat-safe flat surface, such as a butcher block or trivet to protect countertops.
PREVIOUSLY CONNECTED USERSIf you already use an Anova Precision Cooker and would like to connect your Pro, first open the Anova Culinary App, go to Settings, and disconnect your previous Precision Cooker.
CONNECT TO WI-FI
- DOWNLOAD the Anova Culinary App on your smartphone or tablet
- CONNECT to your preferred Wi-Fi network and turn your device’s Bluetooth on
- OPEN the app and follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your Anova Pro
System Requirements:iOS 9.0+, iPhone 5s or later, or Android 4.4 Kitkat or later
LED INDICATOR MODESThe light on the front of the device indicates the status of the cooker with different colors:White: idlePulsing Blue: preheatingSolid Blue: cookingRed: low water or error
WI-FI CONNECTIONThe Wi-Fi icon will appear lit when Anova Pro is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
CHANGE UNITS OF TEMPERATUREToggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius by pressing and holding the Current Temperature button for 3 seconds.
COOK WITH PRO
USING THE TOUCH SCREEN INTERFACE
- Set or change the desired temperature by pressing the Target Temperature button followed by the +/- buttons
- Set or change cooking time by pressing the Timer button followed by the +/- buttons
- Press the Start button to begin cooking. Cooking can begin with or without setting a Timer
USING THE MOBILE APP
- Choose an existing guide, recipe, or one of your own saved recipes within the Anova Culinary App
- Press Start on the app recipe to begin cooking
THE PERFECT FINISH
Cooking the perfect protein often involves getting a beautiful golden char from searing. For the best sear, we recommend removing your protein from the sous vide bath and sealed bag and allowing it to rest for a few minutes. Remove all surface moisture by dabbing with a paper towel. Y
ou can sear with a barbecue grill, propane torch, or our favorite – a simple cast iron pan.Make sure your cast iron pan is arriving at very high heat over a cooktop or flame, with a drizzle of oil with a high smoke point, such as avocado or virgin olive oil. Sear each side of the protein for 30 seconds. For even more savory flavor, you can baste the protein by spooning melted butter and herbs over the protein during the sear.
POWER + FLOW RATE
Anova Pro is powerful enough to cook in containers up to 60 Liters (15 Gallons) in volume. This is achieved with a 1200 Watt heater combined with a high-speed impeller and flow rate delivering 12 Liters per minute.With this caliber of power and precision, you’ll be amazed at what Pro can do. Whether cooking eggs in a shallow saucepan or serving a steak dinner for 20, you can be confident that anything you cook will be temperature controlled with perfect accuracy.
We love to feature mouth-watering, perfectly cooked sous vide dishes from our community.Join our Anova Food Nerd family by tagging your Anova Pro food photos with #anovafoodnerd and following us @anovaculinary, and start showing the world what you can make with Pro.
Build-up due to mineral deposits from tap water is normal. It can be white, brown, black, or green depending on your plumbing and water source. Dilute equal parts water and white vinegar (5-7% acetic acid) in a small pot and attach your cooker. Set the temperature to 140º F (60º C) and press start. Allow the cooker to reach temperature, then turn it off allow the cooker to dry completely.
CLEANING INTERNAL COMPONENTS
Remove the clamp by loosening the side knob and sliding the clampdown. Remove the skirt by grasping the stainless steel skirt, and gently twisting it clockwise to unlock it from the upper body. Then carefully pull the skirt downward off the device.Wash the skirt with mild dish soap or place it in the dishwasher. Use a toothbrush with mild dish soap to gently scrub the now exposed metal and plastic components. When cleaning the unit, do not bend or displace any of the exposed components. Rinse with a damp cloth.Reassemble by sliding the stainless steel skirt over the exposed components, aligning the dots on the skirt with the grooves in the upper housing. Gently twist the skirt counter-clockwise to lock it in place.
CLEANING THE DISPLAY
Gently wipe the display with a damp microfiber cloth. Dry gently with a dry microfiber cloth. for more information, visit anovaculinary.com/procare
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT ANOVACULINARY.COM/PROCARE
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug.
- If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, do not attempt to use the device again. Contact Anova Support at com for assistance.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Unplug the electrical cord when not in use and before servicing.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not pull or carry by cord or use cord as a handle.
- Do not use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current carrying capacity.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce water flow.
- Do not use appliance inflammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline, or use in areas where they may be present.
- Store your appliance indoors in a cool, dry area.
ALWAYS EXERCISE BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHEN OPERATING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Read all instructions. Including the instructions you’re reading now.
- Do not touch hot surfaces.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plugs, or the device’s electrical components in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow device to cool before assembling or disassembling.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug. Do not operate the appliance if it has malfunctioned or been damaged in any manner. Contact Anova Support at com for assistance.
- The use of accessory attachments is not recommended by the appliance manufacturer and may cause injuries.
- Do not let cord hang over the edge of the table or counter. Do not let the cord come in contact with hot surfaces.
- Do not place the device on or near hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Use extreme caution when moving an appliance containing hot liquids.
- Do not unplug while device is running.
- Do not use appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- Do not open bottom enclosure while device is plugged in or operating as there are heating elements and moving parts.
- Do not use directly on a granite or marble surface. Always place an insulating surface between the hot pot and granite or marble surface.
WARRANTY + TRADEMARKS
LIMITED WARRANTYFull details available at anovaculinary.com/warranty
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks is under license. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.Precision™ is a trademark of Anova Applied Electronics, Inc. ©2018 Anova Applied Electronics, Inc. San Francisco, CA, US | Stockholm, SE. All Rights Reserved.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules / Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.