AT T USB800 MiFi USB LTE Modem
Your New Device
Let’s Get Started
1. Plug the AT&T Global Modem USB800 into aUSB port on the computer.2. The operating system will detect thedevice and install the necessary drivers.3. Once installation is complete, the devicewill automatically connect to the network.Connection is complete when theindicator light is solid green.
Note: Compatible with the following:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 and higher
- Mac OS 10.5 and higher
- Linux OS
Installation may vary depending on your operating system.
Manage the Device on the Web
Launch a browser and in the address bar enter http://att.manager/ or http://192.168.1.1. You will see this screen:
- Internet Status: Manage the network connection.
- Diagnostics: View device status and diagnostics for troubleshooting
- Settings: Manage advanced settings.
- Device Info: View device hardware and Software details
- Customer Support: Contact information to connect with customer support team.
Status Indicator Light
|Green||Solid||Home network; Device ready; Network connection registered|
|Blinking||Device powering up; Searching for network; Data being transferred|
|Blinking||Roaming or data being transferred or software update in progress|
|Red||Solid||Failed state (no SIM , locked SIM, SIM error, PUK error) Network not available|
Replace the Nano-SIM Card
The device comes with a nano-SIM card preinstalled. Should you need to swap out the nano-SIM card, follow these instructions:
- Open the protective door by pressing on the cover with
- Remove the SIM card by pushing forward on the exposed edge
- Insert the new SIM Card with the gold contacts facing down.
- Push the SIM Card until the card remains securely in the slot.
- Replace the back cover and snap into place.Note: The SIM Card must remain in the wireless modem when in use.
Protect or Reset the Device
PIN Protect the SIM Card
1. Go to the management web site at http://att.manager/ and click Settings on the menu.
Reset the Device
You can reset the device to its original factory settings.Note: If you reset the device to factory settings, all of your customizations will be lost.
- Go to the management web site at http://att.manager/ and click Settings on the menu.
- Click Preferences > Restore Factory Defaults-OR-
- Remove the back cover from the device and locate the small pinhole labeled “Reset”
- Insert a small pointed object into the hole to press the key
The device can receive important messages from AT&T regarding your data plan or software updates. To review these, go to management web site at http://att.manager/ and click Messages on the menu.
The management web site will display a network indicator to reflect which AT&T wireless network you are connected to. Connected to the AT&T 4G LTE™ network Connected to the AT&T HSPA+ network
What else is in the box?
- AT&T Global Modem USB800
- Preinstalled Nano-SIM Card
- Quick Start Guide
Find More Information
Manage Your Account with my AT&T
- On the web: att.com/myATT
Compatible device and online account required. Data and messaging rates may apply for download and app usage
Need More Help?
- On the web: att.com/DeviceHowTo
Give us a Call
- 611 from any AT&T wireless phone
- 800.331.0500 or prepaid 800.901.9878