AURA Tablet User Manual
©2020. All rights are reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced without permission.While all efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of all the contents in this manual,we assume no liability for errors or omissions or statements of any kind in this manual, whether such errors or omissions or statements resulting from negligence, accidents, or any other cause. The contents of this manual are subjected to change without notice. Protect our environment! We strive to produce products in compliance with global environmental standards. Please consult your local authorities for proper disposal.Note: User Manual is just to guide the users about the functionality of the tablet. It is not a certificate of technology. Some functions may vary due to modifications and upgrade of software, or due to print mistake.
Key and Parts
Please read the safety instructions in the “Safety Information and Notices” section before use.
Inserting the SIM & SD card
- Using the SIM ejector Pin, gently pull out the SIM/ SD card tray from the slot
- Place SIM card and SD card on the respective slots
- Gently insert the tray with SIM and or SD card back into the Slot
Safety Information and Notices
For your safety
- Switch off the tablet in hospitals and aircraft. Obey any restrictions. Wireless devices can affect the medical treatment and cause interference in aircraft.
- Some medical devices such as hearing aids and pacemaker may be sensitive to external radio frequency emissions. Consult the device manufacturers or your doctor before using the tablet around the medical devices.
- Pay special attention to the ring tone volume and vibration settings if you have a heart problem.
- In areas with potentially explosive atmosphere, such as gas stations, fuel or chemical transfer or storage facilities, obey all signs and instructions.
- Your tablet will emit radio frequency even in the standby mode. Turn off your tablet when so instructed.
- Always obey all the local laws and regulations. Do not use your tablet while driving. Use Hands-free operation, if available, and give full attention to driving and to the road. Pull off the road before making or answering a call if you are driving.
- If your tablet is lost or stolen, notify your service provider immediately to stop the SIM card from being used.
- To prevent your tablet from misuse, lock your SIM card or tablet, and change passwords when necessary.
- When you leave your vehicle, take the tablet with you or place it in the glove compartment to avoid theft.
- Keep the tablet or charger out of reach of children.
Notes on tablet usage
- Your tablet will give off electromagnetic waves. Do not place it near storage medium such as floppy disk.
- Using the tablet near television, land tablet, radio and office automatic devices may cause interference and affect the function of the mobile tablet.
- Keep the tablet dry; all kinds of liquid can erode electronic circuit.
- Keep the tablet away from extreme temperatures.
- Keep the tablet away from fire or a lighted cigarette.
- Do not paint the tablet.
- Do not drop the tablet or violently crush or shake the tablet.
- Do not keep the tablet near magnets and other object with magnetism. The tablet’s magnetism may clear the information stored on floppy disk, pre-paid tablet card and credit card.
- Keep the tablet away from hot places where the temperature may exceed 60C, such as dashboard, windowsill, or areas exposed to direct sunlight.
- Do not disassemble or modify your tablet. This can damage the tablet, cause leakage and break the internal circuit.
- Use only damp cloth or non-static cloth to clean your tablet.
- Do not use alcohol, thinner, benzene or other chemicals or abrasive cleaner to clean your tablet.
- The tablet will become warm under normal use and while in battery charging.
- Do not leave the tablet with the battery empty for a long period of time. This may cause data loss.
- The metal parts of the tablet may irritate your skin depending on your health condition.
- Do not put the tablet in the back pocket. Sitting on it may damage the tablet. Do not put the tablet at the bottom of a bag. You may crush it.
- When the vibrate mode is on, place the tablet carefully to prevent it from being dropped from a height or being moved to a heat source due to the vibrating.
- Do not press the touch screen with needles, pen point or other sharp objects; it can damage the display and violate the terms and conditions of the warranty
Notes on battery usage
- Keep metal objects (such as coins or key rings) away from the battery to avoid short circuit.
- Do not remove the battery without turning off the tablet.
- Do not hold the battery in your mouth. The liquid of the battery can be toxic.
- Embedded battery shall be replaced by authorized dealers. Use only batteries approved by the tablet manufacturer; otherwise, it may cause explosion.
- Damage resulting from using un-authorized batteries and chargers will not be covered by the warranty.
- Avoid contact with any leaked liquid of the battery. If it touches your skin, wash your skin with fresh water and go to the hospital immediately
Certification Information (SAR)
- Your tablet is designed not to exceed the limits of emission of radio waves recommended by international guidelines. These guidelines include safety margins designed to assure the protection of all persons, regardless of age and health.
- SAR (specific absorption rate) is the unit of body-absorbed RF quantity when the tablet is in use. SAR value is ascertained according to the highest RF level generated during laboratory tests.
- The true SAR level during tablet usage will be far lower than this level.
- The SAR value of the tablet may change depending on factors such as how close you are to a network tower, use of accessories and other enhancements.
- The highest SAR value of the device is less than 1.6W/Kg averaged over 1 gm of human tissue.
- The SAR value may differ depending on national reporting, testing requirements and the network band.
- Use a wireless hands-free system (earphone) with a low power Bluetooth emitter.
- Please keep your calls short and use SMS whenever more convenient. This advice applies especially to children, adolescents and pregnant women.
- Prefer to use your cell tablet when the signal quality is good.
- Maintain a preferable distance of 15 mm from the device.
- Use tablet when the signal quality is good
- Use a wireless hands-free system (Earphone, headset) with a low power Bluetooth emitter
- Make sure the cell tablet has a low SAR
- Keep your calls short or send a text message (SMS) instead. This advice applies especially to children, adolescents and pregnant women.
E-waste Disposal Mechanism
E-waste’ means waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). In other words, Ewaste is a popular, informal name for electronic products nearing the end of their “useful life”. For more details about e-waste please refer e-waste rules, 2011 www.moef.nic.in
Do’s and Don’ts for disposal e-waste Do’s:
- Ensure that an Authorized Person repairs your Lava products
- Call Our Local Authorized Collection Centers to Dispose Lava products
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories thereof after the end of their life at nearest Authorized Collection Point or Collection Center.
- Separate the packaging material according to responsible waste disposal options and sorting for recycling.
- Always remove the battery from the product, when you do not intend to use the product anymore it in future.
- Do not Dismantle your Lava Product on your own
- Do not give your e-waste to Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose-off the e-waste in landfills
- Never dump E-waste in garbage bins.
- Do not dispose of your product at municipal waste bins or rooms.
- Do not throw used batteries into household waste.
Consequences of improper handling and disposal of E-Waste
- Improper disposal of waste prevents natural resources from being re-used.
- Some waste contains hazardous chemicals and if not disposed of properly may release toxins into the soil and water, and also releases greenhouse gases into the environment
- If e-waste is not properly disposed of, it can be a threat to health and well-being of humans and animals and it also has adverse effect on the environment.
- Placing of batteries or devices on or in heating devices, such as microwave, ovens, stoves, or radiators and improper disposal of batteries may lead to explosion.
- If the battery terminals are in contact with metal objects, it may cause a fire.
For more details on how to dispose of your Lava products at the end of life, please refer the list of our Services Centers on Pan basis on our website www. lavamobiles.com
Google is a trademark of Google LLC.
LAVA support and contact information
LAVA support and contact InformationVisit: http://www.lavamobiles.com for additional information downloads and services related to your LAVA product.To check for the nearest LAVA service center location for maintenance services, please visit: http://www.lavamobiles.com/supportService Center number1860-500-5001(Available from Monday to Saturday, between 10:00AM to 6:00PM)For any service related enquiries please contact us at: [email protected]
LAVA WARRANTY CERITIFICATE
LAVA international Ltd. (LAVA) provides limited warranty for your mobile tablet and original accessories delivered with your mobile tablet (hereinafter referred to as “product”)The warranty period for the transceiver is one (1) years and for battery, data cable, charger and headset is six (6) months from the date of purchase.
Subject to the conditions of this Limited Warranty, LAVA warrants a product to be free from defects in design, material and workmanship at the time of its original purchase by you, and for a subsequent period of one (1) years for transceiver and six (6) months for battery, data cable, charger and headset.You shall have no coverage or benefits under this warranty in the event that any of the following conditions are applicable:
- The product has been subjected to abnormal use or conditions, improper storage, exposure to excessive moisture or dampness, exposure to excessive temperature, unauthorized modification, unauthorized repair (including but not limited to use of unauthorized spare parts in repairs),abuse, accidents, Acts of God, spills of food or liquids, improper installation
- You have not notified Lava of the defect in the product during the applicable warranty period.
- The product serial no. code or the accessories date code has been removed, defaced or altered.
- The product has been used with or connected to an accessory (i) Not supplied by Lava or its affiliates, (ii) Not fit for use with the product or (iii) Used otherwise than in manner intended.
- The seals of the product’s battery enclosure have been broken or shown evidence of tempering or the product’s battery has been used in equipment other than that for which it has been specified usable by LAVA.
- All plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed part that is scratched or damaged due to normal use.
- To get maximum of your new product, we recommend you to:
- Read the guidelines for safe and efficient use as mentioned in the manual.
- Read the terms and conditions of your Lava warranty in the manual.
- Keep your original receipt; you will need it for warranty services if asked to produce.
- In case Lava product needs service, please visit the nearest Lava service centers given in the service guide. Please visit our Website www.lavamobiles.com for updated list of Authorized Service Centers near to your location.
- Important note: for your warranty to be valid, all information on the warranty certificate has to be completed including the stamp from the authorized distributor/retailer.
- All warranty information, product features and specifications are subject to change without notice.