Bissell 3624 Series Professional Spot Clean
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR DEEP CLEANER. When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- Always connect to a properly grounded outlet.
- See Grounding Instructions.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance or troubleshooting.
- Do not leave machine when it is plugged in.
- Do not service machine when it is plugged in.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug.
- If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, have it repaired at an authorized Service Center.
- Do not expose to rain, store indoors.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close door on cord, pull cord around sharp corners or edges, run appliance over cord, or expose cord to heated surfaces.
- Unplug by grasping the plug, not the cord.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into appliance openings, use with blocked opening, or restrict air flow.
- Do not expose hair, loose clothing, fingers or body parts to openings or moving parts.
- Do not pick up hot or burning objects.
- Do not pick up flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in the presence of explosive liquids or vapor.
- Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapors given off by oil base paint, paint thinner, some moth proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, gasoline, etc.)
- Do not modify the 3-prong grounded plug.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy.
- Do not use for any purpose other than described in this User’s Guide.
- Do not unplug by pulling on the cord.
- Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Use only cleaning products formulated by BISSELL for use in this appliance to prevent internal component damage. See the cleaning fluid section of this guide.
- Keep openings free of dust, lint, hair, etc.
- Do not point attachment nozzle at people or animals
- Keep appliance on a level surface.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Unplug before attaching the TurboBrush®.
- Be extra careful when cleaning stairs.
- Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE
WARNING: Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electrical shock. Check with a qualiﬁ ed electrician or service person if you aren’t sure if the outlet is properly grounded. DO NOT MODIFY THE PLUG. If it will not ﬁ t the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualiﬁed electrician. This appliance is designed for use on a nominal 120-volt circuit, and has a grounding attachment plug that looks like the plug in the illustration. Make certain that the appliance is connected to an outlet having the same conﬁguration as the plug. No plug adapter should be used with this appliance.
This appliance must be connected to a grounded wiring system. If it should malfunction or break down, grounding provides a safe path of least resistance for electrical current, reducing the risk of electrical shock. The cord for this appliance has an equipment-grounding conductor and a grounding plug. It must only be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
Thanks for buying a BISSELL deep cleaner
We’re glad you purchased a BISSELL deep cleaner. Everything we know about floor care went into the design and construction of this complete, high-tech home cleaning system.Your BISSELL deep cleaner is well made, and we back it with a limited five year warranty. We also stand behind it with a knowledgeable, dedicated Consumer Care department, so, should you ever have a problem, you’ll receive fast, considerate assistance.My great-grandfather invented the floor sweeper in 1876. Today, BISSELL is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and serviceof high quality homecare products like your BISSELL deep cleaner.Thanks again, from all of us at BISSELL.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of ﬁ re and electric shock due to internal component damage, use only BISSELL cleaning ﬂuids intended for use with the deep cleaner.
WARNING: Do not plug in your cleaner until you have completely assembled it per the above instructions and are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures..
Keep plenty of genuine BISSELL 2X formula on hand so you can clean and protect whenever it fits your schedule. Always use genuine BISSELL deep cleaning formulas. Non-BISSELL cleaning solutions may harm the machine and will void the warranty.Scotchgard is a trademark of 3M
Before you clean
- Vacuum area with a dry vacuum cleaner thoroughly before deep cleaning.
- Pretreating (optional):2a. Pretreating is recommended to improve cleaning effectiveness for heavily soiled carpet in high traffic areas such as entryway and hallways.2b. BISSELL Tough Stain PretreatSpray the BISSELL Tough Stain Pretreat formula onto heavy traffic areas, soiled areas or stains.Allow to penetrate for at least 3 minutes. Clean as normal, following the instructions below.
Preparing the machine
- Release flex hose by twisting the hose secure latch clockwise. Unwrap flex hose completely.
- Attach the desired tool to the hose grip until it snaps together. Make certain the tool is securely attached.
- Twist the Quick Release™ cord wrap clockwise to unwrap the power cord completely and plug into grounded outlet.
Filling formula & water tank
- Remove tank from the back of the machine by lifting up tank carry handle.NOTE: This tank was designed with a flat bottom so it can be easily filled.
- Unscrew the black cap and remove bottle insert.
- Fill tank with hot tap water to the water fill line. Add two ounces of BISSELL 2X formula to the tank.
- Replace the bottle insert in the tank and tighten the black cap. Replace the tank on the portable machine.
Cleaning with Tools
Important! If using to clean upholstery, check upholstery tags. Check manufacturer’s tag before cleaning. “W” or “WS” on the tag means you can use your Spot Clean Pro if the tag is coded with an “X” or an “S”(witha diagonal stripe through it), or says “Dry Clean Only”, do not proceed with any deep cleaning machine. Do not use on velvet or silk. If manufacturer’s tag is missing or not coded, check with your furniture dealer.”)
1. Hold the tool approximately 1” above the soiled surface. Press the spray trigger to apply the cleaning solution to the soiled area.Note: Hold end of hose below the tank water level to help prime the portable spot cleaner.2. Using the brush on the tool, gently scrub the area to be cleaned.3. Apply downward pressure on the tool and pull it toward you. The suction will remove the dirt and cleaning solution. Continue until no more dirt can be removed.
Check for colorfastness in an inconspicuous place. If possible, check upholstery stuffing. Colored stuffing may bleed through fabric
Cleaning with Deep ReachTM Tools (Select Models)
- Set tool on soiled surfaces and press the trigger to spray solution onto the soiled area to be cleaned.
- Slowly move the tool back and forth over the soiled surface, keeping the tool in contact with the carpet.
- Release trigger and move tool slowly over the soiled area to suction up water and dirt.
- Continue to clean the area, working in small sections, until no more dirt can be removed.
Empty dirty tank
- When the dirty tank reaches the “FULL” line on the tank it is time to empty.
- Remove dirty tank and carry to a utility sink, toilet or outside (where you will dispose of the dirty water).
- To unlock the dirty tank lid, rotate handle over the back of the tank. Remove lid and pour out dirty water. Rinse out dirty tank to remove any debris.
- Replace top of tank, and rotate the handle forward to lock in place on front of tank.
- Before replacing tank on machine, wipe debris from red filter
- Remove and rinse the tools in clean, running water. Dry and replace in the tool storage provided.
- It is recommended that you suction clean water from a bowl to rinse out the hose. Then lift end of hose and stretch out to ensure all water is cleared from hose.
- Coil flex hose around the hose wrap and secure with latch.
- Check suction gate and if it appears dirty, follow steps 1-4 under Cleaning Suction Gate on page 8.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury, turn power OFF and disconnect plug from electrical outlet before performing maintenance or troubleshooting.
Maintenance & Care
Machine care (check regularly)
1. Remove dirty tank.2. Remove two screws and pull off suction gate door.3. Wipe suction gate clean and rinse suction gate door.4. Replace suction gate door and two screws.
Reduced spray OR no spray
|Formula & water tank may be empty||Refill tank|
|Formula & water tank may not be seated completely||Turn power OFF. Remove and reseat tank|
|Pump may have lost prime||Hold end of hose below water level in tank to prime|
Loss of suction power
|Tanks may not be seated properly||Pick up both tanks and reseat them so it they fit snugly on the unit|
|Dirty tank has picked up maxi- mum amount of dirty water and has reached full line||Empty dirty tank|
|Formula & water tank is empty||Check fluid levels in formula & water tank|
|Suction Gate is open.||Check to make sure the suction gate is closed. Follow “Cleaning Suction Gate” instructions on page 8.|
Replacement Parts – BISSELL Portable Cleaner
Below please find a list of common replacement parts. While not all of these parts may have come with your specific machine, all are available to you for purchase, if desired.
Accessories – BISSELL Portable Cleaner
The below items are available for purchase as accessories for your BISSELL deep cleaner. To purchase call 1-800-263-2535 or visit www.BISSELL.ca
If you need additional instruction regarding this warranty or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care by E-mail, telephone, or regular mail as described below.
Limited Five Years Warranty
Subject to the *EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS identified below, upon receipt of the product BISSELL will repair or replace (with new or remanufactured components or products), at BISSELL’s option, free of charge from the date of purchase by the original purchaser, for five years any defective or malfunctioning part.See information below on “If your BISSELL product should require service”.
This warranty applies to product used for personal, and not commercial or rental service. This warranty does not apply to fans or routine maintenance components such as filters, belts, or brushes. Damage or malfunction caused by negligence, abuse, neglect, unauthorized repair, or any other use not in accordance with the User’s Guide is not covered.
BISSELL IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT. BISSELL’S LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT.*EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FROM THE TERMS OF THE LIMITED WARRANTYTHIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES EITHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH MAY ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE FIVE YEARS DURATION FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.NOTE: Please keep your original sales receipt. It provides proof of date of purchase in the event of a warranty claim.
If your BISSELL product should require service:Contact BISSELL Consumer Care to locate a BISSELL Authorized Service Center in your area.If you need information about repairs or replacement parts, or if you have questions about your warranty, contact BISSELL Consumer Care.
Website or E-mail: www.BISSELL.ca
Or Call: BISSELL Consumer Care1-800-263-2535Monday – Friday 8am – 10pm ET Saturday 9am – 8pm ETSunday 10am – 7pm ET
Or Write: BISSELL Homecare, Inc.PO Box 3606Grand Rapids, MI 49501
ATTN: Consumer Care
Bissell 3624 Series Professional Spot Clean Professional User Guide – Bissell 3624 Series Professional Spot Clean Professional User Guide –