Bissell 39N7 Series Steam Shot
Thanks for buying a BISSELL portable steam cleaner
We’re glad you purchased a BISSELL portable steam cleaner. Everything we know about floor care went into the design and construction of this complete, high-tech home cleaning system.
Your BISSELL portable steam cleaner is well made, and we back it with a limited three year warranty. We also stand behind it with a knowledgeable, dedicated Consumer Care department, so, should you ever have a problem, you’ll receive fast, considerate assistance.
My great-grandfather invented the floor sweeper in 1876. Today, BISSELL is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service of high quality homecare products like your BISSELL portable steam cleaner.
Thanks again, from all of us at BISSELL.Mark J. BissellChairman & CEO
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:Read all instructions before using your Steam Shot.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury
- Do not direct steam at people, animals, or at electrical outlets
- Do not expose to rain
- Store indoors
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance or troubleshooting
- Do not leave steam cleaner unattended
- Do not leave the steam cleaner connected to an electrical outlet when not in use
- Do not attempt to use without water in the tank
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug
- Do not use steam cleaner if it has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors or dropped into water
- Do not handle steam cleaner with wet hands
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close door on cord, pull cord around sharp corners or edges, or expose cord to heated surfaces
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord
- Do not put any object into appliance openings, use with blocked opening, or restrict air flow
- Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapor given off by oil base paint, paint thinner, some moth proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors
- Do not allow to be used as a toy
- Do not use on leather, wax polished furniture or floors, synthetic fabrics, velvet or other delicate, steam-sensitive materials
- Do not immerse
- Not for space heating purposes
- Do not service Steam Cleaner while it is plugged in
- Avoid contact with hot surfaces
- Release pressure before removing safety cap
- Let cool for 5 minutes before refilling
- Do not use for any purpose other than described in this User’s Guide
- Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments use of attachments not provided or sold by BISSELL may cause fire, electric shock or injury
- Fill with cool water only — do not add anything except cool water or you will cause damage to the heating element and void your warranty
- Unplug by grasping the plug, not the cord
- Pay close attention when working around children
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE
THIS APPLIANCE HAS A POLARIZED PLUG.To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install a proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
This model is for household use only
CAUTION: Do not add anything except cool water or you will cause damage to the heating element and void your warranty
CAUTION: To reduce risk of injury from steam, never point product at people, animals, or electrical outlets.
CAUTION: Always unplug your Steam Shot before filling/refilling. Press trigger until Steamer depressurizes. Wait 5 minutes before removing cap. Be sure to use an oven mitt in case the cap is still hot.
Filling with water
- Push down on the safety cap while turning counter clockwise.
- Fill measuring cup to the max fill line.
- Slowly pour water into steamer.
- Replace the safety cap by pushing own while turning clockwise.
NOTE: You may substitute distilled or demineralized water for tap water.
If your tap water contains a high level of mineral content (hard water) the use of distilled or demineralized water is recommended.
Do not add anything except cool water or you will cause damage to the heating element and void your warranty.
NOTE: Empty tank after each use.
Power cordUnwrap power cord before operating unit.
The red indicator light will go on when the unit is first plugged in. When the steamer is ready to use, the light will turn off.
Push to release steam.Remove protective packaging from nozzle and extension hose prior to use.
CAUTION: Before disconnecting a tool from the steam cleaner, make certain that steam is no longer coming from the nozzle. Use an oven mitt to remove tools, or wait until they cool before removing.
Tools and accessoriesThe accessory nozzle can be attached directly to the steamer or the end of the extension hose.
The accessory nozzle and extension hose attach in the same manner. Align the arrow on the tool with the (I) mark on the Steam Shot and turn clockwise until the arrow aligns with the (II) mark on the steamer.
a. Extension hoseFor cleaning hard to reach areas. Attach to unit and use with the accessory nozzle attached.b. Accessory nozzleAttach to unit or hose. Use alone or with a tool attachedc. Detail brush toolAttach to end of the accessory nozzle for scrubbing stubborn soil. Color coded for specific use.d. Flat scraping toolAttach to the end of accessory nozzle for removing wallpaper, gum and extra sticky messes.e. Angle concentrator tool(select models only) Attach to end of the accessory nozzle.f. Grout brush toolAttach to end of the accessory nozzle for scrubbing small cracks and crevices.g. Fabric steamer toolAttach to end of the accessory nozzle for refreshing and removing wrinkles on clothing or drapes. Attach cloth over tool.h. Window squeegee toolHooks onto the fabric steamer tool (without cloth) for glass and window cleaning
Accessories included vary by model. check down below to purchase additional accessories.
Steam cleaning all living areasStubborn soil that resists traditional hot water, cleaning solutions and vigorous scrubbing can often be effectively removed with high temperature steam. Baked-on grease on the stovetop, dried fruit juice in the refrigerator, stubborn soap scum on sliding shower doors, gum on countertops—steam makes all these far easier to clean. Use your Steam Shot to soften and remove stubborn dirt, grime, dry, hardened food, and other household soil from hard surfaces. You can also use your steam cleaner to clean pet cages.*
Note: Always remove pets before cleaning.
- Fill with cool tap water or distilled/demineralized water.
- Connect the plug to an appropriate outlet.
- When red indicator light turns off, the steamer is ready to use. Press trigger to release stream.
- Wipe surface with a clean, dry cloth.
CAUTION: Keep face and all exposed skin away from steam. Failure to do so may result in personal injury
CAUTION: Thermal shock can shatter glass. Before cleaning cold glass surface, carefully warm the surface by directing the steam jet on the glass from a distance of no less than 4 – 6”.
Use your Steam Shot to remove wrinkles from clothes, and “freshen” clothing that has been stored. Test for color fastness in a hidden area. If color is affected do not use.
- Hang clothing from a shower rod or clothes hook using a sturdy clothes hanger.
- Fill with cool tap water or distilled/ demineralized water
- Connect plug to an appropriate outlet.
- Attach the fabric steamer tool with pad attached.
- Press trigger to release steam.
- Move over fabric taking care not to concentrate steam in a single area.
Your Steam Shot is a very versatile tool. Use it to:
- Give your houseplants a refreshing cool cloud mist by using at 12” or more away from plants.
- Soften gum or adhesives for easier removal.
- Soften glazing putty on windows for easier removal.
- Clean grills.
- Clean coolers.
- Clean sink garbage disposals.
- Clean exhaust fan reusable filters (always remove from fixture before cleaning).
CAUTION: Never tilt the steamer more than 45° during use as boiling water could spill with the steam.
CAUTION: Never attempt this procedure on the clothing you are wearing. Burns could result.
CAUTION: Do not add anything except cool water or you will cause damage to the heating element and void your warranty
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or injury unplug from outlet before servicing
Reduce steam or no steam
- Blocked steam nozzle
- Water tank may be empty.
- Unplug from outlet. After unit has cooled, clear blockage by inserting and removing a paper clip into the brass spray tip
- Unplug, allow to cool for 5 minutes and refill with water
Other maintenance or service not included in the manual should be performed by an authorized service representative.Thank you for selecting a BISSELL product.Please do not return this product to the store.For any questions or concerns, BISSELL is happy to be of service. Contact us directly at 1-800-237-7691.
Replacement parts – BISSELL Steam Shot
|Item||Part No.||Part Name|
|3||203-2405||3 Color Coded Detail Brushes|
|4||203-2420||2-Fabric Steamer Cloths|
|7||203-2402||Flat Scraping Tool|
|8||203-2403||Brass Bristle Detail Brush|
|9||203-2406||Angle Concentrator Tool|
Warranty – BISSELL Steam Shot
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state. If you need additional instruction regarding this warranty or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care by E-mail, telephone, or regular mail as described below.
Limited One Year WarrantySubject to the *EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS identified below, upon receipt of the product BISSELL will repair or replace (with new or remanufactured components or products), at BISSELL’s option, free of charge from the date of purchase by the original purchaser, for one year any defective or malfunctioning part. See information below on “If your BISSELL product should require service”. This warranty applies to product used for personal, and not commercial or rental service. This warranty does not apply to fans or routine maintenance components such as filters, belts, or brushes. Damage or malfunction caused by negligence, abuse, neglect, unauthorized repair, or any other use not in accordance with the User’s Guide is not covered.
If your BISSELL product should require service:Contact BISSELL Consumer Care to locate a BISSELL Authorized Service Center in your area.If you need information about repairs or replacement parts, or if you have questions about your warranty, contact BISSELL Consumer Care.
Website or E-mail: www.bissell.comUse the “Customer Support” tab.
Or Call:BISSELL Consumer Care1-800-237-7691Monday – Friday 8 am – 10 pm ETSaturday 9 am – 8 pm. ET
Or Write:BISSELL Homecare, Inc.PO Box 3606Grand Rapids, MI 49501ATTN: Consumer Care
BISSELL IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT. BISSELL’S LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
*EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FROM THE TERMS OF THE LIMITED WARRANTYTHIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES EITHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH MAY ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE ONE YEAR DURATION FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty last so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Bissell 39N7 Series Steam Shot User’s Guide – Bissell 39N7 Series Steam Shot User’s Guide –