OWNER’S MANUAL17” ELECTRIC TABLETOP GRIDDLEModel 8000CONFORMS TO UL 1026 (6TH ED), UL 1083 (6TH ED) ANDCSA-C22,2 NO. 64-19, CSA-C22,2 NO. 60335-2-78:14USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH CSA-C22.2 NO. 60335-1:11
DANGERNever operate this appliance unattended.WARNINGINSTALLER/ASSEMBLER:Leave these instructions with the consumer.CONSUMER:Retain this manual for future reference.
WARNINGThis instruction manual contains important information necessary for the proper assembly and safe use of the appliance.Read all warnings and instructions before assembling the appliance.WARNINGFollow all warnings and instructions while using the appliance.WARNINGThis product may expose you to chemicals including Di(2-Ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm.For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- The power cord must be electrically grounded in accordance with local codes or, in the absence of local codes, with the National Electrical Code, ANSI/ NFPA 70, or the Canadian Electrical Code, CSA C22.1.
- Keep the electrical supply cord and the fuel supply hose away from any heated surface(s).
- Use only a Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) protected circuit.
- Never remove the grounding plug or use it with an adapter of 2 prongs.
- Use only extension cords with a 3 prong grounding plug, rated for the power of the equipment, and approved for outdoor use with a W-A marking.
WARNINGThe supply cord should be regularly examined for signs of damage, and the appliance is not to be used if the cord is damaged.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse the cord, plugs, or appliances in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow cooling before putting on or taking oﬀ parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Returnappliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- For Household use and Outdoor use only.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- To disconnect, turn any control to “oﬀ’, then remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- Do not use appliances other than intended use.
- Fuel, such as charcoal briquettes, is not to be used with appliances.
- Use only on the properly grounded outlet.
- CAUTION: Risk of Electric Shock. Keep extension cord connection dry and oﬀ the ground.
- Use only outdoors, do not expose to rain.
- Be sure that handles are assembled and fastened properly.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONSFor extension cords:a. A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.b. Longer power-supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.c. If a longer power-supply cord or extension cord is used:
- The marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance;
- The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally; and
- The cord set or extension cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord.
d. Outdoor extension cords should be used with outdoor use products and are surface marked with the suﬀix letter “W” and with a tag stating “Suitable for use with outdoor appliances.”e. The connection to an Extension cord should be kept dry and oﬀ the ground.f. Store products indoors when not in use – out of the reach of children.g. Do not clean this product with a water spray or the like.
SAFETY ALERT KEY
Read and follow all the notices throughout the manual.
DANGERIndicates an imminently hazardous situation that, if not avoided, may result in death or serious injury.WARNINGIndicates the possibility of serious bodily injury if the instructions are not followed.CAUTIONIndicates a potentially hazardous situation that, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
REGISTER YOUR PRODUCT
Registration allows our Customer Service Representatives to quickly provide assistance with your Blackstone product if needed.The North Atlantic Imports LLC 1-Year Warranty covers replacement parts up to one year after the date of purchase. (Please reference the Warranty chapter for more information.) To enable this warranty, you will need to provide:
- Proof of Purchase/ Receipt/ Order Details
- Your Blackstone product’s Serial Number
- Your Blackstone product’s Model Number
Your Blackstone product’s Serial and Model numbers can be found on your griddle’s Origin Label. (The Origin Label is a large silver sticker found on the body of your appliance.)Model Number ___________________________________Serial Number ____________________________________Date Purchased __________________________________
OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF IS HERE TO HELP YOU!
For questions regarding your Blackstone product, or if you need replacement parts, please register your griddle atblackstoneproducts.com/register and contact us at:PHONE: 435-252-3030 ext 1EMAIL: [email protected]ONLINE: blackstoneproducts.com/pages/supportWe are pleased to help you with any questions concerning griddle use, replacement parts, or your warranty.Our customer service staff can be reached Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Mountain Standard Time.WARNINGNEVER partially cook meat or poultry to finish cooking later. Cook food completely to destroy harmful bacteria.MEAT COOKING TEMPERATURES
Poultry165° F or 74°CJuices should run clear and the flesh should not be pink.Beef or Poultry Hamburger160° F or 71°CJuices should not be pink and the flesh should be brown in the middle.Beef, Veal, & LambSteaks/Chops145° F or 63°CBeef, Veal, & Lamb Roasts145° F or 63°CALL cuts of Pork160° F or 71°CJuices should not be pink.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
Before proceeding, make certain that you understand the FOR YOUR SAFETY section of this manual. Hazardous fire or explosion may result ifinstructions are ignored.Section 01FOOD SAFETY
Food safety is an important part of enjoying the outdoor cooking experience. To keep food safe from harmful bacteria, follow these four basic steps:CLEAN: Wash hands, utensils, and surfaces with hot soapy water before and after handling raw meat and poultry.SEPARATE: Separate raw meats and poultry from ready-to-eat foods to avoid cross-contamination.Use a clean platter and utensils when removing cooked foods from the appliance.COOK: Cook meat and poultry thoroughly to kill bacteria.Use a thermometer to ensure proper internal food temperatures.CHILL: Refrigerate prepared foods and leftovers promptly.For more information visit foodsafety.gov or Canadian Partnership for Consumer Food Safety Education online at befoodsafe.ca
HOW TO TELL IF MEAT IS COOKED THOROUGHLYMeat and poultry cooked with this appliance often brown very fast on the outside.Use a meat thermometer to be sure food has reached a safe internal temperature and cut into food to check for visual signs of doneness.When reheating takeout foods or fully cooked meats like hot dogs, cook to 165° F/74°C, or until steaming hot.
Section 02ELECTRIC GRIDDLE SAFETY
- Do not move the appliance when in use. Allow the cooking vessel to cool to 115°F (45 °C) before moving or storing.
- Use long-handled, non-metal utensils and oven mitts to protect against burns and splatters.
- Do not allow the electric components to come in contact with water.
- Wash the griddle surface before initial use.
TURNING GRIDDLE OFF
- When not in use, turn the OFF appliance by rotating the appliance control knobs to the OFF position and unplugging the unit.
PROTECTING THE NON-STICK SURFACE
- Do not cut directly on the griddle surface.
- Only use plastic, rubber, wood, and/or nyon cooking utensils on the cooking surface.
- Avoid using anything that may scratch the surface, including metal scouring pads and abrasive cleaners.
- Do not leave water on the griddle surface for more than two hours.
- Do not wash the griddle top in the dishwasher.
FOR DAILY CLEANING:STEP 01 Be sure that the grease cup is in place.STEP 02 Wipe off the surface with a moist, soapy cloth or paper towel.STEP 03 Wash off soap and dry.FOR DEEP CLEANING:STEP 01 Be sure that the grease cup is in place.STEP 02 Turn heat to low.STEP 03 While wearing rubber gloves, use one (1) tablespoon of dishwashing detergent per one (1) cup of hot water and wipe down the griddle surface with a cloth or non-metal cleaning pad.STEP 04 Turn off the griddle, and once cool, wipe off the surface with a moist, soapy cloth or paper towel.STEP 05 Wash off soap and dry.
WARNINGKeep children and pets away from appliances at all times.This appliance is not intended for use by children.Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.WARNINGThis appliance is not intended for and should never be used as a heater.Do not use for purposes other than intended.WARNINGThe use of alcohol, prescription, or non-prescription drugs may impair the consumer’s ability to properly assemble or safely operate the appliance.CAUTIONFor residential and household use only.DO NOT use it for commercial cooking.
ILLUSTRATED PARTS LIST
ELECTRIC REQUIREMENTS: 120V 60Hz 12.7A
WARNINGThis appliance will be hot during and after use. While cooking, place the unit on heat-resistant and flame-resistant surfaces to avoid damage and injury.WARNINGDo not leave the hood closed for more than 15 minutes while cooking.WARNING
The manufacturer has made every effort to eliminate any sharp edges. However, you should handle all components with care to avoid accidental injury.Some parts may contain sharp edges, especially as noted in these instructions. Wear protective gloves if necessary.WARNINGThe use of alcohol, prescription, or non-prescription drugs may impair the consumer’s ability to properly assemble or safely operate the appliance.
ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONSPlease read all instructions thoroughly before proceeding. Make sure all the plastic packing material is removed before assemblingFind a large, clean area to assemble your griddle. Please refer to the parts list and assembly diagrams as necessary.STEP 01 Hang the grease cup on the back of the griddle body.STEP 02 Place the griddle top and hood assembly onto the griddle body, making sure that the griddle top feet are fully seated.STEP 03 Insert the power cord plug into the socket on the griddle body.STEP 04Enjoy cooking on your Blackstone 17” Electric Griddle!
NEED HELP?Register your Blackstone product at blackstoneproducts.com/register and contact Blackstone Customer Service for missing parts, assembly and operation questions:PHONE:435-252-3030 ext 1EMAIL:ONLINE: blackstoneproducts.com/pages/support
NORTH ATLANTIC IMPORTS LLC1-YEAR WARRANTY
North Atlantic Imports, the manufacturer, will warranty for one year from purchase all parts, workmanship, and finishes. It will be the manufacturer’s option as to whether to repair or replace any of the above items. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not coverany liability on the part of North Atlantic Imports, its agents or employees, for any indirect or consequential damages for breach of warranty. The purchaser must follow the manufacturer’s usage instructions.Under no circumstances is the manufacturer responsible for damages from the failure to operate the cooking station properly. It is the responsibilityof the purchaser to establish the warranty period by verifying the original purchase date with the original sales receipt.
For a more detailed explanation of the warranty, read below:
North Atlantic Imports LLC warrants to the owner that the product covered by this agreement is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for which it was intended if, but only if, it has been operated in accordance with North Atlantic Imports LLC instructions exclusively for domestic use, and not for private or public club, institutional or commercial purposes.North Atlantic Imports LLC’s obligation under this warranty is limited to replacing or repairing, free of charge, any part or parts that may prove, to the satisfaction of North Atlantic Imports LLC, to be defective under normal home use and service within the following stated periods of time from the date of purchase; for one year from purchase, all parts, finish, and workmanship. Should any failure to conform to this warranty become apparent during applicable warranty periods stated above, the original purchaser must notify North Atlantic Imports LLC of breach of warranty within theapplicable warranty period.North Atlantic Imports LLC shall upon notice and compliance by the original purchaser with such instructions, correct such nonconformity by repair or replacement of the defective part or parts. Correction in the manner provided above shall constitute a fulfillment of all obligations of North AtlanticImports LLC with respect to the quality of the product.North Atlantic Imports LLC does not warrant this equipment to meet the requirement of any safety code of any state, municipality, or other jurisdiction, and the original purchaser assumes all risk and liability whatsoever resulting from the use thereof, whether used in accordance with NorthAtlantic Imports LLC instructions or otherwise.This warranty does not cover and is intended to exclude any liability on the part of North Atlantic its agents, servants or employees whether under this warranty or implied by law for any indirect or consequential damages for breach of any warranty. The purchaser must establish all applicable warrantyperiods pursuant to this warranty by verifying the original purchase date by producing the dated sales receipt.This warranty shall not apply to this product or any other part thereof which has been subject to accident, negligence, alteration, abuse, or misuse or which has been repaired or altered without North Atlantic wrote consent, outside of North Atlantic Imports LLC factory.North Atlantic Imports LLC makes no warranty whatsoever in respect to accessories or parts not supplied with it. This warranty shall apply only within the boundaries of the United States of America. This warranty gives the original purchaser specific rights, and the original purchaser may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
North Atlantic Imports LLC1073 West 1700 North Logan, UT 84321Blackstoneproducts.com