Bradley BTDS76P 31 Inch 4 Rack Digital Smoker Owner’s Manual
Printed in China
Dear Sir or Madam,Revolutionary Smoking Technology for Household ChefsWelcome to the wonderful experience of backyard smoking and slow roast cooking. The Bradley Smoker is an insulated smoker oven designed to automatically generate a continuous flow of clean smoke. It is an outdoor electrical appliance that enables one to cook, roast, hot smoke, as well as cold smoke food with consistently superior results using minimal effort.
The Bradley Smoker is unique in that it produces smoke which is four times cleaner than traditional burn-box chips*. Because it automatically extinguishes the spent bisquette, it prevents the formation of high temperature gases and acids. In addition, the Bradley Smoker meets both North American and European appliance standards.
There are eleven different woods of the Bradley Flavor Bisquettes that are made especially for your smoker: Alder, Apple, Cherry, Hickory, Maple, Mesquite, Oak, Pecan, Pacific Blend, Special Blend and Whisky Oak. For recipes ideas, please have a look on the enclosed recipes booklet and on our website: www.bradleysmoker.com
We also suggest you try our Bradley Recipe Collection, Flavor Cures, Bradley Jerky Racks, Bradley Original Racks, Sausage Hooks, Weather Guard Covers, Caps, Aprons, and the Bradley Digital Thermometer with meat probe that takes all the guesswork out of roasting and smoking meat.
I wish you great cooking and smoking for the years to come.
Important Safety Warnings
Please Save These Instructions
Read All Instructions Before Use
Basic Safety Precautions
- Carefully read through assembly instructions to prepare smoker for use.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse cord or plugs in water or other liquids.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner.
- The use of accessory attachments is not recommended by the appliance manufacturer. May cause injuries.
- Do not modify your smoker from its original state.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug into the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn all controls to “off”, then remove plug from wall outlet.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
- Do not use any other type of wood other than Bradley Flavor Bisquettes®.
- Lift and move smoker with care to prevent strains and back injuries.
- Use caution when reaching into or around smoker.
- It is recommended that a fire extinguisher be placed near the smoker. Refer to your localauthority to determine proper size and type of fire extinguisher.
- Longer detachable power supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- If a longer detachable power supply cord or extension cord is used, the marked electricalrating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating ofthe appliance.
- The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter-top or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
- If an extension cord is required, the cord must be an approved heavy duty cord not over 1.85 m (6 feet) long.
- Outdoor extension cords should be used with outdoor use products and are surface marked with the suffix letter “W” and with a tag stating “Suitable for use with outdoor appliances”.
- CAUTION: risk of electric shock. Keep extension cord connection dry and off the ground.
- Properly dispose of all packaging.
- Use caution when assembling, operating, handling or cleaning your smoker as some edges on the metal parts may be sharp.
Carefully read through Assembly Instructions to prepare smoker for use
USE OUTDOORS ONLY
Carbon Monoxide Hazard Warning
- Burning wood gives off carbon monoxide, which may cause death.
- DO NOT burn wood chips inside homes, vehicles, tents, garages or any enclosed areas.
- Use only outdoors where it is well ventilated.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- During use the appliance becomes hot. Care should be taken to avoid touching heating elements inside the oven.
- WARNING: The appliance and its accessible parts may become hot during use.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Steam cleaner is not to be used.
- Do not plug in the smoker until it is fully assembled.
When in Use
- Do not leave unattended.
- Do not cover or seal the racks or drip tray with aluminum foil. This can cause severe damage to your smoker.
- Do not move smoker when in use.
- Do not exceed a temperature of 140 °C (280 °F).
- Always wear oven mitts or gloves to protect hands from burns. Do not wear loose clothing or allow hair to hang freely.
- Do not use packaging box to cover the smoker.
- Use only approved grounded electrical outlet.
- Do not allow rainwater to come in contact with smoker at any time. Place unit under center of 3 x 3 x 2.5 m (118 x 118 x 100 inches) shelter.
- To avoid smoke and carbon monoxide, do not use product indoors, use in a wellventilated area. ,
- To avoid electric shock hazard, please use under a shelter or gazebo. Do not use during an electrical storm or in windy conditions. Do not use when raining.
- Do not use near gasoline or other flammable liquids, gases, or where flammable vapors may be present.
- Do not immerse in water.
Empty drip bowl every 2 to 3 hours of burnt wood bisquettes and refill with fresh water
After Each Use
- Unplug smoker when it is not in use. See “Maintenance Procedures” section.
- Place extinguished Bradley Flavor Bisquettes® at a safe distance from all structures and combustible materials.
- Store the smoker in a dry covered place out of reach of children.
- Clean out any grease. Grease build up may cause fire.
- Do not steam clean this appliance.
Save these Instructions
Refer to the External Components List & Internal Components List Diagrams
Important Safety Precautions
- The Bradley Smoker must be maintained and cleaned after each use.
- Unplug the Long Power Cord prior to commencement of any maintenance or cleaning.
- Do not immerse smoker in water.
- Do not spray inside of smoker with any kind of appliance cleaner.
- Do not cover or seal the Racks or Drip Tray with aluminum foil. This can cause severe damage to your smoker.
- Do not leave unattended when in use.
- Do not spray or clean the smoker with excessive amounts of water. Instead use a damp cloth.
- Use caution when handling and cleaning your smoker as some metal edges may be sharp.
- Clean out the Drip Bowl. Dispose of all burnt Bisquettes carefully as they may still be hot.
- Wash the Drip Tray, Racks, Bottom Rectangular Tray and Drip Bowl with hot water and dish detergent or put them in the dishwasher.
- Remove food particles and grease residue from the smoker. If the inside needs cleaning, wipe it with a damp cloth.
- Note: The tower should have smoke or black residue on the inside. The more residues, the better the product will taste.
- The Smoke Generator should be kept clean and free of wood chips and grease at all times. If loose wood chips have collected in the Smoke Generator, simply blow or vacuum these particles away.
- Unplug the Long Power Cord before removing the Smoke Generator from the Smoke Tower. Refer to “To remove Smoke Generator” in “Assembly instructions”.
- The Bisquettes Burner should be lightly scraped using a wire brush or scraper to remove any residue that has been left by the burning process.
- Clean the Damper (at the top of the Smoker) to ensure it is not stuck.
- Wipe the Door Seal with warm water and dish detergent to remove any leftover residues and food particles.
- Replace Racks, Drip Tray, Bottom Rectangular Tray and Drip Bowl into the smoker, making sure all parts are clean and dry.
- Insert the Smoke Generator back into the Smoke Tower.
- Make sure the Long Power Cord is unplugged.
No Power To SmokerCheck that all plugs are correctly and firmly inserted into sockets. Check fuse (located on smoke generator). Check to make sure the outlet, Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI), has not been tripped.
Bisquettes Will Not AdvanceCheck the drive guide and clear all loose wood chips. By cleaning the smoke generator, Bisquette jamming and undue wear and tear can be avoided.
Bisquettes Will Not Burn CompletelyCheck to see if other electrical equipment is plugged into the circuit. The smoker should be plugged into its own dedicated wall circuit. Check to make sure the Bisquettes burner is free of residue build up.
Smoker Oven Not Reaching TemperaturesAllow smoker oven time to preheat. Remember, once food is put in the oven, the temperature will drop, and slowly rise again. Try closing the Damper slightly and keeping the smoker out of the wind. Next, try using a separate thermometer inside the smoker oven to ensure the temperature is reading correctly.
Note: Normal cooking temperature is between 95-120 °C (200–250 °F). Keep in mind that the temperature shown on the display is for reference only and is not intended to give exact internal temperatures of the food. The internal temperature will be higher closer to the Heat Element.
If you need further advice, please call our Customer Service (1-866-508-7514).
4-Rack Digital Smoker (BTDS76P & BTDS76CE-EU)6-Rack Digital Smokers (BTDS108P & BTDS108CE-EU)Refer to Part Numbers in External Components List, Internal Components List and Electrical
For The Original Bradley Smoker Assembly Instructions,
Refer to Part Numbers in External Components List, Internal Components List and ElectricalConnection Set Up
How to Assemble the Bradley Digital Smoker®
- Remove smoker from box.
- Take all packaged parts out of smoker.
- Remove all protective packaging.
Install Digital Smoke Generator:
- Attach Digital Smoke Generator (1) to the Smoker Tower (2) by placing the Bisquette Burner (E) through the left side opening of the tower. Align the generator keyholes to the two supports (3) on the side and push down to secure in position.
- Insert the feeder tube (4) into the top of the smoke generator. Push down firmly. Load with desired number of Bradley Flavor Bisquettes®.
Electrical Connection Set Up
- Plug the Sensor Cable (1) into the back of the Smoke Generator Sensor •Receptacle (A) and Smoker Tower Sensor Receptacle (B).
- Plug the Short Power Cord (2) into the back of the Smoke Generator Female Receptacle (D) and then into the back of the Smoker Tower Male Receptacle.
- Plug the Long Power Cord (3) into the power receptacle (E).
Set Up Smoker Tower:
- Place Racks, either four or six (B) onto side supports.
- Place Drip Tray (A) “V” facing down beneath the Racks on the brass side pins and under pin (I).
- Place the Rectangular Tray (D) on the bottom of the Smoker.
- Fill the Drip Bowl (C) half full with water and place in the center of Rectangular Tray (D) to catch burnt Bisquettes. During a long smoking period, the Drip Bowl will require changing the water.
- Plug the Long Power Cord (3) from the Smoke Generator into an approved grounded electrical outlet (4).
To Remove Smoke Generator
Make sure the Smoke Generator has had time to cool down. Unplug Long Power Cord (3) from the wall outlet (4) and from the Smoke Generator (E). Detach Sensor Cable (1) and Short Power Cord (2) and then remove Smoke Generator from the Smoker Tower by raising it gently upward and pulling it outward.
(BTDS76P, BTDS76CE-EU, BTDS108P & BTDS108CE-EU)
External Components List
- Digital Smoke Generator
- Smoke Tower
- Generator Supports (not shown)
- Feeder Tube
- Digital Display Panel
- Door Seal
- Rubber Feet
- Sensor Cable, Short Power Cord & Long Power Cord (not shown)
(BTDS76P, BTDS76CE-EU, BTDS108P & BTDS108CE-EU)
Internal Components List
A) Drip TrayB) Cooking Racks (4 or 6)C) Drip BowlD) Bottom Rectangular TrayE) Bisquette Burner (Bisquettes not included)
F) Heating ElementG) Top Door HingeH) Lower Door HingeI) Brass PinJ) Porcelain Insulator
Electrical connection set up
After mounting the generator on side of smoker
(In this order)
- Sensor Cable
- Short Jumper Cord
- Long Power Cord
- Wall Outlet
A Sensor ReceptacleB Sensor ReceptacleC Male ReceptacleD Female ReceptacleE Male Receptacle
CAUTION TO ENSURE CONTINUED PROTECTION AGAINST RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK CONNECT TO PROPERLY GROUNDED OUTLET ONLY
CAUTION DISCONNECT FROM POWER OUTLET BEFORE CLEANING OR SERVICING DO NOT IMMERSE/ DO NOT EXPOSE TO RAIN
Display Function Guideline
Digital Smoke Generator
- Smoke Generator operated by left side control buttons.
- Press “On/Off Smoker” to turn Smoke Generator on.
- Press “>>> Wood” to advance Bisquettes onto Burner. Each press advances Bisquette one spot.
- Press “Smoker Timer Set” and then “1” to desired length of smoking time.
- Press “Smoker Timer Set” again to start 20 minute automatic advance.
- Press “On/Off Smoker” to turn Smoke Generator off.
- Smoker Oven operated by right side control buttons.
- Press “On/Off Oven” to turn Smoker Oven on.
- Press “Oven Temp Set” and then use “v ^” buttons to set desired temperature.
- Press “Oven Temp Set” again to set the temperature.
- Press “Oven Timer Set” and then use “v ^” to reach desired length of cooking time.
- Press “Oven Timer Set” again to set cooking time.
- Press “On/Off Oven” to turn Smoker Oven off.
Once the “On/Off Smoker” button has been pressed to turn the smoke generator on, the “Smoker Timer” display will flash until the desired time has been set. The “Oven Temp” will start to read the internal temperature right away. Once the “On/ Off Oven” button has been pressed to turn the oven on, the “Oven Timer” display will flash until the desired cooking time has been set. The “Temp Setting” will also flash until the desired temperature has been set. Press the C/F Button to change the setting from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
for the The Bradley Digital Smokers
BTDS76P, BTDS76CEEU, BTDS108P & BTDS108CEEU)
Refer to part numbers in the External Components List Diagram
Seasoning & Preparation For Use
- Seasoning the Bradley Digital Smoker is an ongoing process, the more you use it, the better tasting the foods will be.
- The Seasoning Process is mainly to remove the impartial smells and flavors from your smoker. The smell of your new Bradley Digital Smoker is not necessarily how you want your food to taste.
- Clean Racks, Drip Tray, Drip Bowl and Rectangular Tray and place in smoker.
- Fill the Drip Bowl half full of water.
- Load the Feeder Tube with 5 Bisquettes. Note – Each Bisquette burns for 20 minutes. The 2 extra Bisquettes are meant to push the final Bisquette onto the Burner. These last 2 Bisquettes will not advance onto the Burner.
- Open the Damper slightly at the top of smoker tower.
- Press “On/Off Smoker” to turn on.
- Pre-heat the Bisquette Burner for 20 minutes.
- Press “>>>Wood” to advance a Bisquette onto the burner.
- Set the “Smoker Timer Set” for 1 hour.
- Press “On/Off Oven” to turn on.
- Set “Oven Temp Set” to 66° C (150° F).
- Set the “Oven Timer Set” to 1 hour. Note: Your smoker will be seasoned having reached 66° C (150° F) and smoked in for 1 hour.
Getting Started (see “Display Function Guideline”)
- After seasoning the smoker, refill the Drip Bowl half full with water.
- Load desired amount of Bisquettes into the Feeder Tube.
- Press the “On/Off Smoker” to turn the smoke generator on.
- Pre-heat the Bisquette Burner for 20 minutes.
- Press “>>>Wood”. Allow time for Bisquette to advance. Repeat this step twice to move a Bisquette onto the burner.
- Press “Smoker Timer Set” for length of smoking time.
- Set the Damper to the desired opening. Do not close damper all the way when smoke is running.
- Press the “On/Off Oven” to turn smoker oven on.
- Pre-heat the Smoker Oven to the desired temperature you want to cook at.
- Press “Oven Temp Set” to set the heat.
- Press “Oven Timer Set” to set length of cooking time.
- Place your food onto the Racks and load them into the smoker.
- Empty and refill your water bowl every 2 hours
- Cold Smoke – Use the generator only. Unplug the Short Power Cord (2).
- Hot Smoke – Use the generator and the oven together.
Note: The Digital Display will only read the air temperature inside the tower. To get a more accurate temperature of the food being smoked, use a meat thermometer. Keep in mind that the ambient temperature will affect the cooking temperature of the smoker.
“Remember to clean your smoker after each use.”
The Bradley Smoker carries with it a 1 year limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
Requirements and Limitations:Warranty is effective from the date of purchase. Keep your sales receipt as proof of purchasedate. Warranty is limited to repair or replacement of part as determined by BradleyTechnologies Inc.
Bradley Technologies Inc. at its discretion will provide a replacement part for any componentfound by Bradley Technologies Inc. to be defective and shall not be responsible for any reassembly.
This limited warranty is non-transferable and becomes void if product is used for commercialor rental purposes. Warranty covers manufacturer’s defects only. This limited warranty willnot reimburse you for the cost of any inconvenience, food, personal injury or propertydamage.
Warranty is valid only in the country of purchase. Shipping and handling charges are theresponsibility of the original consumer/purchaser for all out of warranty parts orders.Serial number of the smoker must be provided on all warranty claims.
Bradley Technologies excludes from its warranty the following:Defects, damage resulting from accident, abuse, misuse, alteration, improper assembly /installation and vandalism are not covered. Damage resulting from weather conditions including but not limited to hail, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, wind, rain or snow are not covered.
Normal wear and tear, chipping and scratching on surface finishes is not covered. Discoloration from exposure to sunlight, heat or chemicals is not covered by this warranty. Failure to perform regular maintenance, safety checks and service including but not limited to; removal of grease build up resulting in a flash fire, damage caused by grease fires is not covered by this warranty.
To ensure your satisfaction and for follow- up service, register your smoker online at:www.bradleysmoker.com
For warranty and customer services please call: 1 866-508-7514 (toll free)