Breville BLEND Personal Blender
READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.Always disconnect the appliance from the mains supply socket if it is left unattended and before assembling, disassembling or cleaning.If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.The blades have very sharp edges. Take care when handling or cleaning them.This appliance can be used for a maximum of 60 seconds, followed by a rest of 60 seconds. After 6 repetitions of use and rest, the appliance must be left to cool down fully
- Never use this appliance for anything other than its intended use. This appliance is for household use only. Do not use this appliance outdoors.
- Always ensure that hands are dry before handling the plug or switching on the appliance.
- Always use the appliance on a stable, secure, dry and level surface.
- This appliance must not be placed on or near any potentially hot surfaces (such as a gas or electric hob).
- Never immerse any part of the appliance or power cord and plug in water or any other liquid.
- Never let the power cord hang over the edge of a work top, touch hot surfaces or become knotted, trapped or pinched.
- Do not use the appliance if it has been dropped or if there are any visible signs of damage or if it is leaking.
- Never use any accessory or attachment not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Make sure that all attachments are securely and correctly fitted before operating the appliance.
- Allow moving parts to come to a stop before changing or cleaning accessories.
- Never process hot or boiling liquids. Allow them to cool before processing.
Ensure that the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the supply socket if it is left unattended and before assembling, disassembling or cleaning.Never immerse any part of the motor unit or power cord and plug in water or any other liquid.Never use harsh, abrasive or caustic cleaners to clean this appliance
- Remove your blender carefully from the box. You may wish to store the packaging for future use.
- Check the contents:• Motor unit• Blade assembly• Blade cover• 500ml bottle• Resealable lid• Neoprene sleeve
- Wash all parts that will come into contact with food. Use warm soapy water then rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Using a mild detergent solution, wipe the motor unit with a damp cloth. Dry thoroughly.
- The neoprene sleeve can be washed at 40°C or below. Do not dry the sleeve in the tumble dryer. When wet, the sleeve remains stretchable.
- Sports-style resealable lidThe lid has a cap which ‘clicks’ securely into place to seal the bottle and also folds all the way back until it ‘clicks’ into the open position preventing it from closing when in use.
- Blade assemblyThe durable high quality stainless steel blades are able to crush ice. Always add a small amount of liquid (such as fruit juice, water, etc.) when crushing ice.
- Blade coverThe blade cover fits securely to the blade assembly to allow its safe storage. This combination can be used as a nut/seed grinder when attached to the motor unit.
- Motor unitThe LED on the motor unit lights up when the bottle or nut/seed grinder is properly attached. The LED flashes when the blend button is pressed.
- Blend buttonPress to operate your blender.
- 500ml bottleBlender bottles are made from Eastman Tritan® copolyester which is a durable BPA‑free, odour, taste and stain resistant material used for manufacturing sports bottles and able to withstand extreme use and repeated dishwasher cleaning.
- Neoprene sleeveThe insulated sleeve keeps drinks cooler for longer.
Using Your Blender
Ensure that the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the supply socket if it is left unattended and before assembling, disassembling or cleaning.The blades have very sharp edges. Take care when handling or cleaning them.Never attempt to fit the blade assembly onto the motor unit by itself.Do not operate your blender continuously for more than 30 seconds without giving it a rest period of one minute.
- Add the ingredients to the bottle. Don’t fill the bottle above the top of the bottle grip.
- Fit the blade assembly onto the bottle. Tighten the blade assembly firmly.
- Turn the bottle upside down so that the blade assembly is at the bottom then line up the symbol on the blade assembly with the symbol on the rim of the motor unit.
- Gently press the bottle downwards then twist it clockwise until the symbol on the blade assembly is aligned with the symbol on the rim of the motor unit. Your blender will not work unless the bottle is correctly locked into position.
- Press and hold the blend button to operate your blender. You can either press and hold the button or use short pulses until your drink is at the desired consistency.
- When you have finished blending your drink, twist the bottle anticlockwise until the symbol is aligned with the symbol and remove the bottle and blade assembly.Turn the bottle the right side up then unscrew the blade assembly and fit one of the resealable lids onto the bottle. Close the cap of the resealable lid firmly until it “clicks”
Notes: If the ingredients become stuck around the blade during processing, simply remove the bottle from the motor unit, give it a shake then refit it and carry on processing.Always remove the bottle when attempting to agitate or otherwise redistribute the ingredients. For ease of cleaning, we recommend that you clean your blend active bottle and cap as soon as you have finished using them.
Your blender can be used to crush ice. For best results and to prevent possible damage to the blades, always add a small amount of liquid to the ice before processing. The liquid can be water or one of the liquid ingredients from your recipe (fruit juice, etc.).
Grinding nuts and seeds
The blade cover can also be used as a nut/seed grinder and can finely grind nuts, seeds, and cereals before adding these to your favourite recipes.
Notes: Do NOT use the nut/seed grinder to grind wet foods (garlic, onions, etc.). Add the ingredients to the blade cover. Don’t fill the cover more than half full.
Screw the blade assembly onto the blade cover, tighten firmly, and attach to the motor unit properly . Press the blend button to pulse in short bursts to achieve the desired texture.
Smoothies and shakes often separate if not consumed immediately after blending.However, they can be re‑blended and consumed within 30 minutes if necessary.
- Peanut butter—a great protein shake ingredient. Try and source an unsweetened variety.
- Frozen berries—now widely available in larger supermarkets. Look out for special packs of frozen smoothie mixes too.
- Frozen bananas—don’t throw away those over‑ripe bananas in the fruit bowl. Simply peel, break into pieces, and pop into a suitable bag for the freezer. Use bananas straight from the freezer in your favourite smoothie recipes.
- Protein powder—a concentrated form of protein. Used as a dietary supplement, protein powder can be added to drinks, sprinkled on cereal, stirred into soups and stews, or cooked into baked goods and other meals. Available from most large supermarkets or health shops.
- Almond Milk—a healthy alternative to cow’s milk.
- Soya Milk—can be used as a skimmed milk replacement in all of our recipes
To make a recipe…
Simply add the ingredients in the recipe to the bottle, top up with chilled milk or juice, and blitz until thick and smooth.
Turn on your creativity®
Let the Breville® team help you turn on your creativity with a gateway to a world of food and drinks without limits. You don’t have to travel far—just to your computer, tablet or mobile—where you will discover our FREE website with top tips and recipes to inspire your imagination. Join us now at: www.turnonyourcreativity.com
Turn Your Creativity®
Protein Rich Shake
- 1 handful of frozen berries (50g)
- 1 small ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp oatmeal
- 1 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
- Chilled skimmed milk
Vanilla Berry Blitz
- 1 large handful of frozen or fresh berries (75g)
- 30g vanilla protein powder
- Chilled skimmed milk
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 passion fruit, seeds scooped out
- 200ml light coconut milk
- Chilled concentrated tropical juice
- Juice of half a lime
- Handful of ice
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1 tbsp greek style low fat yoghurt
- 175g low fat toffee yoghurt
- 1 scoop toffee ice cream (optional)
- Chilled skimmed milk
Frozen Berry Blast
- 100g frozen mixed berries
- 100g frozen fat free yoghurt
- 1tbsp honey (optional)
- Chilled skimmed milk
Add the ingredients to the bottle, and blend for 10 seconds. Serve immediately. You can add 50ml of your favourite specialty coffee syrup to create your own flavoured frappucino.
- 200ml cold strong coffee
- 300 ml full fat milk
- Sugar to taste
- 8 large ice cubes
- 100g mixed melon chunks
- 100g strawberries
- 1 large handful of ice cubes
- Chilled juice of your choice
Spinach, Celery and Apple
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice, or to tase
- 1 large handful of spinach leaves
- 300ml chilled apple juice
RECIPES USING THE NUT/SEED GRINDER
To create a smoother texture to the recipe, use the nut/seed grinder to blend the seeds, cereal, or nuts first.
Muesli to Go
- 1 small banana, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 ice cubes
- 20g muesli
- Chilled soya milk
- ½ avocado (50‑60g)
- Small handful of whole almonds (30g)
- 50g blueberries
- Large handful of baby kale or spinach leaves
- 1 heaped tbsp Greek style low fat yoghurt
- Chilled pomegranate juice
The Energy Booster
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 small banana, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 handful of blueberries (50g)
- Chilled almond milk
Egg Rich Pancake Batter
Makes 6 medium‑sized pancakes.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 112g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 300ml chilled milk
- Handful of seeds
- Large handful of spinach
Cleaning And Storage
Ensure that the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the supply socket if it is left unattended and before assembling, disassembling or cleaning.Never immerse the motor unit or power cord and plug in water or any other liquid.Never use harsh, abrasive or caustic cleaners to clean this appliance.The blades have very sharp edges. Take care when handling or cleaning them.
- For ease of cleaning, we recommend that you clean the bottle and cap as soon as you have finished using them.
- Clean the motor unit with a damp cloth only.
- Wash the blade assembly in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. For stubborn food deposits stuck around the blade, carefully use a washing up brush.Alternatively, the blade assembly can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Wash the bottles and lids in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.Alternatively, the bottles and lids can be washed in a dishwasher.
Quick cleaning method
- Half fill a bottle with warm water and a drop or two of detergent then fit the blade assembly. Fit the blade/bottle onto the motor body as described in the section using your blender.
- Press and hold the blend button for 10‑20 seconds.
- Remove the bottle, unscrew the blade assembly and rinse them both under running water
Store your blender in its packing or in a clean, dry place. Ensure all parts are dismantled and keep the appliance out of the reach of children. Place the blade cover over the blade assembly for greater protection.
Connection To The Mains Supply
This appliance is fitted with either a moulded or rewirable BS1363, 13 amp plug. The fuse should be rated at 5 amps and be ASTA approved to BS1362.
If the fuse in a moulded plug needs to be changed, the fuse cover must be refitted. The appliance must not be used without the fuse cover fitted.
If the plug is unsuitable, it should be dismantled and removed from the supply cord and an appropriate plug fitted as detailed below. If you remove the plug it must not be connected to a 13 amp socket and the plug must be disposed of immediately.
The wires of the mains lead are coloured in accordance with the following code:
BLUE – NEUTRAL BROWN – LIVE
The wire which is coloured Blue, must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the letter N or coloured Black.
The wire which is coloured Brown, must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the letter L or coloured Red.
If any other plug is used, a 5 amp fuse must be fitted either in the plug or adaptor or at the distribution board.
CAUTION: DO NOT CONNECT EITHER WIRE TO THE EARTH TERMINAL IN THE PLUG WHICH IS MARKED E OR WITH THE EARTH SYMBOL () OR COLOURED GREEN OR GREEN AND YELLOW.
This symbol indicates that this unit is a Class II appliance and therefore an earth connection is not required.
For additional or replacement bottles, please visit www.breville.co.uk or call us on 0161 621 6900.
For troubleshooting and FAQs visit www.breville.co.uk/faqs
After Sales Service
These appliances are built to the very highest of standards. There are no user serviceable parts. Follow these steps if the unit fails to operate:
- Check the instructions have been followed correctly.
- Check that the fuse has not blown.
- Check that the mains supply is functional.
If the appliance will still not operate, return the appliance to the place it was purchased for a replacement. To return the appliance to the Customer Service Department, follow the steps below:
- Pack it carefully (preferably in the original carton). Ensure the unit is clean.
- Enclose your name and address and quote the model number (located on the rating label) on all correspondence.
- Give the reason why you are returning it.
- If within the guarantee period, state when and where it was purchased and include proof of purchase (e.g. till receipt).
- Send it to our Customer Service Department at the address below:
Customer Service DepartmentJarden Consumer Solutions (Europe) LimitedMiddleton Road, Royton, OldhamOL2 5LN, UKTelephone: 0161 621 6900 Fax: 0161 626 0391e-mail: [email protected]
Please keep your receipt as this will be required for any claims under this guarantee.This appliance is guaranteed for 1 year after your purchase as described in this document.During this guaranteed period, if in the unlikely event the appliance no longer functions due to a design or manufacturing fault, please take it back to the place of purchase, with your till receipt and a copy of this guarantee.The rights and benefits under this guarantee are additional to your statutory rights, which are not affected by this guarantee. Only Jarden Consumer Solutions (Europe) Limited (“JCS (Europe)”) has the right to change these terms.JCS (Europe) undertakes within the guarantee period to repair or replace the appliance, or any part of appliance found to be not working properly free of charge provided that:
- you promptly notify the place of purchase or JCS (Europe) of the problem; and
- the appliance has not been altered in any way or subjected to damage, misuse, abuse, repair or alteration by a person other than a person authorised by JCS (Europe).
Faults that occur through, improper use, damage, abuse, use with incorrect voltage, acts of nature, events beyond the control of JCS (Europe), repair or alteration by a person other than a person authorised by JCS (Europe) or failure to follow instructions for use are not covered by this guarantee. Additionally, normal wear and tear, including, but not limited to, minor discoloration and scratches are not covered by this guarantee.The rights under this guarantee shall only apply to the original purchaser and shall not extend to commercial or communal use.
If your appliance includes a country-specific guarantee or warranty insert please refer to the terms and conditions of such guarantee or warranty in place of this guarantee or contact your local authorized dealer for more information.
Waste electrical products should not be disposed of with Household waste. Please recycle where facilities exist. E‑mail us at enquiries [email protected] for further recycling and WEEE information.
Jarden Consumer Solutions (Europe) Limited 5400 LakesideCheadle Royal Business ParkCheadleSK8 3GQUK
Jarden Consumer Solutions (Europe) LimitedCheadle Royal Business Park, Cheadle, SK8 3GQ, United Kingdome-mail: [email protected]Telephone: 0161 621 6900
For Customer Service details, please see the website.www.breville.co.uk
© 2015 Jarden Consumer Solutions (Europe) LimitedAll rights reserved. Imported and distributed by Jarden Consumer Solutions (Europe) Limited, Cheadle Royal Business Park, Cheadle, SK8 3GQ, United Kingdom.The product supplied may differ slightly from the one illustrated due to continuing product development.