Breville The Soft Top Pure
At Breville we are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products with the safety of you, our valued customer, foremost in mind. In addition we ask that you exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the following precautions.Misuse can cause potential injuries.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE AND SAVE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- Appliances can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Remove and safely discard any packaging material and promotional labels before using the kettle for the first time.
- To eliminate a choking hazard for young children, remove and safely discard the protective cover fitted to the power plug of this appliance.
- This kettle has been designed specifically for the purpose of boiling drinking quality water only. Under no circumstances should this product be used to boil any other liquids or foodstuffs.
- Do not place the kettle near the edge of a bench or table during operation. Ensure that the surface is level, clean and free of water and other substances.
- Do not operate the kettle on a sink drain board.
- Do not place the kettle on or near a hot gas burner, electric element or where it could touch a heated oven.
- Keep the kettle clear of walls, curtains and other heat or steam sensitive materials. Minimum 20cm distance.
- Always ensure the kettle is properly assembled before use. Follow the instructions provided in this book.
- The kettle must be used only with the power base supplied.
- This kettle is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote control system.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use the handle for lifting and carrying the kettle.
- Do not place anything on top of the lid.
- Always ensure the kettle switch is in the ‘off’ position, then turn the power off at the power outlet and remove the plug from the power outlet before attempting to move the appliance, when the appliance is not in use and before cleaning and storing.
- Use caution when pouring water from the kettle, as boiling water and steam will scald. Do not pour water too quickly.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the kettle base, power base, power cord or power plug in water or allow moisture to come in contact with these parts.
- Do not remove the kettle from the power base during operation. Ensure the kettle is switched to ‘off’ position after the water has boiled before removing the kettle from the power base.
- Do not move the kettle while it is switched on.
- Do not open the lid during operation.
- Do not overﬁll the kettle past the maximum water level mark. If the kettle is overﬁlled, boiling water may be ejected.
- Keep the kettle clean. Follow the cleaning instructions provided in this book.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS FOR ALL ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
- Fully unwind the power cord before use.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a bench or table, touch hot surfaces or become knotted.
- To protect against electric shock do not immerse the power cord, power plug or appliance in water or any other liquid.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and if they understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are 8 years or above and are under supervision. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children aged less than 8 years.
- It is recommended to regularly inspect the appliance.
- To avoid a hazard do not use the appliance if power cord, power plug or appliance becomes damaged in any way. Return the entire appliance to the nearest authorised Breville Service Centre for examination and/or repair.
- Any maintenance other than cleaning should be performed at an authorized Breville Service Centre.
- This appliance is for household use only. Do not use this appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use in moving vehicles or boats. Do not use outdoors. Misuse may cause injury.
- The installation of a residual current device (safety switch is recommended to provide additional safety protection when using electrical appliances. It is advisable that a safety switch with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA be installed in the electrical circuit supplying the appliance. See your electrician for professional advice.
- For safety reasons it is recommended you plug your Breville appliance directly into its own electrical outlet on a dedicated circuit separate from other appliances. If the electrical circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your appliance may not function properly. Using in conjunction with a power strip or extension cord is not recommended.
- Do not spill water onto the connector.
- Do not operate the kettle on an inclined surface. Do not move the kettle while it is switched on.
- The heating element surface is subjected to residual heat after use.
- The appliance is designed for boiling of drinking quality water only.
- Never use to heat or boil any other liquids or foodstuffs. The lid should always be ﬁrmly in place and locked into the closed position before use.
- Do not press the lid release button to open the lid during and after operation. This may result in boiling water splashing from the kettle. Pour out all the hot water from the kettle before opening the lid to reﬁll.
- Never immerse the kettle base, switch area, power base, power cord or power plug in water, or allow moisture to come into contact with these parts.
- To prevent damage to the kettle do not use chemicals, alkaline cleaning agents, steel wool or abrasive cleaners to clean the inside or outside of the kettle. Use a mild cleaning agent with a soft damp cloth.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- A. BPA Free* Cushion controlled lid with viewing window
- B. Lid release button
- C. Removable scale ﬁlter
- D. Brushed stainless steel ﬁnish
- E. BPA Free* dual water windows
- F. 1.7 litre/7 cup capacity
- G. Illuminated power ‘On/Off’ switch with ready bell
- H. Auto shut off & boil dry protection
- I. Rapid boil 2400W concealed element
- J. Multi directional base with cord storage
- K. Breville Assist™ plug (not shown)
* Breville makes its BPA free claim for this product based on independent laboratory testing performed for all the food contact plastic materials of the product per EU Commission regulation No 10/2011.
CARE, CLEANING & STORAGE
Always switch ‘off’ at the power outlet and unplug the appliance from the power outlet before cleaning.
The kettle features a removable mesh ﬁlter to remove scale deposits for cleaner water. To remove the scale deposits from the ﬁlter, open the lid and slide the ﬁlter up and out of the kettle.The ﬁlter can be cleaned by running under hot water and rubbing with a cleaning cloth or brush. To replace ﬁlter, simply slide the ﬁlter down into the slot behind the spout of the kettle and push back into position.
NOTE: The ﬁlter could become damaged with time. Please check regularly and replace if found damaged.
NOTE: The concealed element in the base of the kettle is made from high quality stainless steel.Any brown stains appearing are the result of mineral deposits and are not rust.
REMOVAL OF MINERAL DEPOSITS
Mineral deposits in tap water may cause the kettle interior and water gauge to discolour over time. This may be removed by using Breville Kettle Cleaner (BKC250) or a proprietary kettle descaler which is available from most leading supermarkets, department and hardware stores.
BREVILLE KETTLE CLEANER
Directions for use:
- Add 125ml of Breville Kettle Cleaner to 2 litres of water.
- Fill kettle with mixture on a protected surface.
- Bring kettle to boil and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Clean spout by using a cloth dampened with Breville Kettle Cleaner and rub well, then wipe off.
- Bring the kettle to boil for a second time, then empty solution.
- Fill kettle with fresh water and bring to the boil, discard boiled water.Your kettle is now ready to make your next cup of tea/coffee.
TO CLEAN THE EXTERIOR
The outside of the kettle may be wiped over with a damp cloth and polished with a soft dry cloth.
NOTE: Do not use chemicals, alkaline cleaning agents, steel wool or abrasive cleaners to clean the inside or outside of the kettle. Use a mild cleaning agent with a soft damp cloth.
www.breville.com.auwww.breville.co.nzBreville is a registered trademark of Breville Pty. Ltd. A.B.N. 98 000 092 928. Copyright Breville Pty. Ltd. 2013.Due to continued product improvement, the products illustrated/photographed in this booklet may vary slightly from the actual product.BKE700 Issue – F14