It’s time appliances had a personality. Yours.
Drip CoffeeOWNER’S MANUAL
THANK YOU FOR MAKING CAFÉ A PART OF YOUR HOME.We take pride in the craftsmanship, innovation and design that goes into every Café product, and we think you will too. Among other things, registration of your appliance ensures that we can deliver important product information and warranty details when you need them.Register your Café appliance now online. Helpful websites are available in the Consumer Support section of this Owner’s Manual. You may also mail inthe pre-printed registration card included in the packing material.
Model: C7CDAAS3PD41 / C7CDAAS2PS11 / C7CDAAS3PD31 / C7CDAAS3PD21 / C7CDAAS4PW21 / C7CDAAS2PS31 / C7CDAAS2PS21 / C7CDAAS4PW41 / C7CDAAS4PW31 / C7CDAAS2PS41
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE
WARNING To reduce the risk of fire, explosion, electric shock, or injury when using your coffee maker, always follow these basic safety precautions.
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
- Use only a 120 V, 60 Hz standard electrical supply that is properly grounded in accordance with the National Electric Code and local codes and ordinances.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles and knobs.
- To protect against electric shock, do not place cord, plug, or base unit in water or other liquids.
- Product is for household use only. Do not use outdoors.
- To avoid a possible burn hazard, make sure the carafe is clean, empty and the lid is locked prior to brewing.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch a hot surface.
- Scalding may occur if the lid is removed during the brewing cycle.
- Unplug appliance before cleaning and when not in use.
- Do not operate if any component, including the cord or plug, is damaged.
- Appliances should not be used by or near children.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not attempt to disassemble, repair, modify, or replace any part of your product.
- Use this product only for its intended purpose as described in this user manual.
- Use of any accessories not recommended by the manufacturer can cause injuries.
- Keep ventilation openings in the appliance enclosures or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven. To disconnect, make sure no coffee brewing, then remove the plug from wall outlet.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
- Do not use an extension cord.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
|A Tank LidB Water ReservoirC Strength ButtonD Temperature ButtonE Auto Brew ButtonF Brew/Cancel/Select DialG Mesh Basket Filter||H Brew Basket InsertI Drip Stop LeverJ ShowerheadK Thermal CarafeL Measuring ScoopM Carbon Filter|
- Product is designed to be installed indoors. Do not use your coffee maker outdoors.
- Product must be installed upright on a flat, level surface that is able to support the total weight when full of water.
- Install the product in a well-ventilated area with an ambient temperature between 55°F and 90°F.
- Do not place the product near heat sources such as ovens or cooktops.
- Do not place the product in direct sunlight.
- Make sure product can not be accessed by children or animals.
PREPARE COFFEE MAKER FOR USE
- Carefully remove packing material. Do not use sharp tools that can damage the box contents.
- Ensure all components are present. If any item is missing, please contact us at cafeappliances.com (in Canada, contact us at cafeappliances.ca).
- Place the coffee maker upright on a flat, level surface. Make sure the coffee maker is UNPLUGGED at this time.
- Wipe the exterior with a soft, damp cloth. Wash the mesh filter, brew basket, and carafe in warm, soapy water and a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive cleansers, pads or cloths which can scratch the surface. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Coffee maker parts are NOT dishwasher safe.
- Plug the coffee maker into an electrical outlet. Clock flashes AM 12:00.
- Push the Temperature button and hold for 3 seconds. Clock illuminates on the display and the white dot on the Temperature button will illuminate.
- To set AM/PM: Rotate the Brew/ Select knob and push to select.
To set Hour: Rotate the Brew/Select knob and push to select.To set Minutes: Rotate the Brew/Select knob and push to select.After you confirm to quit, the outer ring will illuminate. The ring will not illuminate to confirm each selection.NOTE: Push and hold the Brew/Select knob for 3 seconds at any time to exit the sub-menu and revert to the previous settings.
- Push the Strength button. The strength options and Strength button illuminate. The Strength options are Gold, Light, Medium, and Bold.
GOLD: Brewing to the optimum strength using set parameters. This selection will brew coffee to the highest quality. Cups available are 1 – 10. The temperature selection is not changeable in GOLD. If at high elevation, over 5000 feet, do not use this selection.
For a more personal experience or at high elevation (over 5000 feet) utilize the Light, Medium, or Bold strength. The cup selection is from 1 to 10 by whole cup increments. The temperature selection is between 185 to 205°F. Recommendation is from 195-205° for best flavor extraction.LIGHT: Brewing to the lighter strength is for those who prefer a little lower extraction of flavor.MEDIUM: Brew to the optimum strength with the option to brew different cup sizes and to brew at different temperatures.BOLD: Bold is for those who prefer a little higher extraction of flavor.
- Rotate the Brew/Select knob to select the strength and push to select or push the Strength button to confirm your selection. The outer ring of the Brew/Select knob will illuminate to confirm selection when pushed.
This coffee maker is regulated for temperatures between 185 and 205° F. It is recommended to brew between 195 to 205° F for best flavor extraction. For altitudes over 5000 feet, use 185° F to prevent water from boiling.NOTE: Temperature can not be changed if Gold Setting is selected.
- Push the Temperature button. The Temperature button illuminates and the display shows 200.
- Rotate the Brew/Select knob to select the temperature and push to select or push the Temperature button to confirm your selection. The outer ring of the Brew/Select knob will illuminate to confirm selection when pushed.
- To switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius, press and hold the Strength and Temperature buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.CAUTION High Altitude: For use in high altitudes, adjust temperature down to 185° F so water will not boil.
- Ensure the brew basket insert and drip stop lever in the bottom of the insert are clean and that the brew basket insert is in the brew basket.
- Use either the mesh basket filter (included) or a No. 4 paper filter (not included) and place into the brew basket insert.
- Ensure the carafe (included) is clean, empty, and the lid is locked. Make sure the carafe is in place before brewing. This coffee maker will NOT brew without the carafe in place. The top of the carafe MUST be engaged with the drip stop lever on the bottom of the brew basket. If not, the water won’t flow into the carafe and the basket may overflow during the brewing cycle. If the carafe is not in place when the brewing cycle is selected, the display will show “CUPS” and the coffee maker will chime.
- Water: This coffee maker is designed to use only the amount of water for the number of cups selected to be brewed. Fill the water reservoir with fresh, clean, and odorless (free of chlorine and sulfur) water up to the MAX level indicator. DO NOT overfill the water reservoir. Water should have some minerals for best flavor. Reverse Osmosis (RO) systems or distilled water does not have minerals and is not recommended for coffee brewing.During brewing, if there is not enough water in the reservoir for the number of cups to be brewed, an error message (Add H2O) will show on the display telling you to add more water and a chime will sound. Push the knob to confirm that you are adding water. Once the water is added, push the knob again to continue brewing. DO NOT add water during brewing unless the error message is displayed.
- Coffee: The type of coffee and freshness is a large factor in the flavor, taste and aroma of brewed coffee. The grind size of the coffee is for brewing using the drip method.
- Use the scoop (included) to measure the correct amount of coffee for the number of cups you are brewing. The measuring scoop is designed for one level scoop of coffee per 4.5 oz serving of coffee being brewed (4.5 oz of water per serving is the common measurement for a regular cup of coffee).Place the coffee into the filter in the brew basket.
- After setup of strength and temperature, push the Brew/Select knob. The number of cups will illuminate on the display along with the last strength that was chosen. Rotate the Brew/Select knob to choose the number of cups of coffee you want to brew. Push the Brew/Select knob to confirm. Brewing will start.
Auto Brew will let you start brewing automatically at a preset time.
- Push the Auto Brew button for 3 seconds to program. Rotate Brew/ Select knob to select AM/PM and push to confirm. Then push the Auto Brew button to reconfirm AM/ PM. Set the hour and minutes in the same manner pressing Auto Brew after each. Next, set the number of cups by turning the Brew/Select knob and push to confirm. Set the strength and temperature in the same manner. Once all of the selections have been made, the Brew/Select knob illuminates. Push Auto Brew to confirm your choices. Auto On will illuminate to indicate that Auto Brew is active.
NOTE: If Gold strength is selected, you will not be able to select a temperature. The Gold setting is a pre-set program that includes a select temperature. Do not use for high elevations (over 5000 feet).
Pairing Mode enables all of the functions of your coffee maker to be controlled over WiFi after downloading the app. For example, you may want to customize your Auto Brew schedule – one for weekdays and one for weekends.To put your device into Pairing Mode, press and hold the Auto Brew and Temperature buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. You should see the WiFi symbol illuminate under the Time Display. Now your device is ready for Pairing using the instructions given in the app.
Your coffee maker is Café WiFi Connect Enabled. A WiFi communication card is built into the product allowing it to communicate with your Smart Phone for remote monitoring, control, and notifications. Please visit cafeappliances.com/connect to learn more about connected appliance features, and to learn what connected appliance App’s will work with your Smart Phone.WiFi Connectivity: For assistance with the appliance or the network connectivity, please visit cafeappliances.com/connect.
FCC/IC COMPLIANCE STATEMENT:This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/television technician for help.
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. Labelling: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. ConnectPlus module only (or similar communication module)RF Exposure – This device is only authorized for use in a mobile application. At least 20 cm of separation distance between the ConnectPlus device and the user’s body must be maintained at all times.
Care and Cleaning
CAUTION Always unplug your coffee maker before cleaning.
CLEANING THE OUTSIDE OF THE COFFEE MAKERClean the outside of the coffee maker with a soft, damp cloth. Do not use paper towels or abrasive cloths and cleaners as they may scratch the finish.
CLEANING THE BREW BASKET AND MESH BASKET FILTERRemove the mesh basket filter and brew basket. Discard any ground coffee. After each brew, rinse the mesh basket filter and brew basket under running water. For a deeper clean, wash in warm soapy water with a soft bristled brush. These parts are NOT dishwasher safe.
CLEANING THE CARAFEAfter each use, empty the carafe. Rinse the carafe and lid under warm running water. Letting coffee stand overnight in the carafe can lead to staining. For a deeper clean, wash regularly in warm, soapy water and a soft bristled brush. Do not use abrasive cleaners as they may scratch the finish. Rinse and dry thoroughly. The carafe and lid are NOT dishwasher safe
DESCALINGHard water can cause mineral build-up on internal components. This can cause a change in taste of the coffee, brewing temperature and brewing flow. The coffee maker needs to be descaled regularly.To descale, use a mixture of half water/half vinegar. Fill the reservoir to the MAX indicator. Run the coffee maker through a brewing cycle using the 10 cup setting. Once the mixture is gone, run the 10 cup brew setting 3 times using clear water in the reservoir.NOTE: When descaling, if carafe is removed, heater and pump is shut off and displays “Err” error code, after 2 minutes the screen will return to idle clock state. To fix error place the carafe back in place.
REMOVE THE FILTERTo remove filter cage from the water reservoir, use a spoon to wedge under the side tab and lift up the cage. To replace, simply push into hole until the cage sets into place.
SHOWERHEADThe showerhead can be removed by rotating and pulling it out. Make sure the Unlock icon is lined up with the arrow in order to remove. For a deeper clean, wash regularly in warm, soapy water and a soft bristled brush. Do not use abrasive cleaners as they may scratch the finish. Rinse and dry thoroughly.Notes
|For the Period of:||Café Appliances Covers|
|One YearFrom the date of the original purchase||If the Coffee Maker fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship, during the limited one-year warranty, GE Appliances will either replace or refurbish your product with a new or remanufactured product, or refund the purchase price of the product at GE Appliances sole discretion.|
What Café Appliances Will Not Cover:
- Improper installation, delivery or maintenance.
- Failure of the product if it is abused, misused, or used for other than the intended purpose or used commercially.
- Damage caused after delivery.
- Damage to the product caused by accident, fire, floods or acts of God.
- Incidental or consequential damage caused by possible defects with this appliance.
- Software bugs that can be corrected with an update via the Café App
- Labor and other charges to install and/ or remove the product
EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIESYour sole and exclusive remedies are product exchange or refund as provided in this Limited Warranty. Any implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to one year or the shortest period allowed by law.
For sale in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Canada only:This limited warranty is extended to the original purchaser for products purchased for home use within the USA. In Alaska and Hawaii, the limited warranty does not include the costs of shipping units. California residents may gave additional return options. Please ask call center for additional information. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. To know what your legal rights are, consult your local or state consumer affairs office or your state’s Attorney General.
Warrantor: GE Appliances, a Haier companyLouisville, KY 40225
CAFÉ WEBSITEHave a question or need assistance with your appliance? Try the Café Appliances Website 24 hours a day, any day of the year! You can also shop for more great Café Appliances products and take advantage of all our on-line support services designed for your convenience. cafeappliances.com
REGISTER YOUR APPLIANCERegister your new appliance on-line at your convenience! Timely product registration will allow for enhanced communication and prompt service under the terms of your warranty, should the need arise. You may also mail in the pre-printed registration card included in the packing material. cafeappliances.com/register
PARTS AND ACCESSORIESIndividuals qualified to service their own appliances can have parts or accessories sent directly to their homes (VISA, MasterCard and Discover cards are accepted). Order on-line today 24 hours every day. cafeappliances.com/parts Instructions contained in this manual cover procedures to be performed by any user. Other servicing generally should be referred to qualified service personnel. Caution must be exercised, since improper servicing may cause unsafe operation.
CONTACT USIf you are not satisfied with the service you receive from Café Appliances, contact us on our Website with all the details including your phone number, or write to: General Manager, General Manager, Customer Relations | GE Appliances, Appliance Park | Louisville, KY 40225 cafeappliances.com/contact49-6000229 Rev. 1 07-20 GEA
CafÃ©, Customizable Kitchen Appliances for the Modern Home
Café, Customizable Kitchen Appliances for the Modern Home
CafÃ©, Customizable Kitchen Appliances for the Modern Home
How to Connect Your Smart Appliances with SmartHQ App | CafÃ©
GE Appliance Parts | Appliance Parts, Accessories & Water Filters