Centaur CEN-IND1800E Portable Countertop Induction Range
- Please read instructions before using this appliance.
- When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury.
- Clean machine thoroughly before and after each use following the cleaning instructions provided below.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Warning! All power must be disconnected at power source before any service procedure is performed.
- This appliance is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Keep combustible materials, such as drapes and other furnishings, away from appliance.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children and whenever the appliance is left unattended.
- Always unplug appliance when not in use and before cleaning, adjusting, or maintaining this machine. To disconnect appliance, turn controls off and remove plug from power source.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged or altered cord or plug, after the appliance malfunctions, has been dropped, or damaged. Return appliance to an authorized service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- Do not use outdoors. This appliance is not intended for use in wet or moist locations. Never locate appliance where it may fall into water.
- Connect to properly grounded outlets only. Avoid the use of extension cords. Do not run cord under carpeting, runners, or the like. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- To reduce the risk of fire, it is recommended that the unit is placed on a non-combustible surface.
- This appliance has electrical parts. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Do not heat an empty pot.
- Do not place metallic objects on the cooking surface.
- Maintain a minimum of 1″ space around the cooking unit.
- Do not block air intake or exhaust vent.
- Do not touch the cooking surface immediately after removing a pan; it will still be hot.
- Do not place cooking unit close to objects that are affected by magnets.
Plug unit into a grounded outlet with correct voltage and sufficient power capacity. Refer to the product label (serial plate) on the unit for voltage and wattage requirements.
- Plug cord into grounded electrical outlet of the correct voltage.
- When properly connected, the induction cooker will beep once and the light above the ON/OFF button will blink, indicating power has been applied to the unit. If the power indicator light is not illuminated and the unit is plugged in, check the power cord connection.
- Place suitable cookware onto the cooking surface. The cooktop surface will not heat up if the wrong typed of cookware is used or there is no cookware on the surface. Never place empty cookware on the cooker.
- Set “Heating”. Press the ON/OFF button once. The “HEATING” indicator light will illuminate below the selected function. The default is LOW. Press the UP or DOWN arrow to the desired heat setting. Press “FUNCTION” (f-key) to toggle between “HEATING” and “TEMP”. The indicator light under each function will illuminate to indicate which function is ready to be set.
- Set TEMP”. Press the FUNCTION (f-key) to toggle to TEMP. Set the temperature. The TEMP indicator light will illuminate below the selected function. Press UP or DOWN to adjust the induction cooker to the desired temperature (150°F – 450°F).
- Set TIMER-ON, OFF and RESET. If the TIMER is not set, the induction cooker will function in ON mode up to two hours.A. Press SET TIME. The indicator light will illuminate below the selection for TIMER and the LED display will show a number in the display window.B. Press UP or DOWN to adjust the timer from 0 170 minutes. Press the UP/DOWN buttons repeatedly to set the timer minute by minute or to move quickly through the timer, press and hold the UP or DOWN button to the desired time. Once you have reached the desired set time, the LED displayed number will blink. After a few seconds, it will stop flashing and the timer is set. The timer is running if the TIMER indicator light is illuminated and the display window has a number in it.C. To adjust the set time while the timer is running, press the SET TIME button and adjust the time by pressing UP or DOWN. Once you have reached the desired set time, the LED display number will blink. After a few seconds, it will stop flashing and the timer is set.D. You may also choose the RESET TIME button. This button cancels a set time completely and allows the induction cooker to stay on. To reset a new time using the RESET TIME button, press the RESET TIME button and then follow the TIMER ON instructions in #6 on the previous page. Timer finishes when the display reads “0. The induction cooker will beep four times indicating time has ended and the cooker is powering down. The induction cooker will shut off automatically after the TIMER reaches “)”. The cooktop will power down, the fan will cool the unit and will shut off (approximately one minute after the induction cooker powers down).
- Turn the induction cooker OFF and/or disconnect power to the unit after use. After cooking/warming is complete, press the ON/OFF button to turn off the unit. The cooker will stop heating, the fan will cool the unit and the unit will shut off. As long as the ON/OFF indicator light is illuminated and/or blinking, there is power to the unit.
- The temperature of accessible surfaces may be hot when the appliance is operating.
NOTE: Proper maintenance plays an important part in the life span and functioning of the unit.
- Unplug the cord and let unit cool before cleaning or moving.
- Do not use benzine, thinner, scrubbing brush or polishing powder to clean the induction cooker.
- Wipe using mild dish washing cleaner and damp cloth.
- Do not immerse in water or other liquid. Do not clean with a water jet.
To avoid serious injury or damage, do not repair the induction cooker or replace a damaged power cord yourself. Repairs must be coordinated through: Global Solutions customer service at 1-800-782-6761.
|E01||Induction cooker overheats||Clear all obstacles that block the vent under the bottom of the induction cooker, then placed the cooker in an open area and try again after the unit cools down.|
|E03||Voltage under load/over load||Make sure the voltage and frequency comply with the rating label shown on the product.|
- Use steel, cast iron, enameled iron, stainless steel flat-bottomed pans/pots with diameter from 5″ 10″.
- Do not use heat-resistant glass, ceramic, copper, aluminum pans/pots or round bottomed pans or pans with bottom diameter of less than 5″.