Panini/Sandwich GrillModel Series: CEN-SAN10, CEN-PAN10
- Read These Operating Instructions thoroughly before installing or using this Equipment. Improper installation or use can result in equipment or property damage, electric shock, or personal injury.
- Centaur Panini/Sandwich Grills are heavy-duty and are designed for commercial use.
- Only trained personnel should operate this equipment.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Plug electrical cord into a certified electrical outlet with a corresponding voltage rating as listed on the machine modellabels.
- Always unplug the electric cord when the appliance is not in use and before cleaning, adjusting, or maintaining this machine.Do not operate with a damaged cord or plug or after the machine malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged. Useauthorized service for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- This machine will be HOT during use and for a short time after it is turned off – BE CAREFUL. Do not let children nearappliances. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Keep combustible materials away from appliances.
- Never leave a Panini/Sandwich Grill unattended.
- This appliance is not intended for use near or around water. Never locate an appliance where it may fall into a vessel ofwater.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electrical shock,fire, or damage to the appliance. Do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces whereopenings may become blocked.
- The grill is capable of reaching very high temperatures. Follow all safety procedures to avoid injury.
Electrical Requirements :
WARNINGELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARDPlug Into a grounded 3-prong outlet.Do not remove the ground prong.Do not use an adapter.Do not use an extension cord.Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, fire, or electrical shock
Refer to the product tag (serial plate) on the back of the unit for voltage and wattage requirements. Be sure to plug the unitinto a grounded outlet with sufficient power.WARNING: DURING NORMAL OPERATION, THE EXTERIOR OF THE UNIT IS HOT!
- Remove all packing pieces and lift the unit out of the box.
- Remove any outside packaging.
- Set unit on a flat surface.
- Position the unit near a power outlet. Avoid the use of extension cords. Do not run cord under carpeting or cover with runners or the like. Arrange cord where it will not be tripped over.
- This appliance has hot and live electrical parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored. Caution: To reduce the risk of fire, the appliance is to be mounted on floors of noncombustible construction with noncombustible flooring and surface finish and with no combustible material against the underside thereof, or on noncombustible slabs or arches having no combustible material against the underside thereof. Such construction shall in all cases extend not less than 12 inches beyond the equipment on all sides.
- Remove any white plastic coating that may be affixed to stainless steel surfaces.
- If the unit fails to work properly when first operated call Global Solutions customer service at 1-800-782-6761.
Grilling Tips :
- Never touch the grilling surface while the power is on or the cooking surface is hot.
- Never use pots and pans on the grill surface. The grill surface was designed to cook food, not to heat pots.
- Your Panini/Sandwich Grill as designed to prepare food, do not use it for any other purpose.
- Never place foil or plastic on the grill surface.
- Before using the Panini/Sandwich Grill for the first time, it should be “burned in”. First, wash the grill surfacewith soap and water, then dry thoroughly.
- Use non-stick spray on the surface of the plate.
- Use the handle to raise and lower the top of the Panini/Sandwich Grill to avoid injury.
- The grill preheats in 2-3 minutes. To preheat, simply set the desired cooking temperature and close the top.
- Sandwiches will take between 2-5 minutes to heat through. The cooking time depends on the bread used and the ingredients on the sandwich.
- Most of your sandwiches should be grilled at temperatures between 480°F – 540°F.
- Use light pressure when lowering the top grill plate to assure a perfectly cooked sandwich. Excessive pressure will not speed up the cooking process and product quality may be compromised.
- To keep the grill clean between sandwiches, simply wipe the grill surfaces with a clean, oiled paper towel.
- To disconnect the appliance, turn controls to off and remove the plug from the outlet.
Cooking Function Symbols
- Power light – When the light is on, the grill has power.
- Thermostat Control Dial – Turn the dial clockwise to set the desired temperature.
WARNINGBURN HAZARDAllow equipment to cool before moving or cleaning to avoid injury or burns.NOTE: Proper maintenance plays an important part in the life span and functioning of the unit.
- Allow the unit to cool for 30 minutes.
- Use a non-abrasive cleaner to clean the grill plates.
- Cleaning the appliance on a daily basis is the key to keeping it in perfect working condition and prolonging its life. Clean the outside of the appliance with a damp cloth using water and mild soap that is not abrasive. Such abrasive cleaners should not be used to clean the floor near the appliance as their fumes may deposit on the steel surfaces and damage them. If the grill is very dirty, use a synthetic scrub sponge, rinse it off with clean water and wipe it dry with a clean cloth.
- Never use direct water jets to clean the grill as this could result in water entering into the grill and damaging it.
WARNINGELECTRICAL EQUIPMENTDisconnect electric power supplies before servicing or cleaning.If the unit fails to operate properly, call Global Solutions customer service toll-free at 1-800-7826761.
November 10, 2020