Model Series:CEN-FRY10, CEN-FRY16, CEN-FRY32
- Read These Operating Instructions thoroughly before installing or using this Equipment. Improper installation or use can result in equipment or property damage, electric shock or personal injury.
- Centaur deep fryers are heavy duty and are designed for commercial use.
- Only trained personnel should operate this equipment.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Plug electrical cord into a certified electrical outlet with a corresponding voltage rating as listed on the machine model labels.
- Always unplug the electric cord when appliance is not in use and before cleaning, adjusting or maintaining this machine.Do not operate with a damaged cord or plug or after the machine malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged. Useauthorized service for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment or repair.
- This machine will be HOT during use and for a short time after it is turned off – BE CAREFUL. Do not let children nearappliance. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Keep combustible materials away from appliance.
- Never leave an operating fryer unattended. Remember, hot oil is dangerous.
- This appliance is not intended for use near or around water. Never locate appliance where it may fall into a vessel of water.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electrical shock,fire or damage to the appliance. Do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces where openings may become blocked.
Electrical Requirements :
ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD
Plug into a grounded 3-prong outlet. Do not remove the ground prong. Do not use an adapter. Do not use an extension cord. Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, fire, or electrical shock.
Refer to the product tag (serial plate) on the back of the unit for voltage and wattage requirements. Be sure to plug unitinto grounded outlet with sufficient power.
WARNING: DURING NORMAL OPERATION, THE EXTERIOR OF THE UNIT IS HOT!
- Remove all packing pieces and lift unit out of the box.
- Remove any outside packaging.
- Set unit on a flat surface.
- Position the unit near a power outlet. Avoid the use of extension cords. Do not run cord under carpeting orcover with runners or the like. Arrange cord where it will not be tripped over.
- This appliance has hot and live electrical parts inside.Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored.Caution: To reduce the risk of fire, the appliance is to be mounted on floors of noncombustible construction with noncombustible flooring and surface finish and with no combustible material against the underside thereof, or on noncombustible slabs or arches having no combustible material against the underside thereof.Such construction shall in all cases extend not less than 12 inches beyond the equipment on all sides.
- Remove any white plastic coating that may be affixed to stainless steel surfaces.
- If unit fails to work properly when first operated callGlobal Solutions customer service at 1-800-782-6761.
Frying Tips :
- Always use fresh oil.
- Food to be fried should always be as dry as possible.Frying foods with high moisture content causes oil to foam and overflow.
- The maximum amount of food to be fried at one time is half the basket capacity.
- When oil level approaches the minimum level line marked on the side of the tank, add oil until themaximum level line is reached. If oil is added while fryer is hot, add cold oil and be careful so oil is not splashed.
- Too little oil in the tank may result in overheating.
- Never leave the fryer with no oil in the tank. Should this happen, the safety thermostat will turn off the appliance.
- Fry baskets should be used to cook food.
- The fryer is equipped with a safety thermostat that stops in the event that oil temperature exceeds 455F.
- The deep fat fryer is intended to cook fresh or deepfrozen products and to fry half-cooked productscontinuously.
- The manufacturer cannot be held liable for any faults caused by defective installation or inappropriate use ofthe appliance. In such case, the warranty shall be null and void.Switching the cooking zone on – Push the SWITCH on and turn the knob clockwise.
- Selecting a cooking level – Turn knob to the desired cooking level. Oil temperature can be selectedbetween 250°F – 375°F.
- Switching the cooking zone off – turn the regulator to the “OFF” position and push the SWITCH off.
- Bake food products according to their cooking instructions. (Top and bottom of heaters can beoperated independently)
- To disconnect appliance, turn controls to off and remove plug from outlet.
Cooking Function Symbols
- ON/OFF Switch – When switch is on, inside green indicator lamp is on, the fryer is supplied the power.
- Working Light – When the yellow (or red) indicator lamp is on, the heater is working.
- Thermostat Control Dial – turn the dial clockwise to set the desired temperature.
Allow equipment to cool before moving or cleaning to avoid injury or burns.
NOTE: Proper maintenance plays an important part in the life span and functioning of the unit.
- Turn the temperature control to the OFF position.Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the unit to cool 30 minutes.
- Drain oil from tank.
- Cleaning the appliance on a daily basis is the key to keeping it in perfect working condition and prolongingits life. Clean the appliance with a damp cloth using water and mild soap that is not abrasive. Such abrasive cleaners should not be used to clean the floor near the appliance as their fumes may deposit on the steel surfaces and damage them. If the fryer is very dirty, use a synthetic scrub sponge, rinse it off with clean water and wipe it dry with a clean cloth. Do notclean the appliance with steel wool pads.
- Never use direct water jets to clean the fryer as this could result in water entering into the fryer and damaging it.
SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS :
Disconnect electric power supplies before servicing or cleaning.
If the unit fails to operate properly, call Global Solutions customer service toll free at 1-800-7826761.
November 10, 2020