Cuisinart Power Advantage HM-90SWS Series 9-Speed CountUp Hand Mixer
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put the hand mixer motor housing or cord in water or other liquids. If hand mixer motor housing or cord falls into liquid, unplug the cord from outlet immediately. Do not reach into the liquid.
- To avoid possible accidental injury, close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning.
- Avoid contact with moving parts. Keep hands, hair, clothing, as well as spatulas and other utensils away from beaters during operation to reduce risk of injury to persons, and/or damage to the mixer.
- Remove beaters from the mixer before washing.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance to Customer Service (see Warranty) for examination, repair, mechanical or electrical adjustment.
- The use of attachments not recommended by Cuisinart may cause fire, electrical shock, or risk of injury.
- Do not use outdoors or anywhere the cord or mixer might come into contact with water while in use.
- To avoid possibility of mixer being accidentally pulled off work area, which could result in damage to the mixer or in personal injury, do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
- To avoid damage to cord and possible fire or electrocution hazard, do not let cord come into contact with hot surfaces, including the stove.
- The chef’s whisk should be used without any other attachment.
- Do not operate your appliance in an appliance garage or under a wall cabinet. When storing in an appliance garage, always unplug the unit from the electrical outlet. Not doing so could create a risk of fire, especially if the appliance touches the walls of the garage or the door touches the unit as it closesSAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
NOTICE: This appliance has a polarized plug (one prong is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plug in any way.
USE AND CARE
Turning Mixer On/Off
Plug mixer into outlet. Press ON switch to turn mixer on. Mixer will immediately begin to mix on Speed 1. To turn mixer off, press OFF switch.
- Press OFF switch and unplug mixer.
- Insert beater with collar into the larger hole. Push beater in until it clicks into place. Insert the beater without collar into the smaller hole. Push beater in until it clicks into place.
Inserting Chef’s Whisk
- Press OFF switch and unplug mixer.
- Hold chef’s whisk at stem end, and insert into either hole. Push whisk in until it clicks. DO NOT PUSH WHISK IN FROM WIRE END, AS YOU MAY DAMAGE WIRES.
Turn the mixer on and the CountUp™ Timer starts automatically. It then stops automatically when you turn the hand mixer off. The time will remain in the time display window for 1 to 2 seconds after you turn off the hand mixer. Wait for the display window to go blank before turning the hand mixer on again.
Select from 9 speed settings. Press the button marked “+” to increase speed. Press the button marked “–” to decrease speed. This allows you to change speeds quickly while you are mixing. If you want to skip speeds, just hold the button down and speeds will change more quickly.
Attaching and Removing Storage Case from Mixer
Place accessories in case, then tuck in the mixer cord. Align the tab on the back of the case with the bottom air vent in the back of the mixer. Gently push down the front of the mixer into case to secure. To remove the mixer from the case, hold case firmly and slightly push toward the back of the mixer while lifting the mixer up from the front. Pull out the mixer from tab in the back of the case
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Before cleaning the Power Advantage® Hand Mixer, press the OFF switch and unplug from wall outlet.
- Lift the beater release lever and remove the attachments from the mixer. Wash them after each use in hot, soapy water or in a dishwasher.
- NEVER PUT THE MOTOR HOUSING IN WATER OR OTHER LIQUIDS TO CLEAN. Wipe it with a damp cloth or sponge. Do not use abrasive cleansers, which could scratch the surface.
- Any other servicing should be performed by an authorized service representative.
LIMITED THREE-YEAR WARRANTY
This warranty is available to consumers only. You are a consumer if you own a Cuisinart® Power Advantage® 9-Speed CountUpTM Hand Mixer with Storage Case that was purchased at retail for personal, family or household use. Except as otherwise required under applicable law, this warranty is not available to retailers or other commercial purchasers or owners. We warrant that your Cuisinart® Power Advantage® 9-Speed CountUpTM Hand Mixer with Storage Case will be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal home use for 3 years from the date of original purchase. We recommend that you visit our website, www. cuisinart.com, for a fast, efficient way to complete your product registration. However, product registration does not eliminate the need for the consumer to maintain the original proof of purchase in order to obtain the warranty benefits. In the event that you do not have proof of purchase date, the purchase date for purposes of this warranty will be the date of manufacture. If your Cuisinart® Power Advantage® 9-Speed CountUpTM Hand Mixer with Storage Case should prove to be defective within the warranty period,we will repair it, or if we think necessary, replace it.
To obtain warranty service, simply call our toll-free number 1-800-726-0190 for additional information from our Customer Service Representatives, or send the defective product to Customer Service at Cuisinart, 7475 North Glen Harbor Blvd., Glendale, AZ 85307. To facilitate the speed and accuracy of your return, please enclose $10.00 for shipping and handling of the product. Please pay by check or money order (California residents need only supply proof of purchase and should call 1-800-726-0190 for shipping instructions).
NOTE: For added protection and secure handling of any Cuisinart® product that is being returned, we recommend you use a traceable, insured delivery service. Cuisinart cannot be held responsible for in-transit damage or for packages that are notdelivered to us. Lost and/or damaged products are not covered under warranty. Please be sure to include your return address, daytime phone number, description of the product defect, product model number (located on bottom of product), original date of purchase, and any other information pertinent to the product’s return. Your Cuisinart® Power Advantage® 9-Speed CountUpTM Hand Mixer with Storage Case has been manufactured to the strictest specificationsand has been designed for use with the authorized accessories and replacement parts. This warranty expressly excludes any defects or damages caused by accessories, replacement parts or repair service other than those that have been authorized by Cuisinart This warranty does not cover any damage caused by accident, misuse, shipment or other ordinary household use.
This warranty excludes all incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of these damages, so these exclusions may not apply to you.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY:
California law provides that for In-Warranty Service, California residents have the option of returning a nonconforming product (A) to the store where it was purchased or (B) to another retail store that sells Cuisinart products of the same type. The retail store shall then, at its discretion, either repair the product, refer the consumer to an independent repair facility, replace the product or refund the purchase price less the amount directly attributable to the consumer’s prior usage of the product. If the above two options do not result in the appropriate relief to the consumer, the consumer may then take the product to an independent repair facility if service or repair can be economically accomplished. Cuisinart and notthe consumer will be responsible for the reasonable cost of such service, repair, replacement or refund for nonconforming products under warranty. California residents may also, according to their preference, return nonconforming products directlyto Cuisinart for repair, or if necessary, replacement, by calling our Consumer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-726-0190. Cuisinart will be responsible for the cost of the repair, replacement, and shipping and handling for such products under warranty
BEFORE RETURNING YOUR CUISINART PRODUCT
If you are experiencing problems with your Cuisinart product, we suggest that you call our Consumer Service Center at 1-800-726-0190 before returning the product to be serviced. If servicing is needed, a Representative can confirm whether the product is under warranty and direct you to the nearest service location.
Your Cuisinart® Power Advantage® 9-Speed CountUpTM Hand Mixer with Storage Case has been manufactured to the strictest specifications and has been designed for use only in 120 volt outlets and only with authorized accessories and replacement parts. This warranty expressly excludes any defects or damages caused by attempted use of this unit with a converter, as well as use with accessories, replacement parts or repair service other than those authorized by Cuisinart. Thiswarranty does not cover any damage caused by accident, misuse, shipment or other than ordinary household use. This warranty excludes all incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of these damages, so these exclusions may not apply to you. You may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Important: If the nonconforming product is to be serviced by someone other than Cuisinart’s Authorized Service Center, please remind the servicer to call our Consumer Service Center at 1-800-726-0190 to ensure that the problem is properly diagnosed, the product is serviced with the correct parts and the product is still under warranty.