DJO DJ253-1 EpiForce Elastic Knitted Elbow Support
BEFORE USING THE DEVICE, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY. CORRECT APPLICATION IS VITAL TO THE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF THE DEVICE.
INTENDED USER PROFILE
The intended user should be a licensed medical professional, the patient or the patient’s caregiver. The user should be able to read, understand and be physically capable of performing the directions, warnings and cautions in the information for use.
Elbow support with epicondyle silicone inserts for support and compression
- Silicone inserts help relieve pressure on the elbow muscles
- Removable strap to adjust compression level
- Comfort zone in elbow crease for comfort of wear
- 3-D anatomically contoured knit provides comfortable, uniform compression
- Breathable material
- Chronic, post-traumatic or postoperative soft tissue inflammation of the elbow joint
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Mild Osteoarthritis · Rheumatoid arthritis · Bursitis
The support should only be used after consulting a health care professional if you suffer from the following symptoms:
- Skin diseases and injuries in the injured area (e.g. allergy-related skin changes, irritations, scars with swelling, redness, hyperthermia)
- Lymphatic disorders, indistinct soft tissue swelling on affected area
- Circulatory or sensory disorders in affected area
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
- If pain, swelling, changes in sensation or other unusual reactions occur while using this product, you should contact your doctor immediately.
- Do not use this device if it was damaged and/or packaging has been opened.
- Roll down the top blue border of the support as far as the silicone inserts.
- Holding the medial (internal) silicone insert, pull the support over the arm and elbow.Ensure that the small hole in the lateral (external) silicone insert is placed over the lateral epicondyle. Ensure the Donjoy logo is facing to the front.
- If needed, attach the removable strap to the small velours piece on the front of the support and wrap it around the forearm. The strap will provide additional compression when the muscles are contracted. Avoid tightening the strap too much and loosen it immediately if you feel it is too tight.
Advice: When using the removable strap, avoid direct contact between the Hook & Loop of the strap and the knitted support, as this will damage the visual aspect of the knit.
- If worn directly on the skin, the skin should be free from injuries, moisture, oils, creams, gels or similar residues when support is being used.
- The support should not be worn for more than 8 hours a day.
- With proper use and the observance of all instructions, no pressure points should occur.
- The manufacturer shall bear no responsibility for any changes to the product or incorrect usage.
- Hand wash in lukewarm water (30 °C) with a mild detergent.
- Air dry (do not place on radiators/heaters or other heat sources).
- Do not use bleach or chlorine, do not iron.
- Knitted material: Polyamid, elastin, polyester, natural rubber latex
- Insert: silicone
- Internal Cover: terry cloth
- Strap: Polyamid
|CAUTION: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS NATURAL RUBBER LATEX WHICH MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTIONS.|
FOR SINGLE PATIENT USE ONLY
DJO, LLC will repair or replace all or part of the unit and its accessories for material or workmanship defects for a period of six months from the date of sale.
|NOTICE: WHILE EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE IN STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNIQUES TO OBTAIN THE MAXIMUM COMPATIBILITY OF FUNCTION, STRENGTH, DURABILITY AND COMFORT, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT INJURY WILL BE PREVENTED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT.|