DOMOSoup MakerInstruction Manual
Read all instructions carefully
Save this instruction manual for future reference.
Dear client ,All of our products are always submitted to a strict quality control before they are sold to you.Should you nevertheless experience problems with your device, we sincerely regret this.In that case, we kindly request you to contact our customer service.Our staff will gladly assist you.
Phone: +32 14 21 71 91Email:
Monday – Thursday: 8.30 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 17.00Friday: 8.30 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 16.30
This appliance has a two year warranty period. During this period the manufacturer is responsible for any failures that are the direct result of construction failure. When these failures occur the appliance will be repaired or replaced if necessary. The warranty will not be valid when the damage to the appliance is caused by wrong use, not following the instructions or repairs executed by a third party. The guarantee is issued with the original till receipt. All parts, which are subject to wear, are excluded from the warranty.If your device breaks down within the 2-year warranty period, you can return the device together with your receipt to the shop where you purchased it.
The guarantee on accessories and components that are liable to wear-and-tear is only 6 months.
The guarantee and responsibility of the supplier and manufacturer lapse automatically in the following cases:
- If the instructions in this manual have not been followed.
- In case of incorrect connection, e.g., electrical voltage that is too high.
- In case of incorrect, rough or abnormal use.
- In case of insufficient or incorrect maintenance.
- In case of repairs or alterations to the device by the consumer or non-authorised third parties.
- If the customer used parts or accessories that are not recommended or provided by the supplier /manufacturer.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
- Read all instructions carefully. Keep this manual for future reference.
- Make sure all packaging materials and promotional stickers have been removed before using the appliance for the first time. Make sure children cannot play with the packaging materials.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:1. staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;2. farm houses;3. by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;4· bed and breakfast type environments.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 16 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are older than 16 and supervised.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children younger than 16 years.
- Attention: This appliance cannot be used with an external timer or a separate remote control.
- Before use, check if the voltage stated on the appliance corresponds with the voltage of the power net at your home.
- Do not let the cord hang on a hot surface or on the edge of a table or counter top.
- Never use the appliance when the cord or plug is damaged, after malfunction or when the appliance itself is damaged. In that case, take the appliance to the nearest qualified service center for check-up and repair.
- Close supervision is necessary when the appliance is used near or by children.
- The use of accessories that are not recommended or sold by the manufacturer can cause fire, electrical shock or injuries.
- Unplug the appliance when it is not in use, before assembling or disassembling any parts and before cleaning the appliance. Put all buttons and knobs into the ‘off’ position and unplug the appliance by grasping the plug. Never unplug by pulling the cord.
- Do not leave a working appliance unattended.
- Never place this appliance near a gas stove or electrical stove or in a place where it may come intocontact with a warm appliance.
- Do not use the appliance outdoors.
- Only use the appliance for its intended use.
- Always use the appliance on a steady, dry and level surface.
- Only use the appliance for domestic use. The manufacturer can not be held responsible for accidents that result from improper use of the appliance or not following the instructions described in this manual.
- All repairs should be carried out by the manufacturer or its aftersales service.
- Never immerse the appliance, the cord or the plug in water or any other liquid.
- Make sure that children do not touch the cord or appliance.
- Keep the cord away from sharp edges and hot parts or other heat sources.
- Before use, remove all packaging materials and any promotional stickers.
- Never leave the appliance unattended while it is functioning.
- Do not use or store this appliance outdoors.
- Do not use this appliance for other than intended use.
- Check carefully that the voltage and frequency of the power net match the indications on the rating label of the appliance.
- The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is installed and grounded in accordance with all local standards and requirements.
- Only use the utensils delivered with the appliance.
- Do not operate this appliance with a damaged cord or plug or in the event the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the DOMO Service Department or its service agent for examination, repair, or electrical or mechanical adjustment. Do not try to repair the appliance yourself.
- To protect against electrical shock or burns, do not immerse unit, cord, or plug in water or other liquid.
- Do not operate the appliance with wet hands.
- A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. DO NOT USE WITH AN EXTENSION CORD.
- Unwrap the cord completely to prevent overheating of the cord.
- Do not let the power supply cord hang over the edge of a counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not allow the power cord supply to run underneath or around the unit.
- Never pull the cord or appliance to remove the plug from the socket.
- Do not use the appliance if there is any water in it or the parts are still wet after cleaning.
- Do not use the appliance without ingredients.
- Handle with great care when using sharp accessories like knives. Only touch the accessories when they topped moving inside the appliance.
- Failure to maintain this appliance in a clean condition could adversely affect the life of the appliance and possibly result in a hazardous situation.
- Any injury or damage caused by failure to comply with these rules are at your own risk. Neither the manufacturer, importer, or the supplier may be held liable.
- The surfaces of the appliance are likely to get hot during use. It is advised not to touch the surfaces of the appliance other than the handles to avoid burns.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- Overfill sensor
- Control panel
- Power socket
- Sieve for vegetable milk
9. Setting button ‘SELECT’10. On-off button ‘START/STOP’11. Indication juice-function12. Indication jam-function13. Indication extra smooth-function14. Indication soy/nut milk-function15. Indication smooth-function16. Indication chunky-function17. Indication blend/clean-function
BEFORE THE FIRST USE
- Make sure all packaging materials and promotional stickers have been removed before using the appliance for the first time.
- Before using the device, clean it with a moist cloth.
- Ensure the soup maker is unplugged before adding the ingredients.
- Remove the lid. Be careful not to touch the blade.
- Place all the ingredients in the soup maker.
- Add the water or broth last, filling it up to between the min and max indication lines. Make sure that the appliance is always filled between the minimum (1200 ml) and maximum (2200 ml) indicators.
- Place the lid back onto the jug. Ensure it is securely in place.
- Plug the cable in the power socket at the bottom of the handle. The indicator lights will blink one by one.
- Select the required program (juice, jam, extra smooth, soy/nut milk, smooth, chunky, blend/clean) by pressing the setting button ‘SELECT’. Confirm with the start button ‘START/STOP‘.! Attention: the jug will heat up.
- When the programme is finished, a signal will sound for one minute. After one minute, the appliance will turn itself off automatically. Be careful when you pour out the soup!
- if you want to turn the appliance off during the programme or want to change the programme, press and hold the on/off button for a few seconds.
- Do not use the appliance without ingredients.
If you have forgotten to add an ingredient, you can still do this while the appliance is running by just removing the lid from the appliance. The soup maker will remember the current programme for 2 minutes. Add the forgotten ingredients and replace the lid. The programme will continue.
The juice function is ideal for preparing a smoothie, milkshake or other cold drinks. The programmetakes 2 minutes. When completed, the ‘juice’ indicator light and a signal will sound for one minute. Thisprogramme mixes only and therefore does not heat up the ingredients. Attention: do not use ice cubes.
Jam: heat + mixing
The jam function is perfect for preparing a delicious jam. The programme takes 25 minutes. During this time, the machine regularly heats and blends so you achieve the correct structure for a delicious jam. The programme is completed when a signal is sounded for one minute.Note: This function is not suitable for making soup, because the mixing and heating time is set differently.
Extra smooth: warm up + extra mixing
The extra smooth function ensures that you get a very finely blended soup. Using this function, you can easily whip up a velouté. The programme takes 30 minutes. In that time, the machine cooks the vegetables and regularly mixes them, so that the soup is finely blended when finished. The programme is completed when a signal is sounded for one minute.
Soy/nut milk: heating + mixing
With this function you can make vegetable milk such as almond milk, oat milk, hazelnut milk, macadamia milk, rice milk, spelt milk, soya milk, coconut milk,… The program takes 30 minutes. The program ends when you hear a beep for one minute. Afterwards you can filter the milk with the supplied sieve. See the recipe booklet for inspiration.
Smooth: heat + mix
The smooth-function is perfect for a soup with a smooth consistency. The program lasts for 21 minutes.The program ensures the ingredients are blended to the right consistency and gently cooked at the right temperature. At first the appliance will start heating, en the vegetables will be cooked. After 11 minutes the soup maker mixes the ingredients briefly. After this the soup will boil. After 15 minutes the appliance will mix the soup briefly for a second time. After 18 minutes the soup will by mixed to a smooth consistency. The programme is completed when the ‘smooth’ indicator light begins to flash and a signal is sounded for one minute.
The chunky-function is perfect for soups requiring a chunkier consistency. For chunky soup there is no blending process, just heating. It is therefore recommended that you cut the vegetables into the desired size. The device does not mix the soup but only cooks it. The program lasts for 28 minutes. The programme is completed when the signal sounds for one minute and the ‘chunky’ indicator light flashes. The program ensures the ingredients are heated for longer to ensure the ingredients are fully cooked. If you are not satisfied with the consistency of your soup; you can use the blend-function afterwards. SELECT
Blend/clean: mix and cleaning
If your soup does not have the desired consistency, you can continue to mix the soup with this function. Select the ‘Blend’ programme and confirm by pressing the start button. Press and hold the start button until you have the desired consistency. The blender does not heat with this programme. We advise you not to use the blend function for longer than 20 seconds at a time. This is also how you can clean the appliance after use.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Warning! Do not place the appliance in the dishwasher.
- Warning! Do not immerse the appliance in water.
- Remove the lid and clean with a damp cloth.
- Be careful when cleaning the blade.
- Fill the jug with warm water and a little bit of soap. Clean your appliance with the blend function (see the section on use). Clean the inside of the jug with a soft sponge.Do not use a scouring pad as this will scratch the base.
- After cleaning, dry all parts thoroughly.
PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I make cold soups like Gazpacho in my soup maker?Yes. First cook the soup using the chunky or smooth setting. Then simply let the soup cool or refrigerate.
The soup maker stops workingThe appliance has a safety thermostat. When the appliance is overheated it stops working. This can happen when you use the soup maker multiple times in a row. If this problem occurs, remove the food and allow the appliance to cool for half an hour. It should now work correctly.
If the blend function is used continuously for more than 20 sec., the safety will turn off the appliance.When this happens wait for 10 seconds before reusing the blend function.
What if food burns on the base of the appliance?Always make sure you add water or broth to the ingredients. When the food is not in direct contact with the heating on the base it will not burn.
Does the appliance work when I remove the lid?The appliance has a memory function for two minutes. This means that you have two minutes to, for example, add additional ingredients. Replace the lid on the appliance within the two minutes and the programme will simply continue.
Can I use the appliance to make anything other than soup?Yes. The soup maker can also be used to make delicious smoothies, compote, sauces, and milkshakes.
Can I add meat in the soup maker?Yes. Only use the Chunky-function. The meat will be cooked together with the vegetables. Mince the meat in small pieces, max. 2 by 2 cm.
What is the capacity of the soup maker?The maximum capacity you can make in one cycle is 2,2 l.The min. and max. capacity are indicated on the inside of the jug. Do not fill the soup maker above the max. line. Otherwise the overfill sensor will go into safety and cut the power.
Can I change the times for the settings?No. These times are preset and should give the best results.
Can I put the jug in the dishwasher?The jug must not be placed in the dishwasher and must not be immersed in water. It may be cleaned with a cloth with warm water and a little soap or use the blend function.
Can I use frozen vegetables in the soup maker?Defrost the vegetables before adding them to the soup maker.
This symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead it must be brought to the applicable collection point for recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more detailed information about recycling of this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product.
The packaging is recyclable. Please treat the packaging ecologically.