BEFORE USING THE DEVICE, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY. CORRECT APPLICATION IS VITAL TO THE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF THE DEVICE.
INTENDED USER PROFILE
The intended use should be a licensed medical professional, the patient, or the patient’s caregiver. The user should be able to read, understand and be physically capable of performing the directions, warnings, and cautions in the information for use.
The DonJoy OA Lite is designed to provide support to the knee. It may be suitable for those suffering from mild unicompartmental (one compartment) knee osteoarthritis. Soft-good/ semi-rigid designed to restrict motion through elastic or semi-rigid construction.CONTRAINDICATIONS: Do not use if you are allergic to any of the materials contained within this product.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS:
- This device is to be prescribed and fitted by a qualified healthcare professional.
- The frequency, duration of use, and directions for use should be determined by your prescribing healthcare professional.
- Do not use over open wounds.
- Do not use the device if it is damaged and/or the packaging has been opened.
NOTE: Contact manufacturer and the competent authority in case of a serious incident arising due to usage of this device.
- Unfasten and loosen the straps at the calf and thigh. Unfasten the thigh portion of the OA Lite by gripping the outer thigh piece and pulling the hook and loop apart on the front of the leg (Fig. 1).
- Grasp the pull loops on the inside, top of the brace, and pull the OA Lite onto the leg ensuring that the open end of the thigh wrap is to the front of the thigh. Pull the OA Lite far enough up the leg so that the bottom of the circle cut-out aligns with the bottom of the patella (knee cap) (Fig. 2).Note: The hinge bar should be located on the non-painful side of the knee.
- Reattach the thigh portion by grasping the loop of the under flap with one hand and the gripping surface of the outer flap with the other hand. The OA Lite should fit snugly around the knee cap providing comfortable support without constriction or discomfort (Fig. 3).
- Fasten the calf strap, then the thigh strap to secure the brace comfortably around your knee (Fig. 4).
OPTIONAL STRAPPING INFORMATION:
For additional full-circumferential strapping at the thigh and/or calf, please follow the application instructions listed below. Both straps are fully adjustable for optimal comfort.
- Attach the longer of the two included straps to the thigh portion D-ring so that it loops through and attaches back to itself (Fig. 5).Note: Only one end can attach back to the strap; the fuzzy loop material will be facing outward.This strap will wrap around the back of the thigh and attach to the loop material on the upper thigh strap already fixed to the OA Lite. If the strap is too long, readjust the length at the end of the attachment to the D-ring.
- Repeat step one with the shorter of the two included straps for the calf section.
REMOVAL OF HINGE BARS (FOR WASHING):
- Unfasten the thigh portion of the OA Lite and roll back the material at the top to expose the hinge casing and unfasten the hinge cover.
- On the outside of the OA Lite at the center of the hinge, lift the Velcro tab away from the brace and slip a finger under the hinge to release the hook and loop.
- With the finger still under the hinge, pull on the protruding hinge bar at the thigh portion to remove the bar from the OA Lite. (Fig. 6)
Hand wash in cold water (86 °F/30 °C) using mild soap and rinse thoroughly. AIR DRY. Hinges should be removed for washing.Note: If not rinsed thoroughly, residual soap may cause skin irritation and deterioration of the material.
Polyester, Nylon, Spandex Lycra, Elastic, Aluminum, Steel
DJO, LLC will repair or replace all or part of the unit and its accessories for material or workmanship defects for a period of six months from the date of sale.For single patient use only.RX ONLYNOT MADE WITH NATURAL RUBBER LATEX.WARRANTY: DJO, LLC will repair or replace all or part of the unit and its accessories for material or workmanship defects for a period of sixmonths from the date of sale.NOTICE: WHILE EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE IN STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNIQUES TO OBTAIN THE MAXIMUM COMPATIBILITY OF FUNCTION, STRENGTH, DURABILITY, AND COMFORT, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT INJURY WILL BE PREVENTED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT.
MDSS GmbHSchiffgraben 4130175 Hannover,Germany©2021 DJO, LLC
DJO, LLC1430 Decision StreetVista, CA 92081-8553USA13-9212 REV F – 2021-01-28