DR.CRAFTYEPOXY RESINUSER GUIDE
Hi there!Thank you for choosing Dr. Crafty for your Epoxy projects! Dr. Crafty Epoxy provides amazing performance, UV stable, transparent, plastic layer, created to withstand yellowing.It is extremely durable and provides a high glistening, water-resistant protection for all kinds of projects including woodworking, tabletops, bars, artwork, and more.PLEASE READ ALL WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.If you have any questions or concerns that are not addressed in this manual, please contact our customer service and we’ll be happy to help however we can!Contact:+1(267) 310-1035[email protected]orDistributed by:Yellapro Ltd. 58 Turnfurlong Lane, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UnitedKingdom, HP21 7PQ
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDRENContains Isophorone Diamine, Diaminopolypropylene Glycol, 1,6-Hexanediamine, Aminopropyl triethoxysilane.Contains ingredient(s) that have the potential to cause an allergic reaction.Avoid skin contact. Repeated and prolonged skin contact should be avoided. Wear suitable gloves.May cause permanent eye damage. Wash hands immediately after use. Avoid contact with eyes.Inhalation of this product can cause adverse health effects. The product must be used in a well-ventilated area.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDRENContains Epoxy Resin.Contains ingredient(s) that have the potential to cause an allergic reacion.Avoid skin contact. Repeated and prolonged skin contact should be avoided. Wear suitable gloves.Avoid contact with eyes. Wash hands immediately after use.
For more health information—+1(267) 310-1035Contact a physician for more health information, or call your local poison control centerfor more health information.
Dispose of contents/container to a hazardous or special waste collection point, in accordance with local, regional and/or international regulation.
Store in original, sealed containers, in dry and ventilated storage rooms. Keep away from food, animal feed, dishes for food, in places inaccessible to unauthorized persons. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight, heat sources, and fire. Take all necessary measures to avoid accidental release into sewage systems, water bodies, rivers, soil due to unsealed packaging or transmission systems.
- Before starting, make sure all your tools are ready, clean, and dust-free.
- Your working table needs to be leveled and you must wear hand protection and other protective gear (mask, clothes covering) as contact with the chemicals may cause skin irritation.
- The ideal working area temperature when working with epoxy resin is 25°C. Your resin and hardener should also be at the same temperature. Cold temperature will cause the resin and hardener to become thick and difficult to work with. If your products are cold, please warm the unopened bottles by immersing them in warm water for 15-20mins. Cold temperatures will also prevent resin from curing properly, it will not harden fully and will remain soft and sticky.CAUTION: If your epoxy resin is mixed in colder temperatures, it may cause bubbles in your final product, curing time will be longer and your epoxy will dry cloudy. Make sure bottles are completely clean (dust-free) and dry before opening and starting the mixing process.
- Mix the epoxy resin in small batches to prevent bubbles, cracking, and chemical reaction due to overheating of the chemicals-For large projects, you can mix up to a maximum of 3kg of resin and 3kg of hardener in one batch. For a mixture this big, limit your working time to 30 minutes. If you will be using this epoxy resin for a large surface or a big project, don’t pour more than 3cm in one layer. You can pour in the next layer after the preliminary curing of 12-24 hours or when the surface is hardened.
- Wearing hand protection, pour equal amounts by volume (1:1) of resin and hardener into the mixing cup. It is important to measure accurately to ensure the epoxy resin cures properly.
- Mix thoroughly for 3 full minutes, scraping the sides and bottom of the mixing cup as you go. If you do not mix the epoxy resin thoroughly it won’t be able to catalyze and therefore will not cure properly.
- After mixing, you will have 45 minutes of work time to pour and spread the resin on your project. Do not scrape the mixing cup when pouring the epoxy resin mixture as you might pour any unmixed resin or hardener that might cause uneven spots in your project.
- If bubbles start to appear on the surface we recommend using a spatula or a heat gun to get rid of the bubbles. Heating the surface with a heat gun can help it cure faster & largely reduce the bubbles. Please ensure the flame DOES NOT come in contact with the resin, otherwise, it will burn.
- Cover your project while it cures to ensure no dust particles get on it while it dries. Leave your project covered in an environment with low humidity while it cures. The preliminary curing time is 24 hours at 25°C temperature but please wait for 72 hours for the project to fully cure. In a colder environment, the curing time is much longer.