UPRIGHT FREEZERInstruction Manual
Congratulations on your new Euhomy product. To ensure proper operation, please read this Instruction Manual carefully before using this product. Keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.
Dear Customer, So lucky to meet you guys !!!Thanks for making a purchase on Euhomy!
We hope to provide you with sincere service. If there is anything missing or wrong with your order ，If you have any question about using our product. PLEASE reach out to us.Email-([email protected]) or Facebook-(@Euhomy).
Euhomy team will answer your doubts online for 24 hours. Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal. We’d appreciate it if you could share your experience with other shoppers on Amazon. We’d love to make it right for you! If you just want to see the problem description, you can directly see the tenth page, Or contact us directly. Email:[email protected].
Our Mission: To be the most trusted appliance brand, Creat compact and practical appliances to better your life.
Don’t forget to register your product at www.euhomy.com/register for updates, warranty, and other relevant information.
|Are the shelves inside the freezer movable,||The shelves in our 1.1 and 2.1 Cu. Ft freezers are movable, while the shelves n our 3.0 Cu. Ft freezer is immovable. The reason is that because of the inner space of the 3.0 Cu. Ft freezer is bigger. in order to achieve a good coding effect, there is a cooling tube attached to each shell. The shelves are designed immovable so as to prevent the cooing tube from being damaged.|
|I hear the compressor turns on and off. Is that normal?||The temperature range of our freezer ts from -7 to – 8 degrees F. Please kindly note that the temperature will be a little higher when you measure the temperature with the door open.|
|Why are there some white spots on the outside surface of the freezer||It’s 11Ormal. The compressor turns on automatically when the temperature inside the freezer is higher than the settled temperature and turns off automatically when the temperature inside the freezer reaches the settled temperature.|
|Where is the temperature dial of the freezer?||For details. please refer to P4. Open the protective cover, twist out the screw, pull out the leakage hole of the protective cap on the other side, and fix the hinge on it with screws. Both the top and bottom of the freezer need to replace the hinges|
|Why is the freezer making a sound when it is plugged in?||Boding water. gurgling sounds slight vibrations are normal operating sounds That you may hew. They are made while the refrigerant is circulating through the coding cots. Besides, the thermostat control will click when it cycles on and off|
|Why does the freezer have a smell of gasoline?||The freezer was cleaned with detergent before it was sent out from the factory and there is paint on the back of the freezer. We suppose it’s been put in the box for to king. If the freezer can work right, then there is no problem with rt. You lust need to put it in a ventilated place for some time and then the smell will disappear.|
|Why are the two sides of the Is the freezer very hot?||Please do not gel the freezer too close to the wall. It’s better to leave a 4 inches gap between the freezer and the watts° that the freezer can dissipate heat wet. If the sides are really hot, please plug it off for 30 mins-1 hours to give it a rest and then plugin.|
|Is it necessary to put a drip pan under the freezer?||We think it is not necessary to put a drip pan under the freezer because the temperature inside of the freezer is below 7.6 degrees F. there will be no water dripping down. And our freezer wins not produce liquid waste.|
Important safety instructions
WARNINGREAD ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE. WHEN USING THISAPPLIANCE, ALWAYS EXERCISE BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
NOTEIf the refrigerator/freezer has been placed in a horizontal or tilted position for any period of time wait 24 hours before plugging the unit in.
- Use this appliance only for its intended purpose as described in this use and care guide.
- This freezer must be properly installed in accordance with the installation instructions before it is used. See grounding instructions in the installation section.
- Never unplug your freezer by pulling on the power cord. Always grasp the plug ﬁrmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
- Repair or replace immediately, all electric service cords that have become frayed or otherwisedamaged. Do not use a cord that shows cracks or abrasion damage along its length, the plug, or the connector end.
- Unplug your freezer before cleaning or before making any repairs.
- Do not use any electrical device or any sharp instrument in defrosting your freezer.
- If your old freezer is not being used, we recommend that you remove the doors. This will reduce the possibility of danger to children.
- WARNING: After your freezer is in operation, do not touch the cold surfaces in the freezer compartment, particularly when hands are damp or wet. The skin may adhere to these extremely cold surfaces.
- Do not refreeze foods, which have been thawed completely. The United States Department ofAgriculture in Home and Garden Bulletin No. 69 reads: “…You may safely refreeze frozen foods that have thawed if they still contain ice crystals or if they are still cold-below 40˚F”. “…Thawed ground meats, poultry, or ﬁsh that have any oﬀ-odor or oﬀ-color should not be refrozen and should not be eaten. Thawed ice cream should be discarded. If the odor or color of any food is poor or questionable, discard it. The food may be dangerous to eat.” “…Even partial thawing and re-freezing reduce the eating quality of foods, particularly fruits, vegetables, and prepared foods. The eating quality of red meats is aﬀected less than that of many other foods. Use refrozen foods as soon as possible, to save as much of its eating quality as you can.
- This freezer should not be recessed or built-in an enclosed cabinet. It is designed for freestanding installation only.
- Do not operate your freezer in the presence of explosive fumes.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
HOUSEHOLD USE ONLYDispose of property in accordance with Federal or Local Regulations. Flammable refrigerant used.
DANGERRisk of child entrapment. Before you throw away your old refrigerator or freezer, take oﬀ the doors. Leave the shelves in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
Papts & Feature
Installing your freezer
UNPACKING YOUR FREEZER
- Remove all packaging material. This includes the foam base and all adhesive tape holding the freezer accessories inside and outside.
- Inspect and remove any remains of packing, tape, or printed materials before powering on the freezer.
ADJUSTING YOUR FREEZER
- Your freezer is designed for freestanding installation only. It should not be recessed or built-in.
- Place the freezer on a surface strong enough to support it fully loaded.
- When moving the freezer, never tilt it more than a 45-degree angle. This could damage the compressor and the sealedsystem.
- If the freezer is tilted let it stand in an upright position for at least 24 hours prior to plugging in. This is to allow the refrigerant to settle.
PROPER AIR CIRCULATION
- To assure your freezer works at the maximum eﬃciency it was designed for, you should install it in a location where there is proper air circulation, plumbing, and electrical connections.
- The following are recommended clearances around the freezer:Sides… 4” (102mm)Back. 4” (102mm)Top. 4” (102mm)
Installing your freezer CONT
WARNINGELECTRICAL REQUIREMENT – SHOCK HAZARD
ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTMake sure there is a suitable power Outlet (115 volts, 15 amps outlet) with proper grounding to power the freezer.Avoid the use of three plug adapters or cutting oﬀ the third grounding in order to accommodate a two plug outlet. This is a dangerous practice since it provides no eﬀective grounding for the freezer and may result in a shock hazard.
USE OF EXTENSION CORD
- Avoid the use of an extension cord because of potential safety hazards under certain conditions. If it is necessary to use an extension cord, use only a 3-wire extension cord that has a 3-blade grounding plug and a 3-slot outlet that will accept the plug. The marked rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the electrical rating of the appliance. DO NOT USE THE EXTENSION CORD LONGER THAN 12 FT.
- Do not install your freezer in any location not properly insulated or heated e.g. garage etc. Your freezer was not designed to operate in temperature settings below 55˚ Fahrenheit.
- Select a suitable location for the freezer on a hard even surface away from direct sunlight or heat source e.g. radiators,baseboard heaters, cooking appliances, etc. Any ﬂoor unevenness should be corrected.
Freezer feature and Use
OPERATING YOUR FREEZER
- Once the freezer is in its proper place, plug it in an electrical outlet having 115 volts and 15 amps.
- Set the temperature, on the temperature control knob. “1” is the warmest and “7” being the coldest. Initially set the temperature on “4”. Place food inside the freezer. After using the freezer for 24 hours set the freezer to your desired setting.
- In case you unplug your freezer or experience an electrical outage, allow 5 minutes before plugging it back in.
Adjustable temperature dial:Your freezer will automatically maintain the temperature level you select. The temperature control dial has 7 settings plus OFF. “1” is the warmest, “7” is the coldest. Turning the dial to OFF stops cooling the freezer. Set the dial to “4” and allow 24 hours to pass before adjusting the temperature to your needs.
NOTEIf the freezer has been placed in a horizontal or tilted position for any period of time wait 24 hours before plugging the unit in. Control Panel Varies by Model
NORMAL OPERATING SOUNDS YOU MAY HEAR
Boiling water, gurgling sounds, or slight vibrations are the result of the refrigerant circulating through the cooling coils.The thermostat control will click when it cycles on and oﬀ.
- For most eﬃcient operations and minimum energy consumption, defrost whenever the frost becomes 1/4” thick. Never use a sharp or metallic instrument to remove the frost, as it may damage the cooling coils. (A punctured coil will void the warranty). Use only a plastic scraper. Do not use boiling water as it may damage the unit.
- Remove the frozen food from the freezer and place it in a cooler to protect the food.
- Turn the temperature control to the OFF position and unplug the unit. Defrosting usually takes a few hours. To defrost faster keep the freezer door open.
DEFROST DRAINPlace a narrow defrost pan (not included) in front of the freezer, and then use the plastic scraper to gently drain the water that has accumulated at the bottom of the freezer during defrosting into the pan.
NOTEMonitor the defrost pan to avoid overﬂow.
When defrosting is complete, wipe the interior of the freezer with a soft cloth. Plug-in the power cord back into the electrical outlet.Reset the temperature control to the desired setting.Return the food into the freezer.
- Your freezer has two leveling legs which are located in the front bottom corners of your freezer. After properly placing your freezer in its ﬁnal position, you can level your freezer.
- Leveling legs can be adjusted by turning them counterclockwise to raise your freezer or by turning them clockwise to lower your freezer. The freezer door will close easier when leveling legs are extended.
LEVELING YOUR FREEZER
- Remove the top hinge cover using a ﬂat head screwdriver. Gently lift from the rear of the hinge and slide forward.
- Lossen the top hinge screws using a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Adjust the door or put a spacer in between and then tighten the screws.
- Replace the top hinge cover by aligning the rear of the cover with the rear of the hinge. Press ﬁrmly on the front of the cover until it snaps in place.
FOOD STORAGE INFORMATION
- Wipe containers before storing them to avoid needless spills.
- Hot food should be allowed to cool before storing it in the freezer. This will prevent unnecessary energy use.
- When storing meats, keep them in the original packaging or rewrap them as necessary.
- Proper freezer storage requires correct packaging. All foods must be in packages, which do not allow the ﬂow of air or moisture in, or out. Improper storage will result in odor and taste transfer and will result in the drying out of the improperly packaged food.
- Follow package or container instructions for proper storage.Packaging Recommendations:Plastic containers with airtight lidsHeavy-duty aluminum foilPlastic wrap made from saran ﬁlmSelf-sealing plastic bags
- Do not refreeze defrosted/thawed foods.
- It is recommended that the freezing date be marked on the packaging.
These are some suggestions for safe storage:
||3 – 4 Months3 – 6 Months3 – 4 Months3 – 4 Months4 – 6 Months6 – 12 Months1 year|
Proper freezer care and Cleaning
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
WARNINGTo avoid electric shock always unplug your freezer before cleaning. Ignoring this warning may result in death or injury.
CAUTIONBefore using cleaning products, always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions and warnings to avoid personal injury or product damage.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda mixed with warm water. Use a sponge or soft cloth, dampened with the cleaning solution, to wipe down your freezer.
- Rinse with clean warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, abrasives, ammonia, chlorine bleach, concentrated detergents, solvents, or metal scouring pads. SOME of these chemicals may dissolve, damage, and/or discolor your freezer.
- Clean door gaskets every three months according to general instructions. Gaskets must be kept clean and pliable to assure a proper seal.
- Petroleum jelly applied lightly on the hinge side of gaskets will keep the gasket pliable and assure a good seal.
- Occasionally there may be power interruptions due to thunderstorms or other causes. Remove the power cord from AC outlet when a power outage occurs. When power has been restored, replug the power cord to AC outlet.
VACATION AND MOVING CARE
- For long vacations or absences, empty food from the freezer, move the temperature DIAL to the OFF position and clean the door gaskets according to the “General cleaning” section. Prop doors open, so air can circulate inside. When moving always move the freezer vertically. Do not move with the unit lying down. Possible damage to the sealed system could occur.
WARNINGIf the outage is for a prolonged period, inspect and discard spoiled or thawed food in the freezer. Clean the freezer before reusing.
You may try to solve the following simple problems by yourself. If they cannot be solved, please contact the after-sales department.
|FREEZER DOES NOT OPERATE:||•Check if thermostat control is not in the “OFF” position.•Check if the freezer is plugged in.•Check if there is power at the ac outlet, by checking the circuit breaker.•Wait for 30-40 minutes to see whether the freezer will start. The compressor cycle must be complete to operate.|
|FOOD TEMPERATURE APPEARS TOO WARM:||•Frequent door openings.•Allow time for recently added warm food to reach freezer temperature.•Check gaskets for proper seal.•Clean condenser coils (for models with exposed condenser coils).•Adjust the temperature control to a colder setting.|
FOOD TEMPERATURE IS TOO COLD:
|•If the temperature control setting is too cold, adjust to a warmer setting and allow several hours for the temperature to adjust.|
|COMPRESSOR RUNS TOO FREQUENTLY:||•This may be normal to maintain a constant temperature during high temperature and humid days.•Doors may have been opened frequently or for an extended period of time.•Check gasket for proper seal.•Check to see if doors are completely closed.•Check freezer compartment for blockage from frozen food packages, containers, etc.|
|FREEZER HAS AN ODOR:||•Interior needs cleaning.•Foods improperly wrapped or sealed are giving off odors.|
DANGER — Risk Of Fire Or Explosion. Flammable Refrigerant Used. To Be Repaired Only By Trained Service Personnel. Do Not Puncture Refrigerant Tubing
CAUTION — Risk Of Fire Or Explosion. Flammable Refrigerant Used. Consult Repair Manual/Owner’s Guide Before Attempting To Service This Product. All Safety Precautions Must be Followed
CAUTION — Risk Of Fire Or Explosion. Dispose Of Property In Accordance With Federal Or Local Regulations. Flammable Refrigerant Used
CAUTION — Risk Of Fire Or Explosion Due To Puncture Of Refrigerant Tubing; Follow Handling Instructions Carefully. Flammable Refrigerant Used
Euhomy offers a limited 1-year warranty (“ warranty period” ) on all of our products purchased new and unused from Euhomy company, with original proof of purchase and where a defect has arisen, wholly or substantially, as a result of faulty manufacture, parts, or workmanship during the warranty period. The warranty does not apply where damage is caused by other factors, including without limitation:(a)normal wear and tear;(b)abuse, mishandling, accident, or failure to follow operating instructions;(c)exposure to liquid or infiltration of foreign particles;(d)servicing or modifications of the product other than by Euhomy;(e)commercial or non-household use.The Euhomy warranty covers all costs related to restoring the proven defective product through repair or replacement of any defective part and necessary labor so that it conforms to its original specifications. A replacement product may be provided instead of repairing a defective product. Euhomy’s exclusive obligation under this warranty is limited to such repair or replacement. A receipt indicating the purchase date is required for any claim, so please keep all receipts in a safe place. Although greatly appreciated, the product registration is not required to activate any warranty and product registration does not eliminate the need for the original proof of purchase. The warranty becomes void if attempts at repair are made by non-authorized third parties and/or if spare parts, other than those provided by Euhomy, are used. You may also arrange for service after the warranty expires at an additional cost. These are our general terms for warranty service, but we always urge our customers to reach out to us with any issue, regardless of warranty terms. If you have an issue with a Euhomy product, please contact us ([email protected]), and we will do our best to resolve it for you.
Thank you for selecting our quality appliance. Please be sure to read this user manual carefully before using. Any question, please contact the professional service for help.
Model MF-1,1-HEmail [email protected]Facebook Euhomy
|Like us||Euhomy||Scan me|