Farberware is a registered trademark of Farberware Licensing Company, LLC Manufactured and sold pursuant to a license from Farberware Licensing Company, LLC © 2019 Farberware Licensing Company, LLC. All rights reserved.(rev. 11/30/20 HG)
Collapsible Travel Garment SteamerInstruction ManualFHSC600B
Your safety and the safety of others are very important. We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.This is the safety alert symbol.This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can cause serious injury to you and others.All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol.All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
Appliance Specifications:120 Volts, 60 HertzRated Output: 600 WattsTHIS PRODUCT IS FOR USE IN 120V AC OUTLETS ONLY.
A person who has not read and understood all operating and safety instructions is not qualified to operate this appliance. All users of this appliance must read and understand this Instruction Manual before operating or cleaning this appliance.When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including:
- Read all instructions before operating this appliance.
- DO NOT TOUCH the hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- This appliance is NOT A TOY.
- Unsupervised young children and cognitively challenged individuals should never operate this appliance.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse the cord, plug, or any part of this appliance in water or other liquids.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before removing parts, and before cleaning. Allow cooling before putting on or taking off any parts, and before cleaning.
- DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or if the appliance has been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest repair shop for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The manufacturer does not recommend the use of accessory attachments other than what is provided by the manufacturer. The use of attachments may cause injuries.
- DO NOT use the appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- DO NOT use outdoors. FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
- DO NOT place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- DO NOT let cord hang over the edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- NEVER leave the unit unattended while in use or when plugged into an outlet.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot food.
- Always attach the plug to the appliance first, then plug the cord in the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any control to “off,” then remove the plug from the wall outlet.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS
Operating Safety Precautions
- The voltage of your electrical source must correspond to that of the appliance(AC100-240V, change the voltage by the slider on the machine). Please use standard voltage according to the actual conditions and attach a plug converter with the appliance if necessary. Connecting to the incorrect voltage may cause unrepairable damage to the appliance and will invalidate the warranty.
- To reduce the risk of contact with hot water emitting from steam vents, check the appliance before each use by holding it away from the body and operating the steam button.
- Do not share the power supply with other high-powered electric appliances. Close supervision is necessary for any appliance being used by or near children.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not immerse the appliance, plug, or power cord in water or other liquids.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended while it is in operation. Close supervision is necessary for any appliance being used by or near children.
- Fill water to “max” level before using and observe the water level during use.
- Never yank cord to disconnect from outlet; instead, grasp plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not allow the cord to touch hot surfaces. Let the appliance cool completely before putting it away. Loop cord loosely around the appliance when storing.
- Do not fill the water tank with hot water or corrosive cleaning agents which could cause damage. Distilled or filtered water is strongly recommended.
- Always turn off and unplug the unit before refilling, draining, or when it is empty or not in use.
- Do not operate the appliance with a damaged cord, or if the appliance has been dropped or damaged. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble or attempt to repair the appliance, take it to a qualified service person for examination and repair. Incorrect reassembly or repair could cause a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when the appliance is used.
- Burns could occur from touching hot metal parts, hot water, or steam. Use carefully whenyou turn a steam appliance upside down, there may be hot water in the reservoir.
- When touching the steam nozzle or the hot steam or tilting the unit, please be careful of the high temperature to avoid being scalded.
- When in use, this appliance will spray hot steam from its steam nozzle. To avoid injury from hot steam, do not aim the steam nozzle at people or pets.
- Only use accessories on your appliance. To use accessories rather than those provided by us may result in fire, electric or irreversible damage to the appliance.
- This appliance is not intended for use by children or near children and other persons whose physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction by a responsible person to ensure that they can use the appliance safely.
- Turn off, unplug and allow the appliance to cool down completely for at least 30 minutes prior to draining the water tank and storing it.
- Do not use an extension cord. If an extension cord is used, the power cord must be more than 15A electrical current. Using any power cord under 15A may cause the electric wire to overheat. Do not share the extension cord with other electrical appliances.
- Be sure the dual voltage selector is incorrect voltage position before operating. Before plugging in, read the information about dual voltage operation contained in this manual.
- This appliance was set at the factory to operate at 100V/220V. Refer to the instructions in this manual for conversion to other volt operations.
Instructions for the Electrical Cord and Plug
- ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD: Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, fire, or electrical shock.• Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.• DO NOT remove the ground prong.• DO NOT use an adapter.• DO NOT use an extension cord.
- This unit MUST be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. This unit is equipped with a cord having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
- WARNING: Improper use of the grounding plug can result in a risk of electric shock. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plugin anyway.
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled or tripping over a long cord.
- The manufacturer does not recommend using this machine in countries that do notsupport 120V AC even if a voltage adapter, transformer, or converter is in use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
Thank you for purchasing the COLLAPSIBLE TRAVEL GARMENT STEAMER from Farberware! With 600 watts of steaming power, this garment steamer generates super-heated steam to remove tough wrinkles from any garment effectively. The steamer has a collapsible tank, making it ideal for on the go!Features include:
- Powerful 600-watt steamer removes wrinkles fast and efficiently
- The collapsible, easy-to-fill water tank holds 80 ml of water
- Quick 90-second heat-up time with 6 minutes of continuous steam
- Compact travel size with handle for on the go
- Steam rate of 14 g/min
PARTS & ASSEMBLY
Your COLLAPSIBLE TRAVEL GARMENT STEAMER comes assembled. Before using, remove all packing materials from the box. If there is any damage, DO NOT operate the steamer. Return damaged items to the store where it was purchased.PARTS
HOW TO OPERATE
FILLING WITH WATER
- Flip back water tank cap.
- Fill the water tank until the water level reaches the max line (80 ml).WARNING: To avoid water sprayed out when in use, please do not fill water over the “Max” level.
- Close the water tank cap and make sure it’s tightly closed.
- When refilling, please unplug the unit first and allow the steamer to cool for 5 minutes before adding more water. CAUTION: Steamer will be hot after use.
- Lay the garment out on a flat, smooth surface. Make sure there is no pulled fabric before using.
- Once the water tank is filled, plug in the steamer, turn the switch to ON and wait for it to heat up. The steamer will take 90 seconds before steam comes out, then it’s ready for use. NOTE: Steamer will run continuously for 6 minutes.
- Use one hand to hold the fabric and the other to steam. Using a slight backand-forth vertical motion over the area you’re steaming will enhance the cleaning process, as will scrubbing the area. WARNING: DO NOT tilt the steamer or use horizontally or boiling water may come out, resulting in a burn.
- When finished, turn the switch to OFF and let cool.
- Wipe steamed areas with a clean cloth to remove loosened dirt and grime.CAUTION: When using the steamer, please make sure the water level does not exceed the maximum water level. Excess water may result in water leakage and water spraying. To operate the steamer again when it stops leaking water. Before disassembling the appliance or attaching the accessory to the nozzle, please make sure the steamer is completely cooled down (approximately 30 mins).
COLLAPSIBLE WATER TANKThis travel steamer has a collapsible water tank, making it easy to fold up and bring on the go.
- Take the clear plastic cover off and pull the nozzle top-up to stretch the water tank.
- Connect the handle by sliding on the short end onto the strip while buckling the long piece on top into the hole of the rear end of the nozzle. NOTE: The anti-ironing silicon gell strip goes onto the handle first before sliding in and buckling in.
- To release, push down on the top part of the handle and pull back to release the long end out of the buckle. Slide out the short end on the bottom to remove the handle.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- The appliance needs no cost to maintain and no detergent to clean. If the power cord is damaged or it does not work normally, please return it where you purchased it from.
- Please pull out the plug and wait until the appliance is totally cooled down before cleaning it.
- Do not place the appliance in water. Use a dry cloth to dry the steamer.
- No special detergent is needed for cleaning.
- Make sure the appliance is dry before storing or packaging.
- It is recommended to clean (descale) the unit every couple of months. Here is how to descale:
- Fill the water tank with 50% water and vinegar to the max level and soak for 4 hours.
- Put the cover on and run for 3 minutes. Then unplug.
- Cool down for 30 minutes and shake the appliance. Open the cover and pour the remaining water out from the water tank.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water to max level and pour it out after cleaning. Repeat a few times till the remaining water has been diluted.
- Put on the cover and plugin. Turn the power on until the remaining water steams out.
RETURNS & WARRANTY
SHOULD YOUR UNIT NOT WORK OR IF DAMAGED WHEN YOU FIRST TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX, PLEASE RETURN IT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE IMMEDIATELY.
COLLAPSIBLE TRAVEL GARMENT STEAMER / FHSC600B
Should you have any questions, please contact us via email or at the customer service number listed below between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, Central Standard Time.
Distributed by:Nostalgia Products LLC1471 Partnership Dr.Green Bay, WI 54304-5685Customer ServicePhone: 844-918-0509Email: [email protected]
One-Year Limited WarrantyThis warranty applies to products purchased and used in the U.S. and Canada.This is the only expressed warranty for this product and is in lieu of any other warranty or condition.This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. This warranty is valid for the original retail purchaser or gift recipient from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. Keep your original sales receipt as proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim.
IMPORTANT: This warranty does not cover damages resulting from use not in conformity with the printed directions, accident, misuse or abuse, alternation, the affixing of any attachments not provided with the product, loss of parts, or subjecting the appliance to any but the specified voltage. (Read directions carefully.) This warranty is void if the product is used for other than single-family household use or subjected to any voltage and waveform other than as specified on the rating label (e.g., 120V ~ 60 Hz).Englewood Marketing LLC excludes all claims for special, incidental, and consequential damages caused by a breach of express or implied warranty. All liability is limited to the amount of the purchase price. Every implied warranty, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law, in which case such warranty or condition is limited to the duration of this written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights that vary depending on where you live. Some states or provinces do not allow limitations on implied warranties or special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
To make a warranty claim or if service is required, please call our CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER.For faster service, please have the model, type, and series numbers ready for the operator to assist you.Customer Service NumberEnglewood Marketing LLCIn the US 844-918-0509Email: [email protected]This warranty does not apply to re-manufactured merchandise.Please read the operating instructions carefully. Failure to comply with the operating instructions will void this warranty.