FEIT Electric BPPLUG/WIFI/3 Smart Wi-Fi Plug Installation Guide
IMPORTANT, RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:
READ CAREFULLY IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical products, basic precautions should always be followed. THIS SMART WI-FI PLUG IS A “GROUNDED” DEVICE
DO NOT ATTACH A DEVICE THAT EXCEEDS THE UNIT RATINGS
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A VOLTAGE CONVERTER
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT USE THIS DEVICE WITH A RECEPTACLE IN WHICH THE SLOT OPENING DO NOT ALIGN WITH THE BLADES
If you are having difficulty connecting:
- Make sure the Wi-Fi network is a 2.4 GHz network. Smart Wi-Fi Plug will not connect to a 5 GHz network.
- Test your Wi-Fi network with other devices such as your phone to make sure it is operating properly.
- The Wi-Fi connection may not have good coverage during set up. Try moving the Smart Wi-Fi Plug closer to your Wi-Fi router.
- Your Wi-Fi network password is case sensitive, make sure you are entering correctly.Devices plugged into your Smart Wi-Fi Plug must be ON in order to be controlled via the mobile app.Please also check the App User Guide for more information
This product is warrantied to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for up to one year from date of purchase. If the product fails within the warranty period, please contact Feit Electric at [email protected], visit feit.com/contact-us or call 1-866-326-BULB (2852) for instructions on replacement or refund. REPLACEMENT OR REFUND IS YOUR SOLE REMEDY. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.
Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.Feit Electric Co.4901 Gregg RoadPico Rivera, CA 90660www.feit.com
- Download the Feit Electric app on your smart device
- Plug in your Smart Wi-Fi Plug Plug the Smart Wi-Fi Plug into any indoor receptacle.WARNING: These products may represent a possible shock or fire hazard if improperly installed or attached in any way. Products should be installed in accordance with this install guide, current electrical codes and/or the current National Electric Code (NEC).Indicator light must be rapidly blinking to connect. If not already blinking, press and hold the power button for five seconds.
- Launch and use the Feit Electric app to complete the set upTap Add Device or the + sign, then select Smart Wi-Fi Plug and confirm. You will be prompted to enter you Wi-Fi network and password.Be sure to connect to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network that covers your installation location.
- (Optional) Connect to Google Assistant or Alexa using the in App guide
- Plug your device into the Smart Plug Ensure your device is switched to the ON position and plug it into the Smart Wi-Fi Plug.
This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter. Any Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by tuming the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.RF Exposure Statement This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body.
This device complies with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada License exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
The device is compliance with RF exposure guidelines, users can obtain Canadian information on RF exposure and compliance. The minimum distance from body to use the device is 20cm.
Need Help?FAQs and the latest versions of user guides can be found at feit.com/help and feit.com/smart.To reach customer support please visit feit.com/contact-us