Galanz Chest Freezer Instruction Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY IMFORMATION
DANGER: Risk of fire or explosion. Flammable refrigerant used. Do not puncture refrigerant tubing.
- Do not use mechanical devices to defrost freezer.
- Ensure that servicing is done by factory authorized service personnel, to minimize product damage or safety issues.
- if the power supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similar qualified person in order to avoid hazard.
- Consult repair manual or owner’s guide before attempting to service this product. All safety precautions must be followed.
- Dispose of properly in accordance with federal or local regulations.
- Follow handling instructions carefully.
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
WARNING: Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
WARNING: Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
WARNING: Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
WARNING: Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
CAUTION: Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
DANGER: Risk of child entrapment. Before throwing away an old appliance:
- Remove the door or lid.
- Leave shelves in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
DANGER: Do not add a lock to the door or lid. This can cause child entrapment and harm.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities may be different or reduced, or who lack experience or knowledge, unless such persons receive supervision or training to operate the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments:
- Farm houses and by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- Bed and breakfast type environments;
- Catering and similar non-retail applications.
This appliance must be grounded. Grounding reduces the risk of electrical shock by providing an escape wire for the electrical current.
This appliance has a cord that has a grounding wire with a 3-prong plug. The power cord must be plugged into an outlet that is properly grounded. If the outlet is a 2-prong wall outlet, it must be replaced with a properly grounded 3-prong wall outlet. The serial rating plate indicates the voltage and frequency the appliance is designed for.
WARNING – Improper use of the grounding plug can result in a risk of electric shock. Consult a qualified electrician or service agent if the grounding instructions are not completely understood, or if doubt exists as to whether the appliance is properly grounded.
Do not connect your appliance to extension cords or together with another appliance in the same wall outlet. Do not splice the power cord. Do not under any circumstances cut or remove the third ground prong from the power cord. Do not use extension cords or ungrounded (two prongs) adapters.
- Two people should be used when moving the appliance.
- Remove interior and exterior packaging prior to installation. Wipe the outside of the appliance with a soft, dry cloth and the inside with a lukewarm wet cloth.
- Place the appliance on a levef floor that is strong enough to support it when the freezer is fully loaded.
- Do not place the appliance in direct sunlight or near sources of heat, such as a stove or heater. as this can increase electrical consumption. Extreme cold ambient temperatures may also cause the appliance to perform improperly.
- Do not use the appliance near water, for example, in a wet basement or near a sink.
- This appliance is intended for indoor household use only. It is not designed for outside installation, including anywhere that is not temperature controlled (garages, porches, vehicles, etc.).
- Before connecting the appliance to a power source, let it stand upright for approximately 6 hours. This will reduce the possibility of a malfunction in the cooling system from handling during transportation.
- Allow 5 inches of space between the back, sides and top of the freezer and all adjacent walls.
- This appliance is intended for free-standing installation only and is not intended to be built into a cabinet or counter. Building in this appliance can cause it to malfunction.
- IMPORTANT: Before using the appliance, remove the rubber plug from the accessory bag and install it in the interior of the appliance. Do not run the appliance without the plug installed as this can cause water leakage and damage to flooring.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Wire Basket
- Wire basket for GLF50CWED01
- Wire baskets for GLF7OCWED01
- Control Panel
- Defrost Drain
The freezer lid may be difficult to open immediately after closing it. This is normal and is due to the pressure difference between the cold interior of the freezer and the warm air that has just entered the freezer when the lid was opened. The pressure will equalize within a few minutes. If the lid is especially difficult to open, wait 5 minutes to allow the pressure to equalize and then try again.
The temperature of the appliance is controlled by setting the thermostat dial on the front of the cabinet.
- The number 1 indicates the warmest setting. The number 7 indicates the coldest setting.
- The number 5 setting should be sufficient for regular home use.
- The temperature range of the appliance is approximately 10.4°F to -11.2°F (-12°C to -24°C).
- To stop the cooling function, turn the dial to the ‘0″ position.
- The temperature inside the appliance can vary based on ambient room temperature, the frequency that the lid is opened and the amount of fresh food that has recently been added to the appliance.
- Do not overload the appliance as this can affect performance.
- Do not freeze large quantities of fresh food at the same time.
- If the temperature control knob sets to 7, the compressor may run continuously. It’s a quick -frozen mode. Please do not set to 7 frequently
Indicator Lights 1. Power Indicator light:Illuminates when the appliance is connected to a working power source.2. Run Indicator light: Illuminates when the compressor is operating.3. Alarm indicator light: Illuminates when the temperature inside the appliance is too high.
- Power Indicator light: Illuminates when the appliance is connected to a working power source.
- Run Indicator light: Illuminates when the compressor is operating.
- Alarm indicator light: Illuminates when the temperature inside the appliance is too high.
This appliance should be defrosted approximately twice a year or when a 114 inch layer of frost has formed.
Turn the appliance control knob to the “0′ position and unplug the power cord. Remove all contents and leave the lid open. Follow the instructions below:
- The interior defrost drain is located on the inside floor of the cabinet. Remove the rubber cover from the defrost drain. Defrosted water will flow into the hole and out through the exterior defrost drain cap. See Figure 1.
- The exterior defrost drain cap is located on the front of the cabinet. Gently pull out the exterior drain cap approximately 314 – 1 inch until the water hole is visible. See Figure 2.
- Twist the exterior drain cap so that the arrow points downward. See Figure 3.
- Place a bucket or pan under the drain cap to catch defrosted water. Check the appliance regularly during defrosting to ensure that the water is not overflowing.
- When all water has been drained, twist the drain cap until the arrow is pointing upwards and then push inward until it is flush with the cabinet. See Figure 4.
- Replace the rubber cover in the interior defrost drain.
After defrosting is complete, set the temperature control to maximum for 2 to 3 hours before returning to the desired temperature setting.
Never use electrical appliances during defrosting. Do not use pointed or sharp objects to remove frost as this can damage the refrigerant lines. If these lines are accidentally pierced it will render the freezer inoperable and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Ensure the appliance is unplugged before cleaning.
- To clean the inside of the appliance, use a soft cloth and a solution of a tablespoon of baking soda to one quart of water or a mild soap solution or some mild detergent.
- Clean the outside with a soft, damp cloth and some mild detergent.
- It is important to keep the area where the lid seals against the cabinet clean to ensure a tight seal. Clean this area with a soapy cloth. Rinse with a damp cloth and let dry.
Note: Do not use cleaners containing ammonia or alcohol on the appliance. Ammonia or alcohol can damage the appearance of the appliance. Never use any commercial or abrasive cleaners or sharp objects on any part of the appliance.
Most power failures are corrected within a few hours and should not affect the temperature of your appliance if you minimize the number of times the lid is opened. If the power is going to be off for a longer period of time, take the proper steps to protect your contents.
Note: Wait 3 to 5 minutes before attempting to restart the refrigerator if operation has been interrupted.
ENERGY SAVING TIP
The appliance should be located in the coolest area of the room, away from heat producing appliances, and out of direct sunlight. Do not overload the unit or block any ventilation openings.
- Short vacations: Leave the appliance operating during vacations of less than three weeks
- Long vacations: If the appliance will not be used for several months, remove all items and turn off the appliance. Defrost, clean and dry the interior thoroughly. To prevent odor and mold growth. leave the lid open slightly, blocking it open if necessary.
- Remove all items.
- Tape the lid shut
- Be sure the appliance stays secure in the upright position during transportation. Also protect the outside of the appliance with a blanket or similar item.
- If the appliance is placed on its back or side during transportation, upon reaching the destination, allow it to remain in its operating position for 6 hours to avoid damage to internal components.
This appliance may not be treated as regular household waste, it should be taken to the appropriate waste collection point for recycling of electrical components. For information on local waste collection points, contact your local waste removal agency or government office. Disposal of this appliance should be in accordance with federal and local regulations.
|Internal temperature not cold enough||
|Appliance runs continuously
Galanz Americas Limited Company -Product Warranty
This warranty applies to products sold by Galanz Americas in the U.S. This warranty is in lieu of any other warranty and expressly applies to the individual product only.
Galanz product is warrantied for one year following purchase for defects in material and workmanship. Please save your receipt as proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim. During this period, we will provide the replacement cost of this product, a replacement or the equivalent per our discretion, or service in select cases. In the event that service is determined to be agreeable to both parties, then the product must be brought to the nearest servicer by the consumer.
The warranty cannot be transferred through resale, including the resale through a 3rd party unauthorized retailer and is only bestowed upon the original consumer purchaser upon purchase from an authorized retailer. This warranty does not cover and excludes damage or defects caused by:
- Consumer misuse
- Neglect including the failure to clean and/or provide adequate regular maintenance as outlined in the user manual.
- Commercial use
- Subjecting the product to any voltage outside the specified range
- Loss of parts
- The affixing of any attachments not provided with the product
- Accident, or
- Use in a manner not intended and outlined in the user manual. Any subsequent damages caused by the above listed exclusions will not be covered and any claims determined to meet the above exclusions will be denied. All liability is limited to the purchase price and does not include any:
- Retail offered extended warranties
- Other charges (including postage to send required materials)
- Incidental and/or consequential damages associated with the product in question.
Every implied warranty, including any statutory warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law, in which case such warranty is limited to the duration of this written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights that vary depending on where you live. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or special, incidental, or consequential damaged, so the above limitations may not apply to you. If you have a claim under this warranty, please call our Customer Service number: 1-800-562-0738. For faster service, please have the model number, serial number, and receipt ready for the operator to assist you.
Please mail this warranty card to the address below within 30 days of purchase. Galanz Americas, 55 Challenger Road, Suite 503, Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660.
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY.
- Model Number
- Serial Number
- Purchase Location
You must attach a copy of your purchase receipt to validate your registration.