FREEZERINSTRUCTION MANUALModel No.: GLF31 UWED
To ensure proper use of this appliance and for your safety, please read the following instructions completly before operating this appliance.
- Thank for purchasing our products and thank you for placing your confidence in us.
- Please read this manual carefully before using. Follow instructions and keep it for future reference.
- Please follow the operating instructions and safety notices in the manual.
- If any trouble arise, do not fix it yourself or hand it to the after sales service center which has not been authorized. Please contact the local authorized service center.
SAVE THIS INFORMATION FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Important notice: Please keep this appliance standing upright during transportation. If the unit must be laid on its side at any time, please stand the appliance upright for at least 4 hours before using.For all consumer questions or inquiries, please contact our Canada customer service line at 800-562-0738.
PARTS AND FEATURES
1. Temperature control knob
- The freezer you purchased may be improved, which maybe not completely consistent with the manual, However the functions and operating methods will not change. Please feel free to use!
- If you use the freezer for the first time, remove the adhesive tapes of the drawers, balconies, egg tray, and the drain tube plug.
- Do not pull or push the drawers and balconies fiercely during use incase of damage.
- Adjusted the temperature control as higher as you could accept, which will save the energy consumption of the freezer and your money;
- Don’t open the freezer door continually if it is in the normal working situation.
- Keep the combination of drawers, baskets and shelves of the freezer is consistent with its original standard.
To ensure your personal safety, please follow the instructions below:
- The circuitry for freezer must be isolated. The area of cross section of wire must be larger than 0.75mm2. The power plug should have its own socket, the socket must be grounded as adapter may cause the socket to overheat.
- The voltage and frequency of this product should be 120V; 60Hz. Contact the local maintenance station or retailer if the wire is damaged.
- Disconnect power only by pulling the power plug out of the socket directly but not by the wire.
- Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons(including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Keep ventilation opening, in the appliance enclosure or in the built in structure,clear of obstruction.
- Before you throw away your old freezer.– Take off the doors;– Leave the shelves in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance. This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as-staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments;-farmhouses and by clients in hotels, motels, and other residential type environments;-bed and breakfast type environments;-catering and similar non-retail applications.
- Do not use electrical appliance inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 yearsand above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilitiesor lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of theappliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not playwiththeapplOnce. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- If gas leaks from its container, do not pull the plug out or in, for it may cause sparks and fire calamities.
- Don’t splash water on the rear of the appliance, for it may cause malfunction or electric shock.
- Don’t store inflammabe materials such as ether, benzene, LP gas and glue etc in the refrig hterator.
- Don’t place bottled beverage in the freezer, so as to prevent breaking.
- It is better not to place objects on the top of appliance which is magnetic, heavy, or be filled with water. Electronic components may not work steadily if water gets inside. Do not store object which is costly or impressible to temperature and , e.g. serum, bacterin and soon.
- The refrigerant of this product is R600a, is inflammable. So, make sure not to damage the cooling system during the transportation and installation.
- DISPOSAL: Do not dispose this product asunsorted municipal waste. Collection of such wasteseparately for special treatment is necessary.
- The freezer should be located in a completely flat surface, leave 1.97-3.94″ (5-10 cm) between each side of the appliance and the wall, and leave 11.81″ (30 cm) between the top of the appliance and the ceiling.
- Choose a location which is not exposed to sunlight , high temperature or humid , as humidity maycause stain.
- Pulled out the bottom panel before installation.
- The appliance can be adjusted by rolling its two legs in front the bottom when it is unstable. Rolling in clockwise can rise up the machine.
- .The location should be firm and flat. An unsecure position may cause noise and libration: (a)The noise may be increased if the floor is not firm. (b) Put a sheet under the appliance for solving the heat emission if you need to locate it onto a carpet.
- Make sure the adjustable legs are clung to the floor, and set the appliance slope backward slightly for keeping the doorsclosed tightly.
PLACEMENT OF FOOD
- There should always be some space between items inside for air circulation.
- Food should be kept in sealed package to avoid becoming dry or with odour
- Hot food should be cooled down before placing into the appliance. Otherwise, interior temperature and electronic consumption will increase.
- Reduce the frequency of door opening can efficiently low down the electronic consumption. Warning: Do not use any electronic equipment inside the appliance.
INSTRUCTION FOR USAGE
The temperature of freezer can be controlled manually with the dial. The number on the dial does not represent the temperature. Turn dial too for normal use. To lower the temperature, turn the dial to higher number as desired. Freezer will turn off at 0 setting.
PACKING AND MOVING
- Unpacking, repacking and transportation Please memorize the position of each accessory of the appliance when unpacking it, repack the product and check it carefully before transportation.
- Do not lift or pull the door or the door handle during transportation.
- When moving, the appliance can not be sloped over 45 degrees (the angle to the vertical direction). Please avoid strong vibration and impact.
The freezer should be maintained and cleaned frequently. For your safety, pull the plug out of the electrical outlet before cleaning.
- Interior maintenance. Clean the interior of the freezer with clean water or a neutral cleaning solution and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Maintenance of door gasket. Clean with waterand wipe down with dry cloth. Keep oilsand other liquidsaway from the gasket.
- Outer maintenance.Wipe with a dry cloth and clean With neutral cleaning solution if necessary.
Defrost Procedures: Remove all food items from the freezer, take out all drawers and shelves, and unplug the cord from the electrical outlet. Keep the freezer door open, allow the freezer to thaw. Wipe all drawers and shelves with water ora neutral cleaning solution and wipe with a dry cloth. Wipe the inside of the freezer with water or a neutral cleaning solution and wipe with a dry cloth. Keep door open to prevent any unwanted odors. Do not use any other equipment or method to push the defrost process. It may destroy the cooling system.
DISCONNECTING THE FREEZER
After a power failure the freezer can store food normally for several hours. In the event of long power outages see instructions below.
- Long power outage. After a power outage, do not put additional food items into the freezer. Keep the door closed as much as possible to preserve the internal temperature for longer periods of time.
- Disconnecting the freezer for long periods of time. Remove all food items from the freezer. Remove the plug from the electrical outlet and allow the freezer to defrost. Wipe the inside of the freezer with a dry cloth and leave the door open to allow air inside.
- Storing the freezer for long periods of time. Freezer should be removed from the electrical outlet. Follow the same defrost procedure as above. The freezer door should be left open to prevent any unpleasant odors from remaining in the freezer.AttentioIn a general condition, do not stop the appliance in case of effects its life. After unplugging the power, please leave at least 5 minutes before resumption.
- Do not splash water on the freezer, as it will cause oxidation and malfunction. Electronic component such as on/off button should be wiped dryly.
- Cleansers such as soap powder, abrasive cleaning powder, alkali cleansers, chemical cloth, thinner, alcohol, acid petroleum productand hot water should not be used to clean the freezer as they may damage the painted cover and plastics.
- Smear can damage the interior plastic component, so wipe it as soon as possible.
- Please check the points below after maintenance:(1) Is there any damage or loss of the electronic wire?(2) Can the plug be put in the socket reliablyand smoothly?(3) Is the plug heating unconventionally? Please get rid of the gasket of the door before the disposal.
Warning The disposed apparatus should be handled by professional staff, as it may be harmful to the environment.
- The freezer does not work It may not be connected to the power supply(plug, powercut orfuse); Voltage is too low.
- The freezer does not work efficiently as expected It may be caused by heavy frost, or by warm temperature setting,or by frequent door openning.
- It makes unusual noise It may be caused by an imbalance or loose ground locating the appliance, or by resonation between the appliance and other ambient objects.
- The compressor keeps working fora long period The ambient temperature may be too high. The doors may be opened frequently or even they are left open. The temperature control knob setting in (4-7) state may increase the working time of compressor.
- Pungent odour Food with strong odour should be packed tightly before being put inside the appliance. Please check whether there isany deteriorated item or whether the liners are left dirty fora long time.
- Water leaks from the bottom of the freezer The drain tube is jammed. Please use a proper tool to solve it.
- Heavy frost occurs on the rear of the appliance Putting humid or hot food into the appliance may cause this problem. Or it may be caused by the heavy moisture around.
The follow cases are not malfunction
- Moisture may form dew on the outside of the product during the humid season, just get it wiped.
- The flow of refrigerant through the pipeline coil can cause a bicker.
- It is normal that the sides of product get warm as a result of the cooling pipeline working.
- The frame of the appliance will be warm during working by the defrost pipeline inside it.Please check the points above first. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
SPECIFICATIONS AND PARAMETERS
|Electric shock protection type||I|
|Voice [dB(A)]||≤ 42|
|Energy consumption (kW.h/24h)||0.66|
|Interior temperature CC)||Freezer||≤- 18|
This warranty applies to products purchased and used in canada. This is the only express warranty for this product and is in lieu of any other warranty.
This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below, During this period, we will repair or replace this product at our option.
This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser and does not cover a defect resulting from abuse, misuse, neglect including failure to clean product regularly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, use for commercial purposes, or any use not in conformity with the printed directions,
We exclude all claims for special, incidental, and consequential damages caused by breach of express or implied warranty. All liability is limited to the amount of the purchase price. Every implied warranty, Including any statutory warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law, in which case such warranty is limited to the duration of this written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights that vary depending on where you live. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitations may riot apply to you,
If you have a claim under this warranty, please call our CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER, For faster service please have model, series, and type numbers ready for operator to assist you.
CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBERIn Canada 800-562-0738KEEP THIS NUMBER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!Warrantor: Zhongshan Galanz ConsumerElectric Appliances Co., Ltd, Guangdong 528429