User Manual & Setup GuideV1.0
GEPRC Crocodile5 Baby is launching right now. It is a brand new Long Range 5inch FPV.There are three versions: DJI Air Unit, Vista Polar, and (Analog)5.8G 600mW.Crocodile5 Baby LR is a lightweight long range FPV, Which can cruise smoothly for a long time or Freestyle. It is lightweight, Long Range, and has excellent flight performance.To summarise, this is a clever choice to purchase it.
Model: Crocodile5 Baby LR QuadcopterFC: GEP-F722-35A AIOESC: BLheli_S 35AVTX: DJI Air Unit Module/VISTA/ GEP-STABLE-VTX58600NCamera: DJI Camera/ Caddx Polar/Caddx Ratel2Antenna: DJI Antenna/Momoda UFL LHCP/MMCX RHCP AntennaMotor: GR2004 2550KVPropeller: GemFan5130Frame: GEP-CB5Motor to Motor: 227mmWeight: 252.2g（DJI）/232.7g（Polar）/213.8g（Analog）Receiver: PNP，Frsky RXSR ，TBS Nano RX
- Combined with DJI Air Unit Module, It supports recording 1080p 60fps video.
- Latest GEP 2004 High-Efficiency Motor, It has good heat dissipation effect, high efficiency, and more abundant power.
- The Lightweight design scheme is suitable for Long Range flight and Freestyle flights.
- The latest GEP F722 AIO FC, which has fast operation speed and higher compatibility
- Support GPS rescue mode, Long-range safer
- Flight Time:25-30min(Li-ion 3000mAh Battery)
- If Quadcopter is a damaged or unknown issue, please contact GEPRC. We’ll do our best to get this taken care of quickly for you.
- Any impact damage, product liquid damage, high-temperature burn, or other artificial damage is not covered by warranty.
- All components have been strictly inspected and tested before shipping.
- If you have any problems, please cooperate with our engineers to figure out solutions.(E-mail: [email protected].)
DJI Digital FPV System:
- Turn the power of the FPV Goggles, DJI FPV Transmitter, and Quadcopter. Press the FPV Goggles bind button twice, and it will beep to indicate the binding state.
- Press the VISTA bind button, the indicator light turn red, indicating that it is binding. Then the indicator light turns yellow, which means the binding is successful, and the FPV Goggles will display the received picture.
- Press the C1 custom button, record button, and right scroll wheel button of the remote controller,at the same time. The indicator light turns blue, and the remote controller sends a beep indicating that it is binding.
- Press the VISTA bind button, the indicator light turn red, indicating that it is binding.Then the indicator light turns yellow, which means the binding is successful. And the remote control indicator light turns Green.
Bind TBS NanoRX:
- For Taranis X9D/X9D Plus/X9E and Taranis QX7, turn on the transmitter, go to the TOOLS – CROSSFIRE SETUP – XF Micro TX, and select Bind.
- Turn on the receiver while holding the bind button on the receiver, release the button and the green LED on flash .and then hold the button for 8 seconds, and release. And the green light is off and the red light is flashing, ‘update micro RX？’ will appear on the transmitter screen, and select ‘ENTER’.
- Wait for the update to complete, the binding is successful, and the receiver’s green light is on.
Bind FrSky R-XSR:
- For Taranis X9D/X9D Plus/X9E and Taranis QX7, turn on the transmitter, go to the MENU – MODEL SETUP – PAGE 2, choose Internal RF, and select BIND.
- Turn on the receiver while holding the bind button on the receiver, release the button and the blue, red, yellow LED on.
- When the red light flashes, it indicates that the binding is successful. Turn off the receiver, and then turn on the receiver. The blue light and yellow light of the receiver are on, indicating that the link is normal.
Although your Quadcopter comes from the factory nearly completely ready to fly, you still need to install betaflight to facilitate your subsequent use of betaflight for debugging. Installation package download address:https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight-configurator/releasesEnter the web page, pull to the bottom, and select the appropriate installation package to download. EXE suffix is Windows system, DMG suffix is MacOS system, RPM / DEB suffix is Linux system, APK suffix is Android system.
If you are on windows, you must install the driver manually. macOS and Linux do not.CP210x Drivers: https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-driversSTM USB VCP Drivers: http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-stm32102.htmlZadig: http://zadig.akeo.ie/
With DJI FPV Transmitter, the toggle switch is set at the factory. The corresponding functions of each switch are as follows:SA→AUX1（ARM）SB→AUX2（MODES）SC→AUX3（BEEPER）SD→AUX4（Vacancy）
DJI toggle switches are all three sections. If you move the Yellow cursor of the corresponding aux channel of the switch, the corresponding function will be turned on when you move to the set range.
The transmitter of openTX system needs to check the AUX channel. For Taranis X9D/X9D Plus/X9E and Taranis Q X7, turn on the transmitter, go to the MENU –MIXS, and view the current AUX channel settings.
CH1-CH4 corresponds to four channels of rockerCH5（SF）→AUX1（ARM）CH6（SG）→AUX2（MODES）CH7（SA）→AUX3（BEEPER）CH8（Vacancy）→AUX4（Vacancy）
FrSky X9D transmitter SF toggle switch are two sections. If you move the Yellow cursor of the corresponding aux channel of the switch, the corresponding function will be turned on when you move to the set range.
Use the transmitter wheel to move the cursor to select the AUX channel, and then press and hold the wheel key to edit the channel.
Turn on the transmitter, THR middle, YAW left, PITCH up, enter the OSD menu. The PITCH moves the cursor up and down, and the ELE right to enter the next item. Finally, save and exit.
|Universal frequency table (BAND)||
|1, A (BOSCAM)||5865Mhz||5845M||5825M||5805M||5785M||5765M||5745M||5725M|
|2, B (BOSCAM)||5733Mhz||5752M||5771M||5790M||5809M||5828M||5847M||5866M|
|3, E (BOSCAM)||5705Mhz||5685M||5665M||5645M||5885M||5905M||5925M||5945M|
|4, F (FATSHARK)||5740Mhz||5760M||5780M||5800M||5820M||5840M||5860M||5880M|
|5, R (RACEBAND)||5658Mhz||5695M||5732M||5769M||5806M||5843M||5880M||5917M|
Install Silicone Pad, Landing pads:
Install Propellers, Battery strap:
The direction of rotation of the propellers is internal rotation. After installation, check the direction of the propellers.
GEPRC Super Buzzer:
The buzzer is connected to the FC. When the power of the quadcopter is turned on, it will automatically turn on. When the power of the quadcopter is turned off, the buzzer will make a 100 dB drip sound and the red light flashes, which is convenient for you to find the quadcopter.
Press the button once to turn off the buzzer.
In many cases, the cause of a Quadcopter crash is not checked before takeoff. For the sake of safety, we suggest that you check before every flight.The steps are as follows：
- Turn on the transmitter and select the correct mode. Please confirm that the arming switch on the transmitter is in the “disarmed” position and the throttle is all the way down;
- Please perform a physical inspection of the Quadcopter for damage. If there is damage, please repair it first;
- Please confirm the propeller is in the right direction and the propeller nut is locked, otherwise, there is a risk of a crash;
- Check LiPo battery voltage. A fully-charged LiPo should be about 4.2 volts per cell, or about 12.6 volts for a 3S, or 16.8 volts for a 4S;
- Please confirm the battery is securely attached to the aircraft by the strap. And secure the balance lead so that it can’t be struck by the props;
- Please Scan the flight area for any safety issues that might be present, such as people or animals;
- Verify that you have clean, strong video in your FPV goggles or screen. If you see interference or you see another pilot’s feed, resolve this issue before flying;
- Arm the quadcopter. Listen for the props hitting anything like an antenna or the battery wire;
- At this stage, take off and enjoy flying.
Note: if you choose to fly close to water, please pay attention to flight safety. It is difficult to salvage the Quadcopter when it falls into the water, and the water in the Quadcopter is not covered by the warranty.
1 x Crocodile5 Baby5 LR Quadcopter4 x Gemfan 5130 Props(pairs)8 x foot pads1 x The silicone pad1 x L-shaped screwdriver2 x Antenna protection tubes1 x 15*220mm battery strap