Gourmia 5.7 L / 6QT Digital Air Fryer GAF698 User Manual
Gourmia 5.7 L / 6QT Digital Air Fryer GAF698 User Manual
IMPORTANT, RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE: READ CAREFULLYFOR CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS VISIT WWW.GOURMIA.COM OR EMAIL [email protected]LANGUAGES SUPPORTED: ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISHModel: GAF698© 2020 Gourmia www.gourmia.comThe Steelstone Group Brooklyn, NYAll rights reserved. No portion of this manual may be reproduced by any means whatsoever without written permission from The Steelstone Group, except for the inclusion of quotations in a media review.Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this manual, The Steelstone Group assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. Nor is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this manual is complete and accurate, The Steelstone Group is not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual consumer; further, The Steelstone Group shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage allegedly arising from any information or suggestions in this manual.
Congratulations on the purchase of your Digital Air Fryer from Gourmia!
Here at Gourmia, we’re all about helping cooks make easy, healthy, and delicious meals an everyday possibility. We know how fast-paced life is and that sometimes a home-cooked meal doesn’t make the top of the priority list, no matter how bad you want it. Our dependable, easy-to-use units are here to help you change that. We’re giving you the tools to eat better and healthier without spending hours in the kitchen prepping and cooking.We want you to get the most out of your air fryer, which is why our team is available to help with any questions you may have. Whether you have a question with setup or need some guidance on which preset to use, we’re happy to walk you through it. Welcome to the ease of cooking with Gourmia.This manual provides instructions for all of the air fryer’s functions and features along with directions for assembling, operating, cleaning, and maintaining the appliance. Please read all safety instructions and directions for safe usage at all times. Keep this manual for future use.Thank you for choosing Gourmia!
We love hearing from you! Share your thoughts, recipes, and photos with us.@gourmia
Read all instructions before using the electric appliance.The following basic precautions should always be followed:
- This appliance shall not be used by children from 0 to 8 years.This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years.
- Cooking appliances should be positioned in a stable situation with the handles (if any) positioned to avoid spillage of the hot liquid.
- Check if the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds to the local main voltage before you connect the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance if the plug, the main cord, or the appliance itself is damaged.Always make sure that the plug is inserted properly into a wall outlet.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plugs, or appliances in water or other liquid. Do not plug in the appliance or operate the control panel with wet hands.
- Never connect this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote-control system in order to avoid a hazardous situation.To disconnect, turn off the appliance, then remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- Do not place the appliance on or near combustible materials such as a tablecloth or curtain. The accessible surfaces may become hot during use.Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not place the appliance against a wall or against other appliances. Leave at least 10 cm / 3.9 in free space on the back and sides and 10 cm / 3.9 in of free space above the appliance. Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries. 1
- Do not let the appliance operate unattended. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not touch the hot surfaces; use a handle.During air frying, hot steam is released through the air outlet openings. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the steam and from the air outlet openings. Also, be careful of hot steam and air when you remove the basket from the appliance.
- After using the appliance, avoid contact with the hot metal inside. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow the appliance to cool before cleaning.
- Immediately unplug the appliance if you see dark smoke coming out of the appliance. Wait for the smoke emission to stop before you remove the basket from the appliance.
- For household use only.
CORD AND PLUG SAFETY
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Extension cords may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- If an extension cord is used:a. The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least equal to the electrical rating of the appliance; andb. The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
KNOW YOUR AIR FRYER
The Multi-Purpose Rack (optional) can be used for additional cooking space, or as a raised cooking surface.
Place the Crisper Tray into the Basket.
DISPLAY AND CONTROL PANEL
PREHEATPreheating the air fryer before adding food will generally deliver the best results. When cooking multiple batches in a row, only preheat before the first batch.Tap PREHEAT before START to enable or disable preheating. When preheating is enabled, PREHEAT appears in red on the Display.TURN REMINDERTurning or tossing food halfway through cook time will deliver evenly browned and crispy results.Tap TURN REMINDER before START to enable or disable Turn Reminder. When Turn Reminder is enabled, TURN appears in red on the Display.See the chart on page 11 for Presets that have Preheat and Turn Reminder on by default and those that have the option to toggle the settings on and off.DISPLAY MESSAGES
PREHEATPreheat is enabled.Turn Reminder is enabled.TURNTurn Reminder is enabled.The air fryer is preheating.The air fryer is preheated.Reminder to turn or toss food.The cook time has elapsed.
Note: A checkmark indicates Preheat and Turn Reminder can be enabled or disabled by tapping PREHEAT / TURN REMINDER before tapping START.
USING YOUR AIR FRYER
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Remove all packaging stickers and labels from the air fryer, including the tape securing the Pan to the unit.
- To pull out the Basket for cleaning, remove the tape securing it into place. Secure the unit with one hand and pull the handle straight back with the other hand.
- Thoroughly clean the Basket and Crisper Tray with hot water, some dishwashing liquid, and a non-abrasive sponge.
- Wipe the inside and outside of the air fryer with a moist cloth.
Note: During the first few uses, there might be a “hot plastic” smell. This is perfectly normal in new air fryers as the material is heated for the first time. It will go away after the first few uses.WARNINGDo not fill the Basket with oil, frying fat, or any other liquid – this appliance works by circulating hot air.Do not put anything on top of the air fryer.Do not place the air fryer against a wall or against other appliances. It is important to leave at least 10 cm / 3.9 in of free space around the back and sides, and 10 cm / 3.9 in of free space above the air fryer to allow for proper ventilation.USING YOUR AIR FRYER
- Place the air fryer on a stable, horizontal, heat-resistant, and level surface.
- Insert the Crisper Tray into the Basket and slide it into the air fryer.
- Plug the air fryer into an outlet.
- Tap the Power Icon to turn it on.
- Tap the desired Preset.The Display will show the preset temperature and time.To adjust temperature and time follow instructions on page 15.With PREHEAT Enabled (enable before tapping START.)
- Tap START.The Display will show “Preheat” (PrE seat) and the air fryer will begin preheating. Once preheated, it will beep 5 times and the Display will show “Add Food” (Add Food).Caution: Basket will be hot!
- Remove the Basket carefully, place food inside, and return it to the air fryer to automatically begin cooking.Continue on page 14.
- Remove the Basket, place food inside, and return it to the air fryer.
- Ensure Preheat is disabled and Tap START.Cooking Tip: Spray food with cooking oil for a crispier finish.With TURN REMINDER Enabled (enable before tapping START.)• Halfway through the cooking time, the air fryer will beep 5 times and the Display will show “Turn Food” (turn Food).• Remove the Basket carefully and place it on a heat-resistant surface.• Turn or toss the food using tongs.• Return the Basket to the air fryer to automatically resume cooking.Note: If the Basket is not removed, cooking will resume.When your selected cook time has elapsed, the air fryer will beep 5 times and the display will show “End” (End).
- Remove the Basket carefully and place it on a heat-resistant surface.
- Remove food from the Basket using tongs.Always use caution when removing the Basket during/after cooking.Caution: Carefully remove Basket – hot steam may escape!WARNING: The Basket and food will be hot! Do not touch hot surfaces.Do not use sharp or metal utensils to avoid scratching the nonstick surface.Do not turn the Basket upside down, as any excess oil that has collected on the bottom of the Basket will leak onto the food.
ADJUSTING TEMPERATURE AND TIME
Cooking Tip: For ideal temperature and time settings for various foods, see the Air Fry Cooking Chart and Dehydrate Chart on pages 64 through 67 of the Gourmia Recipe Book.
- Tap TEMP / TIME to adjust the temperature.
- Tap + and – icons to increase and decrease temperature.
- Tap TEMP / TIME again to adjust the time.
- Tap + and – icons to increase and decrease time.
Tip: Press and hold + and – icons to increase and decrease temperature and time rapidly.STOP / CANCEL COOKINGTap STOP / CANCEL once to stop cooking.Tap START to resume cooking.Removing the Basket from the air fryer during cooking will stop cooking. Returning the Basket to the air fryer will automatically resume cooking.Tap STOP / CANCEL twice to cancel cooking.
- For an extensive list of foods and their ideal amounts, temperature, and time settings, along with preparation notes, see the Air Fry Cooking Chart and Dehydrate Chart on pages 64 through 67 of the Gourmia Recipe Book.
- Air fryers perform similar to ovens, refer to oven instructions on item packaging or recipe.
- Snacks that can be prepared in an oven can also be prepared in the air fryer.
- Smaller ingredients usually require a slightly shorter cook time than larger ingredients.
- Turning or tossing food halfway through cook time will deliver evenly browned and crispy results. (See Turn Reminder on page 9.)
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to fresh potatoes for a crispy result. Air fry the ingredients within a few minutes after adding the oil.
- Do not prepare foods that will produce a large amount of grease in the air fryer.
- Place a baking pan or an oven-safe dish or pan in the Basket to bake a cake or quiche or to air fry fragile or filled ingredients.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
WARNINGNEVER immerse cord, plug, or air fryer in water or any other liquid.Do not use metal kitchen utensils or abrasive cleaning material to clean the Basket and Crisper Tray, as this may damage the non-stick coating.
- Clean the air fryer after every use.
- Remove the plug from the outlet.
- Let the air fryer cool down completely. Remove the Basket from the air fryer to cool it down quicker.
- Clean the Basket and Crisper Tray in the dishwasher’s top rack only or with hot water, dish soap, and a non-abrasive sponge.
- If residue is stuck to the bottom of the basket, fill it with hot water and dish soap and let it soak.
- Wipe the outside of the air fryer with a moist cloth.
- Clean the inside of the air fryer with hot water, dish soap, and a cleaning brush to remove any food residue.
- Ensure the air fryer is completely dry before using.
- Unplug the appliance and let it cool down.
- Make sure all parts are clean and dry.
- Store the appliance in a clean and dry place.
ENVIRONMENTDo not throw away the appliance with the normal household waste at the end of its life, but hand it in at an official collection point for recycling. By doing this, you help to preserve the environment.GUARANTEE AND SERVICEIf you need service or information or if you have a problem, please visit www.Gourmia.com or contact your distributor.
|The air fryer does not work.||The air fryer is not plugged in.||Plug the main plug into a grounded wall socket.|
|The timer has not been set.||Tap the timer icon to set the required cook time to turn on the air fryer.|
|The Basket is not put into the air fryer properly.||Slide the basket into the air fryer properly.|
|The ingredients did not cook.||There are too many ingredients in the Basket.||Put smaller batches of ingredients in the pan.Smaller batches are fried more evenly.|
|The set temperature is too low.||Tap + and – Icons to set the required temperature setting.|
|The cook time is too short.||Tap + and – Icons to set the required cook time.|
|The ingredients are fried unevenly in the air fryer.||Certain types of ingredients need to be shaken halfway through the cooking time.||Ingredients that lie on top of or across each other (e.g. fries) need to be shaken halfway through the cooking time. (See Turn Reminder on page 9.)|
|Fried snacks are not crispy when they come out of the air fryer.||You used a type of snack meant to be cooked in a traditional deep fryer.||Use oven snacks or lightly brush some oil onto the snacks for a crispier result.|
|I cannot slide the Basket into the air fryer properly.||The Basket is overfilled.||Do not fill the Basket beyond the max line.|
|White smoke comes out of the air fryer.||You are preparing greasy ingredients.||When you fry greasy ingredients in the air fryer, a large amount of oil will leak into the Basket. The oil produces white smoke and the Basket may heat up more than usual. This does not affect the air fryer or the end result.|
|The Basket still contains grease residue from previous use.||White smoke is caused by grease heating up in the pan. Make sure you clean the Basket properly after each use.|
|Fresh fries are fried unevenly in the air fryer.||Quality potatoes will give an even cook.||Use fresh potatoes and make sure they stay firm during frying.|
|Potatoes are too starchy.||Rinse the potato sticks properly and dry to remove starch from the outside of the sticks.|
|Fresh fries are not crispy when they come out of the air fryer.||The crispiness of the fries depends on the amount of oil and water in the fries.||Make sure you dry the potato sticks properly before you add the oil.Cut the potato sticks smaller for a crispier result.Add slightly more oil for a crispier result.|
WARRANTY & SERVICE
This Limited Warranty is for one full year from the date of purchase. It is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to a third-party user. Repair or replacement of defective parts is solely at the seller’s discretion. In the event that repair isn’t possible, the seller will replace the product/part. If product repair/replacement won’t suffice, the seller has the option of refunding the cash value of the product or component returned.Product defects not covered under the Warranty provisions include normal wear and damage incurred from the use or accidental negligence, misuse of instruction specifications, or repair by unauthorized parties. The manufacturing company is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages incurred by such circumstances. Only valid within the United States.Register your product at www.Gourmia.com/warranty
Get cooking with Gourmia
Costco Wholesale UK Ltd / Costco Online UK LtdHairspring Lane Watford, HertsWD25 8JS United Kingdom01923 213113www.costco.co.ukFOR CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTSVISIT WWW.GOURMIA.COMEMAIL [email protected]LANGUAGES SUPPORTED:ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH
No it does not. It’s new in box.
An air fryer is a countertop appliance that uses superheated air to cook food.
Air fryers use hot air to circulate around the food, cooking it from all sides. This method of cooking is similar to the convection ovens you may be familiar with.
You can cook anything you would normally cook in your oven or on your stove top. Air fryers are great for cooking chicken wings, french fries, onion rings, and even desserts!
An air fryer uses superheated air to cook food, while a convection oven uses hot air and fan circulation to cook food. The end results are similar, but the cooking process is different!
We are a family of two. and I bought the 6 qt size for when the family comes for a meal. To cook steak or hamburgers the large size is best, because you can put in more then 2. I tried using this in our camper, but it blew a fuse, bought a smaller one to travel and it works fine.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Yes, you can do 2 different foods at the same time. A steel rack is provided that you can put midway in the fryer. So you can put one layer of food on the bottom and one on top of the rack. If the 2 foods require differing amounts of time, it can be done this way. Suppose one takes 30 minutes and the other takes 40. The air fryer has a feature that beeps when the food is one-half done so that you can turn the food over. So turn both foods over in 15 minutes and take one out in 30 minutes. Then do the other one an additional 5 minutes on each side. We really like our air fryer.
Yes. Press STOP before you remove the basket to check the food. Then replace the basket and press START. It will automatically start again.
Mine came with a cookbook which I barely use. The air fryer is easy to use
try to make it in 4 pieces
L x W x H: 15.1” x 11” x 14”
It does not say the exact answer. Most air fryers are coated with teflon.
Product dimensions: 12Lx11Wx13.5H
It’s a smaller version vs the 8qt
The Gourmia 6 qt digital air fryer comes with a removable, non-stick, dishwasher safe crisping basket, a multi-purpose rack and and a crisper tray.