Gourmia GTF7600 Digital Air Fryer Oven User Manual
IMPORTANT, RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE: READ CAREFULLY
Model: GTF7600© 2019 Gourmiawww.gourmia.comThe Steel stone GroupBrooklyn, NY
All rights reserved. No portion of this manual may be reproduced by any means whatsoever without written permission from The Steel stone Group, except for the inclusion of quotations in a media review.
Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this manual, The Steel stone Group assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. Nor is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this manual is complete and accurate, The Steel stone Group is not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual consumer; further, The Steel stone Group shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage allegedly arising from any information or suggestion in this manual.
Congratulations on the purchase of your Digital Air Fryer Oven from Gourmia!
Here at Gourmia, we’re all about helping cooks make easy, healthy, and delicious meals an everyday possibility. We know how fast-paced life is and that sometimes a home cooked meal doesn’t make the top of the priority list, no matter how bad you want it. Our dependable, easy-to-use units are here to help you change that. We’re giving you the tools to eat better and healthier without spending hours in the kitchen prepping and cooking.
We want you to get the most out of your air fryer oven, which is why our team is available to help with any questions you may have. Whether you have a question with setup or need some guidance on which preset to use, we’re happy to walk you through it. Welcome to the ease of cooking with Gourmia.
This manual provides instructions for all of the air fryer oven’s functions and features along with directions for assembling, operating, cleaning, and maintaining the appliance. Please read all safety instructions and directions for safe usage at all times. Keep this manual for future use.Thank you for choosing Gourmia!We love hearing from you! Share your thoughts, recipes, and photos with us.
When using electric appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed:
- Read all instructions.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children younger than 8) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have supervision.
- Check if the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds to the local main voltage before you connect the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance if the plug, the main cord or the appliance itself is damaged. Always make sure that the plug is inserted properly into a wall outlet.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with theappliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid. Do not plug in the appliance or operate the control panel with wet hands.
- Never connect this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote-control system in order to avoid a hazardous situation. To disconnect, turn off the appliance, then remove plug from wall outlet.
- Do not place the appliance on or near combustible materials such as a tablecloth or curtain. The accessible surfaces may become hot during use. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not place the appliance against a wall or against other appliances. Leave at least 4 inches of free space on the back and sides and 4 inches of free space above the appliance. Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by theappliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not let the appliance operate unattended. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not touch the hot surfaces use handle. During air frying, hot steam is released through the air outlet openings. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the steam and from the air outlet openings. Also be careful of hot steam and air when you remove the pan from the appliance.
- After using the appliance, avoid contact with the hot metal inside. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before cleaning the appliance.
- Immediately unplug the appliance if you see dark smoke coming out of the appliance. Wait for the smoke emission to stop before you remove the pan from the appliance.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
- Use extreme caution when removing tray or disposing of hot grease.
- Do not clean with metal scouring pads. Pieces can break off the pad and touch electrical parts, creating a risk of electric shock.
- Oversize foods or metal utensils must not be inserted in a toaster-oven as they may create a fire or risk of electric shock.
- A fire may occur if the toaster oven is covered or touching flammable material, including curtains, draperies, walls, and the like, when in operation. Do not store any item on top of the appliance when in operation.
- Extreme caution should be exercised when using containers constructed of anything other than metal or glass.
- Do not store any materials, other than manufacturers recommended accessories, in this oven when not in use.
- Do not place any of the following materials in the oven: paper, cardboard, plastic, and the like.
- Do not cover crumb tray or any part of the oven with metal foil. This will cause overheating of the oven.
- Turn off the appliance by pressing START/CANCEL.
- For household use only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Extension cords may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- If an extension cord is used:a. The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least equal to the electrical rating of the appliance; andb. The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
ELECTRICAL POLARIZED PLUGThis unit has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, the plug is intended to be used by inserting it into the electrical outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit securely into the outlet, reverse the plug and re-insert. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician for assistance. Do not modify the plug in any way.
KNOW YOUR AIR FRYER OVEN
USING YOUR AIR FRYER OVEN
BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Remove all packaging stickers, and labels from the unit.
- Wash the Fry Basket, Oven Rack, Baking Pan, and Crumb Tray with hot water, some dishwashing liquid, and a nonabrasive sponge. Dry before placing trays into Air Fryer Oven.
- Place the Crumb Tray in the bottom of the Air Fryer Oven,
- Do not place the Air Fryer Oven against a wall or against other appliances. It is important to leave at least 4 inches of free space on the back and sides, and 4 inches of free space above the Air Fryer Oven to allow for proper ventilation.
- Do not put anything on top of the Air Fryer Oven.
DISPLAY AND CONTROL PANEL
- Place the Air Fryer Oven on a stable, horizontal, heat-resistant, and leveled surface.
- Plug the Air Fryer Oven into an electrical wall outlet.
- To choose a preset cooking mode, rotate the Selector Dial. A small arrow will move along the preset names as you turn the dial. Stop when the arrow reaches your desired preset. The preset’s default time and temperature will be displayed.
- To adjust the time, press TIME/SLICES, and rotate the Selector Dial until your desired time is displayed.In TOAST/BAGEL mode: Press TIME/SLICES, and Rotate the Selector Dial until your desired number of slices is displayed.
- To adjust the temperature, press TEMP/SHADE, and rotate the Selector Dial until desired temperature is displayed.In TOAST/BAGEL mode: Press TEMP/SHADE, and rotate the Selector Dial until your desired shade level is displayed.Note: See pages 12-15 for each presets time and temperature range.
- Press START/CANCEL to begin cooking.The screen will turn orange, and the countdown timer will begin.
- Place food into the Air Fryer Oven.
Note: If the chosen preset includes preheating, wait until the alarm rings, and “Add Food” appears on the display, indicating the oven has reached the proper temperature. Then place food inside.
- To adjust temperature and time while cooking, follow steps 5 & 6.
- To turn the Convection fan on/off, press CONVECTION. The Convection Fan Icon will be displayed when the fan is on.
Note: Press START/CANCEL to stop. The display will show “CANL”, beep 3 times and turn blue. Press again within 3 seconds to resume cooking.
TIPS ON USING THE CONVECTION SETTINGBecause convection cooks foods faster and is hotter, you can reduce the cooking temperature by 25°, and check for doneness three quarters of the way through the cook time.
Foods that are covered benefit from the convection’s even heat and will cook faster without any moisture loss.
The high temperature air circulation produces roasted foods that are golden brown on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside.
Even cooking means that you can use more than one rack and you do not have to turn foods or rotate baking trays.
Below are foods that benefit from the convection setting and when to use it:
Convection roast:Meat, vegetables, whole fishConvection Bake:Pies, pastries, cookies, biscuitsConvection Broil:Meat, fish, for melting cheese, for browning the top of casseroles
- Use the lower rack position and check often so the cheese does not burn.
- Start with no convection and then turn on convection for the last few minutes to brown cheese.
Not recommended for:Custards and flans, soufflés, cakes, quickbeams, breads
- Make sure air can circulate around food and pans.
- Use trays, roasting pans, and baking pans with lower sides.
- Do not cover the oven shelves with foil.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
WARNING: Never immerse cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid. Do not plug in the appliance or operate the control panel with wet hands.
- Clean the appliance after every use.
- Always unplug the appliance and let it cool down completely before cleaning.
- Never use abrasive utensils or corrosive products to clean the appliance.
- Apply a cleansing agent to a cloth and wipe down the exterior.
- Apply a mild liquid soap solution to a damp cloth or sponge and wipe down interior. Remove any residue with a damp cloth.
- Clean accessories in dishwasher, or hand wash with a nylon scoring pad or brush in warm, soapy water.
- Unplug the appliance and let it cool down.
- Make sure all parts are clean and dry.
- Store the appliance in a clean and dry place.
ENVIRONMENT Do not throw away the appliance with the normal household waste at the end of its life, but hand it in at an official collection point for recycling. By doing this, you help to preserve the environment.
GUARANTEE AND SERVICEIf you need service or information or if you have a problem, please visit our website or contact your distributor.
WARRANTY & SERVICE
This Limited Warranty is for one full year from the date of purchase. It is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to a third party user. Repair or replacement of defective parts is solely at the seller’s discretion. In the event that repair isn’t possible, the seller will replace the product/ part. If product repair/replacement won’t suffice, the seller has the option of refunding the cash value of the product or component returned.
Product defects not covered under the Warranty provisions include normal wear and damage incurred from use or accidental negligence, misuse of instruction specifications or repair by unauthorized parties.
The manufacturing company is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages incurred by such circumstances.Only valid within the United States.Register your product at www.Gourmia.com/warranty
Get cooking with Gourmia
We’d love to hear from you!888.552.0033[email protected]