hama 00200009 Universal Car Notebook Power Supply Instruction Manual
1. Explanation of warning symbols and notes
Risk of electric shock
This symbol indicates a risk of electric shock from touching product parts carrying hazardous voltage.
This symbol is used to indicate safety instructions or to draw your attention to specific hazards and risks.
This symbol is used to indicate additional information or important notes.
2. Package contents
- Universal Car Notebook Power Supply Unit
- 8 notebook connectors
- These operating instructions
3. Safety instructions
- Use the product only for the intended purpose.
- Do not use the product in the immediate vicinity of heaters, other heat sources or in direct sunlight.
- Only use the article under moderate climatic conditions.
- Do not use the product in areas in which electronic products are not permitted.
- Do not use the product in a damp environment and avoid splashing water.
- Do not short-circuit the battery of the opened terminal device. There is a risk of explosion.
- Protect the product from dirt, moisture and overheating and use it in dry environments only.
- Do not drop the product and do not expose it to any major shocks.
- Do not operate the product outside the power limits specified in the technical data.
- Always pull directly on the plug when disconnecting the cable, never on the cable itself.
- Make sure that cables do not pose a tripping hazard or block emergency exits.
- Do not bend or crush the cable.
- As with all electrical products, this device should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Do not modify the device in any way. Doing so voids the warranty.
- Keep the packaging material out of the reach of children due to the risk of suffocation.
- Dispose of packaging material immediately in accordance with the locally applicable regulations.
- Ensure there is sufficient scope for heat dissipation and ventilation.
When using this product, observe the applicable local traffic laws and regulations.
- Take care that components such as airbags, safety areas, controls, instruments, etc. and visibility are not blocked or restricted.
- Ensure that the product is securely mounted before every journey.
- Do not allow yourself to be distracted by the product when driving a vehicle. Always pay attention to the surrounding traffic and your environment.
- Make sure that the connected device meets the requirements for supply through class PS3 power sources. If there is any doubt, ask your device manufacturer.
Risk of electric shock
- Do not open the device or continue to operate it if it becomes damaged.
- Do not use the product if the charging cable, adapter cable or power cable is damaged.
- Do not attempt to service or repair the product yourself. Leave any and all service work to qualified experts.
4. Start-up and operation
Note – mains voltage 12V
Only operate the power supply unit on car electrical networks with a network voltage of 12 V.
- Ensure that your notebook requires a supply voltage of 15V / 16V / 18V / 19V / 20V / 22V / 24V (+/- 1 Volt).
- You can find this information on the original power supply unit or in your terminal device’s operating manual. If necessary, ask the dealer who supplied your terminal device or contact your terminal device manufacturer’s support service.
- Set the voltage selector switch to the voltage required by your terminal device.
- Do not use the universal notebook power supply unit if you are unable to definitively determine your terminal device’s supply voltage.
- Do not change the voltage again during operation of the power supply unit in combination with a terminal device.
- Ensure that the notebook / netbook’s total power consumption does not exceed the power supply unit’s rated output of 120 W.
- Failure to comply with this may cause damage to the universal notebook power supply unit and the connected terminal device!
Note the instructions in your device’s operating manual. If these do not contain any instructions expressly to the contrary, proceed as follows:
- Do not use force to connect the notebook connector.
- Missing or lost notebook connectors can be requested via our support hotline or by visiting www.hama. com/adapter-service. Available connectors will be sent to you free of charge.
- Use the connector on the original power supply unit to select the appropriate notebook connector.
- Without connecting it to the power supply unit, determine the mechanical compatibility between the notebook connector and the connection socket on the terminal device.
- The connector must slide easily into the socket but should not exhibit too much play.
- Connect the appropriate notebook connector to the power supply unit’s DC connection cable.
- Connect the cable to your terminal device.
- Then connect the mains connector to the car electrical system’s car socket.
- When the power supply is active, the LED lights up to indicate that the power supply unit is ready for operation.
- The terminal device can now be used and switched on / charged.
Note regarding the car battery
- With some vehicles, it can happen that power continues to be supplied even though the ignition has been switched off.
- You should therefore disconnect the product from the car electrical system after switching the engine off to protect your car battery from being drained.
5. Care and Maintenance
Disconnect the product from the mains before cleaning.
- Only clean this product with a slightly damp, lint-free cloth and do not use aggressive cleaning agents.
- Ensure that no water is able to enter the product.
6. Warranty Disclaimer
Hama GmbH & Co KG assumes no liability and provides no warranty for damage resulting from improper installation/ mounting, improper use of the product or from failure toobserve the operating instructions and/or safety notes.
7. Technical data
|Input voltage||12 – 16V DC|
|15 / 16/ 18/|
|Output voltage / current||19 / 20/ V 6A
22 / 24/ V 5A
|Max. output power||120 W|
|Ambient temperature||0°– 40° C|
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF: