Hamilton Beach 35051-CL Air Fryer
Read before useFor recipes, tips, product information and registration:hamiltonbeach.com
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are supervised. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or air fryer in water or other liquid.
- Unplug from electrical socket when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before cleaning appliance and putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged supply cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Supply cord replacement and repairs must be conducted by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. Visit hamiltonbeach.com for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- To disconnect, turn off by pressing Power ON/OFF button ( ); then remove plug from wall electrical socket. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the electrical socket.Never pull from the power cord.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquid.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
- Clean air fryer interior carefully.Do not scratch or damage heating element tube.
- Do not operate the appliance by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- CAUTION: HOT SURFACE. The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating.
Other Consumer Safety Information
This appliance is intended for household use only.This appliance is only intended for the preparation, cooking, and serving of foods. This appliance is not intended for use with any nonfood materials or products.
WARNING: Electrical Shock Hazard: The male plug shall be connected only in a female eletrical socket with the same technical characteristics of male plug.The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce the hazards of becoming tangled in or tripping over a longer cord.If a longer cord is necessary, an approved extension cord may be used. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the rating of the appliance. Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally tripped over.To avoid an electrical circuit overload, do not use another high-wattage appliance on the same circuit with this appliance.
Parts and Features
CAUTION: Hot Surface. The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating.
- Control Display Panel
- Power Indicator Light
- Basket Release Button
- Basket Handle
- Air Vents
- Removable Basket
How to Use the Air Fryer
CAUTION Hot Surface. The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating.Before first use: Wash Pan and Removable Basket in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry.
- Plug into electrical socket.Power Indicator Light and Power ON/OFF will illuminate blue.
- Hold Basket Handle and pull straight out to remove the Pan with Removable Basket.
- Add food to Removable Basket.
- Lightly misting the food with oil will produce crispier results.
- Do not fill Removable Basket more than 3/4 full.
- Never cook in Pan; always make sure the Removable Basket is added to the Pan before cooking.
- Press and hold Power ON/OFF to turn on Air Fryer.
- Press Menu button to select program, then press Power ON/OFF to start cooking.
- The default cooking temperature and time can be changed at any time by pressing the Temperature/Time Toggle Button, then pressing (+) or (–) button to adjust.
- The Air Fryer will automatically beep and turn off when Timer reaches 0:00.
- Hold Basket Handle and pull straight out to remove Pan and Removable Basket.Place Pan on a heat-proof surface. Use only utensils which are high-heat resistant (400°F [205°C]) and safe for nonstick surfaces. Or, press the Basket Release Button and move Removable Basket straight up out of Pan. Pour food onto a paper towel-lined tray before serving.
- Unplug Air Fryer to turn off.NOTE: Press the Temperature/ Time button and the Menu Button simultaneously for about 3 seconds to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius or from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
Preset Programs Chart
|Function||Default Temperature||Default Cooking Time|
|French fries||400°F (205°C)||20 minutes|
|Chicken||400°F (205°C)||16 minutes|
|Fish||350°F (175°C)||12 minutes|
|Steak||350°F (175°C)||9 minutes|
|Muffins||350°F (175°C)||8 minutes|
|Vegetables||375°F (190°C)||17 minutes|
|Snacks & Appetizers|
|Frozen mozzarella sticks||about 10 sticks||375°F (190°C)||8–10 minutes|
|Frozen chicken nuggets||1/2 package (16 oz. [453 g])||400°F (205°C)||10–12 minutes|
|Fresh chicken tenders||1/2 lb. (227 g)||400°F (205°C)||5–7 minutes|
|Frozen breaded chicken tenders||9 to 10 pieces||400°F (205°C)||14–16 minutes|
|Fresh whole chicken wings||6 wings||400°F (205°C)||16–18 minutes|
|Potatoes & Vegetables|
|Frozen regular French fries||1/2 package (16 oz. [453 g])||400°F (205°C)||18–20 minutes|
|Frozen tater tots||1/2 package (16 oz. [453 g])||400°F (205°C)||8–10 minutes|
|Baked potatoes||3 potatoes||400°F (205°C)||40–45 minutes|
|Asparagus spears||1/2 lb. (227 g)||375°F (190°C)||8–10 minutes|
|Brussels sprouts, halved||1 lb. (453 g)||375°F (190°C)||13–15 minutes|
|Meat & Poultry|
|Boneless pork chops (1″ [2.5 cm] thick)||2 chops (6 oz.
[170 g] each)
|375°F (190°C)||13–15 minutes|
|Uncooked breakfast sausage||1 package (12
oz. [340 g])
|350°F (175°C)||10–12 minutes|
|Hamburger (3/4″ [1.9 cm] thick)||1 burger (6 oz.
|350°F (175°C)||15–18 minutes|
|New York strip steak (1-1/2″ [3.8 cm] thick)||1 steak (6 oz.
|400°F (205°C)||20–25 minutes|
|Fish & Seafood|
|Salmon||2 fillets (6 oz.
[170 g] each)
|350°F (175°C)||10–12 minutes|
|Frozen fish sticks||5 servings (10 sticks)||375°F (190°C)||8–10 minutes|
|Peeled and breaded fresh shrimp||16 shrimp (1
lb. [453 g])
|350°F (175°C)||10–12 minutes|
|Bakery & Desserts|
|Refrigerated biscuits||4 biscuits||350°F (175°C)||8–10 minutes|
|Corn muffins in silicone baking cups||4 muffins||350°F (175°C)||8–10 minutes|
|6″ (15 cm) cake in baking pan included in package||1 cake||350°F (175°C)||16–20 minutes|
|Frozen apple turnover||1 turnover||350°F (175°C)||12–15 minutes|
- Press Power ON/OFF.
- Press Temperature/Time Toggle Button; temperature will display.Press (+) or (–) to increase or decrease temperature to 300°F (149°C).
- Press Temperature/Time Toggle Button again; time will display. Press (+) or (–) to adjust cooking time.
- Add food to Removable Basket. Air Fryer will beep 6 times and automatically stop cooking. The Power ON/OFF Button ( ) and Power Indicator Light will remain illuminated in blue until the Air Fryer is unplugged.
Care and Cleaning
- Unplug. Allow to cool completely.
- Hand wash the Pan and Removable Basket in hot, soapy water; rinse and dry.
- Wipe the outside of the Air Fryer with a soft, damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or sponges; this will damage the exterior of the Air Fryer.
- The interior of the Air Fryer can be wiped with a damp cloth and dried.
Air Fryer doesn’t work.
- The appliance isn’t plugged in. Plug into electrical socket.
- The timer hasn’t been set.
Follow “How to Use the Air Fryer” to set timer. Food isn’t cooked.
- Too much food in the Removable Basket. Increase cooking time and continue to cook.
- The temperature was set too low. Increase the temperature and continue to cook. Food cooked unevenly.
- Too much food in Removable Basket. Shake food halfway through cooking time.
Fresh vegetables are not crisp enough.Cooking time too short.
Increase cooking time and continue to cook.Temperature is too low.
Increase temperature and continue to cook. Fresh French fries not crisp.
- Add a small amount of vegetable oil, enough to lightly coat potatoes.
- Pieces are too large. Cut potatoes smaller or thinner next batch.
Smoke coming from Air Fryer.Excessive oil dripped into the Pan or splattered onto the heating coils. Only use small amounts of oil in air fryers.
Meat or poultry isn’t cooked enough.Too much food in Removable Basket. Meat and poultry should be cooked in a single layer for even cooking. Refer to the foodsafety.gov for proper cooking doneness temperatures.