HENDI 238486 Electric Smoke Oven
You should read this user manual carefully before using the appliance.Keep these instructions with the appliance.Use outdoors only.
Dear Customer,Thank you for purchasing this Hendi appliance. Before using the appliance for the first time, please read this manual carefully, paying particular attention to the safety regulations outlined below.
- This appliance is intended for buffet and household use.
- The appliance must only be used for the purpose for which it was intended and designed. The manufacturer is not liable for any damage caused by incorrect operation and improper use.
- Keep the appliance and electrical plug away from water and any other liquids. In the event that the appliance should fall into water, immediately remove plug from the socket and do not use until the appliance has been checked by a certified technician. Failure to follow these instructions could cause a risk to lives.
- Never attempt to open the casing of the appliance yourself.
- Do not insert any objects in the casing of the appliance.
- Do not touch the plug with wet or damp hands.
- Danger of electric shock! Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself. In case of malfunctions, repairs are to be conducted by qualified personnel only.
- Never use a damaged appliance! Disconnect the appliance from the electrical outlet and contact the retailer if it is damaged.
- Warning! Do not immerse the electrical parts of the appliance in water or other liquids. Never hold the appliance under running water.
- Regularly check the power plug and cord for any damage. If the power plug or power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid danger or injury.
- Make sure the cord does not come in contact with sharp or hot objects and keep it away from open fire. To pull the plug out of the socket, always pull on the plug and not on the cord.
- Ensure that the cord (or extension cord) is positioned so that it will not cause a trip hazard.
- Always keep an eye on the appliance when in use.
- Warning! As long as the plug is in the socket the appliance is connected to the power source.
- Turn off the appliance before pulling the plug out of the socket.
- Never carry the appliance by the cord.
- Do not use any extra devices that are not supplied along with the appliance.
- Only connect the appliance to an electrical outlet with the voltage and frequency mentioned on the appliance label.
- Connect the power plug to an easily accessible electrical outlet so that in case of emergency the appliance can be unplugged immediately. To completely switch off the appliance pull the power plug out of the electrical outlet.
- Always turn the appliance off before disconnecting the plug.
- Never use accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Failure to do so could pose a safety risk to the user and could damage the appliance. Only use original parts and accessories.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge.
- This appliance must not be used by children under any circumstances.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- Always disconnect the appliance from the mains if it is left unattended or is not in use, and before assembly, disassembly or cleaning.
- Never leave the appliance unattended during use.
Special Safety Regulations
- This appliance is intended only for outdoor barbecuing use using the smoking process for cooking. Any other use may lead to damage of the appliance or personal injury.
- This appliance should be operated by trained personnel.
- WARNING! Carbon monoxide hazard! Burning wood chips will give off carbon monoxide. This appliance is intended for outdoor use in a well-ventilated area. Never use the appliance indoors, in sealed rooms or in locations with limited ventilation.
- Allow at least 2 meters of spacing on all sides from the appliance for ventilation purposes.
- Caution! Hot surface! The temperature of the accessible surface is very hot during use. Touch the main switch and the power level knob only.
- Do not place the appliance on a heating object (gasoline, electric, charcoal cooker, etc.). Keep the appliance away from any hot surfaces, open flames or flammable objects. Always operate the appliance on a level, stable, clean, non-combustible and dry surface, e. g. flagstones or concrete. The base of the appliance gets hot easily. Do not place the appliance directly on a lawn, wooden decking or similar environment.
- Position the appliance in a place where the smoke will not cause problems. Do not place the appliance near open windows or doors, near drying laundry, children in prams or shelters for people or animals.
- The appliance should be positioned out of the reach of the children and animals. Do not leave the appliance unattended while in use.
- The appliance must not be moved when it is under operation or still hot.
- Always use a match or lighter to ignite the wood chips in the tray.
- WARNING! Kitchen torch, naked flames, charcoal, briquettes, alcohol or similar combustible fuels must not be used with this appliance in order to ignite the wood chips as it will produce excessive heat that may damage the appliance or lead to personal injury.
- This appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- After each use, always let it cooling down completely before cleaning and storing the appliance and its accessories. (—> Cleaning and maintenance).
- Do not use water jet, flush directly with water or steam cleaner as the parts will get wet and electric shock might be resulted.
- Caution! Securely route the power cord if necessary and used extension cord no longer than 5 metres in order to prevent unintentional pulling or contact with the heating surface. In addition, the extension cord / plug should be complied with the national regulation for outdoor use.
- Always use the handle provided when touching the grills as the appliance is hot.
- Only use the dry wood chips for smoking process.
- Exercise extreme care when igniting the wood chips inside the chip pan; improper ignition of flammable materials may result in explosion of fire hazard.
- The ash from the smoking wood must not be placed in a rubbish bin until it is cold completely and be sure all the embers have gone out.
- Do not cover with aluminium foil as this may cause the appliance overheat.
- Be careful about the sharp corners and edges during operation.
- Do not wash the appliance with water. Washing can cause leakages and increase the risk of electric shock.
- Always remove the plug from the socket when cleaning or storing the appliance.
- The electrical installation must satisfy the applicable national and local regulations.
- No any part is dishwasher safe.
- The appliance shall be supplied through a RCD not exceeding 30mA.
- This appliance is intended for buffet and house-hold use.
- This appliance is designed for outdoor cooking by smoking process for food products. Any other use may lead to damage of the appliance or personal injury.
- Operating the appliance for any other purpose shall be deemed a misuse of the device. The user shall be solely liable for improper use of the de-vice.
Grounding installationThis appliance is classified as protection class I appliance and must be connected to a protective ground. Grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. This appliance is equipped with a cord having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
Main parts of the appliance
1. Power level knob2. Temperature display3. Magnetically closed front door4. Heating element5. Main switch (at the lower rear side)6. Air vent (at the upper rear side)
Pre-heating before using for the first time
- Check to make sure the appliance is undamaged. In case of incomplete delivery (See ==> Main parts of the appliance) or any damages, contact your supplier immediately and DO NOT use the appliance.
- Remove all the packing material and protection film (if applicable).
- Clean the appliance and its accessories with luke-warm water and a soft cloth.
- Place the appliance outdoors on a level, stable, clean, non-combustible and dry surface.
- Make sure there is sufficient spacing around the appliance for ventilation purposes.
- Before using the appliance for the first time with food, pre-heat the appliance for about 20 minutes in order to remove any protective greases or residues used during the manufacturing process.
- Open the air vent (6) fully at the rear.
- Close the front door (3).
- Plug in a suitable electrical socket and press the ON/OFF switch (5) to the “ON” position.
- Adjust the power level knob (1) to MAX. setting.
- Allow the appliance to run for 20 minutes and then switch off the appliance to the “OFF” position.
- The enclosure is hot after pre-heating. Allow cool down before cleaning and ready for putting food inside.
Preparation before using the appliance
- Place the appliance outdoors on a level, stable, clean, non-combustible and dry surface.
- Clean the chip pan from residual chips or ash.
- Half fill the chip pan with suitable dry wood chips (not included) and place the chip pan in the bracket over the heating element.
- Do not place wood chips directly on the heating element (4) as the wood chips may ignite and damage the heating Element (4).
- Place the drip tray on the lowest shelf inside the appliance.
- If necessary, lubricate the cooking racks with little cooking oil for a better outcome.
- Put the meat, fish, beef, pork, chicken on the cooking racks with a suitable distance among them to avoid over-packing together. So that the smoke can evenly circulate around the food.
- Hang the food first that needs vertical smoking using the hooks across the bar inside the appliance.
- Close the air vent (6) at the rear of the appliance.
- Plug into a suitable electrical socket and switch ON the appliance by pressing the switch (5) to the ON position. Then, red indicator will light up.
- Set the power knob (1) to MAX position for about 20 minutes until smoke come out from the ap-pliance.
- Lower the power level by adjusting the power lev-el knob (1) and open the air vent (6) to release some smoke.
- Open the front door and place the food with cook-ing rack on the shelf. Ensure there is sufficient spacing of each shelf for circulating heat and smoke evenly. Use the handle provided and wear gloves (not included) if necessary. Be careful.
- Smoke the food for the desired time and use the temperature display (2) to ensure the food reaches the desired temperature. Inside temperature setting range about approx. 50°C ~ 160°C (De-pending the outside temperature).
- Press the main switch (5) to the “OFF” position once you finish the cooking process. Then, unplug the appliance from the electrical supply outlet.
- Open the front door and carefully taken out the cooking racks with the food. Use the handle provided and wear gloves (not included) if necessary. Be careful of the burning hazard!
Note:• Actual cooking time depends on the number of factors such as weather, type and thickness of the food, the desired degree of cooking.• Dry wood chips are available in grocery stores and hardware stores.
Temperature reference guide
- Below table is a guide for the temperature setting for different food.
- It is just for reference as many factors influence. For instance, meat with/without bone inside, thickness of the food, amount of water and fat contents in the food. Outdoor weather also influences the outcome. In cold weather, longer time is required for smoking process.
- Make sure all the food is cooked thoroughly for the reason of hygiene especially the shellfish.
- Use the temperature display (2) as a reference for checking the temperature inside.
|Type of food||Suggested temperature||Remark|
|Fish and shellfish|
|Salmon||60 ~ 70°C|
|Herring||60 ~ 70°C|
|Mackerel||60 ~ 70°C|
|Trout||60 ~ 70°C|
|Scallop||70 ~ 80°C|
|Spare ribs||80 ~ 90°C||To shorten the time, precook the ribs first.|
|Tenderloin||70 ~ 80°C|
|Lamb||70 ~ 80°C|
|Beef||60 ~ 80°C||Depends on the thickness & degree of cooking preference.|
|Chicken||70 ~ 80°C|
Cleaning and maintenance
Attention: Always remove the plug from the socket and let it cool down completely before cleaning the appliance.
- Beware: Never immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid!
- Clean the outside of the appliance with a damp cloth (water with mild detergent).
- Never use aggressive cleaning agents or abrasives. Do not use any sharp or pointed objects. Do not use petrol or solvents! Clean with a damp cloth and detergent if necessary. Do not use abrasive materials.
- Do not clean the appliance with steam cleaner or water jet.
- Assemble the appliance after cleaning and make sure that the heating & control panel is mounted properly, otherwise, the appliance will not function.
|Parts||How to clean||Remark|
|All accessories such as cooking racks, handle, drip tray, etc.||– Soak in warm, soapy water or about 10 to 20 min- utes.
– Rinse under running water thoroughly.
Dry all parts well at last.
|External surfaces||– Wipe with a soft clean cloth and a little neutral detergent. Make sure no water or moisture enter inside the appliance.|
|Interior surfaces||– Remove any food residues or wood chips residues
– Wipe with a soft clean cloth and a little neutral detergent. Make sure no water or moisture enter inside the appliance.
If the appliance does not function properly, please check the below table for the solution. If you are still unable to solve the problem, please contact the supplier/service provider.
|Problems||Possible causes||Possible solutions|
|The appliance does not switch ON. The main switch (5) does not light up in red.||Power plug is not connected properly with the electrical pow- er outlet.||Make sure the power plug is connected properly with the electrical power outlet.|
|The main pressed.||switch||(5)||is||not||Press the main switch (5) to the “ON” position.|
|Main switch (5) is defective.||Contact the supplier.|
|The appliance does not heat up. But main switch (5) lights up in red and power level knob (1) is set.||Power level knob (1) is defective.||Contact the supplier.|
|Appliance does not reach the set temperature after long operation time and power level knob (1) is set.||Heating element (4) is defective||Contact the supplier.|
|Power level knob (1) is defective.||Contact the supplier.|
In case of any doubt, always contact your supplier!
Item no.: 238486Operating voltage & frequency: 230V~ 50Hz Rated wattage: 1600WProtection class: Class IWaterproof protection class: IPX4Actual temperature range: approx. 50°C ~ 160°C (Depending the outside temperature)Dimension: Approx. 540 x 380 x (H) 720 mm
Remark: Technical specification is subjected to change without prior notification
Any defect affecting the functionality of the appliance which becomes apparent within one year after purchase will be repaired by free repair or replacement provided the appliance has been used and maintained in accordance with the instructions and has not been abused or misused in any way. Your statutory rights are not affected. If the appliance is claimed under warranty, state where and when it was purchased and include proof of pur-chase (e.g. receipt).In line with our policy of continuous product devel-opment we reserve the right to change the product, packaging and documentation specifications with-out notice.
Discarding & EnvironmentWhen decommissioning the appliance, the product must not be disposed of with other household waste. Instead, it is your responsibility to dispose to your waste equipment by handing it over to a designated collection point. Failure to follow this rule may be penalized in accordance with applicable regulations on waste disposal. The separate collection and recycling of your waste equipment at the time of disposal will help conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment. For more information about where you can drop off your waste for recycling, please contact your local waste collection company. The manufacturers and importers do not take responsibility for recycling, treatment and ecological disposal, either directly or through a public system.