CONTACT GRILL263501, 263600, 263655, 263662, 263709, 263808, 263907, 263716, 263815
You should read this user manual carefully before using the appliance.
Keep these instructions with the appliance.
For indoor use only
Dear Customer,Thank you for purchasing this Hendi appliance. Before using the appliance for the first time, please read this manual carefully, paying particular attention to the safety regulations outlined below.
- This appliance is intended for commercial use only.
- The appliance must only be used for the purpose for which it was intended and designed. The manufacturer is not liable for any damage caused by incorrect operation and improper use.
- Keep the appliance and electrical plug away from water and any other liquids. In the event that the appliance should fall into the water, immediately remove the plug from the socket and do not use it until the appliance has been checked by a certified technician. Failure to follow these instructions could cause a risk to lives.
- Never attempt to open the casing of the appliance yourself.
- Do not insert any objects in the casing of the appliance.
- Do not touch the plug with wet or damp hands.
- The danger of electric shock! Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself. In case of malfunctions, repairs are to be conducted by qualified personnel only.
- Never use a damaged appliance! Disconnect the appliance from the electrical outlet and contact the retailer if it is damaged.
- Warning! Do not immerse the electrical parts of the appliance in water or other liquids. Never hold the appliance under running water.
- Regularly check the power plug and cord for any damage. If the power plug or power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid danger or injury.
- Make sure the cord does not come in contact with sharp or hot objects and keep it away from an open fire. To pull the plug out of the socket, always pull on the plug and not on the cord.
- Ensure that the cord (or extension cord) is positioned so that it will not cause a trip hazard.
- Always keep an eye on the appliance when in use.
- Warning! As long as the plug is in the socket the appliance is connected to the power source.
- Turn off the appliance before pulling the plug out of the socket.
- Never carry the appliance by the cord.
- Do not use any extra devices that are not supplied along with the appliance.
- Only connect the appliance to an electrical outlet with the voltage and frequency mentioned on the appliance label.
- Connect the power plug to an easily accessible electrical outlet so that in case of emergency the appliance can be unplugged immediately. To completely switch off the appliance pull the power plug out of the electrical outlet.
- Always turn the appliance off before disconnecting the plug.
- Never use accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Failure to do so could pose a safety risk to the user and could damage the appliance. Only use original parts and accessories.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reducedphysical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge.
- This appliance must not be used by children under any circumstances.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- Always disconnect the appliance from the mains if it is left unattended or is not in use,and before assembly, disassembly or cleaning.
- Never leave the appliance unattended during use.
Special safety precautions
- Do not place any object on the grilling place & close it with great force.
- The adjustable temperature setting of the equipment is between 50~300°C. It is recommended that the average working temperature normally should be 200~250°C.
- Do not place the appliance near heat sources, like cooking stove, heater or fire, etc. The environment temperature is lower than 45°C, the humidity is under 85%.
Important Safety Instructions
- Risk of burns! Hot surface! Fat and oil become very hot while grilling and can cause severe burns.
- Caution! Risk of burns! The grill plates and adjacent metal and plastic become very hot. The grill plates and adjacent metal and plastic parts become very hot. Therefore, use only the designated handle to open and close the grill plates.
- Do not cover the appliance in operation and keep it away from inflammable objects, e.g. curtains or newspapers or liquids, e.g.alcohol or fuels.
- This appliance is exclusively meant for private commercial use.
- This appliance is served only for the preparation of food.
- Use the appliance only in a well-ventilated area. Place the appliance on a flat and stable surface.
- Clean the appliance after each use to avoid infestation with mold fungus or vermin.
- This appliance is intended for professional use.
- This appliance is designed only for grilling appropriate food products. Any other use may lead to damage to the appliance or personal injury.
- Operating the appliance for any other purpose shall be deemed a misuse of the device. The user shall be solely liable for improper use of the device.
Hindi Contact GrillThe temperature of the grill plates can be regulated for different cooking requirements. This appliance is mainly used for grilling sandwiches and meat but can also be used for other purposes.
|1. Heating indicator2. Temperature controller3. ON/OFF switch4. Housing5. Drip tray||6. Lower grill plate7. Opening support system8. Upper grill plate9. Upper grill plate handle10. Rubber feet|
Features of Function and Structure
- The upper and lower grill plates are enameled and are easy to clean.
- Independent temperature control on the double contact grill is convenient and allows the use of a single grill plate.
- The internal temperature protector is reliable and safe.
- The grilling temperature is adjustable.
- Made of stainless steel and the drawer-style dripping tray is also made of stainless steel.
- The grill is easy to open thanks to the support system.
- Before use, make sure the supply voltage matches the rating plate.
- Plug into the socket & switch on the appliance.
- Set temperature controller clockwise to the desired emperature. The orange indicator light up. The upper and lower grilling plate starts heating up.
- Temperature can be adjusted depending on different food within 180°C to 250°C.
- After approx. 8 minutes, swivel the upper grilling plate with the handle.
- Put some edible oil on the upper & lower grilling plate.
- Place the food to be grilled on the lower filling plate and then close the appliance using the handle. Keep an eye on cooking.
- When the temperature reaches the setting value, the orange indicator lights off.
- At the front side of the lower grilling plate, there is the drip tray. The remaining edible oil will flow to the drip tray.
- Open the appliance by lifting the handle and taking away the grilled food.
- After finishing grilling, set the temperature controller to the “OFF” position and unplug the appliance.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Attention! Edible oil remaining on the grill is very hot after the use of the appliance.Risk of Electric Shock!
- Do not let water or liquids enter the appliance.
- Always disconnect the power plug before cleaning.
Risk of burns!
- Make sure the grilling plates cool down before cleaning.
- ATTENTION! Always unplug the appliance and cool down before cleaning.
- Clean the appliance after each use.
- Properly dispose of the oil in the drip tray.
- Drop a little edible oil on stubborn residues on the grill plates and let these soak for approx. 20 minutes.
- Wipe the grill plates and the housing with a slightly damp cloth.
- Avoid strong cleaning agents or scouring pads as these may damage the grilling plates corrode the plastic.
- Keep the appliance in a clean and dry location, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep the appliance out of reach of the children.
Transportation and Storage
- Please handle with care during transport, never transport or store the appliance upside down or on its sides. This may cause damage to the appliance.
- When storing the appliance, make sure the storage space is ventilated and that there are no corrosives near the appliance.
|1. Heating plates are not heated after the appliance turn on.||1. If the thermostat is defective theorange heating indicator would not beilluminated.2. At least one of the heating elements isburned.3. If the Hi-limiter is triggered the orangeindicator would be off.||1. Contact supplier for repair2. Contact supplier for repair3. There is a reset rod on the bottom of the appliance. There is no need to open the appliance.|
|2. Temperature controller has no function.||The temperature controller is defective||Contact supplier for repair|
|3. The indicator does not light up.||The indicator is broken.||If the indicator is broken you don’t needto replace the thermostat but you should contact the supplier.|
The aforementioned troubles are just for reference. If any fault occurs, please cease using and contact the supplier.
- Check the operation of the appliance regularly to prevent problems that can cause serious accidents.
- As soon as you feel the appliance isn’t working correctly or there is a problem, stop using the appliance, shut it off and contact the supplier.
|Model||Contact Grill singlelower/upper ribbed||Contact Grill singleupper ribbed / lower flat||Panini Grill lower/upper ribbed||Panini Grill lower flat/ upper ribbed||Contact Grill double left flat! right ribbed||ContactGrill double, upper ribbed / lower flat||Contact Grill double, lower & upperribbed||Contact Grill double, upper ribbed/lower flat||Contact Grill double. lower & upper ribbed|
|Voltage||229-260 V- 50/60 Hz|
|Power||‘ i00 ‘W||1800 W||22110 W||2200 W||3600 W||3600W||3600W||3000W||3000 W|
|Temperature range||50-303 °C|
|Protection class||Class I|
|Water protection class||IPX3|
|Upper grillsize||216.216 mm||214.216 mm||360×220 mm||360×220 mm||216.216 mm||216,216 mm||214.214 mm||216.216 mm||214.216 mm|
|Lower grillsize||218×230 mm||218×230 mm||360×230 mm||360×230 mm||475×230 mm||475×230 mm||675,230 mm||4751(230 mm||475×230 mm|
|Weight(approx.)||16 kg||16 kg||19 kg||19 kg||27.5 kg||27.5 kg||27.5 kg||27 kg||27 kg|
Any defect affecting the functionality of the appliance which becomes apparent within one year after purchase will be repaired free repair or replacement provided the appliance has been used and maintained in accordance with the instructions and has not been abused or misused in any way. Your statutory rights are not affected. If the appliance is claimed under warranty, state where and when it was purchased and include proof of purchase (e.g. receipt).In line with our policy of continuous product development, we reserve the right to change the product, packaging, and documentation specifications without notice.
Discarding & Environment
When decommissioning the appliance, the product must not be disposed of with other household waste. Instead, it is your responsibility to dispose of your waste equipment by handing it over to a designated collection point. Failure to follow this rule may be penalized in accordance with applicable regulations on waste disposal. The separate collection and recycling of your waste equipment at the time of disposal will help conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment. For more information about where you can drop off your waste for recycling, please contact your local waste collection company. The manufacturers and importers do not take responsibility for recycling, treatment, and ecological disposal, either directly or through a public system.
Hendi B.V.Innovatielaan 66745 XW De Klomp, The NetherlandsTel: +31 317 681 040Email: [email protected]Hendi Polska Sp. z o.o.ul. Firmowa 1262-023 Robakowo, PolandTel: +48 61 658 7000Email: [email protected]Hendi Food Service Equipment GmbHEhring 155112 Lamprechtshausen, AustriaTel: +43 (0) 6274 200 10 0Email: [email protected]Find Hendi on internet:www.hendi.euwww.facebook.com/HendiToolsforChefswww.linkedin.com/company/hendi-food-service-equipment-b.v.www.youtube.com/HendiEquipment– Changes, printing, and typesetting errors reserved.© 2020 Hendi B.V. De Klomp – The NetherlandsVer: 08-10-2020