TOTALCLEAN5in1AIRPURIFIER INSTRUCTION MANUAL AND WARRANTY INFORMATION3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETYPRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.DANGER – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always unplug the air purifier from the electrical outlet immediately after using and beforecleaning or replacing filters.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Always place the air purifier on a firm, level surface.
- Always place the air purifier at least 6 inches away from walls and 3 feet from heat sources such asstoves, radiators, or heaters.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Keep dry — DO NOT operate in wet or moist conditions.
- Check your air purifier cord and plug connections. Faulty wall outlet connections or loose plugs cancause the outlet or plug to overheat. Be sure the plug fits tightly in the outlet.
NOTE: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, thisplug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse theplug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.CAUTION: DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. To do so could result in an electric shockhazard.WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- Always unplug the air purifier when not in use.
- Do not operate the air purifier with a damaged cord or plug, or after the air purifier malfunctions, or hasbeen dropped or damaged in any manner. Return to a HoMedics Service Center for examination, electricalor mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- This air purifier is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas, and similar moist indoor locations.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do notroute cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic areas where it can be tripped over.
- To disconnect the air purifier, first turn controls to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
- Do not tilt or move the air purifier while it is in operation. Shut off and remove plug from outletbefore moving.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause anelectric shock or fire, or damage the air purifier.
- Do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on any soft surface, like a bed, whereopenings may become blocked.
- Use this air purifier only for its intended use as described in this manual. Any other use notrecommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- This product is intended for household use only.SAVE THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY REFERENCE.
UNIQUE FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONSALL-IN-ONE HEPA-TYPE FILTRATION SYSTEM
- HEPA-TYPE FILTRATIONRemoves up to 99% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, such as allergens, pollen, dust,germs, pet dander, odor, mold spores, and smoke from air that passes through the filter.
- CARBON ODOR FILTRATIONReduces household odors and VOCs (volatile organic compounds)/gases as shown by independentlaboratory testing.
- PRE-FILTERCaptures large particles.
UV-C TECHNOLOGY WITH ON/OFFWhen on, UV-C technology kills germs, viruses, and bacteria.IONIZER WITH ON/OFFWhen on, assists in the air purification process.3 SPEEDSLow, medium, and high.BUILT-IN TIMERChoose from 2, 4, 8, or 12 hours.REPLACE FILTER INDICATORIlluminates when it is time to replace the filter.SUGGESTED ROOM SIZE170 FT2/15.8 M2. Portable air purifiers will be more effective in rooms where all the doors andwindows are closed.AIR CHANGES PER HOURThis air purifier will purify the air in a 170 FT2/15.8 M2 room (assuming an 8 FT/2.43 M ceiling)4.8 times per hour on high speed in a closed room.OIL TRAYIncludes 3 essential oil pads. Use with essential oil (not included) to deliver scent into the air.
HOW TO USEBEFORE TURNING THE UNIT ON
- Take the air purifier out of the box and remove the clear protective plastic bag.
- Place the air purifier on a firm, level surface.
- Plug the power cord into a standard AC outlet.
POWER BUTTON AND FAN SPEED SETTINGS
- To turn the air purifier on, press the power button.
- This air purifier has 3 fan speed settings: low (1), medium (2), and high (3). The higher the fan speedsetting, the faster the air will be purified. To select or change fan speed, press the fan speed buttonuntil the desired setting is reached.
UV-C TECHNOLOGY WITH ON/OFFThe UV-C technology kills germs, viruses, and bacteria by penetrating its DNA, resulting in the microorganism’sdeath or the inability to reproduce. Press the button to turn the UV-C technology on. The blue LED willglow. Press the button again to turn the UV-C technology off.
IONIZER SETTING WITH ON/OFFIon particles have a positive or negative charge that attaches to airborne particles, making them easier to becaptured by the filtration system. Press the ionizer button to turn the ionizer on. The blue light will glow toindicate the ionizer is in use. Press the ionizer button again to turn the ionizer off.
NOTE: Dust particles may accumulate on surfaces around the air purifier when the ionizer is in use. Thesedust particles can be vacuumed or wiped away with a soft, damp cloth.
NOTE: You may hear occasional popping sounds when the ionizer is used. This is normal.
NOTE: The ionizer produces less ozone than the UL-established limits of 0.05 ppm. Ozone may be harmfularound birds and small pets. To prevent ozone buildup, use the ionizer feature in a well-ventilated area.
NIGHTLIGHTThe nightlight has 3 options. Press once to turn the blue nightlight on. Press again to turn the blue nightlightring and the display lights off. Press a third time to turn the display lights on.
TIMERPress the timer button until the desired timer setting is lit on the display. The timer button will cyclethrough the following settings: 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, and off. To cancel the timer at any time,press the timer button until all timer LEDs are off. The air purifier will run continuously when the timerfunction is off.
OIL TRAYUse essential oil (not included) to deliver scent into the air.
NOTE: For use with the included HoMedics essential oil pads only. Do not add essential oils anywhere else inthe unit as it may cause damage.
NOTE: Do not leave a filled essential oil pad in the oil tray if it will be out of use for a long period of time.
ARE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFE TO USE AROUND PETS?We should always exercise caution when using essential oils around our pets. Keep all essential oil and aromatherapyproducts (like diffusers) out of reach of pets. Keep open bottles away from pets to avoid internalconsumption. We do not recommend the topical use of essential oils on pets, as they have a strong sense ofsmell and cannot get rid of the oil if they don’t like it or it is disturbing them. When diffusing essential oilsaround pets, always diffuse in a well-ventilated area and leave an option for them to remove themselvesfrom the space, such as leaving a door open. Every animal is different, so carefully observe how each animalresponds when introducing an essential oil for the first time. If irritation occurs, discontinue the use of theessential oil. We recommend seeking medical attention if ingestion of essential oil occurs.
ADDING ESSENTIAL OILSWARNING: PUTTING OIL ANYWHERE BUT THE OIL TRAY WILL DAMAGE THE AIR PURIFIER.
4. Add 5–7 drops of essential oil to the pad. You may usemore or less dependingon personal preference.WARNING: Only placeessential oil on the pad andNOT directly into the tray.
5. Place the oil tray back in its compartment and pushto close. The scent willstart automatically whenthe air purifier is turned on.
To purchase genuine HoMedics Replacement Essential Oil Pads, Model # UHE-PAD1, go to your retailer where you purchased your HoMedicsTotalClean AIr Purifier, or visit www.homedics.com (US), www.homedics.ca (CAN).To purchase genuine HoMedics Essential Oils, go to your retailer where you purchased your HoMedics TotalClean AIr Purifier, or visitwww.homedics.com (US), www.homedics.ca (CAN).
FILTER REPLACEMENTREPLACE FILTER LIGHTThe replace filter light illuminates when it is time to replace the HEPA-type filter based on the air purifier’shours of use.REPLACING THE HEPA-TYPE FILTERFor optimal performance, replace every 12 months under normal usage conditions.
- Unplug the air purifier. Pullthe indents on each side ofthe grille cover.
- Remove the grille cover andset aside.
- Pull the tabs to remove theold filter.
- With the filter tabs facing outward,slide the new HEPA-type filter intothe filter cavity. To purchase genuine HoMedics replacement HEPA-type filters, model AP-T20FL, go back to your retailer where you purchased your air purifier,or visit www.homedics.com (US), www.homedics.ca (CAN).
- Place the tabs at the bottom ofthe grille cover into the base of theair purifier. Gently push the grillecover until it snaps into place.
- Plug the power cord into a standard AC outlet. Turn the airpurifier on. Press and hold the ionizer button for 3 secondsto reset the indicator
UV-C BULB REPLACEMENTREPLACING THE UV-C BULB
The UV-C bulb is designed to last for approximately 10,000 hours of use. The UV-C button on the control panel will flash redwhen the UV-C bulb burns out and needs to be replaced. The UV-C button will change to blue once the bulb has been replaced.NOTE: The air purifier will continue to operate without the UV-C function when the UV-C bulb burns out.CAUTION: Do not operate the air purifier without the protective UV-C bulb cover.CAUTION: Unplug the power cord before servicing or replacing the UV-C bulb.
- Unplug the air purifier and remove the HEPA-typefilter. Using a Phillips-head screwdriver (notincluded), unscrew the 2 screws located on theUV-C bulb cover.
- Remove the cover to expose the UV-C bulb.
- Gently push from the sides and rotatethe UV-C bulb to remove.
- Remove and replace the UV-C bulb. Re-install the UV-Cbulb cover, HEPA-type filter, and grille cover. NOTE: The UV-C bulb contains mercury (Hg). Dispose of according to local, state, and federal law / www.lamprecycle.org.To purchase genuine HoMedics UV-C replacement bulbs, model AP-UVC1, go back to your retailer where you purchased your air purifier, or visitwww.homedics.com (US), www.homedics.ca (CAN).
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCECLEANING THE PRE-FILTER
NOTE: For best performance, vacuum the pre-filter once a month under normal usage.
- Unplug the air purifier.
- Remove the HEPA-type filter as described in the Replacing the HEPA-TypeFilter section.
- Vacuum the outside of the HEPA-type filter using the brushattachment of your vacuum cleaner, cleaning it thoroughly.
- Place the HEPA-type filter back into the air purifier and close grille.
- Plug the power cord into a standard AC outlet.
TO CLEAN THE OIL TRAY
Open the oil tray and remove the pad. Essential oil pads should bechanged when switching to a different essential oil scent. If continuing touse the same scent, set the essential oil pad aside for reuse. Wipe downthe inside of the oil tray with a soft cloth. Place the essential oil pad backin the tray and close.NOTE: Leave the essential oil pad out of the oil tray when storing.
FOR BEST PERFORMANCE:
- NEVER use water or any household cleaners or detergents to clean the HEPA-type filter.
- Clean off the outside of the unit with a soft, dry cloth as needed.
- NEVER use water, wax, polish, or any chemical solution to clean the outside of the unit.
- Clean off the grille cover using a soft, damp cloth or the brush attachment of your vacuum as needed.
- Vacuum the pre-filter monthly under normal usage conditions.
- Replace the HEPA-type filter every 12 months under normal usage conditions.
- Always use a genuine HoMedics replacement filter for optimal performance.
This product earned the ENERGY STAR by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US EPA.US EPA does not endorse any manufacturer claims of healthier indoor air from the use of this product.The energy efficiency of this ENERGY STAR qualified model is measured based on a ratio between themodel’s CADR for dust and the electrical energy it consumes, or CADR/Watt.
LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTYHoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of three years from thedate of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship undernormal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a Consumer Relations representative for assistance. Please make sure to have themodel number of the product available.HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including but not limited to Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer,or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuseor abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs ormodifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failureto provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss ofuse during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyondthe control of HoMedics.This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requiresmodifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS ORIMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITHRESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIALDAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS THAT ARE FOUND TOBE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALSARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to saleof such products on internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shallimmediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof that are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior expressand written consent of HoMedics.This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights that may vary from country to country. Because of individualcountry regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit www.homedics.com. For Canada, please visit www.homedics.ca.
FOR SERVICE IN THE USA:Email: 8:30am–7:00pm EST Monday–Friday1-800-466-3342
FOR SERVICE IN CANADA:Email: 8:30am–5:00pm EST Monday–Friday1-888-225-7378
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Homedics AP-T20 TotalClean Air Purifier Manual (5 in 1) – Homedics AP-T20 TotalClean Air Purifier Manual (5 in 1) –