BK- 4500Instruction Manual and Warranty Information2 year limited warranty
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
DANGER- TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in shower.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep dry – DO NOT operate in a wet or moist condition.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Use heated surfaces carefully. May cause serious burns. Do not use over insensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for personal, non-professional use only.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- Temperatures sufficiently high to cause burns may occur regardless of the control setting. DO NOT use on an infant or invalid or on a sleeping or unconscious person. DO NOT use on insensitive skin or on a person with poor blood circulation. Check the skin in contact with the heated area of the appliance frequently to reduce the risk of blistering.
- DO NOT crush. Avoid sharp folds.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Please Note: For your safety, this product is equipped with a pressure-activated switch to control the heat function. Heat will not operate unless pressure is applied to this switch, located on the back cushion of the unit (see page 7). Once pressure is removed, heat will turn off . After applying pressure, please allow 5-10 minutes for heat to reach maximum temperature.
CAUTION — PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health consult your doctor before using this product.
- Individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before use.
- N E V E R leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- This product is a non-professional appliance designed to provide soothing massage to worn muscles. DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies in the lower half of their body.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
Caution: All servicing of this massager must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
Instructions for Use
For Use in Your CarSimply plug the 12 volt auto adapter into a cigarette outlet and plug the receptacle end into the input jack, located along the side of the cushion. Slip the massage cushion straps over your seat to enjoy a relaxing massage as you drive.An optional adapter for use in your home or office may be purchased separately. Please see included order form for additional information.
Strapping SystemThe Massage Comfort Elite Back Massager incorporates a unique strapping system which allows you to fasten it to most any chair or auto seat. Set the cushion in your seat and adhere the elastic straps firmly around the seatback. Your massager won’t slip or slide away. This cushion is reversible, and you can enjoy a massage with either side.
To Store Place massager in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the fabric surface. To avoid breakage, do not wrap the power cord around the unit. Do not hang the unit by the controller cord.
To Clean Unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge. Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the unit.
- Do not immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene, glass/furniture polish, paint thinner to clean.
- Do not attempt to repair the massager. There are no user-serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics address listed in the warranty section.
MassageComfortElite™8 Point Car Seat Back Massager
TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Valid in USA only)
HoMedics, Inc., guarantees this product free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below.This HoMedics product warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the USA. A product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under warranty. HoMedics shall not be responsible for any type of incidental, consequential, or special damages. All implied warranties, including but not limited to those implied warranties of fitness and merchantability, are limited in the total duration of two years from the original purchase date.To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, either hand deliver or mail the unit and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, along with check or money order in the amount of $5.00 payable to HoMedics, Inc. to cover handling.
Upon receipt, HoMedics will repair or replace, as appropriate, your product and return it to you, postpaid. If it is appropriate to replace your product, HoMedics will replace the product with the same product or a comparable product at HoMedics’ option. Warranty is solely through HoMedics Service Center. Service of this product by anyone other than HoMedics Service Center voids warranty.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state. Because of individual state regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
Mail to:HoMedicsService Center, Dept. 1683000 Pontiac TrailCommerce Township, MI 48390Email:
©2005 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics®is a registered trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies. The beauty of living well™, HoMedics Mobile Comfort and Massage Comfort Elite™ are trademarks of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies.All rights reserved.IB- BK4500
2 year limited warranty
Homedics BK-4500 MassageComfortElite 8 Point Car Seat Back Massager User Manual – Homedics BK-4500 MassageComfortElite 8 Point Car Seat Back Massager User Manual –