The beauty of living well
BackRejuvenator™8-motor Back Massager with Percussion Action
Instruction Manual and Warranty Information2 Year Limited Warranty
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDSWHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING :
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING DANGER- TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should NEVER be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Never use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep air openings free of lint, hair, etc.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “OFF” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for household use only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONSCaution— Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health consult your doctor before using this product.
- Individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before use.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the products excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
Please Note:For your safety, this product is equipped with a pressure-activated switch to control the heat function. Heat will not operate unless pressure is applied to this switch, located on the seat bottom of the unit. Once pressure is removed, heat will turn off. After applying pressure, please allow 5-10 minutes for heat to reach maximum temperature.
- This product is a non-professional appliance designed to provide soothing massage to worn muscles.DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
Instructions for UseFor Use in Home or OfficePlug adaptor into a 120 volt AC outlet and plug the receptacle end into the input jack, located along the side of the cushion. Attach Back Rejuvenator to most chairs for a luxurious massage as you read, rest or even work.
For Use in Your CarSimply plug the 12-volt auto adapter into a cigarette outlet and plug the receptacle end into the input jack, located along the side of the cushion. Slip Back Rejuvenator’s straps over your seat to enjoy a relaxing massage as you drive.
Caution: All servicing of this massager must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
Strapping SystemBack Rejuvenator incorporates a unique strapping system which allows you to fasten it to almost any chair or auto seat. Just slip the straps over the seat or chair and adjust the hook and loop straps to secure. Your massager won’t slip or slide away.MaintenanceTo Store Place massager in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the fabric surface. To avoid breakage, DO NOT wrap the power cord around the unit. DO NOT hang the unit by the controller cord.
To Clean Unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge. Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the unit.
- Do not immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene, glass/furniture polish, or paint thinner to clean.
- Do not attempt to repair Back Rejuvenator massager. There are no user-serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics address listed in the warranty section.
TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY( Valid in USA only)
HoMedics, Inc., guarantees this product free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, except as noted below.This HoMedics product warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the USA. A product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under warranty. HoMedics shall not be responsible for any type of incidental, consequential or special damages. All implied warranties, including but not limited to those implied warranties of fitness and merchantability, are limited in the total duration of two years from the original purchase date.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, either hand deliver or mail the unit and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, along with check or money order in the amount of $5.00 payable to HoMedics, Inc. to cover handling.
Upon receipt, HoMedics will repair or replace, as appropriate, your product and return it to you, postpaid. The warranty is solely through HoMedics Service Center. Service of this product by anyone other than HoMedics Service Center voids warranty.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state. Because of individual state regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
©2002 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved.HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies.BackRejuvenator™ and The beauty of living well.™ are trademarks of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliatedcompanies. All rights reserved.IB- BK900
Mail To :Consumer RelationsHoMedicsService Center, Dept. 1683000 Pontiac TrailCommerce Township, MI48390e-mail:
Homedics BK-900 BackRejuvenator 8-Motor Back Massager with Percussion Action User Manual – Homedics BK-900 BackRejuvenator 8-Motor Back Massager with Percussion Action User Manual –