BKK-100Instruction Manual and Warranty Information2 year limited warranty
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING DANGER- TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using andbefore cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in shower.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep dry – DO NOT operate in a wet or moist condition.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVERdrop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
Caution:All servicing of this massager must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- T o disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for personal, non-professional use only.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- DO NOT use on an infant or invalid or on a sleeping or unconscious person. DO NOT use on insensitive skin or on a person with poor blood circulation.
- DO NOT crush. Avoid sharp folds.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution—Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health consult your doctor before using this product.
- Individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before use.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- Do not use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- Never use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- This product is a non-professional appliance designed to provide a soothing massage to worn muscles.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
Caution: To avoid pinching do not lean on Shiatsu back massage mechanism in the cushion when adjusting your body position.Do not jam or force any part of your body in the moving massage mechanism.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies in the lower half of their body.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
- This product is not for use in automobiles.
Instructions for Use
Insert power cord into a 120 volt AC outlet. Attach the cushion to most chairs for a luxurious massage as you read, rest or even work. See pages 6-7 for instructions on how to use.Strapping SystemThe Shiatsu Massaging Cushion incorporates a unique strapping system which allows you to fasten it to almost any chair. Just slip the straps over the seat or chair and adjust fastening straps to secure. Your massager won’t slip or slide away.
Please note: Not recommended for use on wooden surfaces as the zipper may damage the wood. Caution is also recommended when using on upholstered furniture.NOTE: Only gentle force should be exerted against the unit in order to eliminate any/all risk of injury. You may soften massage force by placing a towel between yourself and the unit.
To StorePlace massager in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the fabric surface. T o avoid breakage, do not wrap the power cord around the unit. Do not hang the unit by the hand control cord.To CleanUnplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge. Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the unit.
- Do not immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene, glass/furniture polish, or paint thinner to clean.
- Do not attempt to repair the Shiatsu Massaging Cushion. There are no user-serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics address listed in the warranty section.
TherapistSelect™Spot Shiatsu Massaging Cushion
Power ButtonTo turn the massage cushion on, click the power switch to Low (I) or High (II). To turn off the power, move the switch to the Off (O) position.
Power Supply CordThe Spot Shiatsu Massage Cushion is powered by a 120V power cord.
Shiatsu MassageShiatsu is a deep kneading circular massage. This unit features a spot shiatsu massage mechanism that works a specific area of your back.Integrated Strapping SystemIncorporates a unique strapping system that easily attaches to most chairs.Convenient and PortablePerfect for the use at home or in the office. Allows for optimal placement for targeted muscle relief.
TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Valid in USA only)
HoMedics, Inc., guarantees this product free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below.
This HoMedics product warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the USA. A product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under warranty. HoMedics shall not be responsible for any type of incidental, consequential, or special damages. All implied warranties, including but not limited to those implied warranties of fitness and merchantability, are limited in the total duration of two years from the original purchase date.To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, either hand deliver or mail the unit and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, along with check or money order in the amount of $10.00 payable to HoMedics, Inc. to cover handling. Upon receipt, HoMedics will repair or replace, as appropriate, your product and return it to you, postpaid. If it is appropriate to replace your product, HoMedics will replace the product with the same product or a comparable product at HoMedics’ option. Warranty is solely through HoMedics Service Center. Service of this product by anyone other than HoMedics Service Center voids warranty.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state. Because of individual state regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
HoMedics Service Center1.800.466.33428:30–5:00 p.m. (EST)M–FMail To:HoMedicsService Center Dept. 1683000 Pontiac TrailCommerce Township, MI 48390Email:
© 2005 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved.HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies.Therapist Select™ and The beauty of living well.™ are trademarks of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.IB-BKK100
2 year limited warranty
Homedics BK-K100 TherapistSelect Spot Shiatsu Massaging Cushion User Manual – Homedics BK-K100 TherapistSelect Spot Shiatsu Massaging Cushion User Manual –