BKL-100BKL-100-2Instruction Manual and Warranty Information1 Year Limited Warranty
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER—TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or showering.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should NEVER be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
Caution: In case of pregnancy, diabetes, pacemaker use, illness or any medical condition, consult your doctor before using massager.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by the power cord or use the cord as a handle.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT use on or near eyes or other highly sensitive areas.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “OFF” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for household use only.
- Use heated surfaces carefully. May cause serious burns.DO NOT use over insensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution: Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health consult your doctor before using this product.
- In case of pregnancy, diabetes, pacemaker use, illness or any medical condition, consult your doctor before using massager.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- This product is a non-professional appliance designed to provide soothing massage to worn muscles. DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massager has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
- Use only the size and type of batteries specified.
- When installing batteries, observe proper +/- polarities. Incorrect installation of batteries may cause damage to the unit.
- Do not mix different types of batteries together (e.g., alkaline with carbon-zinc or old batteries with new ones).
- If the unit is not going to be used for a long period of time, remove batteries to prevent damage due to possible battery leakage.
Instructions for Use
- Insert adaptor plug into the control pad. (Fig. 1)
- Plug into a AC 120-volt outlet.
- Place massager behind back to desired position. (Fig. 2)
- To activate the massage action, press the massage button on the control pad. (Fig. 3)
- Press once for high speed, a second time for low, and press again to turn the unit off.
- To activate the heat function, with massage running, press the heat button on the control pad. (Fig. 3) The LED illuminator will glow red.
- To turn off the heat function, simply press the heat button again.
Optional Battery Instructions
Please note: Batteries will only operate the massage function. You must use the adaptor to activate the heat function.
- Locate the zipper on the back of the unit.
- Unzip to expose the battery compartment, remove lid. (Fig. 4)
- Insert 4 “AA” batteries. (Proper battery orientation is noted inside the battery compartment housing.)
- Replace the cover and zip the back portion back up, making sure both zipper ends are touching each other to ensure zipper is closed properly.
- To activate massage, follow steps 3 – 5 from adaptor instructions.
Note: The micropedic™ bead pouches are designed to provide cushioning for extra support.NOTE: There is a 15-minute auto shut-off on the unit for your safety.
Caution: All servicing of this massager must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
Please note: Not recommended for use against wooden surfaces as the zipper may damage the wood. Caution is also recommended when using against upholstered furniture.
Strapping SystemThis back lumbar massager incorporates a unique strapping system which allows you to fasten it to most any chair. Pull strap from left and right sides around the chair and fasten with the clips.
Automatic Shut OffThe massager has been designed for convenience and safety. As a special precaution against falling asleep while using the unit, or leaving the unit on while it is still in operation, we’ve programmed it to automatically stop working 15 minutes after receiving your last command. This special feature should not be considered as a substitute for OFF. Always remember to turn your unit off when not in use.
To StorePlace massager in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects. To avoid breakage, DO NOT wrap the power cord around the unit. DO NOT hang the unit by the controller cord.To CleanUnplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge. NEVER allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the unit.
- DO NOT immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, or strong chemicals that might or might not be flammable and/or damaging to the product to clean.
- DO NOT attempt to repair the massager. There are no user-serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics address listed in the warranty section.
NOTE: When selecting the heat feature with massaging action, there will be a slight decrease in the strength of the massage output. This adjustment is perfectly normal and should not be interpreted as a defect.
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:HoMedics Consumer RelationsService Center Dept. 1683000 Pontiac TrailCommerce Township, MI 48390No COD’s will be accepted.HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage aused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
HoMedics Service Center1.800.466.33428:30 – 5:00 p.m. (EST ) M – FMail To:HoMedicsService Center Dept. 1683000 Pontiac TrailCommerce Township, MI 48390Email:
©2006-2007 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies. The beauty of living well.™ is a trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.IB-BKL100C
Homedics BK-L100 Lumbar Back Massager with Heat User Manual – Homedics BK-L100 Lumbar Back Massager with Heat User Manual –