Adjustable Lumbar Massage Cushion
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTRIC SHOCK, FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should NEVER be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Use heated surfaces carefully. May cause serious burns. Do not use on insensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- NEVER operate the appliance with the air openings blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION—PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING.
- This product is not intended for medical use. It is intended only to provide a luxurious massage.
- Consult your doctor prior to using this product, if
- You are pregnant
- You have a pacemaker
- You have any concerns regarding your health
- Not recommended for use by people with diabetes.
- Individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before use.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies.
- This unit should not be used by children without adult supervision.
- DO NOT use this product on any wooden surface as it may cause damage.
Please Note: Please allow 5-10 minutes for heat to reach maximum temperature.
Instructions for Use
For Use in Home or Office
Plug adapter into a 120 volt AC outlet and plug the receptacle end into the input jack, located on the side of the cushion. Attach the massage cushion to any chair for a luxurious massage as you read, rest or even work.
For Use in Your Car
Simply plug the 12 volt auto adapter into a 12V DC outlet and plug the receptacle end into the input jack, located along the side of the cushion. Slip the massage cushion onto your seat to enjoy a relaxing massage as you drive.
- To adjust the lumbar support to your comfort level, squeeze the air pump (fig 1) repeatedly until desired support is achieved.
- To deflate lumbar support, press the release valve (fig 1) and apply steady, gentle pressure to center of cushion until it is completely deflated.
To Store Place massager in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the fabric surface. To avoid breakage, do not wrap the power cord around the unit. Do not hang the unit by the controller cord.
To Clean Unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge. Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the unit.
- Do not immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene, glass/furniture polish, paint thinner to clean.
- Do not attempt to repair the massager. There are no user serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics address listed in the warranty section.
Caution: All servicing of this massager must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment. Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This massager is powered by a custom 120 volt AC home adapter, and 12 volt DC auto adapter (cigarette lighter plug-in style). Both are included with your unit.
NOTE: When selecting the heat feature with massaging action, there will be a slight decrease in the strength of the massage output. This adjustment is perfectly normal and should not be interpreted as a defect.
NOTE: Heat option will only function while massage is functioning. Heat will not operate without massage.
Homedics CUV-200RD-4RM Adjustable Lumbar Massage Cushion Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Homedics CUV-200RD-4RM Adjustable Lumbar Massage Cushion Instruction Manual and Warranty Information –