MAN-150Instruction Manual and Warranty Information2 year limited warranty
The tools salons use for perfect nails and beautiful skin
Thank you for purchasing StyleSpaPlus, the HoMedics rechargeable, manicure and pedicure system. This, like the entire Body Basics line, is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you years of dependable service. We hope that you’ll find it to be the finest product of its kind.With the StyleSpaPlus, you can easily treat yourself to professional manicures and pedicures right at home. All the tools you need to shape, file and smooth nails are included, plus special tools to remove rough and dry skin. With regular use, your nails will grow stronger and longer while your hands and feet become more beautiful.
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.DANGER- TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- DO NOT use while showering or bathing, or with wet hands.
- DO NOT place or store the unit where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. DO NOT submerge or drop into water or any other liquid.
- NEVER reach for an appliance that falls into water. Unplug it immediately.
- NEVER operate if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or if it has fallen into water. Return it to the HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair. (See the warranty section for HoMedics address). DO NOT attempt to repair the appliance yourself.
- ALWAYS switch the appliance off and unplug it when it is not in use and before cleaning.WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Use this appliance for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics, specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- This appliance is not suitable for commercial use.
- Before connecting to an electrical outlet, make sure the adapter’s voltage corresponds to your outlet’s voltage.
- This unit is not a toy. Children should not use it or play with it. Keep out of children’s reach. Close supervision is necessary when using the appliance on or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use the cord as a handle.
WARNING: NEVER LEAVE APPLIANCE UNATTENDED, ESPECIALLY IF CHILDREN ARE PRESENT.CAUTION: ALL SERVICING OF THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED BY AUTHORIZED HOMEDICS SERVICE PERSONNEL ONLY.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution: Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health, consult your doctor before using this product.
- If you are susceptible to allergic reactions or if you have circulatory problems, consult a physician before using this product.
- DO NOT use on irritated, sunburned or chapped skin, or on any area with dermatological problems.
- DO NOT apply over skin eruptions, warts, moles or varicose veins.
- Use should be easy and painless. If you experience nail or skin irritation, or hand discomfort when using this product, discontinue use. If a more extreme reaction occurs, consult your doctor.
USE ONLY THE ATTACHMENTS PROVIDED WITH YOUR STYLE SPA PLUS.
CAUTION: WHEN USING ATTACHMENTS, STOP TREATMENT OCCASIONALLY TO MONITOR YOUR RESULTS.NOTE: DO NOT OPERATE UNIT FOR MORE THAN 20 MINUTES AT ONE TIME.
- Eight professional-style tools for shaping, filing and polishing nails of all sizes, plus removing rough and dry skin.
- Durable metal construction on shaping and filing tools, for years of dependability.
- The two-speed operation, high and low.
- Compact storage case that protects and organizes tools.
- Connect the cord to the hand unit and plug the adaptor into a 120V outlet.
- A red LED will light up on the hand unit to indicate it is plugged in.Note: Before first use charge hand unit for 16 hours for full power.
- After charging unplug the hand unit for cordless use. The hand unit should run approximately three hours.* Unit will not work while plugged in, charging.
Using Your StyleSpaPlus
The StyleSpaPlus comes complete with eight professional-style manicure and pedicure tools.Manicure & Pedicure Shaping DiscsChoose from the fine or coarse shaping discs that most suits the nail’s thickness. For smaller, thinner fingernails, use the fine shaping disc (Inset A). For thicker nails such as toenails, use the coarse shaping disc (Inset B). Lightly apply the disc to the edge of your nail, moving the unit along the side of the nail until you achieve the shape and smoothness you desire.
Filing ConesThe thin, filing cone (Inset C) files away rough edges around nails and removes dry skin. It can also be used to treat ingrown nails and other problem nails. The thick filing cone (Inset D) is perfect for thicker nails and toenails. Gently apply the cone to the area that needs attention, pausing frequently to monitor your progress.
Sapphire ConeUse the sapphire cone (Inset E) to remove rough and dry skin around the nail and soften calluses. Lightly apply the cone to the skin, using a back and forth motion. Stop treatment if irrita- tion occurs.Polishing DiscWhen finished filing, lightly buff the nail surface to smooth edges and add shine (Inset F).
Cuticle CareUse the cuticle lifter (Inset G) or cuticle stick to push back your cuticle beds. Note: For best results, first soak cuticles in warm water to soften.
- Switch the handle to the off position (“0” setting)
- Choose one of the product’s interchangeable attachments and gently snap it into place (Fig. 1).
- Switch the unit ON and lightly apply the attachment to the nail or skin surface.
- Periodically stop treatment to check your results.
- When finished, switch unit to the OFF position. Wait for the attachment to come to a stop, then remove it for storage or replacement.
- After using, wipe the metal surface of each attachment with a damp cloth to remove residue.
After Your Manicure or Pedicure
After filing and shaping nails and removing rough skin, you may bathe hands or feet to rehydrate nails and soften cuticles. Soak your hands or feet in a lukewarm bath for 15 minutes. Next, massage moisturizer (not included) into the skin and into each nail, paying close attention to your cuticles. Finally, dry hands or feet completely and apply the polishing cone to smooth edges and lightly buff nail surface for added shine.
Tips for Keeping Nails Healthy
To achieve the best results from your StyleSpaPlus, follow these guidelines.
- Avoid placing harsh chemicals on nails.
- Avoid exposing hands and feet to cold, dry environments. Always wear protective clothing in cold temperatures.
- Avoid strong soaps, detergents and excessive washing.
- For best results, do not bathe hands or feet before using StyleSpaPlus attachments.
- Proper nail hydration is key to strong, healthy nails that resist chipping and splitting. After using attachments, soak hands or feet in a warm, soapy, 15-minute bath to restore moisture. Next, rub a light moisturizer (not included) into your skin, nails and cuticles to soften skin and protect nails.
- To prevent nails from splitting and peeling, wear high-quality nail polish (not included) to protect against harsh elements and seal in moisture. Polish nails before applying any moisturizer.
- Avoid changing polish more than twice a month.
- Use shaping discs rather than nail scissors for safer, more controlled nail removal.
- Wait 7-10 days before re-buffing nails to maintain the thickness of nail surface.
TO STOREPlace attachments into their proper compartments inside the storage case. Store case in a safe, dry place, out of children’s reach.TO CLEANAlways unplug before cleaning the unit. Never use liquids or abrasive cleaners to clean the housing of the unit or the case. Wipe off case with a damp cloth. Clean attachments periodically using alcohol. Allow attachments to dry before inserting them into the hand unit.
TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY(Valid in USA only)HoMedics, Inc., guarantees this product free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below.This HoMedics product warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the USA. A product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under warranty. HoMedics shall not be responsible for any type of inciden- tal, consequential or special damages. All implied warranties, includ- ing but not limited to those implied warranties of fitness and merchantability, are limited in the total duration of two years from the original purchase date.To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, either hand deliver or mail the unit and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, along with check or money order in the amount of $5.00 payable to HoMedics, Inc. to cover handling.Upon receipt, HoMedics will repair or replace, as appropriate, your product and return it to you, postpaid. If it is appropriate to replace your product, HoMedics will replace the product with the same product or a comparable product at HoMedics’ option. Warranty is solely through HoMedics Service Center. Service of this product by anyone other than HoMedics Service Center voids warranty.This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state. Because of individual state regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
Mail To: HoMedics Service Center Dept. 168 3000 Pontiac Trail Commerce Township, MI 48390e-mail: © 2003 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. StyleSpa™ and Body Basics™ are trademarks of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.IBMAN150-A
Homedics MAN-150 Makeup Artist Studio Mirror Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Homedics MAN-150 Makeup Artist Studio Mirror Instruction Manual and Warranty Information –