LIMITED TWO YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture andworkmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as notedbelow. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanshipunder normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend toRetailers.To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a Consumer RelationsRepresentative by telephone at 1-800-466-3342 for assistance. Please make sure to have themodel number of the product available.HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequentconsumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedicsin any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage causedby misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to theproduct; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating partfrom failure to provide manufacturers recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft;neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is ata repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that arebeyond the control of HoMedics.This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in whichthe product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operatein any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under thiswarranty.THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY.THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIEDWARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PARTOF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICSSHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. INNO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OFANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIODOF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVEMATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCTSUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/orresealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shallimmediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced,altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which mayvary from state to state. Because of individual state regulations, some of the above limitations andexclusions may not apply to you.For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN AREPRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED,INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always unplug the air cleaner from the electrical outlet immediately after using andbefore cleaning.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces
- Always place the air cleaner on a firm, level surface.
- Always place the air cleaner at least twelve (12) inches away from walls and three (3)feet from heat sources such as stoves, radiators, or heaters.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen isbeing administered.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Keep dry – DO NOT operate in a wet or moist condition.
- Check your air cleaner cord and plug connections. Faulty wall outlet connectionsor loose plugs can cause the outlet or plug to overheat. Be sure the plug fits tightin the outlet.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRICSHOCK OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- Extreme caution is necessary when any air cleaner is used by or near children orinvalids and whenever the air cleaner is left operating and unattended.
- Always unplug the air cleaner when not in use.
- Do not operate the air cleaner with a damaged cord or plug, or after the air cleanermalfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return to HoMedicsConsumer Relations for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- This air cleaner is not intended for use in bathroom, laundry areas and similar moistindoor locations. Never locate air cleaner where it may fall into a bathtub or otherwater container.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners orsimilar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cordaway from traffic areas where it can be tripped over.
- To disconnect the air cleaner, first turn controls to the OFF position, then removeplug from outlet.
- Do not tilt or move the air cleaner while it is in operation. Shut off and remove plugfrom outlet before moving.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening asthis may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the air cleaner.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do notuse on soft surface, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- Use this air cleaner only for its intended use as described in this manual. Any otheruse not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injuryto persons.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY REFERENCE
This product earned the ENERGY STAR by meeting strict energy efficiencyguidelines set by the US EPA. US EPA does not endorse any manufacturerclaims of healthier indoor air from the use of this product.The energy efficiency of this ENERGY STAR qualified model is measuredbased on a ratio between the model’s CADR for Dust and the electricalenergy it consumes, or CADR/Watt.
Grounding InstructionsTo reduce the risk of electric shock, this product has a grounding type plug that has a third (grounding) pin (Fig. 1). This plug will only fit intoa grounding type power outlet. If the plug does not fit into the outlet,contact qualified personnel to install the proper outlet. Do not alter theplug in any way. If your home is not equipped with a grounded outlet,you may use a temporary adapter (Fig. 2). The tab for groundingscrew extending from the temporary adapter must be connected to apermanent ground such as a properly grounded outlet box cover and itmust be held in place by a metal screw (Fig. 3). The temporary adaptershould be used only until a properly grounded outlet (Fig. 4) can beinstalled by a qualified electrician.
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY REFERENCETechnical Specifications
|Input voltage||120 V|
|Rated Frequency||60 HZ|
|Noise Level||<60 dB|
Main Features on The Sharper Image Brethe Air Cleaner
Pre-Filter: Captures large particles and fibersNano-Coil Filter: Cleanable spiral filter that captures charged air contaminantsVOC/Odor Filter: (optional) Removes VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds)
Operating InstructionsGetting Started
- Take the air cleaner out of the box and remove the clear protective plastic bag.
- Place the air cleaner on a firm level surface.
- BEFORE TURNING ON THE AIR CLEANER, if you choose to use the optionalVOC filter, you will need to install it and confirm that all the filters are firmly in place.
- Open the rear grill by gently pushingthe release tabs toward the outside ofthe unit. See Fig. 1
- Pull the grill away from the body untilthe tabs at the bottom of the grillplate easily slide away from the unit.See Fig. 2 & 3
- The pre-filter and nano-coil filterwill be installed already. To installthe VOC/Odor filter (optional), removethe VOC/Odor filter from the plasticbag. Place the VOC filter into the unit flush against the pre-filter,secured by four clips. See Fig. 4
- Place the tabs at the bottom of thegrill plate into the base of the unit.See Fig. 5
- Hold engaged bottom of the grillplate in place and push the top ofthe grill plate back toward the unit.The release tabs at the top of the grillwill click back into place. See Fig. 6
NOTE: Unit will not operate unless nano-coil, pre-filter and grill are properlyinstalled.
Operating Instructions1. On/Off and Speed Settings
- To turn the air cleaner on, press the ON/OFF button. When the air cleaner is on,the LED light will be lit and the air cleaner will start to operate on LOW speed.
- There are four speed settings: Quiet (low) (medium) TURBO.Quiet mode is whisper quiet – below normal room noise – and is recommendedparticularly for night use and uninterrupted sleep. TURBO mode gives a cleaningpower boost. When the fan is set at TURBO, it will run for 30 minutes and thenreturn to (low) speed.
- To turn the air cleaner OFF, simply press the ON/OFF again.
2. Timer SettingsThere are four possible timer settings: 1 (one) hour, 4 (four) hours, 8 (eight) hours, and12 (twelve) hours. To activate the timer, press the on the control panel. Each timeit is pressed, it will advance to the next timer setting. The timer LED will be illuminatedwhile the timer function is on. Cycle through 1, 4, 8, 12, then off to operate the unitwithout the timer feature.
Using the Remote ControlBEFORE FIRST USE, REMOVE PLASTIC PULL TAB FROM BATTERY COMPARTMENT.Battery InstallationOne CR2032 3V battery is included with the remote control. To change the battery,remove the battery door at the back of the remote by squeezing the tab and pulling thedoor away from the back of the remote. Please insert the battery into the remote with thepositive side up as shown on the drawer.NOTE: Always keep the battery and remote control out of the reach of children.
- If the unit is not going to be used for a long period of time, remove batteries toprevent damage due to possible battery leakage.
- Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery installation.
- Remove used batteries promptly.
- Dispose of properly in accordance with all state, province, and country regulations.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire. Batteries may explode or leak.
- Use only the size and type of batteries specified.
- When installing batteries, observe proper polarity +/-. Improper installation ofbatteries may cause damage.
Filter Cleaning and MaintenanceMake sure the air cleaner is turned off and unplugged from the outlet before cleaning.Check the filters every 30 days to see if they need cleaning. If you use your air cleanerdaily, we recommend checking the filters more frequently.
- Open the rear grill by gently pushingthe release tabs toward the outside ofthe unit. See Fig. 7
- Pull the grill away from the body untilthe tabs at the bottom of the grillplate easily slide away from the unit.See Fig. 8 & 9
- Remove the nano-coil filter fromthe unit by grasping the centerhandle and pulling out from thecenter hub. See Fig. 10
- Use the brush attachment with yourvacuum cleaner. Run the attachment along both sides of the nano-coilfilter, taking care not to dislodge thecombs. See Fig. 11
- Replace the nano-coil filter.Make sure to align the center of thefilter handle with the center hub.Filter handle should be vertical.Be sure the post on the center hubcomes through the hole on the filter’shandle. See Fig. 10
- Place the tabs at the bottom of thegrill plate into the base of the unit.See Fig. 12
- Hold engaged bottom of the grillplate in place and push the top of thegrill plate back toward the unit untilthe release tabs at the top of the grillclick back into place. See Fig. 13
DO NOT USE WATER OR ANYHOUSEHOLD CLEANERS ORDETERGENTS TO CLEAN THENANO-COIL FILTER ORPRE-FILTER
- Open the rear grill by gently pushing the release tabs toward the outside ofthe unit. See Fig. 14
- Pull the grill away from the body untilthe tabs at the bottom of the grillplate easily slide away from the unit.See Fig. 15 & 16
- If you are using the VOC filter, removeit by sliding out of the 4 clips.See Fig. 17
- Remove the pre-filter by gently pullingit off and away from the 4 posts.See Fig. 18
- Use the brush attachment with yourvacuum cleaner. Run the attachmentalong both sides of the pre-filter. See Fig. 11
- Replace the pre-filter by pushing the4 loops of the filter onto the 4 postsof the grill. See Fig. 18
- If you are using the VOC filter, put itback in and secure with 4 clips.See Fig. 17
- Place the tabs at the bottom of thegrill plate into the base of the unit. See Fig. 19
- Hold engaged bottom of the grillplate in place and push the top of thegrill plate back toward the unit untilthe release tabs at the top of the grillclick back into place. See Fig. 20
Clean Filter IndicatorThis air cleaner is equipped with a CLEAN FILTER indicator to let you know when itis time to clean the Nano-Coil filter, about every 732 hours of use. When the Nano-Coil filter is ready to be cleaned, the CLEAN FILTER indicator will light up on thecontrol panel.Once the Nano-Coil filter has been cleaned, press and hold the CLEAN FILTER buttonuntil it beeps to reset the filter indicator.We recommend replacing your VOC filter, if you choose to use it, when you replaceyour Nano-Coil filter (about every 18 months, with regular maintenance).To purchase a Nano-Coil replacement filter, model # AR-NCFL1, go back to the retailer(where you purchased your air cleaner) or visit www.homedics.com. ReplacementVOC filter, model # PP-ARNC01VOC, can also be purchasedat www.homedics.com.
Cleaning and MaintenanceWe recommend that the air cleaner be cleaned at least once a month and before storage.1. Turn the air cleaner OFF and unplug it from the outlet2. Use a dry cloth to clean the external surfaces of the air cleaner3. The grill plate may be cleaned with a damp cloth or the brush attachment ofyour vacuum cleaner.
DO NOT USE WATER, WAX, POLISH, OR ANY CHEMICAL SOLUTION
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Homedics NanoCoil Brethe Air Cleaner Manual AR-NC01 / AR-NC01-GY – Homedics NanoCoil Brethe Air Cleaner Manual AR-NC01 / AR-NC01-GY –