Local Air ConditionerUser ManualRead and save these instructions before use
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONSIMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS. READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. IN CASE THERE IS ANY INCONSISTENCY OR CONFLICT BETWEEN THE ENGLISH VERSION AND ANY OTHER LANGUAGE VERSION OF THE CONTENT OF THIS MATERIAL, THE ENGLISH VERSION SHALL PREVAIL.
The refrigerant used in the mobile air conditioners is the environmentally friendly hydrocarbon R290. This refrigerant is odorless. Compared to the alternative refrigerant, the R290 is an ozone-free refrigerant and its inﬂuence is very low.
The drawings provided in this manual may not be the same as the physical objects. Please refer to the physical objects.Please read the instructions before use and repair.
- DO NOT use means to accelerate the defrosting process or to clean, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- The appliance shall be stored in a room without continuously operating ignition sources like open ﬂames, an operating gas appliance, or an operating electric heater.
- Do not pierce or burn the unit. Be aware that refrigerants may not contain an odor.
- The appliance shall be installed, operated, and stored in a room with a ﬂoor area larger than 15 m².
- Keep any required ventilation openings clear of obstruction. Servicing shall be performed only as recommended by the manufacturer.
- This appliance should be used in a room that allows for good ventilation between the unit and any walls/furniture or other objects. The room size should correspond to the room area as speciﬁed for operation by the manufacturer and the appliance should be well kept to prevent mechanical damage.
- Any person who is involved with working on or breaking into a refrigerant circuit should hold a current valid certiﬁcate from an industry-accredited assessment authority, which authorizes their competence to handle refrigerants safely in accordance with industry-recognized assessment speciﬁcation.
- Only persons authorized by an accredited agency certifying their competence to handle refrigerants in compliance with sector legislation should work on refrigerant circuits. Maintenance and repairs requiring the assistance of other qualiﬁed personnel must be carried out under the supervision of specialists in the use of inﬂammable refrigerants.
- All working procedure that affects safety means shall only be carried by competent persons. This appliance can not be used by children, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children withoutsupervision.
- Follow local grid interconnection rules while installing the air conditioning and ensure that it is properly grounded. If you have any questions on electrical installation, follow the instructions of the manufacturer, and if necessary, ask a professional electrician to install it.
- Place the machine in a ﬂat and dry place and keep a distance of above 50cm between the machine and the surrounding objects or walls.
- After the air conditioning is installed, ensure that the power plug is intact and ﬁrmly plugged into the power outlet, and place the power cord orderly to prevent someone from being tripped or pulling out the plug.
- When drainage pipes are installed, ensure that the drainage pipes are properly connected, and are not distorted or bended.While adjusting the upper and lower wind-guide strips of the air outlet, pluck it with hands gently to avoid damaging wind-guide strips.The appliance should be transported upright or on its side.
- DO NOT use the device in the following cases:
- in a room with continuously operating sources of ignition (eg. open ﬂames, an operating gas appliance, or operating electrical heaters.
- In areas where gasoline, sulfur, oil, paint, or other ﬂammable goods are stored.
- In an area where the water can be projected.
- DO NOT touch the plug or the device with wet hands.Flammable substances or pressurized containers (eg. aerosol cans) should be kept a minimum of 50cms away.
- Do not turn on the appliance for at least one hour before starting it.
- DO NOT operate the unit with a damaged plug or loose wall outlet. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualiﬁed persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- DO NOT cover the air intake and exhaust when in use.
- DO NOT place objects, especially heavy or hot objects, on top of the unit. DO NOT sit on the unit.
- DO NOT use the appliance if it is damaged.
- DO NOT modify this appliance in any way to avoid danger.
- DO NOT pull or carry the appliance by the power cord.
- DO NOT pinch the power cord in the door and DO NOT pull it along edges or sharp corners.
- Do not pierce or burn the refrigerants.
- A warning to keep ventilation openings clear of obstruction.
- Always turn off and unplug the unit when cleaning or servicing. Unplug the unit when stored or not in use.
- Refrigerant gas may be odorless.Stagnation of possible leaks of refrigerant gas in unventilated rooms could lead to ﬁre or an explosion hazard should the refrigerant come in contact with electric heaters, stoves or other sources of ignition.
- Use care when storing the appliance to prevent mechanical faults.
- Use only implements recommended by the manufacturer for defrosting or cleaning.
- DO NOT use an extension cord with this unit.
- Never insert your ﬁngers or rods into the air outlet. Take special care to warn children of these dangers.
- DO NOT operate your air conditioner in a wet room such as a bathroom or laundry room.
- The manufacturer is not liable for injury caused to persons or property damage due to non-compliance with maintenance instructions and improper use of the appliance.
- Basic safety precautions should always be followed when using electrical appliances.
- Electrical equipment and installations regulated by national legislation must be followed.
- Only use the installation kit provided to install this unit. DO NOT attempt to extend the hose or install this unit using methods other than that shown in this manual. Improper installation will void any existing warranties.
- If service is needed contact an authorized service agent. Repairs must only be undertaken by authorized service centers of the manufacturer. Failure to comply may be dangerous.
- Transport of equipment containing ﬂammable refrigerants Compliance with the transport regulations.
- Marking of equipment using signs Compliance with local regulations.
- Disposal of equipment using ﬂammable refrigerants Compliance with national regulations.
- The storage of equipment should be in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Storage package protection should be constructed such that mechanical damage to the equipment inside the package will not cause a leak of the refrigerant charge.
The maximum number of pieces of equipment permitted to be stored together will be determined by local regulations.
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed of with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmentally safe recycling.
|WARNING||This symbol shows that this appliance uses a ﬂammable refrigerant. If the refrigerant is leaked and exposed toan external ignition source, there is a risk of ﬁre.|
|CAUTION||This symbol shows that the operation manual should be read carefully.|
|CAUTION||This symbol shows that service personnel should be handling this equipment with reference to the installation manual.|
|CAUTION||This symbol shows that information is available such as the operating manual or installation manual.|
SMART PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER WITH WIFI CONNECTIVITY & VOICE CONTROL
For Models: HJ12CESV**/HJ14CESV**/HJ16CESV**Smart Portable Air Conditioner with WiFi ConnectivityThe Smart Portable Air Conditioner has added features to allow you to operate the Air Conditioner remotely using a smart device, and to use voice commands through an Amazon Echo / google home device, to control the unit.Set up the Honeywell Air Comfort App on your smartphone or tablet to connect the Honeywell Smart Portable Air Conditioner for WiFi and Voice control (only available for Smart Portable Air Conditioner models).
- Download the Honeywell Air Comfort App User Manual from the below link:https://honeywellaircomfort.com/HJSmartPACAppManual.pdf
- Download the Honeywell Air Comfort App on your smartphone or tablet.
IMPORTANT: A 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network is required for proper connection and operation between the Portable Air Conditioner and the App.
NOTE: The Smart Portable Air Conditioner does not have to be connected to the Honeywell Air Comfort App to function. You can still operate manually using the unit’s control panel.
Congratulations on your purchase of this Honeywell Local Air Conditioner.Regarding the information pertaining to the installation, handling, servicing, cleaning, and disposal of the appliance, please refer to the below paragraph of the manual.
Local Air Conditioners are ideal for spot cooling. The compressor, condenser, and evaporator are housed in a compact unit. The air is a dehumidifier and cooled while a flexible hose sends heat outside. The Local Air Conditioner includes a window venting kit.No permanent installation is needed. The unit is easy to move from room to room and offers a truly ﬂexible air conditioning solution.Auto Evaporation System – The unit automatically evaporates the condensate through the hose.There is no need to empty the drainage tank except in humid conditions. Read and follow the instructions carefully.To ensure optimal efﬁciency of the product, keep doors and windows closed when it is used as an air conditioner or dehumidiﬁer. If the product is being used with the fan function only, an open window could improve air circulation.
Important:Before installing the unit, place it UPRIGHT for 1 hour before use to allow the refrigerant to stabilize.The air outlet automatically opens when the unit is turned on, and automatically closes when the unit is turned off. Manually adjust the air vent located at the top of the unit to adjust the direction of air ﬂow.
- Follow installation instructions to set up the unit.
- Plug the unit into a properly grounded circuit. DO NOT plug into an extension cord.
|1) Control Panel||8) Upper Dust Filter|
|2) Air Outlet||9) Upper Rubber Drain Plug(Dehumidifying Mode)|
|3) Handle||10) Lower Dust Filter|
|4) Casters||11) Drain Tube(For Continuous Drain)|
|5) Remote Control||12) Drain Plug Cap|
|6) Hose Connector||13) Lower Rubber Drain Plug(Air Conditioning Mode)|
|7) Cord Winder||14) Power Supply Cord|
It is important that the installation instructions below are followed for the successful installation of this Local Air Conditioner. Please call Customer Support if you have any difﬁculties or queries regarding these installation procedures.
|1. Window Bracket Kit||(1 Set)|
|2. Window Bracket Panel Adapter||(1 Piece)|
|3. Exhaust Hose Connector||(1 Piece)|
|4. Exhaust Hose||(1 Piece)|
|5. Drain Tube||(1 Piece)|
|6. Butterﬂy Screws||(1 Piece)|
- Exhaust Hose Connector, Exhaust Hose and window bracket panel adapter are pre-assembled inside the package.Hose:Length: 10.23” to 47” (26cm to 120cm)Window Bracket Kit:This window kit is designed to ﬁt most standard sliding windows. If your window is outside of the size parameters as outlined above, the window bracket can be cut shorter to ﬁt by bringing it to a nearby hardware store.Note: After setting the window bracket to the size of your window, please remove it from the window and follow the instructions below.
- Connect the hose to the rear exhaust outlet on the back of the unit. Slide in the hose connector then rotate clockwise until it is locked in place.
- Connect the window bracket to the window bracket panel adapter. Ensure that all connections are tight and installed properly.
- Connect the window bracket to the window.
Horizontal Sliding Window Vertical Sliding Window
- The Local Air Conditioner is now ready to use.
IMPORTANT:Do not replace or lengthen the hose as this could cause the unit to malfunction.The length of the hose is scientifically determined by the specifications and airflow of the air conditioner. Extending the hose beyond the speciﬁed dimensions can cause heat to collect or ﬂow back into the air conditioner causing the unit to malfunction.
WARNING: Any warranties included with this product will be voided if an extra extension hose is added to the originally provided installation kit or if the installation is performed differently than the manufacturer’s instructions, without proper consultation. Please contact Customer Support for help with installation procedures if needed.
- The supplied hose has a diameter of 5.9″ (15 cm) and can be extended from 10.23” to 47” (26cm to 120cm).
- Do not bend (to the extent shown above) the hose. A bent hose will block exhaust air and cause the unit to malfunction or shut-off.
- Make sure the back of the unit is at least 20″ (50 cm) away from the wall. Do not place the unit in front of curtains or drapes as this could obstruct the airﬂow.
USE AND OPERATION
|1) Indicator Lights||5) Timer / Temperature Set Controls|
|2) Power Control||6) Sleep Mode|
|3) Swing Control||7) Mode Control|
|4) Fan Speed Control||8) Timer Control|
|9^) Wi-Fi Connectivity and Voice Activated Control|
^THIS IS ONLY FOR MODEL HJ12CESV** / HJ14CESV** /HJ16CESV** WITH WIFI SMART FEATURES
NOTE: For detailed instructions to set up your Portable Air Conditioner for connected operation from your smartphone or tablet, separate user manual can be downloaded at:
POWER CONTROLPressto turns ON/OFF the unit. The air vent will automatically swing open when the unit is turned ON and automatically close when the unit is turned OFF.
RESTART DELAYIf the unit turns OFF while operating in COOL mode, there will be an approx. 3-minute delay to restart the air conditioner in COOL mode. This is a safety feature and added to help protect and extend the life of the compressor. After 3 minutes, you will be able to turn ON the unit as usual.
FAN SPEED CONTROL3 settings: High, Medium, and Low.
Note: Fan Speed cannot be adjusted in Sleep Mode and Dehumidifying Mode.
MODE CONTROLSettings: Air Conditioning, Dehumidifying, Fan, Heating*.The corresponding indicator light will illuminate to indicate the current mode setting.
- Air Conditioning Mode (COOL)Adjust fan speed and air temperature to suit your desired comfort level.Temperature setting range is 61°F – 88°F (16°C -31°C).
- Dehumidifying Mode (DRY)Air is dehumidiﬁed as it passes through the unit, without being in full cooling mode.The fan speed is preset as LOW speed and can NOT be adjusted.
Note: If the unit will be used mainly as a dehumidiﬁer, do not connect the exhaust hose.Continuous drainage is then necessary (refer to Continuous Draining for Dehumidiﬁer Mode).
IMPORTANT: The Dehumidifier Mode is used to support moisture reduction but should not be expected to dehumidify to the same degree as a standard dehumidifier-only appliance. The built-in dehumidiﬁer automatically adjusts dehumidiﬁcation based on ambient room temperatures. It is not possible to adjust to the desired humidity percentage. The front display only shows the current and desired temperatures. It does not show humidity levels.
- Fan ModeFor air circulation without air conditioner cooling.
- Heating ModeWhen heating mode is selected the indicator light will shine. Heating is activated only when the ambient temperature is below 77°F (25°C). In this mode, the desired temperature can be set between 61°F – 88°F (16°C -31°C).Note: The exhaust hoses must vent outside the room when using heating mode.IMPORTANT: The Heat pump draws moisture from the air which then condenses into the internal water tank. The unit will pause operation when the tank is full and will restart when the tank has been emptied. It is recommended to use the Heating Mode in a room with 50% humidity or lower.Avoid operating moisture-producing products or appliances such as a humidiﬁer or a kettle when using the unit in Heating Mode. See the “Draining Water Condensation in Heat Mode” section for more information on draining the water tank.
TIMER / TEMPERATURE SET CONTROLSThe and buttons can be used to adjust and set your desired temperature in Cooling or Heating* modes. They can also be used to set the timer (see “Timer Control” below).
SLEEP MODESleep Mode is for energy-saving comfort during the night. When Sleep Mode is ON in Air Conditioning Cooling Mode, the fan will automatically stay on LOW Speed and the set temperature will increase by 1°F (1°C) on the ﬁrst hour. It will increase to another 1°F (1°C) on the second hour and remain at this temperature for the rest of the night until Sleep Mode is deactivated.
Note: The control panel lights will turn OFF after 10 seconds and light up again when any button is pressed. When Sleep Mode is ON in Heating Mode*, the fan will automatically stay on LOW Speed and the set temperature will decrease by 1°F (1°C) on the ﬁrst hour. It will decrease another 1°F (1°C) in the second hour, and remain at this temperature for the rest of the night, until Sleep Mode is deactivated.
TIMER CONTROLWhile the unit is turned on, press the timer button then presstheirto select the number of hours you would like the unit to continue to run. The unit will turn on/off automatically.
AUTO TURN OFF:While the unit is running, press theor button to select the number of hours you want the unit to run in air conditioning mode.
AUTO TURN ON:When the unit is in standby mode (plugged in with power light on), then press the or button to select the number of hours until you want the unit to automatically start running.
SWING CONTROLPressto activates automatic oscillation of louvers. Press again to stop the swing when the louvers reached the desired angle.
WATER FULL LIGHTCondensation may accumulate in the unit.If the internal tank becomes full, the Water Full Lightwill illuminate and the unit will beep 5 times for 5 seconds. The unit will not operate until the unit has been drained (refer to Water Condensation Drainage).
WI-FI MODE^When the Smart Portable Air Conditioner is connected to the wiﬁ function, the indicator light will be illuminated.
^THIS IS ONLY FOR MODEL HJ12CESV** / HJ14CESV** / HJ16CESV** WITH WI-FI SMART FEATURES
ADDITIONAL FEATURES:AUTOMATIC DEFROST FEATURESometimes when the unit is operating in cooling mode in lower room temperatures (e.g. lower than 60°F), the internal cooling coils may become too cold and sometimes frost may develop on the cooling coils. When this happens, the unit will automatically pause operation and defrost the cooling coils to protect the unit. The air conditioner will restart automatically when the system has defrosted and returns to standard operational temperatures.
All key functions can be accessed from the remote control.
- Battery Installation: Remove the cover on the back of the remote control and insert two AAA batteries with + and – pointing in the proper direction according to the polarity markings.
- Use only two AAA or IEC R03 1.5V batteries.
- Remove the batteries if the remote control is not in use for a month or longer.
- All batteries should be replaced at the same time, do not mix with old batteries.
- Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries.
- Properly dispose of used batteries.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/ TV technician for help.
Caution: Any changes or modiﬁcations not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Turn off the appliance before disconnecting the power supply.
- Only clean the appliance with a soft dry cloth.
- Switch off and unplug the Local Air Conditioner from the electrical outlet.
- Remove the Upper Filter/ Grill, unscrew the Lower Filter/ Grill and carefully remove.
- Gently wash using water and/ or diluted liquid dishwashing detergent. Rinse thoroughly and gently shake excess water from the ﬁlters. Make sure the ﬁlters are dry before reinstalling.Note: You may use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust.
- Replace the Upper Grill onto the unit, and reinstall the Lower Grill with the screw.
WARNING: DO NOT power or operate the Local Air Conditioner when cleaning or when the Dust Filter is removed from the unit, or if there is a loose-ﬁtting Dust Filter. DO NOT attempt to handle or touch any of the parts or wiring inside the Rear Grill after the Dust Filter has been removed from the unit.Doing so can cause serious injury or electrical shock.
End of Season Storage and Maintenance:If the appliance will not be used for a long time, follow these steps:
- Be sure to drain the left-over water condensation. Remove the lower drain plug and use a drain pan to collect the water (make sure to replace the drain plug cap when ﬁnished).
- To dry excess moisture, run the unit in Fan-only mode for 30 minutes before storing.
- Turn off and unplug the Local Air Conditioner from the power supply.
- Remove the dust ﬁlter and clean with water. Dry the dust ﬁlter and then reinstall.
- Disconnecting the Window Installation Kit:• Remove the Hose from the unit by rotating anti-clockwise then pulling away.• Remove the Window Bracket, Window Bracket Panel Adapter, and Hose Connector.• It is recommended to store the Window Kit parts in a bag together with the Remote Control,• Drain tubes and place them together with the Local Air Conditioner unit.• If needed, you can clean the Window Kit with a damp cloth and water before storing it.• Make sure all parts of the Window Kit are dry before storage.
- Cover the Local Air Conditioner with a cloth/ plastic bag before storage, to protect from dust and scratches collecting on the surface of the unit.
- It is recommended to coil the power cord before storing to ensure the cord is protected from bents and creases.
- Store the Local Air Conditioner in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
WATER CONDENSATION DRAINAGE
When there is excess water condensation inside the unit, the air conditioner stops running and shows a warning light (the WATER FULL indicator illuminates with a red light). This indicatesthat the water condensation needs to be drained using the following procedures:
Manual Draining in Cooling, Dehumidifying ModesWater may need to be drained in high humidity areas.
- Unplug the unit from the power source.
- Place a drain pan under the lower rubber drain plug.See diagram.
- Remove the drain plug cap.
- Water will drain out and collect in the shallow pan.
- After the water is drained, replace the drain plug cap.
- You can now turn on the unit.
Continuous Draining in Dehumidiﬁer ModeWhile using the unit in dehumidiﬁer mode, continuous drainage is recommended.
- Unplug the unit from the power source.
- Remove the upper drain plug cap.Some residual water may spill so please have a pan to collect the water.
- Connect the drain tube to the upper drain plug.See diagram.
- The water can be continuously drained through the drain tube into a ﬂoor drain or bucket.
- Replace the drain plug cap.
- You can now turn on the unit.
IMPORTANT: It is NOT recommended to connect the drain hose for continuous drainage while the unit is switched ON in air conditioning cooling mode. Doing so will reduce the cooling efficiency of the Local Air Conditioner. Only drain the water condensation when the unit is switched off.Continuous drainage is only suitable when the unit is set up in Dehumidiﬁer mode.The water cannot be drained using the continuous drain option in heating* mode. In Heating mode, the internal water tank collects condensation faster and may require more frequent emptying of the tank in more humid rooms. It is recommended to use the heating mode in a room with 50 % humidity or lower. Avoid operating moisture-creating products or appliances such as a humidiﬁer or a kettle when using the unit in heating mode.
The following troubleshooting guide addresses the most common problems. If problems persist, call customer support. Unplug and disconnect the appliance from the power source before attempting to troubleshoot.
|The air conditioning unit does not start||No electricity.||Check for power.|
|Batteries in the remote control need to be replaced.||Change remote control batteries.|
|The power cord is not properly plugged in.||Remove and reconnect the power cord.|
|The safety LCDI plug has tripped (USA / Canada / Mexico only).||Reset the safety LCDI plug, if the problem persists contact our customer support (USA / Canada / Mexico only).|
Runs a short while only
|The thermostat temperature setting is too close to room temperature.||Lower the set temperature.|
|The air outlet is blocked.||Make sure the hose is properly connected.|
|There are tight bends in the air hose.||Connect hose as per instructions on page|
|Runs but not cooling||A door or window is open.||Make sure the window or door is closed.|
|The dust ﬁlter is dirty.||Clean the dust ﬁlter.|
|The hose is detached.||Reinstall the hose properly (refer to Installation section).|
|Temperature setting is too high.||Reduce temperature setting.|
|Air outlet or intake is blocked.||Remove blockage.|
|The room exceeds recommended size.||Move the unit to a smaller room.|
|Large size or number of windows are decreasing cooling effectiveness.||Cover windows with curtains or blinds.|
|Will not run and WATER FULL indicator illuminates||Excess water condensation inside the tank.||Drain the water (refer to Water Condensation Drainage).|
|Indoor temperature sensor failure (open circuit or short circuit).|
|Pipe temperature sensor failure (open circuit or short circuit).|
Made in China© 2021 JMATEK Limited. All rights reserved.The Honeywell Trademark is used under licensefrom Honeywell International Inc.Honeywell International Inc. makes norepresentations or warranties with respect to this product.This product is manufactured by Airtek Int’l Corp. Ltd.(a subsidiary of JMATEK Ltd.).JMATEK UK LimitedKeizersgracht 621015 CS AmsterdamNetherlandsTel: +31 20 5207422[email protected]m