|Network status indicator|
|Network port indicator|
|Signal strength indicator||
|SIM card slot|
1 Attach the socket to the router.
The socket can help keep the router upright to improve its Wi-Fi signal reception.
2 Make sure you use the correct SIM card.
mini-SIM (2FF) micro-SIM (3FF) nano-SIM (4FF)
3 Insert the SIM card gently into the SIM card slot in the direction shown in the figure below until it clicks.
• To remove the SIM card, gently press the SIM card in until it clicks. The card will automatically pop out.• Do not insert or remove a SIM card when the router is running, as this may affect performance or damage the SIM card.
4 Connect the power adapter to the router.
|The indicators will turn on when the router has successfully connected to a network.|
|Network status indicator||Cyan/blue: Connected to an LTE/3G network.|
|Signal strength indicator||White: More signal bars indicate a stronger signal.|
If the network status indicator is red, it indicates there is no network connection. Please refer to the FAQs in this guide.
Connecting to your router’s Wi-Fi network
Once the router has connected to a mobile data network, you can connect your computer or mobile phone to the router’s Wi-Fi network to access the Internet. Please refer to the label on the back of the router for the default Wi-Fi network name (Wi-Fi Name) and password (Wi-Fi Password).
• When the Wi-Fi indicator is steady on, Wi-Fi is enabled. To enable or disable Wi-Fi, refer to the router’s web-based management page.• Ensure that you promptly change the Wi-Fi network name and password on the web-based management page to prevent unauthorized access to your Wi-Fi network. Once you have changed the password, you will need to reconnect to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
Managing your router
You can manage the router using the web-based management page. Please refer to the label on the back of the router for the default IP address, password and so on.More information can be found in the web-based management page.
• Ensure that you promptly change the default login password for the web-based management page to prevent unauthorized users from changing the router’s settings.• You can also manage your router using the HUAWEI SmartHome app. Scan the QR code below to download.
The features described in this section are for reference purposes only. Your router may not support all of these features.Connecting computerYou can connect a computer to the router to access the Internet.
Accessing the Internet through an Ethernet portYou can connect the router to a wall-mounted Ethernet port using an Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet.Configure the relevant settings on the web-based management page before connecting to the Internet through an Ethernet port. For details, please contact your carrier.
The Ethernet cable is an optional accessory. To buy an Ethernet cable, please contact an authorized retailer.
Installing external antennasIn addition to the build-in antenna designed to satisfy your basic needs, you can also install external antenna to the router to improve signal reception. Please contact your carrier to purchase the antenna. If you only require one antenna, plug it into the socket.• Turn off the router and unplug the power adapter before installing any external antennas.• External antennas are only suitable for indoor use. Do not use external antennas during thunderstorms.• Only use external antennas provided by your carrier.
How do I restore factory settings?When the router is turned on, press the Reset button for approximately 3 seconds using a pointed object until the power indicator starts to blink. Restoring factory settings will restore the settings to the default. You can reconfigure them after the router is restored.
What should I do if I forgot the Wi-Fi password or the login password for the web-based management page?Restore the router to its factory settings and then use the default Wi-Fi password and login password to try again.
What should I do if the network status indicator is red or an Internet connection cannot be established?1 Check if the SIM card is inserted. Refer to the Setup section for the right size of SIM card and the right way to insert it into the slot.2 If the issue persists, restore the router to factory settings and try again.3 Contact your carrier to check if your SIM card is out of service. If it’s a new card, check if it has been activated.
What should I do if the Internet speed is slow?1 Check the signal strength indicator on the router. If it shows weak signal, adjust the router’s direction or move it close to a window to improve signal reception.2 If your device is connected to the router over Wi-Fi, adjust your device’s position to receive better signal.3 Switch to Wi-Fi 5 GHz if it is supported by your device.4 Restart the router and your device, and try again.5 Check if you have reached your data traffic limit for the month. If so, your carrier may limit your Internet speed.
How can I connect to the router using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)?To connect a WPS-enabled device to your router using the Hi/WPS button:1 Press and hold the Hi/WPS button on the router for at least 1 second and then release, the Wi-Fi indicator starts to blink.2 Enable WPS on your device within 2 minutes to connect to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
Why can’t I access the router’s web-based management page?1 Ensure that your computer is connected to the router through an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.2 Ensure that your computer is set to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically.3 Restart your browser, or try using another browser.4 If the problem persists, restore the router to its factory settings.
Why is the content displayed on the web-based management page not up to date?Depending on your browser’s cache, the content for your device on the web-based management page may not be up to date.Manually clear your browser’s cache (for example, open your browser and choose Internet Options > General > Browsing history > Delete.) and re-launch the web-based management page.
Does my router support 5 GHz Wi-Fi? How do I connect to its 5 GHz Wi-Fi?1 Yes. Your router supports 5 GHz Wi-Fi, which is faster and less sensitive to interference. However, it does not penetrate walls as well as 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and can only be used on devices that support 5 GHz Wi-Fi.2 If you have enabled the feature that prioritizes 5 GHz on your router, the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks will share the same network name and you will be automatically connected to the faster network. If this feature is disabled, two Wi-Fi network names will be displayed. Connect to the Wi-Fi network ending with “_5G”. You can manage this feature in your router’s web-based management page.
If you are experiencing any other issues with the router:1 Restart the router.2 Restore the router to its factory settings.3 Contact your carrier.
Copyright © Huawei 2021. All rights reserved.No part of this manual may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. and its affiliates (“Huawei”).The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei and possible licensors. Customers shall not in any manner reproduce, distribute, modify, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract, reverse engineer, lease, assign, or sublicense the said software, unless such restrictions are prohibited by applicable laws or such actions are approved by respective copyright holders.
Trademarks and Permissions
, , and are trademarks or registered trademarks of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.Wi-Fi®, the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo, and the Wi-Fi logo are trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance.Other trademarks, product, service and company names mentioned may be the property of their respective owners.
NoticeSome features of the product and its accessories described herein rely on the software installed, capacities and settings of local network, and therefore may not be activated or may be limited by local network operators or network service providers.Thus, the descriptions herein may not exactly match the product or its accessories which you purchase.Huawei reserves the right to change or modify any information or specifications contained in this manual without prior notice and without any liability.
ALL CONTENTS OF THIS MANUAL ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE MADE IN RELATION TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENTS OF THIS MANUAL.TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL HUAWEI BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS, REVENUE, DATA, GOODWILL SAVINGS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LOSSES ARE FORSEEABLE OR NOT.THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY (THIS LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH A LIMITATION) OF HUAWEI ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCT DESCRIBED IN THIS MANUAL SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMERS FOR THE PURCHASE OF THIS PRODUCT.
Import and Export Regulations
Customers shall comply with all applicable export or import laws and regulations and be responsible to obtain all necessary governmental permits and licenses in order to export, re-export or import the product mentioned in this manual including the software and technical data therein.
By continuing to use this device, you indicate that you have read and agree to the following content:In order to provide better service, this device will automatically obtain software update information from Huawei or your carrier after connecting to the Internet. This process will use mobile data, and require access to your device’s unique identifier (IMEI/SN) and the service provider network ID (PLMN) to check whether your device needs to be updated.In addition, this device supports the automatic downloading and installation of important updates from Huawei or your carrier in cases of emergency. This function is enabled by default. To disable this function, please log in to the product management website and make the corresponding changes in the settings menu.
This section contains important information about the operation of your device. It also contains information about how to use the device safely. Read this information carefully before using your device.
Do not use your device if using the device is prohibited. Do not use the device if doing so causes danger or interference with other electronic devices.
Interference with medical equipment
- Follow rules and regulations set forth by hospitals and health care facilities. Do not use your device where prohibited.
- Some wireless devices may affect the performance of hearing aids or pacemakers. Consult your service provider for more information.
- Pacemaker manufacturers recommend that a minimum distance of 20 cm be maintained between a device and a pacemaker to prevent potential interference with the pacemaker. If using a pacemaker, hold the device on the side opposite the pacemaker and do not carry the device in your front pocket.
Areas with flammables and explosives
- Do not use the device where flammables or explosives are stored (in a gas station, oil depot, or chemical plant, for example). Using your device in these environments increases the risk of explosion or fire. In addition, follow the instructions indicated in text or symbols.
- Do not store or transport the device in containers with flammable liquids, gases, or explosives.
- Avoid dusty, damp, or dirty environments. Avoid magnetic fields. Using the device in these environments may result in circuit malfunctions.
- Before connecting and disconnecting cables, stop using the device and disconnect it from the power supply. Ensure that your hands are dry during operation.
- Place the device on a stable surface.
- Keep the device away from electronic appliances that generate strong magnetic or electric fields, such as a microwave oven or refrigerator.
- During thunderstorms, power off your device and remove all cables connected to it to protect against lightning strikes.
- Do not use your device during thunderstorms to protect your device against any danger caused by lightning.
- Ideal operating temperatures are 0 °C to 40 °C. Ideal storage temperatures are -20 °C to +70 °C. Extreme heat or cold may damage your device or accessories.
- Keep the device and accessories in a well-ventilated and cool area away from direct sunlight. Do not enclose or cover your device with towels or other objects. Do not place the device in a container with poor heat dissipation, such as a box or bag.
- To protect your device or accessories from fire or electrical shock hazards, avoid rain and moisture.
- Keep the device away from sources of heat and fire, such as a heater, microwave oven, stove, water heater, radiator, or candle.
- Do not place any object, such as a candle or a water container, on the device. If any foreign object or liquid enters the device, immediately stop using it, power it off, and remove all cables connected to it. Then, contact a Huawei authorized service center.
- Do not block device openings. Reserve a minimum of 10 cm around the device to dissipate heat.
- Stop using your device or applications for a while if the device is overheated. If skin is exposed to an overheated device for an extended period, low temperature burn symptoms, such as red spots and darker pigmentation, may occur.
- Do not touch the device’s antenna. Otherwise, communication quality may be reduced.
- Do not allow children or pets to bite or suck the device or accessories. Doing so may result in damage or explosion.
- Observe local laws and regulations, and respect the privacy and legal rights of others.
- The device should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and your body.
- Keep the device in a place with good reception. The distance between the device and other metal materials (such as metal brackets or metal doors and windows) should be greater than 25 cm and the distance between the device should be greater than 30 cm.
- Comply with all precautions with regard to child’s safety. Letting children play with the device or its accessories may be dangerous. The device includes detachable parts that may present a choking hazard. Keep away from children.
- The device and its accessories are not intended for use by children. Children should only use the device with adult supervision.
- Using an unapproved or incompatible power adapter, charger or battery may cause fire, explosion or other hazards.
- Choose only accessories approved for use with this model by the device manufacturer. The use of any other types of accessories may void the warranty, may violate local regulations and laws, and may be dangerous. Please contact your retailer for information about the availability of approved accessories in your area.
Power adapter safety
- The power plug is intended to serve as a disconnect device.
- For pluggable devices, the socket-outlet shall be installed near the devices and shall be easily accessible.
- Unplug the power adapter from electrical outlets and the device when not in use.
- Do not drop or cause an impact to the power adapter. If it is damaged, take it to a Huawei authorized service center for inspection.
- If the power cable is damaged (for example, the cord is exposed or broken), or the plug loosens, stop using it at once. Continued use may lead to electric shocks, short circuits, or fire.
- Do not touch the power cord with wet hands or pull the power cord to disconnect the power adapter.
- Do not touch the device or the power adapter with wet hands. Doing so may lead to short circuits, malfunctions, or electric shocks.
- If your power adapter has been exposed to water, other liquids, or excessive moisture, take it to a Huawei authorized service center for inspection.
- Ensure that the power adapter meets the requirements of Clause 2.5 in IEC60950-1/EN60950-1/UL60950-1 and has been tested and approved according to national or local standards.
Cleaning and maintenance
- During storage, transportation, and operation of the device, keep it dry and protect it from collision.
- Keep the device and accessories dry. Do not attempt to dry it with an external heat source, such as a microwave oven or hair dryer.
- Do not expose your device or accessories to extreme heat or cold. These environments may interfere with proper function and may lead to fire or explosion.
- Avoid collision, which may lead to device malfunctions, overheating, fire, or explosion.
- If the device is not going to be used for an extended period of time, power it off, and remove all cables connected to it.
- If anything unusual occurs (for example, if the device emits smoke or any unusual sound or smell), immediately stop using it, power it off, remove all cables connected to it, and contact a Huawei authorized service center.
- Do not trample, pull, or excessively bend any cable. Doing so may damage the cable, causing the device to malfunction.
- Before you clean or maintain the device, stop using it, stop all applications, and disconnect all cables connected to it.
- Do not use any chemical detergent, powder, or other chemical agents (such as alcohol and benzene) to clean the device or accessories. These substances may cause damage to parts or present a fire hazard. Use a clean, soft, and dry cloth to clean the device and accessories.
- Do not place magnetic stripe cards, such as credit cards and phone cards, near the device for extended periods of time. Otherwise the magnetic stripe cards may be damaged.
- Do not dismantle or remanufacture the device and its accessories. This voids the warranty and releases the manufacturer from liability for damage. In case of damage, contact a Huawei authorized service center for assistance or repair.
Blasting Caps and Areas
Turn off your device or wireless device when in a blasting area or in areas posted turn off “two-way radios” or “electronic devices” to avoid interfering with blasting operations.
Medical devicesPlease consult your doctor and the device manufacturer to determine if operation of your device may interfere with the operation of your medical device.
HospitalsSwitch off your wireless device when requested to do so in hospitals, clinics or health care facilities. These requests are designed to prevent possible interference with sensitive medical equipment.
AircraftSwitch off your wireless device whenever you are instructed to do so by airport or airline staff. Consult the airline staff about the use of wireless devices on board the aircraft, if your device offers a ‘flight mode’ this must be enabled prior to boarding an aircraft.
Disposal and recycling information
The crossed-out wheeled-bin symbol on your product, battery, literature or packaging reminds you that all electronic products and batteries must be taken to separate waste collection points at the end of their working lives; they must not be disposed of in the normal waste stream with household garbage. It is the responsibility of the user to dispose of the equipment using a designated collection point or service for separate recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) and batteries according to local laws.Proper collection and recycling of your equipment helps ensure electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) waste is recycled in a manner that conserves valuable materials and protects human health and the environment, improper handling, accidental breakage, damage, and/or improper recycling at the end of its life may be harmful for health and environment. For more information about where and how to drop off your EEE waste, please contact your local authorities, retailer or household waste disposal service or visit the website https://consumer.huawei.com/en/.
Reduction of hazardous substances
This device and its electrical accessories are compliant with local applicable rules on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment, such as EU REACH, RoHS and Batteries (where included) regulations. For declarations of conformity about REACH and RoHS, please visit our web site https://consumer.huawei.com/certification.
EU regulatory conformance
StatementHereby, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. declares that this device B535-232 is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU.The most recent and valid version of the DoC (Declaration of Conformity) can be viewed at https://consumer.huawei.com/certification.This device may be operated in all member states of the EU.Observe national and local regulations where the device is used.This device may be restricted for use, depending on the local network.Restrictions in the 5 GHz band:The 5150 to 5350 MHz frequency range is restricted to indoor use in: AT, BE, BG, CH, CY, CZ, DE, DK, EE, EL, ES, FI, FR, HR, HU, IE, IS, IT, LI, LT, LU, LV, MT, NL, NO, PL, PT, RO, SE, SI, SK, TR, UK(NI).In accordance with the relevant statutory requirements in the UK, the 5150 to 5350 MHz frequency range is restricted to indoor use in the United Kingdom.
ErP Product Information
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. hereby declares that its products conform to the Energy-related Products Directive (ErP) 2009/125/EC. For detailed ErP information and the user manuals required by Commission Regulation, please visit: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/certification.
Frequency Bands and Power
(a) Frequency bands in which the radio equipment operates: Some bands may not be available in all countries or all areas. Please contact the local carrier for more details.(b) Maximum radio-frequency power transmitted in the frequency bands in which the radio equipment operates: The maximum power for all bands is less than the highest limit value specified in the related Harmonized Standard.The frequency bands and transmitting power (radiated and/or conducted) nominal limits applicable to this radio equipment are as follows: WCDMA 900/2100: 25.7 dBm, LTE Band 1/3/7/8/20/28/32/38: 25.7 dBm, Wi-Fi 2.4G: 20 dBm, Wi-Fi 5G: 5150-5350 MHz: 23 dBm, 5470-5725 MHz: 30 dBm.
Accessories and Software Information
Some accessories are optional in certain countries or regions. Optional accessories can be purchased from a licensed vendor as required. The following accessories are recommended:Adapters: HW-120100X01 (X represents the different plug types used, which can be either C, U, J, E, B, A, I, R, Z or K, depending on your region)The product software version is 10.0.1.1(H191SP4C00). Software updates will be released by the manufacturer to fix bugs or enhance functions after the product has been released. All software versions released by the manufacturer have been verified and are still compliant with the related rules.All RF parameters (for example, frequency range and output power) are not accessible to the user, and cannot be changed by the user.For the most recent information about accessories and software, please see the DoC (Declaration of Conformity) at https://consumer.huawei.com/certification.Please visit https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/hotline for recently updated hotline and email address in your country or region.