- Single-ended 6.3mm outputConnection for 6.3 single-ended headphones. Please use a 3.5 to 6.3 mm adaptor for 3.5 single-ended headphones.
- Balanced 4.4mm analog outputConnect balanced 4.4mm headphones.Tip: As iDSD Diablo is balanced, we recommend the 4.4mm output.
- Power ModeThere are 3 different types of power output levels to drive different headphones from the ultra-sensitive in-ear monitors to the most demanding over-ear headphones.Approximate listening time (in Battery mode with typical headphones):Eco up to a maximum of 12 hours (10)Normal up to a maximum of 9 hours (8)Turbo up to a maximum 6 hours (4)
- Audio Format LED (kHz)The LED colour scheme indicates the audio format and sampling frequency received by the iDSD Diablo from the music source.
LED Mode Yellow PCM 44/48/88/96kHz Cyan PCM 176/192/352/384kHz White PCM 768kHz Magenta DSD64/DSD128/OFS Red DSD256/DSD512 Green MQA Blue MQA Studio
- ON/OFF and Analogue Volume ControlTechnologies The analogue volume control in iDSD Diablo is superior to any digital volume control.• Octa-DSD512/PCM768 and 2X DXD.• Native DSD/PCM Burr-Brown® chipset.Warning: Due to the high power of iDSD Diablo, always start off at a low volume level so that there is no risk of damage to your headphones or your hearing. iFi audio is not responsible for any hearing or equipment damage from misuse.Tip: For Apple iOS and Android devices, please use battery power, otherwise you may receive error messages from your device.Tip: For connection to Apple devices, an Apple Lightning to a USB Camera Adapter is required. For connection to Android devices, a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable and appropriate OS support are required.For more information, please refer to www.ifi-audio.com.
- S/PDIF 3.5mm Coaxial/Optical inputWhen USB is not used, connect to a Coaxial/Optical cable (through a Toslink Mini-Plug).Tip: a Toslink Mini-Plug to Toslink adaptor is included for connecting a Toslink optical cable.Tip: The SPDIF standard supports PCM only up to 192kHz.
- Balanced 4.4mm fixed analog outputThis is an analog output via 4.4mm > XLR or other balanced interconnects. You could use this for an active speaker or an amplifier.Warning: Do not insert 4.4mm headphones to this source as the full volume is likely to damage your headphones or your hearing.
- USB-C (5V) battery charge inputFor charging only. Due to the very high-power nature of iDSDDiablo, it will take ~12 hours and ~6 hours for a standard and high-powered (the enclosed super-silent iPower 5V) charger respectively to fully recharge the iDSD Diablo.
- LED for Battery Status
LED Status White* > 75% Green* > 25% Red* > 10% Red (flashing) ≤ 10%
*Battery LED will flash when it is charging.
- USB3.0 ‘Type A’ input portFor data transfer only. Connect your phone to the iDSD Diablo with a Lightning to a USB Camera Adapter (Apple) or USB OnThe-Go (OTG) cable (Android). When using other audio sources, please connect with a USB cable.Tip: It is preferable to use a USB 3.0 over using a USB 2.0 port on the PC.Tip: The iDSD Diablo comes with a pre-installed firmware v5.30 optimized forMQA. This version also handles up to PCM384/DSD256.Tip: For firmware optimized to run PCM768/DSD5 12(non-MQA) please install firmware v5.20.Tip: For all downloads: www.ifi-audio.com/downloads/Technologies• Octa-DSD512/PCM768 and 2X DXD.• Native DSD/PCM Burr-Brown® chipset.• Fully balanced 4.4mm output.• Performance boosting Direct-Drive® and Headamp Turbo®.• Zero Jitter/Femto clock system upgraded for lower phase-noise/jitter*.• Digital engine upgraded with iFi custom ultra-low noise Op-Amp Ov2028*.• Analogue section upgraded with iFi custom ultra-low noise Op-Amp Ov2627*.• Ultra-low impedance OS-CON polymer capacitors and Panasonic audio grade ECPU film capactiors*.• Ultra-low noise is iPower 5V power supply*.*Diablo edition
Digital Inputs: USB 3.0 type ‘A’ (USB2.0 compatible)/S-PDIF (3.5mm coaxial/optical) Formats supported: DSD512/256/128/64,Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSDDXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz),Double/Single-Speed DXDPCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz)MQA Frequency Response: 10Hz-80kHz(-3dB) SNR: Balanced: -120dB S-E: -114dB Dynamic range: Balanced: -120dB S-E: -114dB SNR: Balanced: 0.002% S-E: 0.00% Headphone Max Output: Balanced: >19.2V/611 mW (@ 600 Ohm)>12.6V/4,980 mW (@ 32 Ohm) S-E: >9.6V/153 mW (@ 600 Ohm)>8.8V/2,417 mW (@ 32 Ohm) Fixed Audio Output: Balanced 4.4mm Power consumption: Turbo: 12W Normal: 5W Eco: 2W Battery: Lithium-polymer 4800mAh Power System: Charging via USB-C (iFi iPower included)BC V1.2 compliant up to 1900mA charging current Dimensions: 166 x 72 x 25 mm6.5″ x 2.8″ x 1.0″ Weight: 330g (0.73 lbs) Warranty period: 12 months
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.