IGLOO IRF32BK Single Door Compact Refrigerator
Your safety and the safety of others is very important.We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.
This is the safety alert symbol.This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can cause serious injury to you and others.All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol. All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
Appliance Specifications:115 Volts, 60 Hertz65 Watts
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR USE IN 120V AC OUTLET ONLY.Refer to www.nostalgiaproducts.com/user-manuals/ for the most updated manual.
A person who has not read and understood all operating and safety instructions is not qualified to operate this appliance. All users of this appliance must read and understand this Instruction Manual before operating or cleaning this appliance.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including:
- Read all instructions before operating this appliance.
- DO NOT TOUCH the hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- This appliance is NOT A TOY.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Unsupervised young children and cognitively challenged individuals should never operate this appliance.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plug or any part of this unit in water or other liquids.
- Do not operate this appliance when parts are missing or broken.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before removing parts and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off any parts and before cleaning.
- DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after the appliance malfunctions, or if the appliance has been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest repair shop for examination, repair or adjustment.
- The manufacturer does not recommend the use of accessory attachments other than what is provided by the manufacturer. Use of attachments may cause injuries.
- DO NOT use the appliance for other than its intended use.
- DO NOT use outdoors. FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
- DO NOT place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- DO NOT put any parts of this appliance in dishwasher
- DO NOT allow cord to hang over edge of a table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord in the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any control to “off,” then remove plug from wall outlet.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS
Operating Safety Precautions
- Read all instructions before operating this appliance.
- Before connecting appliance to power supply, let the unit stand upright for 4 hours.
- Check appliance for presence of foreign objects prior to use.
- NEVER put anything living into the refrigerator for risk of severe injury or death.
- DO NOT cover or block any ventilation openings on the appliance.
- Keep the internal temperature as high as you can, which willreduce energy consumption and save you money.
- DO NOT continuously open and close the refrigerator and freezer door during normal use
- Keep the drawers, stabilizing rods and shelves consistent with their original placement in the refrigerator.
- The electrical circuit requirements are 115 volt and 60 Hz. It is recommended that a separate circuit serving only this product be provided.
- DO NOT interrupt the power by pulling the power supply cord and/ or pulling the power plug out of its socket directly
- DO NOT damage the refrigerant tubing.
- All maintenance on this unit should be done by an authorized repair technician.
- DO NOT put bottled beverages in the freezer, as they may break and/or explode.
- DO NOT put sealed containers of hot soups. sauces or foods into the refrigerator without cooling off first. Hot soups, sauces or foods placed into the refrigerator will grow bacteria and can cause food poisoning.
- DO NOT store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance. This appliance is intended for household use and similar uses such as:• Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments• Farm houses and by clients in hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts and other residential environments• Catering and similar non-retail applications
- DANGER! RISK OF CHILD ENTRAPMENT! Before you throw away your old refrigerator or freezer, TAKE OFF THE DOORS! Leave the shelves and drawers in a place so that children may not easily climb inside.
- DO NOT dispose of this appliance as unsorted municipal waste. Dispose of appliance in accordance with federal or local regulations.
- It is best to not store objects that are magnetic, heavy or filled with water or other liquids on top of this appliance. Electronic components may not work if water gets inside of this appliance. Do not store valuable objects, objects that are adversely affected by temperature or serum, bacterin, etc. inside or on top of the appliance.
- SPECIAL SAFETY NOTICE:• If a gas leak is suspected in the location, do not unplug or plug in the appliance as it may cause sparks or fire.• Don’t splash water on the back of the appliance, as it may cause malfunction or electric shock.• Don’t store flammable materials such as ether, benzene, gas or glue in the refrigerator.
- CAUTION! Risk of fire or explosion if refrigerant tubing is punctured. Follow the handling instructions carefully. Flammable refrigerant used.
Instructions for the Electrical Cord and Plug
- ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD:Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, fire, or electrical shock.• Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.• DO NOT remove ground prong.• DO NOT use an adapter.• DO NOT use an extension cord.
- This unit MUST be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. This unit is equipped with a cord having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
- WARNING: Improper use of the grounding plug can result in a risk of electric shock. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
- A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled or tripping over a long cord.
- The manufacturer does not recommend using this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter, transformer, or converter is in use.
Congratulations on your purchase of the Igloo® 3.2 CU. FT. REFRIGERATOR! This spacious refrigerator-freezer combo keeps snacks and beverages cool – anywhere you need them! Features include:
- Separate freezer compartment & drip tray
- 2 adjustable glass shelves
- Full-range adjustable thermostat
- Interior door has 8-can dispenser, 2-L bottle storage & condiment shelves
- Adjustable leveling feet
SPECIFICATIONS AND PARAMETERS
- Climate Class: SN-ST
- Refrigerator Capacity: 24.29 gallons
- Current: 1.0 A
- Rated Voltage: 115 V
- Rated Frequency: 60 Hz
- High Side: 115 psi
- Low Side: 58 psi
- Energy Consumption (kWh/24h): 0.564
- Refrigerant (oz): R600a/0.64 oz.
- Foaming Agent: Cyclopentane
- Interior Temperature: Freezer = 0° F | Refrigerator = 32° F – 46.4° F
- Dimensions: 18.5″ L x 19″ W x 32″ H
- Weight: 45 lbs.
PARTS & ASSEMBLY
Your REFRIGERATOR requires very little assembly. Before using, remove all packing materials from the inside of the refrigerator, and peel off the protective film on the outside of the refrigerator. Check the refrigerator for any damage, such as misaligned or bent door, damaged door seals and sealing surfaces, broken or loose door hinges and latches and dents inside the refrigerator or on the door. If there is any damage, DO NOT use the refrigerator. Return damaged item to the store where it was purchased.
HOW TO OPERATE
Before first use, remove all adhesive tape from the drawers, shelves, and trays.
- The refrigerator should be placed on a completely flat surface. Allow 1 foot of space on each side of the refrigerator and between the refrigerator and the wall. Also allow at least 8 inches of space between the top of the refrigerator and the ceiling.
- Choose a location for your refrigerator that is not exposed to sunlight, high temperature or humidity, as humidity may stain and damage the refrigerator.
- The appliance can be adjusted by rolling the two legs in the bottom front of the refrigerator if it becomes unstable. Raise the refrigerator by rolling the two legs clockwise.
- The surface of the location where the refrigerator is installed should be firm and flat. If refrigerator is not secured in a proper location, noise and vibration may occur. The noise may be increased if the floor is not firm. If you have to position the refrigerator on a carpeted floor, place a sheet underneath the refrigerator, such as plywood or a plastic mat, to prevent heat emissions from ruining the carpet.
- Make sure that legs are pressed firmly into the floor and allow the refrigerator to lean backward slightly so that the doors remain closed.
PLACEMENT OF FOOD
- There should always be some space between items inside for air circulation.
- Food should be kept in sealed containers to avoid becoming dry, spoiled or creating odors in the refrigerator.
- Hot food should be cooled down before placing into the appliance. Otherwise, bacteria will grow in food.
- Reducing the frequency of opening the doors can lower the electronic consumption.NOTE: Do not use any electronic equipment inside the appliance.
The temperature of the refrigerator can be controlled manually by the knob. However, the number shown on the knob does not correlate to the degrees. The higher the number, the lower the interior temperature of the refrigerator will be.
|0 = OFF||1 = Higher (warmer) Temperature|
|2-4 = Normal Use||5 = Lower (colder) Temperature|
Heavy frost will effect the efficiency and performance of the refrigerator and can create increased energy consumption. If the frost inside of the freezer gets as thick as ¼ inch, you must defrost the refrigerator. Follow these steps to defrost the freezer:
- Remove all food from the refrigerator and freezer.
- Uninstall the drawers and shelves.
- Unplug the power supply cord.
- Open the doors and wait for the appliance to thaw completely.
- Clean up the water with dry towels. NOTE: DO NOT use any other equipment or method to force the defrost process. It may ruin the cooling system.
DISCONNECTING THE APPLIANCE
After a power failure the refrigerator can keep food cool for several hours if doors are kept shut.
If the power fails, do not put additional food into the refrigerator or open the doors.
If you plan to have your power shut off for an extended period of time, make sure to remove all perishable food from the refrigerator or freezer first.
If you stop use of your refrigerator for an extended period of time, unplug the appliance from the outlet.
Always wait at least five minutes after unplugging the power supply cord before plugging it back in.
PACKING AND MOVING
Save packing materials if possible and remember how materials are packed in the box. Repack refrigerator and accessories carefully.
DO NOT lift or pull the doors or door handles during transportation.When moving, do not tilt appliance more than 45 degrees. Be very careful not to bump the refrigerator into anything.
Allow appliance to stand upright for at least 24 hours before plugging into the electrical outlet.
REVERSING DOOR SWING
This fridge has the capability of the door opening from either the left or right side. It is assembled with the door opening from the left side. To reverse the door swing, follow these directions:
- Remove protective plastic cap from top.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the screws as seen below from both the top and bottom of the door.
- Place on other side and screw into holes. Place plastic cap on top.
- The refrigerator does not work.It may not be properly connected to the power supply, or the voltage may be too low.
- The refrigerator does not work as efficiently as expected.It may be caused by heavy frost, the temperature setting being too warm, or by frequently opening and closing the door.
- It makes strange noises.The noises may be caused by the refrigerator not being stabilized. Make sure the surface that the refrigerator is on is flat and firm. Noise can also be caused by resonation between the refrigerator and objects near it.
- The compressor keeps working for a long period of time.The temperature may be too high. This can also be caused by the frequent opening and closing of the doors, or by the door being left open. Try moving the temperature setting between 4-1.
- The inside of the refrigerator has a bad odor.Food with a strong odor should be packed in tightly closed containers before storing in the refrigerator or freezer. Make sure to regularly clean out your refrigerator and make sure that you do not leave spoiled food in the refrigerator.
- Water is leaking from the bottom of the refrigerator.The drain tube is probably jammed. Contact a qualified technician to repair it.
- Heavy frost occurs in the back of the appliance.Putting humid or hot food into the refrigerator or freezer may cause this problem. Or it may be caused by a lot of moisture in the environment.
- DO NOT place objects on top of the refrigerator that are magnetic, heavy or filled with water. Electronic components may not work properly if water gets inside. DO NOT store valuables or objects sensitive to temperature inside the refrigerator or freezer.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
To prolong the life of your REFRIGERATOR, please follow these simple instructions for maintenance. This appliance should be maintained and cleaned frequently. For your safety, pull plug from socket before cleaning.
- Interior Maintenance Clean the interior of the appliance with clean, soapy water. Wipe dry with a non-abrasive cloth or towel.
- Outer Maintenance Wipe outside of refrigerator with a dry, non-abrasive cloth or towel.
- Door Gasket It is easy to damage the door gaskets with oil, sauce, etc. Be very careful when cleaning.
RETURNS & WARRANTY
SHOULD YOUR UNIT NOT WORK OR IF DAMAGED WHEN YOU FIRST TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX, PLEASE RETURN IT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE IMMEDIATELY.
3.2 CU. FT. REFRIGERATOR / IRF32BK
Should you have any questions, please contact us via email or at the customer service number listed below between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, Central Standard Time.
Distributed by:Nostalgia Products LLC1471 Partnership Dr.Green Bay, WI 54304-5685Customer ServicePhone: (833) 258-4210Web: www.nostalgiaproducts.com
Customer Service Inquiry
To submit a Customer Service inquiry, go to www.nostalgiaproducts.com and fill out the Customer Service Inquiry form and click the Submit button.A representative will contact you as soon as possible.
Product Warranty Terms
Nostalgia Products LLC (the “Company”) hereby warrants that for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase, this product will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal home use, provided that the product is operated and maintained in accordance with the operating instructions. As the sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty, the Company will at its discretion either repair or replace the product found to be defective, or issue a refund on the product during the warranty period. This warranty is only available to the original retail purchaser of the product from the date of initial retail purchase, and is only valid with the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase date is required to obtain warranty benefits. All warranty claims must be brought to the attention of the Company within the warranty period and no later than 30 days of the failure to perform. This warranty does not cover normal wear or damage caused by shipping, mishandling, misuse, accident, alteration, improper replacement parts, or other than ordinary household use. You may be required to return the product (with shipping prepaid by you) for inspection and evaluation. Return shipping costs are not refundable. The Company is not responsible for returns damaged or lost in transit. Unless otherwise specifically permitted by the operating instructions, this warranty applies to indoor household use only. In order to obtain service under this warranty, please contact the Company at the telephone number listed above or by filling out the Customer Service Inquiry Form located at www.nostalgiaproducts.com. Warranty valid only in USA and Canada.This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, which are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law. In no event shall the Company be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in connection with this product or the use thereof. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the foregoing exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty does not apply to re-manufactured merchandise.Please read the operating instructions carefully. Failure to comply with the operating instructions will void this warranty.
For more information, visit us online at www.nostalgiaproducts.com.Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NostalgiaElectrics. Follow our boards on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/nostalgiaelctrx. Tweet along with us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/NostalgiaElctrx.